Angels

Matchmaker

 

I spin and to my relief it’s just Baekhyun. He is smiling down angelically at me and I smile back. As he walks to sit beside me, hands in the pocket of his jacket, I wonder. Was there a part of me that wanted to come here because of Baekhyun? Because I wanted his company?

While I sit up straight, he’s not. He hunches down so his elbows rest on his thighs and he turns to look at me. “How are you?”

“I’m good,” I lie to him. I think he can see through me. He’s very…emotionally conscious. I can tell. We don’t interact a lot, but he’s unlike Kris or Luhan. He has a special way of just drawing me in. I want to see more and more of him. I need to.

“You?” I ask, throwing the question to him, so he gets distracted. I’d rather him tell me more about that girl he has in his mind, than me spill my tears out.

“I’m okay too,” he smiles serenely but we both know, we are both lying through our smiles. I can’t explain why. Maybe it’s because we are both out here, wandering around like lost people trying to regain something. As if the night air will help, I snort.

“What?” he asks, scrunching up his perfectly shaped eyebrows.

“Nothing,” I look down at my swinging feet. His eyes follow mine and chuckles.

“You know you can tell me anything, Kimmy. Sometimes I think I scare you away,” he muses and I look at him in horror. No way.

“No way! You don’t. You are the most… um…” I tap my finger on my chin, trying to think of a word. Calm? Composed? Handsome? Cute? y? Oh gosh, inappropriate thoughts are now swimming around in my head.

“How nice to know that you don’t think anything of me,” he fakes sadness and looks away dramatically.

“Tsk, Baek…” I call on him. He turns back to me, grinning.

“No, seriously though. I know it hasn’t been easy, Kimmy. I saw the flyers…” his voice grows quiet and his eyes turn dull. I can sense his deep anger.

“I know. I just…” I sigh and look up at the stars, the shiny objects that attracts him so much. I wish I’m like those stars, maybe then I would be trouble free. And Baekhyun can be spending time with me every night. Just like this. He waits for me in silence.

“I was bullied okay? I don’t know why I can’t get over it. I was ten years old and a happy kid. One day, my dad got into trouble because he was drunk and driving. I don’t know how or what happened but my mom only told me he almost killed someone. I don’t hate him for it. I can’t…he’s my dad. But…the other kids do. I don’t know why, but even my best friends… they…just all turn against me. Just for that. I mean, its not like he did it on purpose. But even my friends’ parents forbid them to play too much with me. They … all point fingers at me and call me names everyday. It’s just horrible. And now…” I don’t know how long I have been talking, but Baekhyun just sits there and listens patiently. He has his hands in a prayer’s position.

“Kimmy, I am so sorry to hear that,” he murmurs.

“Yeah, me too. But it happened already, you know? There’s nothing I can do,” I shrug it off, so I don’t look pathetic in front of him.

“I’m here for you,” he adds. It kills me how caring he is. How he is trying hard to reach out to me, when really, he doesn’t need to. I am ready to jump into his life any day.

“I know, Baek.”

“So, other than that, how was your day?”

“It’s good actually. Luhan um… took me out on a date,” I admit, blushing under the light a little. This is ridiculous. Why am I becoming shy and uncomfortable all of a sudden?

“Oh. That’s good for you!” he smiles genuinely at me. I see a flicker of emotion in his eyes, but I can’t tell what. It bothers me.

“Yeah, I guess. Baek?”

“Hmm?” He is so reserved, I thought. Yet, behind the curtain of silence, it seems like he is hiding a million thoughts. He is opinionated, but chooses to keep them to himself. I like that trait.

“Why? You know you don’t have to even care about all this… Mai issue?” I slump my shoulders, tired from sitting up too straight. He looks away and again, I can tell he’s thinking of …things. What a complicated boy.

He his lips out of habit. “Because I don’t think it’s right. Someone like you shouldn’t have to suffer through this. You’re like an angel. Angels shouldn’t be sad,” he grins to dissipate any awkwardness. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad. Happy that he thinks so highly of someone like me? Or sad that I was secretly expecting a different answer?

But nonetheless, I am very touched by his answer. My cold heart melts and I see Baekhyun in a whole different light. All this time we have been talking casually in class, I never knew there is this side of him. I guessed, but experiencing it is a whole different matter. It’s indescribable. He makes me speechless with his words from his heart. It’s almost scary how much he can affect me.

“Baekhyun, you are one of a kind. I think you are my angel, sent here to protect me,” I joke around and he laughs. Even his laugh is captivating.

“Can I be your angel then?” he is actually being serious now. He is smiling but he means his question…his request.

“I don’t see why not. A princess like me obviously needs a guardian angel,” I tease and he laughs again. I don’t know if he actually takes my answer to be a yes, or just impertinent. The latter maybe?

“Alright, princess. Time for sleep?” he gets up and waits expectantly for me. I guess its enough adventure for today, so I get up and brush any germs I thought might have stuck themselves on my skirt. He waits for me and when I’m done, we start walking to the isolated door. 

“My room’s this way,” he points to the staircase opposite me.

“Mine’s the other way. See you next time then?”

He nods and smiles. He waits by the foot of the stairs until I am well on my way. Before we can completely lose sight of each other, he shouts a little.

“Oh by the way Kimmy?”

“Yeah?” I peek from the corner of the stairs.

“You look very pretty today,” he blushes a little as he looks up at me.

“Thanks Baek,” I smile widely at him and skip up the stairs. I am not going to tell him that his compliment made my day. I can’t. My heart is racing, and its not because I am half running up the stairs.

Obviously, it’s because I am thinking of him. 

 


 

A/N: OHKAI my lovely readers, what do you think???? ZOOOMG BAEEEKKKK i just uugh OTL i just.. OMG baek is like.. my life. my life equation is EXO=LIFE. what is yours??!!! but anyways, sorry its a pretty short chapter! i am mighty sleepy and yeah, bahaha, i had to. BAEKHYUN WONT YOU JUST MARRY ME AHSDBCAHSDBCLADHBCALSHDBCUYEGCEYDHBC 

 

*sigh* ohkai, anyways, so who among you live in South Cali, US???!!!!!!!!! There is a new fan club that is launching soon!!! And Check it out maybe??? it's going to be awesomeeeee XD all EXOtics from the area can all unite and SPAZZ together. yesh, thats raght. So check it out or tell your friends? THANKS!!!! ♥ *i swear  i love you all like... to the power of infinite... yes i know its mathematically impossible unless its number 1..omg ohkai im ranting nerd talk but you guys are just like the BEST* 

Here's the link to the fan club's tumblr!!!: South Cal EXO Fan Club