51. YIXING- 4. Talking to yourself

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello dears!

How have you been? I hope you've been well! :3 I'm so sorry to be MIA for so long...it's hard to come back to writing when you have so much school to do .__. ...that's why another story about school! With Yixing *Q* (I'm so sorry, my bias is showing far too much)

 

-

He should be used to this by now. By God, it happened so often, almost on a weekly basis, and yet after two whole years, the sight makes Yixing stop and observe you from afar with a smile on his face.

He just found it so damn adorable to see you so out of this world, so focused on your work that you didn’t care about your surroundings and did your thing, as if it was a normal thing to do. He knew he couldn’t come closer- he stayed, leaning against the door with arms crossed on his chest, silently watching you.

Yixing should have you snap out of it soon- you’ve been at it for a little over four hours by now, and you needed a break. Not that you would stop your work willingly, Yixing had ways to make you think about other stuff, at least for a while so you could regenerate. Nothing could stop you from returning back to your studies, even stuff that the members recommended Yixing to do. He tried it only once, and it was a far too painful hit to his confidence when you pushed him away, already mumbling Japanese phrases under your breath as you settled behind your desk, scribbling down the thoughts that slipped from your lips in the elaborate writing, leaving him on the bed alone.

He enjoyed listening to you talk in Japanese- but you never wanted to do so in front of him, getting self-conscious of how you sound. It was the same as writing in Chinese characters for him, because you knew that your hard-earned knowledge might look sloppy to your Chinese lover. So Yixing watched you in secret- just like this, with the sun long gone, the only light illuminating your messy and full desk. It was well over midnight, the time slowly moving toward three A.M. He didn’t know how long you had been at it today, but judging by the nearness of your finals and the way you amped up the hours of studying daily, you could very well be on your sixth or seventh hour of studying.

He will stop you soon enough- and no matter how strongly (or weakly, judging by the nodding of your head in exhaustion) you opposed, carry you over to bed. It has been empty far too long for him, and he will not fall asleep alone again. Not today.

This week you were the one coming to bed later, which was unusual. Normally, it would be Yixing returning from dance practice in the odd hours of night and bringing your sleeping form closer to him for comfort, but now, the tables have turned, and he woke up far too many times with you cuddled to his back, arms tightly around his waist to prevent him from scooting away.

“Baobei…” he whispered from his place by the door, watching the back of your head. You didn’t turn around completely to face him, only tilting your head to the side slightly, indicating that you were listening.

“It’s late.” Yixing announced, creeping over to you. From over your shoulder, he saw the numerous scrap papers with hastily scribbled kanji signs. He could clearly see the papers which you filled in the beginning, and your most recent work- the appearance of the letters got worse every new paper, and the last one you were working on was so scratchy, even the Chinese male had problem reading some of them.

You mentioned it to Yixing only once, but he knew you had bad joints. Joints that ached every time you overworked them and ever since you started studying Japanese, the joints of your arms began hurting as well, adding on to the already painful knees. You were sure never to complain about it to Yixing, but he knew the appearance of the kanji was not just because of the level of exhaustion in you, it was also because of the annoying, throbbing pain in your elbow and wrist. Catching sight of your shaking hand, he sighed, covering your hand with his, looming over your form.

“And you’ve been working far too hard.” He whispered into the crown of your head, kissing it gently. You sighed, disagreeing, but he had no idea what you said, because your reply came out in Japanese. This also happened- a bad habit since you were rooming with your classmate.

Your knuckles were white as you were grasping tightly onto the pencil- he knew because he was pulling it out of your grip, settling it in the nest of papers on the table. Grabbing your hand, he gingerly stood you up and turned you around, just to settle you over the table, not caring about the rustling of papers underneath.

You didn’t seem to care either- defeated, you let yourself be handled around, eyes drooping sleepily. To be honest, the last fifteen minutes, you didn’t even know what you were writing- your hand was automatically sliding across the paper, writing out kanji signs no one could read in the morning. Yet you still didn’t want to sleep- you could know it better, you can learn it for a bit more and have a better grade…- You didn’t even know you were mumbling it out loud before Yixing shut you up by pressing his lips against your moving ones, hand cupping your cheek gingerly. It seemed to snap you out of it for a while, as you focused on his warm brown eyes smiling down at you when he brought up your shaking, hurting hand and treated your aching knuckles to a gentle kiss.

“You’ve done well, baobei. Please come to bed with me?” You smiled back at your lover, arms wrapping around his neck to bring him down to you. You pressed a kiss on his cheek before your legs locked around his waist and you whispered into his ear.

“Please carry me there?” being glad that you switched back into a language he understood, he hoisted you up into his arms, holding you close to his body.

“Anything for my hardworking baobei.”