41. JONGIN- When he confesses his affection for you to someone else (for Joy

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello dearies~ how have you been doing? :3 Joy requested a small muse drabble and I came up with this...I hope you will like it :3

I'm slowly warming up...soon! :3

Enjoy! <3

-

Your breathing was quickened. This usually happens when you’re stuck in a closet in the room of your crush when they unexpectedly come home sooner from training. You had no other choice- it was either this, or to explain what you were doing in Jongin’s room. The reason was clutched tightly in your hand, the small piece of paper with your written confession on it.

Yes. You felt like a five-year old for doing something like that, but what else could you do? You could barely muster to finish a sentence without stuttering when Jongin was near, how could you say “I” and “like” and “you” in this exact order to his face without messing it up or making a complete fool of yourself?

Exactly.

You couldn’t.

And that’s why you’re confessing to him this way, or you attempted to. Frantically, you sent Chanyeol a text, begging him to come save you.

Jongin was moving way too much for your liking, and you feared he’d burst into the closet sooner or later and you’d come tumbling out. Luckily, you chose the right person to call for help.

“Nini!” Chanyeol’s booming voice surprised both of you, but you were fortunate enough that your head bumping against the wall of the closet went unheard by Jongin.

“Hyung?”

“What are we doing, hmm~?” Chanyeol asked, his voice cheery and enthusiastic.

“Nothing…just came from training…” Jongin mumbled, unpacking more of his gear.

“Oh, really? How was training, then?”

“It was good…like always…” something pressed against the closet door and your heart almost stopped.

“Umm…hyung?”

“Yeah?”

“Could you…move away from my closet?” Oh, thank god.

“Why?”

“I’d like to get in there…”

“Why?”

“Because it’s my closet.”

“Why?”

“Hyung?”

“Noo~, come on!” Chanyeol pushed away, straight to Jongin.

“Let’s go out! I’m starving and we haven’t been together for a long time!”

“But hyung…”

“No buts. Come on!”

“I already have a plan!”

“Ditch it!”

“I can’t! It’s important!”

“What’s more important than me?” Jongin was quiet for a while.

“Forget it.” Your curiosity peaked, and you pressed your ear against the closet door.

“No, no, no.” Chanyeol laughed.

“Tell me~”

“No, hyung.”

“Nini~”

“Step away-“

“Come on, Jonginnie~”

“Stop-“

“I won’t until you tell me!”

“It’s ___!” Surely, you must’ve heard wrong. There’s no way he said your name.

“What?” Chanyeol asked, sounding as surprised as you felt. Jongin sighed.

“___. I wanted to go to ___’s place and take her out.”

“But…why?” The confusion in his voice made you want to come out and throttle him.

“Because I haven’t seen her in a long time.”

“…so?” Damn you, Chanyeol!

“And!” Jongin sighed and you could just see the way he’d run his hand through his hair in frustration.

“And I like her more than a friend and I wanna take her out.”

Oh my god! You couldn’t hold in your squeak of surprise.

“What was that?” Jongin asked and Chanyeol chuckled evilly.

“Why won’t you go see for yourself? And tell ___ you like her to her face.”

“What?!”

“See you later, Nini~” Chanyeol sang, moving out of the room.

You haven’t been breathing when you heard Jongin moving to the closet door with quickened steps. The doors opened with a swoosh, revealing Jongin standing in front of you with wide eyes and pink cheeks.

“___.”

“…surprise?”