Introducing: Dog lovers?

Expressionless

(A/N- HI EVERYONE! It's me. I'll write a few more chapters before I show you what a crazy nugget I am. o_0)


I look out the window, hearing the pit-pat of the rain as it slaps against it. I remember the accident that happened almost a year ago. My parents were both killed. Funny actually, they both die on the same day, at the same time, but in different places. I was told my mother was in a car crash and my father was stabbed to death in an alley. Leaving me, Kim Jeung-o, an orphan.

Not for too long though. A nice woman soon adopted me, once hearing my story. I was lucky the lady was so kind, otherwise I would've been left to rot in the orphanage. I was really lucky. She married her boyfriend a few months after and everything went smoothly for his, now, multi-million company.

I'm sorry if I'm going too fast. I'm just trying to explain my life in two short paragraphs. Speaking of my life, I believe I forgot to mention that I can't, or won't smile. I can't do anything of that nature actually. I don't blush, laugh, cry, frown, smirk, anything. Ever since my parents' deaths. I guess I did love them, or maybe I'm still traumatized. Is it really my fault though? I want to smile and laugh and cry like a normal girl, but I can't, so normal girls are either too afraid or too mean to talk to me.

Yes. I get bullied. My nickname is "Ice". Not even "Ice Princess", just "Ice". I'm not worthy in the masses' eyes to be called a princess. I must admit, I am pretty. If only I could smile, yeah?

So here I am, being escorted to school in a tinted black car. You would've thought I was some important, rich queenka. Nope, I'm just the spoiled, expressionless girl who no one can love. I hope you notice my sarcasm. I know I did.

As we arrive at school, my chauffeur, whom I've had for a few months now, TOP, gets out and opens my door for me.

"I thought I told you I could open my own door." I tell him.

"Mianhe miss. I did not want you to get wet." TOP says, opening the umbrella in his hand. As I step out, I take the umbrella from him.

"You may go." I tell him.

"Your father gave me sp-" TOP starts.

"My father will not know. Besides, do you not want to go home to your family?" I tell him. I know his mother has been sickly over the past few weeks, so when I'm sure he won't notice, I slip extra medicine money in his jacket pocket. He has asked me about it few times, but I merely brush him off saying I do not know what he talking about.

"Thank you." TOP says gratefully, bowing, he leaves.

I walk to the school from the parking lot using the umbrella to shield me from the rain. As I open the door to enter, someone grabs my wrist and throws me into the wall next to the door. I slam into it silently.

"You were in my way, Ice." The boy says harshly. I take a deep breath and successfully attempt to open the door once more. Making my way to the classroom, a girl jumps in front of me and slaps me.

"Show me feelings ." She demands. I look back at her coolly, making her let out a frustrated grunt and storm off. This happens almost everyday. My fellow classmates make bets to see who can make me demonstrate emotions. None of them have succeeded. Yet. I'd be more than happy to cry for them, but as you know, I cannot.

Once I arrive at the classroom, I go to my seat, noticing someone is sitting there. I stand there shocked. No one sits in Ice's seat, you'll get infected. Those word clear as a bell in my mind. A couple of mean girls once said them, thinking I could not hear them, or perhaps they did know I could them loud and clear.

The boy looks up and smirks,"You don't mind, right?" Dumbfounded, I stand there, saying and doing nothing. What could I do, demand him to get out of my seat? The seats weren't assigned, you just sit where ever, and most students just sat in the same seats.

Slowly, I turn to find another seat. I hear the boy and his friends snicker. I take a vacant seat in the front row just as class begins.

"Today we have new students, class." Mrs. Park announces. I look up uninterested when I see they are all boys. A handful of girls swoon and squeal over their looks. I blink and then look back down at my desk. Just before though, one of them caught my eyes and held them for a second.

"Please introduce yourselves." Mrs. Park orders. I didn't bother paying attention, but I heard something about a beast. Were they dog lovers or something?

Unfortunately, when I moved to the vacant front seat, all the seats around me became vacant as well. The six boys then took those seats for themselves. All but one, because there were only five seats available next to me, creating a semi-circle or something. That boy took a seat behind everyone else, in the next row.

As Mrs. Park begins the lesson, the boys started to talk to me. Or at least tried to engage in conversation.

"So what's your name?" One of them asks me cheerfully. I simply ignore him.

"Haha, she doesn't like you Doojoon!" Another chirps in.

"Yah!"

"Don't tell Doojoon your name, but tell us, arasso?" A really deep voiced one says.

"Maknae, you  better watch it." The one they keep calling Doojoon threatens.

"I'm so scared."

"I'm sure you're scaring the girl right now more." One of them says calmly.

"Tch, you watch it too, Hyuns-"

"What is going on?" Mrs. Park asks suddenly. Well, suddenly to the boys, I had been paying attention and noticed a while ago she had noticed their conversation. I knew Mrs. Park would give me a consequence too, because I was in the middle of it.

The boys all freeze and I hear some guys in the back of the classroom snicker.

"Well?" Mrs. Park presses on.

A girl immediately chimes in,"Jeung-o was trying pathetically to talk with the new students, but they were ignoring her until she started to be a ." I sat there, silent. Regardless of the lies girls would say out of spite and jealously, I would be punished anyway.

"Is this true, Jeung-o?" Mrs. Park asks me expectantly when the same girl chimes in.

"She wouldn't tell the truth."

"Okay, all seven of you will be serving cleaning duty for the next month." Mrs. Park informs us. I hear some of the boys groan, some girls gasp in jealously, and some boy snicker. The funniest thing is that even though the girl that got me into this will be hated on for maybe five minutes, everyone will hate me the most for "spending time" with the, no doubt, soon-to-be kingkas.

Life has a really funny way of working things out, yeah?