Postlogue

Matchmaker

 

The heat of the sun burns my skin. I can feel my cells sizzling as they scream, but all in all, the warmth of the air is comfortable…quite hot, but comfortable nonetheless. I sigh as I lean against Baekhyun, our feet tangled up together and in contact with the fine grains of beige sand. A loud boy calls for me in the distance. His arms flail around madly as he runs towards us. I squint my eyes, partly from the glare of the sun, but also from the deafening noise echoing in my eardrums. Luhan’s lips need to be introduced to duct tape…

He is finally just in front of us, blocking the light with his topless body. I’ve seen it a couple of times so that I didn’t have to gawk embarrassingly at it this time. He is very toned, with visible lines that boast his six packs of abs, though not finely shaped. His skin is almost as fair as mine, which begs the question…how? Luhan’s green trunks are starting to hurt my eyes as well… trust this boy to show up in flashy clothes.

“Kimmy! Get up! Get your lazy up! Let’s play in the water!” Luhan starts nodding his head vigorously, as if that will pull me out of this warm lethargic buzz I am in. Baekhyun pokes my head.

“Kimmy-ah, let’s play,” he says childishly. I look up at him and scrunch my nose.

“I’m too lazy.”

“Baekhyuna, you know what to do. The rest are waiting in the water already. It’s nice and cool in there. See you there,” Luhan smirks and he waves without looking back. The sound of water crashing and smacking into the rocks do seem tempting…but again the softer waves that pulls at the sands of the shore sound much more calming and alluring. I cross my arms and lay my cheek on Baekhyun’s chest. Unlike Luhan, a thin, white cotton shirt is separating my skin from his. Baekhyun isn’t very open with his body, sadly. Although I can tell you, its very much what you would think it’ll look like…hot, yummy, disgustingly attractive, se-

“Kimmy, don’t you want to play?”

“Mhhm?” I slap myself mentally for sounding too dazed and dreamy. To compensate, I prod his stomach and he jolts up a little. I laugh at his cute response, which makes him scoffs.

“I don’t feel like getting up. You go ahead, I’ll wait here,” I tell him. When he doesn’t answer, I look up at him. He shakes his head so his hair falls over his eyes but he blows them away.

“I’ll only go if you go.”

“Copycat.”

“Its called being a nice boyfriend.”

Its called being a nice boyfriend,” I mimic him with a mocking tone and I grin.  Something flashes in his eyes.

“Should I just be a bad boyfriend then?” he plays along.

Should I just be a bad boyfriend then?” I hold off a giggle as I repeat my mocking tone. Baekhyun sighs.

“Well, you asked for it.”

Before I can say “pig”, Baekhyun stands up. No, not only him. He scoops me up in his arms with ease, carrying me bridal style, ignoring my constant protest and kicking feet. He grins, half smirking, as he puts a little bounce in his steps. The screams of the others are getting annoyingly close. I grumble and groan.

“You evil boyfriend.”

“You asked for it.”

I groan one more time and plop my head against his shoulder’s support. He laughs at me and I can hear the reverberating sound rumbling from deep in his hollow chest. Maybe if the waves stop for a while and freeze in time, I can hear his heartbeat too.

“Hey guys, you finally decided to join us!” Kris shouts. He splashes water to the surprised Abbey who happens to be waving to us. Her face is drenched in an instant and she glares at Kris. Luhan shakes his head in the distance. I just grumble in response and wound my hands around Baekhyun’s neck firmly, refusing to let go as I bury my face in his chest. He chuckles.

“Kimmy, I am about to drop you to the water,” he says in a serious tone.

“I dare you,” I say, my voice muffled by his shirt. He exhales very audibly.

“You know I will do it.”

“Fine.”

“Fine what?”

“I will get down now, thank you.” I unlatch myself from him and he lets me down. I stand up quietly for a while and the others seem to watch me intently. I wink at Luhan because Baekhyun is behind me and Luhan seem confused at first. But then I bend down and splashed a handful of water to Baekhyun before running away, laughing madly. Luhan joins me and I run to him, seeking protection. Baekhyun lets out a gasp and finally comes to his senses. Just like that, everyone is chasing everyone around the shallow part of the ocean, the water swaying more violently wherever we run. The sand feels sticky and disgusting between my toes but I don’t care. Another bubbly laugh slips from Baekhyun’s mouth and I feel the urge to run back to him and kiss him, but that would make me a candidate of attack. Luhan shields me from Baekhyun and he laughs along, as he kicks some water to Baekhyun’s body.

“Hyung, you can’t-“ Baekhyun couldn’t finish his sentence. He splutters and cringes when water gets in his mouth because Luhan used his fingers to splatter water on his face. Luhan doubles up laughing, so that he couldn’t see Baekhyun scooping up water. I run away just in time to watch Luhan’s shocked expression and Baekhyun’s turn to laugh as he points at Luhan. Now both of them have faces smothered by beads of seawater. It is quite a beautiful sight. I sigh and place my hands on my hips as I watch them glare at each other in the most menacing way they can manage…which is…not very menacing at all.

Baekhyun’s eyes flicker to me and I freeze. He smirks to Luhan and they both turn their heads to me, two pairs of diabolical eyes trained on mine.

“Uh-oh,” I mutter and start scrambling away, my legs making large ripples in the water. Their deep laughter is fast catching up to me. I try to pull down my oversized T-shirt as far down as I can. Although I am wearing a two-piece bikini underneath, I think they are ridiculously overexposing…now if I were to get wet…

“Ah!” I scream as water splashes on my head and trickles down my back. I stop…which is a big mistake because the next wave of water goes to my face. I squeeze my eyes shut because the salty water is quite a stinging pain. I hear the tell-tale sign of someone coming near me with the sounds of loud splashes, so I start to move forward blindly, which was another dumb move, because I start to lose my balance.

