At the nurse and holding hands

Expressionless

(A/N- Hi guys. I know it's been a week, but I've been busy with my stupid school work. Plus, I won't be able to do my math assignment, so in my depressed state, I decided to create the next chapter for Expressionless.

I do realize there is a poster. Yes, I made it. Yes, it is horrible. FORGIVE ME IT WAS SECOND ONE. My others are better, I hope. At the bottom I'll be posting what I did for Deep Breath, so sorry to my Deep Readers who have already read them. I suggest you read them again because I'll be making some changes.

Now, please continue. :D)


I knew it. I was right. While walking to school this morning, some girls ambushed me and did minamal damage. Well, minimal compared to what I've been through. It didn't seem that way to the teachers when I arrived at school, thankfully before Beast. Now I am sitting on my bed, yes my bed because the nurse's office is practically my second home, waiting on my third ice pack. As I wait, I notice something dripping, causing my sleeve to get slightly wet. Fortunately, I caught on before my sleeve got soaked. Unfortunately, it was more blood.

"Ms. Kim?" I call out, sounding unconcerned, only because I am. A little blood has never done me harm before. Well, except at first, but now I have a tolerance to this pain.

"Yes?" She calls out from the freezer. Probably searching for one of the big ice packs, which were always at the bottom and always for me.

"My arm has started bleeding." I state. I think it was nothing but Ms. Kim would scold me if I didn't tell her. It has happened before and that's what I like about her. She isn't intimidated by my plain, expressionless face like her co-workers. Perhaps it's only because she has seen many kids react differently to injuries but it felt nice.

"Oh, again?" She complains, coming back with a big ice pack. The big ice packs were around half the length of my leg and could be wrapped and folded to meet the appropriate size. They were very convenient but Ms. Kim only had three. One of which was special for me since it has my name, and my blood stains, on it. I hold my arm to her, knowing what to do, as she quickly examines it.

"Why do they pick on you? I should really report this." Ms. Kim mumbles to herself. I know she would never actually report since I asked her not to and there were too many students to count. Every time I came it would be someone different. Practically half the school was in on the fun of torturing me.

I wonder what would happen if they actually cracked me. If a girl slapped me one day and I broke down and cried for the time in two years. Would she get in trouble with the school? Would her classmates congratulate her? Would they hate her for it? Would I finally stop being bullied? The last question was always the longest lasting. My life would be so different if I wasn't tormented everyday.

"Ms. Kim." I call to her plainly. She looks up at me and quickly back to my arm. I've learned this means to go ahead and say what I need while she continues to work.

"How is your boyfriend? Has he been writing to you?" I ask her. Her boyfriend, who does countless volunteer work, is currently overseas in Africa. From what I've gathered I know he loves helping people in need, Ms. Kim, the color green, all animals even man eating fierce ones, and has an adoptive daughter. There are others of course, those just stood out to me the most.

"He's doing fine," Ms. Kim says dreamily, her expression softening,"He has been writing. I get new letters everyday, which means he's either paying extra or seriously writing everyday!"

"That's good." I tell her. Ms. Kim glances at me before sighing happily, a hint of a smile just barely showing up the curves of her lips.

"He proposed." She tells me. I look at her surprised. She's been waiting for the proposal for a good two months now. I felt happy knowing she would be happy.

"Really? That's great! How did he do it?" I ask, letting some excitement seep into my voice. Ms. Kim's smile finally makes its appearance as she glances at me once more.

"Don't judge me on this but I replied,'no'." She admits. Before I could respond she smiles wider and glances at me again. I've learned that means that she isn't finished yet and will explain herself shortly.

"I told him that I want him to propose face-to-face. It was through a letter, mind you. More of a package really. He sent the ring with a note, a long note with fifty-two reasons why I should say yes. Then at the end, he wrote,'You can still say no but when I get back, I'm asking again.' so I decided to wait." Ms. Kim fills me in. That sounds so romantic. Almost impossible for someone like me to achieve.

Ms. Kim must have sensed my thoughts because she then tells me,"Not everyone is meant for a proposal like that Jeung-o. You will have your sweet, perfect moment one day. Don't rush into it like some people, that will never work out in the end." I turn to her nod.

"I know. Who would love me though?" I ask rhetorically. I know Ms. Kim would answer though and I was right.

"You are beautiful Jeung-o! Never let doubts get in the way of anything!" Ms. Kim assures me. I am truly grateful to her. Not only does she rid me of wounds but she guides my life in the correct direction. Also, she never pries, she would share, but I only join if I'm comfortable with it. Which, most of the time, I was. I guess she was number three on my list, with my maid and TOP being one and two. However, if my umma and appa were around, they would probably moved down two. Which almost never happened because appa had to tend to the company and umma had to support him. If I had to compare though, umma was definitely around more.

"Okay." I reply to her. She smiles and lightly pats my arm.

