Laughs

Matchmaker

 

I’m getting a little nervous now. The clock’s hands tick loudly in my empty room. I sigh and get off my bed to open the window and let some air in. On my way back to my bed, I look at my reflection in the only mirror in my room, a full body sized one. I actually decided to dress a little nicer today and wear a pink skirt to go along my white top. I have my wavy brown hair tied up as usual.

Someone knocks on my door and I jump, surprised. Uh oh. Luhan time. I put on my flats and open the door to see… a very nicely dressed Luhan. Maybe I just never imagined him in anything else aside from school uniform, but now, he stands before me in a tight-fit black tee and jeans. I am quite ashamed to admit that my eyes lingered around his toned abs a little longer than I should have. Hmm.

“Hi Kimmy! You look…”

“Yeah, sorry I don’t like putting make-up on,” I mutter, a little embarrassed. I turn away and lock the door behind me so he won’t keep looking at my face. But when I turn back, he’s still frozen.

“So pretty…” he makes a face like he’s about to burst into tears and I roll my eyes at his exaggeration. He grins and puts out his hands.

“Let’s go, Kimmy. I bought us movie tickets and I know you are going to love it!”

I sigh and put my hands in his. Maybe its because we so often have bodily contact, that this kind of thing is quite normal. With other people, I would hesitate before even touching them. And to be honest, I just want to let myself enjoy today as much as I can. I owe Lulu that much.

We walk in the halls and despite the ritualistic stares, I keep my head up high, showing them that I don’t care. Luhan keeps on entertaining me with stories of how he had to beg the teacher not to kick him out of the class because he was laughing too hard at the bird that he thought looks like a deer. Wow Lulu. Yeah, he has this weird obsession with deer. Our hands swing by our side as we walk out of the school. The sky is bright with a little cloud today. The wind blows ever so slightly, and the atmosphere is just perfect. I never thought anyone would ever ask me on a date so it’s always been just a wishful thought at the back of my head. Who would have seen this coming?

I start to hum my favorite song and smile to myself. We are nearing the mall now and thank goodness Luhan walks fast. I am an impatient person after all.

“I like that song too,” he says out of the blue.

“Hmm?” I stop humming.

“What is love, right? I love it. I think it’s such a sweet song,” he turns to flash me a smile and his nose crinkles. I think I look at his face way too much. I look away, feeling shy that I actually had the nerve to hum in his presence.

“Kimmy, do you want to go eat in that new ice cream place first? Our movie doesn’t start until later,” he starts pointing excitedly at a familiar looking shop.

My favorite shop.

“Sure! I can’t believe you know about it. I was just telling Kris to try it. It’s my favorite food as of … last week.”

“Really? This must be …destiny,” he says dramatically. I crack up at his funny expression and he laughs along.

“Stop copying me,” I smack him lightly at his arm and he feigns a hurt-look.

“Stop copying me,” he mimics my high-pitched voice with his hands doing a very girl-like movement.

“Lulu, people are staring,” I whine a little and he continues to speak in a girl voice.

“Kimmy, come on. It’s okay, everyone is jealous okay? Because I am just… beautiful,” he flicks a non-existent hair over his shoulder and blinks his eyes in the most flirtatious way. A passer-by gives him a strange look and Luhan procees to embarrass us even more.

“Hi there, what are you looking at? Oh my gosh, is that a Chanel bag?” he puts a hand over his mouth and that is where I snap. I snort and hold in my laughter as I pull Luhan away from the terrified girl. We laugh as we run into the shop, Luhan with his boy laugh again.

“Lulu! That was not nice,” I say in between laughs.

“But fun. Don’t be a party-pooper, Kimmy,” he chortles. We both slowly cease giggling and find a table for two in the tiny quaint shop. It doesn’t take me long to decide what to order and apparently, not for Luhan too. I suspect he is also a regular customer here.

“Can I have the strawberry cheesecake with extra cream at the side?”

“Sure, Luhan.” The waitress winks at him and I…feel a little jealous. He’s my date. I should be the one winking at him. But when I look at Luhan, he doesn’t have his eyes on her. They are on me. I smile widely at him, secretly feeling like a winner.

“Can I have the chocolate lava cake?” I ask the waitress.

“Sure. Anything else?” Do I detect jealousy?

“No, just that for now,” Luhan says without looking at her. She purses her lips and turns away.

“She likes you,” I decide to point out to this innocent boy.

“I know. But I don’t like her,” he makes a disgusted face.

“Good. She looks too old for you,” I nod, agreeing.

“Excuse me, here’s your order,” two plates are set down on the table and I squeeze my eyes shut. I wonder if she heard our conversation. I didn’t expect her to come back so quickly. I don’t dare to open my eyes and Luhan’s voice shakes as he tries to stop himself from laughing when he thanks her.

