16. KAI- Saw you Dance History- requested by sweetlove26

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello there :3 I'm back again and I'm bringing Kai with me! :3 I put in some dance words here, so I'll just explain them real quick :3

Passe is a position when a foot is placed above, under or on the knee of the other, standing leg.

Contra is when you do something with your right leg, you mirror it with your left hand. So your hands and legs are going opposite ^^

Now that's that! And enjoy! :3

-

 

“One, two, three…and…fou- or no, was it this way?” you mutter to yourself, shuffling your feet around frantically. You had time to kill until the water would start to boil, so you wanted to use it for dancing.

You held yourself as a dancer with high body intelligence and immense body memory. You could still faintly remember your first choreographed dance from when you were six years old and since then, dancing had been a very important part of your life. You danced wherever you were, your part-time job was being a backup dancer for one of the big industries and your boyfriend of two years was a main dancer in his group.

You met Kim Jongin at one of the jazz practices- you both danced up front and couldn’t keep your eyes off each other. After three or four trainings, he shyly approached you and complimented your dancing. From then on, you slowly but gradually fell in love with the talented goofball that performed for thousands of girls under the name “Kai.”

And here is where your problem was- you couldn’t get a hang of his dances. You stayed loyal to jazz, modern and ballet, while Jongin had mandatory hip hop lessons. Even though he couldn’t get the hang of it at first, he learned the style dutifully and fell in love with it afterwards. As a raised classical dancer, hip hop was very complicated to you. And this is where History comes up.

It isn’t purely hip hop, yet it isn’t your favorite dancing style. Everything about the choreography was weird- even the counting of the steps weirded you out. The choreographer played a lot with the dynamics of the dance, making it impossible to count out properly. But still, you tried. You tried so damn hard to master the bridge and chorus of the dance, because you knew you would make Jongin happy about it. He asked you several times if you wanted to learn the dance with him and you had rejected. You were stubborn; you wanted to learn it by yourself, without his help. That’s why you stayed up countless nights, watching their training videos over and over again, trying to get a hang of the dance. You had the beginning under your thumb, but then you crashed against an obstacle. There was this one moment in the dance that you couldn’t quite master by watching from a screen. You would be able to do it if somebody explained it to you, but you wanted to learn it by yourself. You were sure that Jongin would appreciate it much more than if you asked his band mates for help.

The water started bubbling, indicating it was time for you to place the spaghetti in. You paused from your self-induced torture to carefully slip the pasta in, stirring it slightly. After that, you set the timer for ten minutes and continued your struggle. You put on the song, turning the volume up. As you waited for your part to come up, you missed the front door opening and your boyfriend coming home. He kept quiet, because he knew you would be preparing dinner and he wanted to surprise you, but Jongin was the one left surprised. Just as he sneaked through the living room, your part had come up and you fluidly slipped into the dance moves, your movement a little lazy, but you still didn’t miss a beat. You weren’t dancing the first part to the fullest, because you wanted to save it for the part that gave you trouble. It came up rather quickly and Jongin could see how your moves became more precise so that your body would memorize it better. You started pretty well but then your legs stuttered and you lost it.

“Damn it!” you growled loudly, kicking the counter.

“How did it go? Alright, ___, let’s go slow.” you tried to guide yourself though the moves, too engrossed in making it right to notice that somebody was watching you with an endearing smile on his face.

Jongin had wondered why you didn’t want him to teach you their dances. It always made him a little sad, because it would make him proud if his girlfriend knew the dances he performed. And now, seeing you work on a slight piece of their dance alone, on a difficult part as well was touching. He wanted to run up and gather you in his arms, but he stayed put, watching your moves closely. He then saw the mistake that you made, a small wave that you added on impulse that made you screw up. That was why you couldn’t make it on time and you stayed behind the beat. You went through the dance again and Jongin saw the move with your legs that you did differently as well. Otherwise, you were doing just fine. He smiled, shaking his head. You were too cute when you concentrated on something important, but Jongin thought it was time to step into your practice.

“Close your legs a little bit more. You’ll be able to get into the spin easier.” a voice behind you said and you yelped in surprise. You whipped around to face your boyfriend and then you realized he caught you red-handed.

“Jonginnie~” you smiled, trying to play it off- History already finished and another song came on. You moved to him to embrace him, but he stopped you.

“No, do it again, step by step.” his eyes were all business, yet they twinkled with mirth. You huffed, going over the dance slowly. After a while, he stopped you.

“Here. Don’t do that wave, just freeze for a moment and then go on.” he interjected, showing you what he meant. You repeated his movements while counting under your breath and it finally fit. You smiled in success and danced on, soon nearing the other part that gave you problems.

“And here, stand with your legs closed. It should look like you’re doing a passé with your left leg and the other one just steps up. And the hands and legs are contra.” he explained the part that was the most difficult for you and when you did as he said, you finished the part off perfectly. You were ready to jump at him and hug him, but he stopped you again, bringing out a chair and settling in it.

“Now show me what you got.” he told you, a small grin forming over his lips as he History again. You improvised until the choreography came up, your body contracting and twisting in different directions before you froze and jumped into position. You executed the dance perfectly; the first part that you knew was your playground as you added your own feeling into the dance. The way you played with the moves made Jongin bite his lip in an attempt not to smile widely at you. Soon enough, the hard part was gone and the chorus ended, Suho’s voice coming up. Jongin clapped and then patted his legs, inviting you to take a seat. You complied, straddling his lap and wrapping your arms around his neck. He didn’t say anything at first; he just guided your lips to him, giving you a kiss. You returned his gesture gladly, your fingers grabbing his hair. Before the kiss could head to something more, he broke it off.

“It was perfect.” Jongin complimented you and even though you couldn’t agree with him, you had to smile.

“I wanted it to be a surprise for you.”

“It was a surprise.”

“No, I mean that I would learn it all by myself and then show you and you’d be proud.” Jongin chuckled, pressing your lips against his again.

“I am proud.

“Yeah, but you would be more proud then.” you muttered under your breath and Jongin laughed.

“You’re so childish sometimes.”

“But you still love me.” you said cheekily and Jongin chuckled, slapping your .

“But I still love you.” he repeated after you, kissing you again. This kiss was meant to deepen, but it got interrupted by the time going off, making both of you groan.

“Later.” you told him with a smile, pecking his lips again.

“Will you dance for me later?” Jongin asked you as you stirred the spaghetti.

“Only if you’ll want me to.”

“Then get ready. You won’t rest this night.”