“Kimmy!”

Too late. I squeak as I fall headfirst into the shallow water. Its like taking a diving plunge from 100 feet above the water. My senses seem to have left me. My head seems to pulsate with the ripples, pounding heavily. I try to sit up but someone has already pulled me out of the water. I rub my eyes and try to cough out anything that doesn’t belong in my mouth.

“Kimmy, are you okay?” Baekhyun says half laughing, but with a heavy tone of panic. I can hear Luhan cackling in the background.

I nod in response, clearing my throat uncomfortably. It feels dry. On the other hand, I have regained full usage of my eyesight. Baekhyun’s face is only inches away from me, his worried eyes staring. I inch away and make a face.

“Shoo.”

“What? That’s what you say to your savior?” Baekhyun feigns being hurt. At that moment a seaside breeze blows by and I feel exceptionally…breezed. I look down at my now-see-through shirt, revealing a pink bikini underneath. Heat starts rising to my cheeks.

“Um…” I look up at Baekhyun and his eyes travels down my body, instantly bulging. He blinks and swallows.

“Okay, we are getting away from here. Dangerous area,” he mumbles. I notice him throwing a scared glance to Luhan, who is approaching us.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Is Kimmy okay?” he asks. Oh dear gosh, Luhan, do not take another step forward.

“Yep, she’s fine. Just have to get her dry,” Baekhyun calls out and waves to Luhan to stay where he is. Luhan stops for a while, confused. But then he starts walking to us again. I may be embarrassed by Luhan seeing me like this, but it doesn’t compare to whatever Baekhyun was thinking about. He takes my hand and as he bends down, he tugs on me to get on him. I follow along and hold on to his neck tightly. He ignores the funny look Luhan is giving us and trudges back to the shore.

“Hey-“

“Be right back, Luhan,” Baekhyun holds up a finger and I wave to Luhan as we leave him alone, standing like a lost puppy in the middle of the endless body of water.

“O..kay?” I can hear him say quietly. I laugh a little. Poor Luhan. Poor baby deer.

“Meet us for bubble tea later!” I shout to him and he looks just a smidge better when he holds his two thumbs up.

“This is all your fault,” I turn to Baekhyun and jab his cheek.

“Who started splashing me?” he retorts.

“Well you were the one who wanted to play.”

“Yeah, but I didn’t want to get wet.”

“The point if playing in the water is to get wet, Baek…” I rest my chin on his shoulder. We have reach the shore and Baekhyun fixes his hold on my legs. He walks in the direction of our cloth set up in the sand.

“Yeah, but I didn’t want to get wet,” he repeats stubbornly.

“So…you just want to get me wet?”

“No! Why would I want you to get wet? You had your…your…white shirt and everything!” he exclaims, sounding a little too flustered.

“Luhan was there too,” Baekhyun groans.

“So?” I ask innocently.

“So, he’s not allowed to lay his eyes on your…um, on you…like this. Just…no.” Baekhyun shakes his head indignantly and I laugh. Silly Baekhyun.

“Well, sorry for being very protective over my girlfriend. Only I should have the privilege of looking at your for however long I want,” he says, with a cute note of ‘hmph’ in his statement.

“You are also not allowed,” I say in a dead monotone voice. Baekhyun stops right in front of our bags and the spread out cloth we laid on earlier. He puts me down and rummages inside the bag for a towel. He holds it up to me while covering his eyes.

“I will not look. I will not look. I will not look,” he chants to himself. I roll my eyes and take the towel from him.

“Baek, take my spare shirt in my other bag, please.”

“Yes, ma’am.” He starts looking around and finds it almost immediately. Its another one of my oversized shirt, but red coloured.

“Thank you,” I chirp as I take it from him. Baekhyun sits down on the cloth but looks away when I peel off the wet clothes sticking to me and slip on the new change.

“I am done,” I announce and Baekhyun flicks his eyes back to me in a flip of a second. I toss the wet cloth to the side and join Baekhyun happily when he pats the empty space next to him. I lay my head on his shoulder again, staring into the view of the horizon. The sun is just starting to dip into the line at the end of the ocean, separating the water from the sky. Baekhyun sighs a blissful sigh.

“It’s pretty,” I murmur.

“Not as pretty as-”

“Shh,” I silence him, preventing possible cheesy lines. Baekhyun snickers.

“Hey angel,” he calls to me. Sometimes, he tends to do that..calling me by angel. I used to cringe because it brings back a lot of memories, but not anymore.

“Yeah?”

A pause.

“You’re really hot,” he whispers close to my ears and I jump.

“I knew it. Water is a bad idea,” I wail and cover my face with his shirt. He can only chortle.

“I think I like water so much more now…I wonder why,” he teases.

“Byun Baekhyun, I will kill you.”

“You can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because I love you,” he replies bluntly and wraps his arms around me, pulling me close to him. His infectious warmth is spreading to me, so I snuggle closer to him.

At times like this, when things are really too perfect, I ask myself why can’t this beautiful boy just marry me already. I will love him until the end of time.

“Baek?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you too.”

“I know,” he replies blithely, and he kisses the top of my head. 

 


 

A/N: TADA. end of story. that's it. this is really....the last chapter. TT_TT CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME BAEKHYUN RIGHT NOW? PWEASE? vhfdsbvksjkbvsjdhf 

so.lemme know what choo guys think of this chapter? heehee. Bye bye <3 

OH and I made a oneshot spinoff for Kris and Abbey if you guys wanna read :) Tell me what you think about it? Heehee <3 

Special (One-Shot Spin Off) 

Kay. Bye guys. For real, bye. I love you all for reading this. And for being such lovely readers. Thank you /throws EXO and flowers to the air/