Laughing to Myself

Expressionless

(A/N- ALERT! HITTING A WRITER'S BLOCK ALERT! So, yeah, sorry if this chapter is , I want to update this one so I can jump back Deep Breath)


I wake up and get ready for school. Putting on the tie of my uniform, I walk down the stairs and head for the kitchen. I ask our chef to make an American style breakfast of bacon, eggs, and waffles. Sitting down at the table, I start to eat.

As I finish, one of the maids takes my plate away. I thank her and head towards the car. TOP is waiting for me, as usual.

"Mianhae, I kept you waiting." I say to him. TOP shakes his head slightly.

"Miss, you're my boss. Why should you be apologizing?"

"If I am your boss, how could you talk to me that way?" I challenge him playfully, and he knows it. TOP always knows the difference when I'm playing around or being dead serious.

"Because you not my boss of course." He quickly replies, smirking slightly as we get into the car. I, as always, open my own door. TOP tried to a few times when he first started, and guess who got a scolding? As I think of a witty come back to his line TOP chuckles.

"What?" I ask curiously leaning closer to the driver's seat.

"Yah, sit back down!" Top tells me noticing I had taken my seatbelt off. You must be thinking, how can an employee speak like that? Well, as TOP had just said, I am not his boss. TOP is practically my second appa.

"Fine fine, appa." I say, stressing out 'appa'. I had thought of a brilliant come back.

"If I am your appa then sit down!" TOP tells me in a fake old man voice. I mentally laugh to myself. Though now, I have forgotten what my own laugh sounds like, so I only imagine what my laugh sounds like and play it in my head. Another great thing about TOP, he knows when he's made me 'laugh' because he watches my eyes very carefully. He says I still have a gleam in them, but I'm pretty sure he only says that because he doesn't want me to fall into a deep depression. Well, a deeper depression, I guess. I can't really tell because I'm not looking straight into a mirror as I mentally laugh, so I take his word for it.

"Alright alright." I say to him in surrender. He chuckles to himself once again.

"We are almost at school, miss." TOP informs me. I nod once to let him know I acknowledge the information and we pull into the parking lot. I step out of the tinted black car and dismiss TOP. Walking to the school I anticipate some sort of collision, but nothing. As if a repeat of yesterday, I make it all the way to the classroom without any damage or pain inflicted upon me. However, this time when I walk through, Beast doesn't scream 'Surprise' at me.

"Morning J-Jeung-o." Yoseob greets me but chokes on my name. I look at him blankly.

"Morning Yoseob." I say plainly tilting my head to the side. This is actually great progress. Normally I would not even reply, let alone tilt my head. As I do this though, I hear a girl whisper that I'm a . Yoseob hears her too and turns to glare at her, making her shut up instantly.

Yoseob tells me he will go retreive the rest of Beast. I nod and walk over to my, new, seat in the middle Beast's circle. I start to get out my things when suddenly Sunny slams her hand on my desks and lifts my chin up to make me meet her eyes. She smirks slightly and then slaps me.

"You . Why are you hanging out with the kingkas?" Sunny harshly asks me while gripping my hair to make me continue to face her. I open my mouth to reply her but someone pulls her off me. I look at Sunny, now sitting on the ground, and Mr.Maknae glaring at her murderously.

"What were you doing to Yun?" Mr.Maknae demands. Sunny shakes in fear and tries to scuttle off but Mr.Maknae grips her arm and demands it again.

"I I I I I'm s-s-s-sor-sorry!" Sunny stutters out. Mr.Maknae shakes his head in disgust.

"Pathetic. You're not sorry, why are you lying?" He spits at her harshly. Then releases her. If Sunny was always afraid, she would be our school's sport star, for sure. Mr.Maknae turns to me and gives me a warm smile, much different from the very threatening look he just had plastered on his face.

"Are you okay?" Mr.Maknae asks me softly and gently. I nod once. He smiles and leans in close to me. I pull back but that only makes him lean in more.

"Don't be s-" He tries to say but is interrupted.

"Yah! Get away from her!" We both turn to see the rest of Beast standing over us, glaring with a passion at Mr.Maknae. He chuckles and moves away from me, to a 'safe distance' according to Doojoon. Kikwang immediately runs up to me, much to Doojoon's objections.

"Dongwoon didn't do anything to you, right?" Kikwang asks me worriedly. Dongwoon, so that's his name. Well then, I guess I'll change a title now.

Dongwoon, A.K.A. Mr.Maknae, the maknae.

I come back to reality when I hear all this laughter. I look around to see Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob, and Kikwang laughing. Dongwoon is pouting in the corner of the group.

"What?" I ask unknowingly.

In between laughs, Hyunseung asks me,"Do you really call him Mr.Maknae?!" Omo. I must've been speaking exactly what I was thinking. Great. I might as well save Dongwoon from even more embarrasment, though it could fail and give him more, but either way it should be fun to watch.

"Of course. He is isn't he? Do you not like my nicknames?" I ask Beast innocently. As I predicted, their faces go blank with horror. The first one to speak is, surprisingly, Junhyung.

"No! Give me a nickname too!"

"No me!" Doojoon cuts in.

"Call me Prince Jang." Hyunseung says coolly. Then Yoseob comes back.

"Yah! Me first!" Yoseob demands.

Dongwoon says smugly,"You can't Yoseob hyung, I was first~" I look over to Kikwang who is just watching us all. I tilt my head slightly and he notices me. Kikwang smiles but it soon fades when the rest of Beast follow my gaze and quickly pushes Kikwang away.

"Yah!" Kikwang says. I laugh, well, in my head that is.

"Sit down, the teacher will be here soon." I warn them. Right on cue too, Mrs.Park steps into the classroom talking to some students before dismissing them. Beast quickly fill the seats around me.

"Magic~"  Yoseob whispers.

"Is there something you wish to share Yoseob?" Mrs.Park asks menacingly. Yoseob turns and grins foolishly to her.

"Of course! I love your dress!" Yoseob blurts out smiling. The whole class, including Beast but excluding me, burst into laughter. I found his remark hilarious, I just couldn't laugh out loud though, so I laugh to myself.

"Very well. Thank you. Let's continue with our lesson for the day now." Mrs.Park says, blushing slightly. She is like thirty-two, and she blushed because Yoseob complimented her. Either that boy has powers of charm or Mrs.Park is easily flattered.

After class, Mrs.Park called for Yoseob to stay behind.

Boy, did we all not know what was about to happen. Gladly, Yoseob isn't that type of boy. Even if he is, Kikwang or Junhyung would probably beat some sense into him. Did I mention life is crazy? Well, what happens next is super crazy.


How was it? Sorry if my little 'Life' thing at the end is a major fail this time. I'm in a rush and NEED to do a load of homework.

To those of you who are predicting what Mrs.Park wants, DON'T. I'm sure none of you will get it. BUT FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON YOUR THOUGHTS!

Thank you as always! I'll update Deep Breath later for my DB readers. Link is in Chapter One! but.....It's in the actual body so CLICK?

Thank you again. ;D