61. KYUNGSOO- 17. Holding someone hostage.

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello dears! Here you go, a Kyungsoo for your troubles! :3 (I've been writing far too many Jongins and Yixings and Chanyeols lately ^^')

Enjoy! 

-

Oh no.

The small note that was stuck on your front door, with your name scribbled in haste didn’t mean anything good. Having your hands full, you pulled it off with your teeth while opening the door, letting yourself in.

The silence of the usually very noisy house was also a thing worth to be concerned about. Normally, you had to venture outside to get some quiet, yet today, a tomb had more commotion than your home.

Placing grocery bags on the floor, you realized another flaw- he didn’t come and help you with your bags. He had a day off, and every time you returned home with even one thing, he would be there, by the door, helping you with it no matter how light or heavy it was.

You sighed. This wasn’t good. This wasn’t good at all.

And so when you opened the note addressed to you, it all dawned in on you.

Kyungsoo was kidnapped, the paper stated, with many exclamation marks prancing here and there.

And if you ever wanted to see him free, you should agree on the conditions the kidnappers have. They will be waiting for you in the living room.

Taking off your coat as quickly as you could, kicking off your shoes somewhere into the hallway, you rushed into the living room…and you tried your best to keep the scared look on your face and not burst into laughter.

He was sitting cross-legged on the floor, leaning against the couch. There were several of your tights wrapped around him, with his arms pulled back, and a rubber ball stuck in his mouth. On each side of him was one of your offspring, trying to look as dangerous as they could with them pressing stickers against their father’s cheeks, and Kyungsoo looked so done with his life, you almost couldn’t keep the cackle inside you.

Uncle Jongin sat on the couch, arms crossed on his chest and out of the three mobsters, he was the only one to keep a perfect, stone-cold glare on his face, although his eyes twinkled with mirth.

“Kyungsoo!!” you yelled out desperately, reaching out to him, but your husband didn’t reply. Normally, he would’ve played along just fine, but who knows how long he has sat there. He just wanted out.

“That’s close enough!” your baby girl told you, her hand stopping you in your movement.

“Are you alone?” the boy asked, trying to look as menacing as he could with taking a sticker and placing it right on daddy’s nose. You nodded hastily, making sure you wouldn’t look at Kyungsoo for more than five seconds, because you were sure you would be on the floor in stitches.

“Are you sure there are no narks in the hallway?” Jongin asked in a low growl, grabbing another pair of your tights and stretching them in something that was supposed to be a threat? You weren’t really sure.

Uncle Jongin had his own special way with playing with your kids, a way you didn’t understand at times.

“N-nobody came with me. I came as fast as I found the message, and- oh god, Kyungsoo…” you fake-sobbed, falling to your knees.

“I’ll do whatever you ask for, please, just let my husband go!”

“Anything we ask for?” the girl piped up, eyebrows risen. The girl had a future in blackmailing, you noted in surprise. Her acting was on point, from the annoyed sigh, to the small arms as she crossed them across her chest, to the dangerous glint in her eyes. You and your husband should make sure her future wouldn’t steer her in that way.

“O-of course! I’ll do anything!”

“Even ice-cream before dinner?” the boy asked, this time the sticker getting an honorary place on Kyungsoo’s eyebrow.

“B-but, I didn’t buy any ice cream.” You realized, trying to look as heartbroken as possible.

“Do you think we want any generic brand poop?” Jongin piped up, and both Kyungsoo and you turned to look at him. The kids stifled giggles under their palms.

“We want the good stuff. The ice-cream by the park.” He leaned back against the couch comfortably, crossing his legs.

Jongin was a bad influence on your kids, you decided, and from the looks on Kyungsoo’s face, he was thinking the same thing.

“Okay. Okay! Just! Just let my husband go, and we can go to the park!” Your kids barely let you finish what you said, before they ran off with excited screaming into their room, leaving the adults by themselves. The second they ran out of sight, Kyungsoo pulled the tights off him and stood, slapping the back of Jongin’s head briskly. The man yelped, rubbing the hit spot with a pout on his face.

“Sorry, hyung, I couldn’t stop them or else I’d break character.” He tried to explain himself, but it didn’t help. Kyungsoo got a scary glint in his eyes, one you knew very well from back in the days when they were still an idol group.

“I understand, Jongin-ah. But I don’t think I can stop myself from breaking your jaw.” As your husband began to approach the now genuinely scared Jongin, you intercepted him, laughing lightheartedly.

“Now, now, Kyungsoo.” Cupping his cheeks, you made him look down on you.

“I’m just happy my husband is back and safe with me.” Kyungsoo laughed, shaking his head as he pressed his forehead against yours. You could faintly feel some of the stickers press against your skin, and you were sure you will have marks from them. Immediately, you started to pull of some of those that were sprinkled over his cheeks.

“I have no idea how you can play along with them.” He told you, hands resting on your hips. You shot him a confused look.

“How I can play along with them? Excuse me, I wasn’t the one tied with two sets of tights and a rubber ball in my mouth for god knows how long.”

“Longer than I’d like to admit.” He told you sheepishly and you laughed, kissing his lips.

“Sorry it took so long to get here, my handsome hostage.” Kyungsoo chuckled, returning your kiss with a slight promise behind it, one that made you tingle all over.

“Will the hostage get the special ‘Thank God you’re alive and safe’ night?” he whispered against your lips and you chuckled, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

“Only if the mobster will take his little accomplices over to his place and gives us privacy.” You murmured back. Kyungsoo flashed a dangerous look over to Jongin, and you realized where your daughter got it from.

“If he values that his head is still attached to his body, I suggest he would do that.” Jongin laughed nervously behind you, rubbing the back of his neck.

“O-of course, hyung. We’ll go kidnap Chanyeol-hyung and Gayoon, they should be more fun, anyways.” Jongin went over to the kid’s room, telling them with excitement to pack their bags as they are sleeping as his place tonight, a message that was received with excited squealing and more noise. You laughed, shaking your head.

“If that’s what it takes to get a kid-free night with you, I hope you get kidnapped more often, Kyungsoo,” you told him honestly, but your serious façade couldn’t be held long when he cast you an annoyed look. Kyungsoo cracked a smile at your laughter, brushing more stickers off his face.

“Let’s compromise. Next time, you get kidnapped, and I will try to settle in with a different deal than to give our children ice cream for dinner so they will be up until midnight from the sugar high, okay?”  You shrugged.

“Why should we care, when Jongin will be the one to deal with them, right?” Kyungsoo looked at you for a moment, before it all clicked and he was leaning down to press another kiss against your lips.

“And this is why I fell in love with you, my evil, plotting woman.”