42. SUHO- When you're drunk (For Joy)

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello dears! Updating again because of a writing mood! :3 Here's for Joy! <3

-

 

At first, you felt very bad. Oh so bad. And then, the world started spinning and twirling, and the music got so much better. And you got drunk.

Your whole night turned around. The fight you experienced before going out was forgotten with the first shot glass filled with rum, and after you slammed the fifth one on the bar and turned off your phone, you could finally focus on getting smashed.

You don’t do this often. Every now and then, things pile on and you can’t handle them anymore, so you have to let it out, usually in the most destructive way possible. The huge check and number of drinks being in the low twenties were proof that you were fairly successful in your mission. When you were paying, it took you two tries to pick the right bartender out of the three standing right next to each other, and then much longer than you were willing to say to get out of the bar into fresh air.

Your friends were all gone- left with either their boyfriends, or newly acquired boy toys and you were all alone to find a cab and go home. You thought of turning on your phone and calling Junmyeon but then decided against it- it was four o’clock in the morning, and you didn’t want to wake him. Even though you probably could have. That deserved to be woken up, you agreed with yourself with a huff, hailing a nearby cab.

The ride home was longer than you expected. Maybe it was because of the amount of alcohol in you, but you had a feeling as if you were going for hours, and your mind got lost. Why did you even fight with him? Staring out of the window at the blurry lights, you sighed. You don’t even remember, to be quite honest, you just know it left you very upset. You were gone for a week, because of school and luckily, they gave you Thursday off so you could travel home earlier. You came, and for some reason picked a fight with Junmyeon. Maybe it was because of the girl you found in your apartment when you were expecting to find your boyfriend alone and for the taking. Usually, you weren’t jealous, it was just something that your friends and school told you about relationships like your and Junmyeon’s that made you insecure. And coming home after a week to find that pretty girl who apparently works at Junmyeon’s firm at your place, laughing so casually while sipping coffee from your favorite mug had you seething with anger.

You sighed again, rubbing your temples. “You aren’t going to puke here, are you?” the cab driver asked you with a stern expression, slowing the car down in case you had to jump out.

“Ah, no. Sorry…just thinking about some things, I guess.”

“Girls in your condition usually do.” He shrugged with a small smile, turning into your street. Looking up at your apartment floor, you saw the lights were still . With lifted eyebrows, you moved to turn on your cellphone. Was he awake all this time?

With the number of missed calls and texts, you guessed he was.

With a small soul, you climbed up the stairs to the third floor, as quietly as you could, but that probably wasn’t enough, because Junmyeon was already standing at the door, leaning against the wall with an unreadable expression on his face. It was maybe a mixture of coldness and anger, but also of fear and relief when he saw you.

“Junm-“ you tried talking to him, but he turned around and walked into the apartment without a word. You attempted to hide the evident hurt on your face as you shut the door, locking it behind you.

The warmth of your home brought back the dizziness of alcohol, and you held on to the wall for support as you pulled off your jacket. Cursing the choice of footwear, the elaborate buckles and whatnots on your boots, you sat on the cold tiled floor to untie them. You grew frustrated- they didn’t budge, and you almost had a feeling you were just tying them tighter and tighter. Cursing under your breath, you beat at your ankles angrily. ing shoes with ing buckles and ty shoelaces, who makes these kinds of shoes anyway-

“Hey, hey, hey…” your wrists were stilled by a gentle yet firm grasp, and Junmyeon knelt down in front of you. You watched him take off your shoe carefully, with furrowed brows. His expression was a storm of positive and negative, of desperate needs to take care of you but stubborn resolution to be mad at you, and you realized with a pang to your heart, that you made him feel like this. Your good, faithful man.

“Junmyeon…” you slurred quietly under your breath.

“You’re drunk.” He stated, not looking at you. You nodded in agreement.

“And stupid.” You added, and he rewarded you with a one-sided smile, shaking his head. When he pulled off your other shoe and reached for you to pull you up, you cupped his face, making him look at you.

“Junmyeon.” You said again, your thumbs brushing over his cheeks.

“I need to…I need to sh…”

“___.” He tried to still your mumbling, but you didn’t let him, covering his mouth with your hand.

“Please, let me finish, I…I’m so…sorry.” The word had something triggering deep inside you, and tears pushed into your eyes. It hit you just how stupid you were.

“I come home, and I pick a fight…and…and I turn off my phone…” Junmyeon chuckled, kissing your palm.

“Yeah, you shouldn’t have done that…I almost went nuts here…”

“And…it’s just because my classmates were telling me about their…friend or some other crap…and he was cheating on his girl when she was leaving for school and…” you sighed, your head hanging. It felt like it weighed about fifty pounds.

“I got scared.” You whispered barely to yourself. Your hands slipped from Junmyeon’s face. They were too heavy, also.

“___?”

“I’m…heavy.”

“No. You’re drunk.” He laughed quietly, running a hand through your hair, before snaking his arms underneath your knees and over your back to lift you up gently. Usually, your whole world would twirl with this movement, but with Junmyeon, it stayed steady.

“And also silly for thinking I’d cheat on you.”

“But they were really convincing…” you argued with him weakly- once you were in his arms, after the whole day of travelling and arguing and drinking, you were dead tired. You were surprised you could still understand what he was saying and doing, as he sat you down on your bed.

“Yes, from today’s fight, I can imagine they were.” The room was quiet for a while, save for the ruffling of clothing. Your own clumsy attempts to pull them off as quickly as possible and Junmyeon changing into his pajamas. Once you were freed from the constricting dress and tights and bra, you pushed away the shirt he was handing you and slipped underneath the covers just like that. You peeped at him from underneath the covers with wide eyes, tears threatening to fall again.

“Are you mad at me?” he was looking at you with this strange expression, nothing you could decipher in your state.

“Are you really asking me that while lying completely in bed after I haven’t seen you for a week?” he murmured underneath his breath, and his words made you bury your face in the pillows. You didn’t quite realize your actions, and now when he pointed it out, you were thinking of reaching for the shirt he was offering you a few moments ago.

“Sorry…” Junmyeon laughed, slipping into bed next to you. Immediately, you were plastered to his side, leg swung over his lap and head on his chest. He pulled you closer by the waist.

“For being drunk…for leaving you hanging all night…for picking a fight…” you counted off on your fingers, and you would’ve continued if he hadn’t pressed his lips against yours in a full kiss.

“Don’t think about it now.” He told you, his hand running through your hair.

“You need to rest…both of us need some sleep, actually. You kept me up all night…”

“Sorry…” you murmured against his bare chest and Junmyeon shook with laughter again.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll find a way you’ll repay me.”

You probably never will repay him. Because the countless times you messed up, he always opened his arms for you and accepted you back. Never in your life you thought you could have a man like him, and now you don’t think you deserve someone so good.

“Shounds good to me…” you murmured drunkenly, and Junmyeon kissed your forehead.

“Good night, ___.”

“Night, Junmyeonie~…”