12. BAEKHYUN- Kisses your Insecurities Away

The One That (EXO Scenario Collection)

Hello there :3 Another update is up! Soon enough, the first batch of EXO scenarios will be over :3 I will start doing the requests then :3 Please bear with me a little longer! :3

-

 

Your feet barely held you up as you trudged your way home. Your duffel bag was heavy over your shoulder, but the weight of shame was harder to bear. Music was still booming through your ears, the after-effect of being at a dance competition for a whole day. You were so tired that you didn’t even bother to put your make-up off- the two army style lines on your cheeks were still generating a lot of stares from strangers passing you, but you couldn’t bring yourself to care- you were lucky that you changed from the costume into your civil clothes.

You could only see the road in front of you- everything else was a blur- you couldn’t concentrate on anything else. Nothing else was in your head than that small mistake.

You were in the front row, in the middle for the whole world to see.

And you saluted with your left hand, instead of the right, going completely differently than the others. You didn’t let anything show on your face, your dance trainer was surprised when you asked if she saw the mistake, because she didn’t notice anything- but the judges had to. You didn’t win. Your group didn’t even get to the top three, nor the top five that went on to the finals.

Once again, you were left on the stage prize-less, while groups around you were cheering.

You sighed, closing the door behind you- the silent apartment greeted you with open arms and you let your bag slip off your shoulders. The silence was healing to your hurt ears and since you were all alone, nothing stopped you from crumbling down in the hallway. You didn’t cry- you were awaiting the results to be like that far too much to be surprised into tears. You just laid there, the cold tiles were refreshing against your burning face.

You went over the whole dance in your head. You did it twice, thrice. You still cringed at the time you made a mistake, your hands tightening into fists and your jaw clenching.

Another Saturday wasted. More money down the drain.

You sighed once again, finally rising from the ground and began to unpack. All of your costume- the army jacket, khaki wife beater and black leggings were immediately thrown into the hamper. Your dancing shoes were thrown into your wardrobe and miscellaneous items such as your purse, planner and a few pens were sprawled over the desk.

That’s when the front door opened and Baekhyun waltzed in with a wide grin.

“Well hello there, general.” He saluted you whilst taking off his shoes, conjuring a small smile on your face- you could never stay sad when he’s around you- he didn’t let you.

“Hi there.” You mumbled under your breath, still arranging your stuff on your desk- your purse went into your daily bag, the pens into the penholder and daily planner into the middle of the desk, making itself more prominent.

“How come I’ve never noticed you look so good while acting serious? The army look suits you.” He complimented you, wrapping his arms around your waist. You turned in his embrace, surprised.

“What? You saw me?” his smile was proud, as he nodded like a small child. His fingers gently traced the green marks on your cheek.

“You were perfect, jagi.” He cooed, pressing a kiss on your lips. You ran a hand through his hair, mustering a small smile.

“I’m glad you think so.” You were about to move away from him when he turned you back to face him.

“Yah, what’s with that answer? You don’t think you were good?”

“Well, I’m not the only one who thought so since we didn’t win.” You laughed dryly, looking anywhere but him.

“It’s not your fault the judges were blind. Even Jongin said you guys were good.”

“Oh great, even Jongin saw that fail.” You mumbled bitterly. Baekhyun’s friend had a soft spot in your heart since he danced the same styles as you and knowing he was there made it even worse. Even through Baekhyun didn’t see the mistake, Jongin was sure to notice it. Baekhyun sighed and lifted you onto the desk, much to your surprise.

“Listen to me now.” He said, grasping your face in his hands.

“You were perfect.”

“No, I was-“ he cut you off by pressing his lips to yours. You closed your eyes, grabbing onto the front of his shirt for support, as his lips molded against yours. You opened your legs, wrapping them around his waist so he could come closer. Baekhyun moved away far too soon for your liking.

“Let’s try this again.” His voice was husky and he couldn’t help but to smile when he noticed you wanted to lean in for another kiss. He allowed your lips to touch for a second before he leaned away.

“You.” He pressed a kiss on you.

“Were.” Another one.

Perfect.” The last word was muffled against your lips, as he dove in to kiss you again. This kiss lasted longer and his hands moved from your cheeks to bury in your hair, pulling you closer. You felt his tongue glide over your lower lip and you gladly gave him access, tilting your head to the side.

Baekhyun chuckled before moving away, making you groan.

“Do you still think you weren’t perfect?” he asked you, a smile playing on his face. You only hummed in answer, resting your forehead against his.

“You’re only saying that so I’ll kiss you again?” he laughed when you nodded, cupping your face. He nuzzled your nose in a cute Eskimo kiss, a chuckle rumbling deep in his chest.

“Idiot.” He teased, pressing your lips together.

“.” You retaliated, biting his lower lip.

“Oh, so you want it to be like this?” his tone was hurt, but you knew he was faking it by the look on his face. You suppressed a giggle, raking your nails down his back.

“Fine. Have it your way.” He growled, pinching your backside and returning to kiss you once again.

By the time you two were done, the slight mistake you did was long forgotten.