"All done." She tells me. I look her, then to my perfectly bandaged arm. I am truly amazed by her progress. When she started working here about four or three months ago, the first time she bandaged me was completely and ultimately horrible. I guess me coming in every few days in a week gave her tons of much appreciated practice.

"Thank you, I shall be off to class now." I tell her.

"Be safe, as much as I want to see you again, I don't want it to be in this room." She tells me pointing her finger like an old, naggy ahjumma. Ms. Kim is relatively young in my eyes. She is only in her early thirties. I nod and step out into the hallway, where I am immediately greeted by a happy, welcoming face.

"Hello Jeung-o!" Yoseob greets me.

"Hello Yoseob. What are you doing here?" I ask him plainly. To anyone else, it would seem as if I were being cold, but Yoseob, along with the rest of Beast, have figured out that this was just my normal tone of speaking. Any other kind of speaking, like adding excitement or sadness, would tire me easily.

"You were out for so long! It's already time for the first class to start! We got worried so I came to check on you!" Yoseob tells me.

"Well, I'm fine." I assure him. Automatically his eyes start scanning me and stop on my arm. Where the bandage was clearing visible compared to the rest of my injuries.

"What happened?!" He exclaims. I shake my head and pull him by his arm towards the classroom, since we have the same classes together. Yoseob isn't special, I have the exact same schedule as Beast.

"It's nothing I can't handle Yoseob." I state. Yoseob pouts but says nothing more. As we walk a bit more, I let go of his arm and drop it. Only to find my hand laced through his a moment later. I immediately stop and turn to look at Yoseob, who is staring back at me.

He smiles and says,"I wanted to hold your hand." I just look at him but don't object. Soon enough, Yoseob starts walking again, gently pulling me at first before I start walking myself. Luckily, the halls were empty so no one saw us. I don't want the whole student body after me.

As we arrive at the classroom door, Yoseob still hasn't let my hand free. I try to take it away but his grip tightens. He turns to me and grins.

"We sit next to each other, can't we just go in like this?" Yoseob asks me using aegyo. Sadly, aegyo doesn't work on me. Most of the time. Yoseob is just irresistibly cute but I can't let him get the better of me. I don't need more attention by walking in the classroom holding hands with Yoseob. It was bad enough just hanging out with all of the kingkas but having people assume things about me and just one of the kingkas is way too much.

"No." I tell him. Sighing, Yoseob gives up and drops my hand dejectedly. I rub it, feeling nice to have my body part back and did something incredibly out of character.

I pat Yoseob's head while a,"Thank you." slips out. He beams at me and enters the classroom. I quickly follow after him and we sit in our seats. I have no doubt Yoseob will never let me hear the end of this. No doubt at all. The rest of Beast notices Yoseob overwhelming happiness and leans in closer.

"What's with smiley face?" Junhyung whispers to me specifically but quietly enough the teacher wouldn't hear and loud enough for the group to catch. I shake my head subtly and mentally face palm myself.

Yoseob, including the rest of Beast, will never let me hear the end of this head patting incident. Never. I'm going to own some puppies for the next week but I'll be forced to pat all of their heads. Aish.


Sorry most of this chapter is sentimental stuff in the nurse's office. I just felt putting that in there because that's what my fingers decided to type last minute.

As promised at the top, here are the previews of some story ideas I have. Please comment on which you think is good. This is being directly copied from Deep Breath with SOME changes.

I would die before I fall in love with you. (I'm going to have two versions, a one shot and a full story. They'll have different endings. So don't think about cheating to find the ending.)

A normal high school girl, Park Min, vows she will never fall in love with the local playboy, Jang Hyunseung. However, he has his little playboy heart dead set on Min but only because she rejects him. When one thing leads to another, will romance bloom or will it all end tragically for these two?

next:

I love you. Secretly.

Junhyung is the son of the ever mysterious business man who owns Yong Incorporated and Choi Jin is the daughter of an ambitious corporation hater. So when they bump into each other and love at first sight takes action, what happens? Forbidden love. That's what and it's one hell of a ride.

next:

Seeing Mermaids (it's a SHINee one O_O)

Taemin, a high schooler, hits his head one day at the beach and ever since, he's been seeing mermaids. Well, that's his version. Lee Cho Hee is a mermaid, who has been watching Taemin from a far. One day while staring at him, she sees him fall into the water. Recklessly, she goes after him. Carelessly, she lets herself be seen. Secretly, they fall in love.

next:

The Keeper

Park Hei goes to a prestigious private academy, with the rest of Seoul's brightest minds. One problem, she's been deemed a Keeper. A Keeper is someone who can grant a wish and once the wish is granted, the next Keeper is chosen. However, being the quiet, introverted girl she is, being noticed is a little hard and you have to be noticed to grant a wish. So when the new kid finds out about her Keeper status, will he make a quick wish or make her his slave? What do you think?

 

Okay, what do you think? Please comment and let me know! THIS MEANS DEEP BREATH READERS TOO.