What is Love (Mystery P.O.V.)

Matchmaker

 

I wish she would stop talking to him so much. I watch from afar as Kimmy throws her head back and laugh. He’s laughing with her too. I can’t watch this. I don’t know when I got so possessive. I should be the easy-going guy that everyone knows me to be. But this…

I turn back and walk away from the scene. What is this burning feeling I have in me…this desire to rip something apart right now? I disgust myself. No, I must not be reckless. If Kimmy wants me…she’ll tell me. Won’t she?

I open the door to my class and walk to my seat, not paying attention to the teacher and stares of the students. I sit down at the first seat I see and take out my books. As I copied whatever the teacher was writing on the board, my eyes move robotically right and left, scanning the words and my hands flies across the page by itself. I’m not really thinking of this though. I’m only thinking of Kimmy. And him…

I don’t know  when it started. The feelings. I thought she was just like any other girls when we first met. But somehow, everytime, I can’t get enough of talking to her. I wish we could talk more, but she always looks so distracted. I swear I have her whole face memorized by now. Not that I stare at her in that way too much…maybe I do…but I can’t help it. What is a guy to do when he’s in love?

I don’t know who knows. Personally, I never really have to hide any moves I make on her, trying to hint that maybe I like her. She never understood, as blatantly as I get. Maybe it’s just not enough. A lot of people would probably agree that it isn’t even close to being enough. I can’t seem to think properly when she’s next to me. Sometimes, the words I say get too cheesy. Maybe I need some lessons on this.

Kimmy…she’s just different. I can tell anyone everything about her and what I like about her. But I can never explain why I love her. Like and love are very different things. I guess I know from experience. Whenever I see her, I wish I can just run to her and hold her in my arms forever. I wish I can protect her and keep her away from other guys. But I can’t. It’s…not right. I just want her to be happy. It would be a million times better of course…if she wants to be happy with me. But I guess…if she is happy with him, I can accept that. I will learn to accept that…eventually.

All of a sudden I feel a pang of hurt and sadness. Anger builds up. It feels uncomfortable and the thought is too disturbing. I erase the mistakes on my notebook a little too harshly and a hole appears on the page.

“Tsk.”

I stop and start writing again, letting my hands loose of the tension at the tips of my fingers. I shouldn’t be mad. I have no right to be. Like I said before, I want her to be happy.

Even if she ends up loving someone else.

Even if I end up with a broken heart, from a one-sided love story. Is it considered love at all? More like obsession.

Even if she will always treat me as a friend…that invisible barrier in between us, the only thing that is stopping me from kissing her and confessing my feelings. Because that isn’t one of the things friends can share, right? A kiss?

Even if I have to pull myself away from her to not get hurt too much. It’s difficult. She might as well be gravity, pulling everything to her. She probably doesn’t even know it herself.

Even if it means giving up the one thing in my life…that I know … I love. And I can’t even understand why. 



 

 

A/N: Ohkai little watermelons, i am super busy with school and i am so sorry, i am not feeling very inspired right now OTL and some stuff and yes. and so i shall try to update again tomorrow. THIS chapter here is a mystery person's point of view. yes, GUESS WHO IT IS! i'm going to tell the answer, but i dont know when.. LOL but i'll tell the answer when i think i should bahaha, i think you guys can guess who it is already though... but yeah, sorry sorry sorry for the short and low quality chapter T_T i just really wanted to write one from ****************'s point of view so yes. bear with me for a little bahah, my exams finish next week.. well, only for the week so idk OTL omg im being too talkative ohkay bye. <3