“Oh no. Do you think she heard us? Maybe she spat on our food…” I stare at our mouthwatering food in dismay.

Luhan breaks out cackling. His face is slowly turning red and I just stare at him.

“Oh my gosh, Lulu this is serious. Can you even imagine? Someone’s spit in this chocolate goodness!” I smack my face and sniff.

“Oh Kimmy, you are hilarious!” he finally stops and tries to put on a serious face.

“Okay, Lulu. Now, you have to pretend you like her and get her to confess what she did.”

“What? No. No way. You do it,” he picks up his fork and eyes his cheesecake. He is probably drooling inside.

“What? Ahem Lulu, who’s the girl here? You need to be whacked,” I remind him.

“Whatever Kimmy. I don’t think she would spit on my food,” he grins evilly and shoves a large piece of the cake with generous amount of cream in his mouth. He closes his eyes and enjoys the sweetness of the cake. I don’t blame him. They make really good stuff here.

Okay, I am just going to risk it. I pick up my fork and I can feel Luhan’s wary eyes on me as I cautiously break off a piece and put it in my mouth.

“Does it taste like it has…I don’t know…maybe spit in it?” Luhan’s voice brings me back to reality as I too, closed my eyes and was savouring the heavenly delight. My face turns sour and he stops snickering.

“Kimmy, forgive me! I’ll buy you another chocolate cake!” he says with a tiny spot of cream at the corner of his mouth. I try to keep a straight face on but end up chuckling at his silliness.

“Chocolate lava cake, Luhan. And … you have cream right there,” I point to his face. Before he can wipe it off himself, I take a napkin and do it for him. I don’t know why, but it was just a reflex. At least I think it is.

“Ahem, the check?”

“Huh?” Luhan looks to the side and I do the same. The waitress does not look happy as she holds out a piece of paper for us.

“Oh thanks,” Luhan takes it from her and he pays for our food, despite my constant complaints.

“Kimmy, just eat your cake,” he shushes me and starts eating again.

“Fine.” I can’t leave this unfinished anyway. It’s sinful.

Luhan finishes before me and since we paid, we just get up to leave and walk to the movie theater, right across the shop.

“Let’s go,” he says excitedly, his hair bouncing up and down with his head.

“I thought I’m supposed to be the one excited? What are we watching anyway?” I look around, curious. Not a lot of people are here today and I like it this way. More privacy for us, I guess.

“Wizard of Oz,” he announces proudly and holds up two silver tickets. Okay, I have been looking forward to this movie too, but how did he know? I think he may  have read my mind…or maybe face expression.

“You mentioned it in Math last time and I also thought it sounded interesting,” he shrugs. That’s…thoughtful of him to remember.

The person points us to the theater numbered 6 and we walk right in. My eyes adjust to the darkness immediately and Luhan leads me to our seat, his hands clasping mine. The commercial is ending and the beginning of the movie starts by the time we are settled. I slip off my shoes and cross my legs on the seat. I think one should always be comfortable when watching a movie. I turn to see how Luhan is doing and he turns at the same time.

“Come here,” to my utter surprise and  horror, he lifts up the armrest so that nothing is between us and puts his strong arms around my shoulder before pulling me to his chest. Maybe it’s just the girl in me, but again, my reflexes dictates that I lean my head on his chest. I can hear the blood pumping through his heart and I am thankful that he can’t hear mine. Because my heart is beating faster than normal. Is it because of him?

We keep our position like this for a while, our eyes remain transfixed on the humongous screen. It’s quite comfortable. I like his warmth around me, like a protective shield. Sometimes, I can feel his eyes on me for a few seconds before reverting back to the screen. I don’t look at him, because it might be too awkward.

Forget it. I can’t resist. Maybe just once. I want to see his face up close.

Big mistake apparently, because he saw me look up at him and he looks back at me.

It’s one tense moment. A nanosecond decision on his part, indecisiveness on mine.

He leans in, his lips inching closer to mine. I don’t move away, but he moves really slowly. I think he is letting me decide.

Do I kiss him now? Or do I look away?

Too late. 

 


 

A/N: OOOOOOOH KIMMY!!!!!! okay, sorry for not updating!!! but yeah i was busy with school and probably going to be even busier soon!!! but there you goes!!!! ARE THEY GOING TO KISS?!!! CAN YOU RESIST LUHAN AND HIS CUTENESS?????!!!!!! AAHHH *excuse me while i rip my hair out in frustration and die of feels* OHKAI YOU CANT IMAGINE MY FEELS FOR LULU AAHHHHHH!!!!!