A Promise

When A Stranger Calls

☎ ☏ ☎

00.09  a.m

He awake because a sense of sudden thirst. He glanced at the spot on the table where usual he put drink there but apparently his glass is empty. With half asleep, he went outside his room to kitchen and returned back with a glass of water.
 
His phone rang. Upsss, he forgot to make it silent. He saw his phone screen as he put his glass on desk. Private number. He thinks that the caller is still same as the night before. Exasperated, he immediately answered.

"Who is this?"

But the caller still didn't answer. As he guess.
 

He waited until some time but the caller remained silent. Rather than spending time waiting for the caller to speak, he turned off the call and went back to sleep. But it didn't work when his phone vibrated again. His hands still pressing to receive that call. He can't sleep now. 100% to be conscious, thanks for the quasi-mysterious callers.


"Hey, who are you? There is anything you needs ? If I know you, I'll make sure that one room in the hospital will be listed your name"


Maybe its sound so mean but he is dont care. He think that person deserve to it. Well, who would want to be disturbed in the middle of the night with a call without a voice?

The caller remained silent. He sigh. And he also remained in his place, silent and set his ear, tried to capture the sound that might appear behind the call.

One minute, Two  minutes and ... He laughed, realizing how stupid and ridiculous what they are doing at that time.


"YA! Do not scare me by making calls terror" He shook his head and hung up that call.


Its start to annoying. Do i needs to track down the phone number, like most films do? Or it was one of my friends who tried to scare me? If i knew that its my  friend, then i will give them what is called "hell".
Thank God, now i am  like someone who  obsessed with what i watched in horror movies.


-------


His class not yet start. He poke his friend and tell him something. Just to spend that bored time.

"Hey, someone still called me last night"
"Who?"
"Someone with a private number. I'm sure he's the same as the night before."
"Still did not say anything?" ask his friend
"Yes. Terrorized me.  What  they want?"
"Stop it!"
"Do I need to trace the call?"
"Something wrong in your mind now. It was just a common call and something bad not happen to you, right?"
"Maybe not now, but later, maybe bad thing will come .."
"Don't  overdo it ..."


-------------
 

☎ ☏ ☎


11:56 p.m

He rolled from edge of his bed to the other edge. His body was wrapped in a blanket, looks like a cocoon. He's not the type of person who has trouble sleeping, but tonight, exactly two hours before ,he drank coffee and the effect of anti sleepiness attacked him at this time.


He cursed himself when tempted by the coffee mix recipes with other materials obtained from his friend. Several times he tried to close his eyes, but sleepy feel not come. Meanwhile he must to go to university  tomorrow in fress condition.

 
Once again, he rolled from edge  other edge bed, still in a cocoon-model in blanket. His phone vibrated and he accidentally pressed the receive  button with his body when he rolled to the other side of his bed.  


He think to eat something, maybe it is will help to make him feel sleepy after that. With desperately, he trying to get out of from blob blanket but he had a bit of trouble and he unconscious fell to the floor because he has reached the end of his bed.


He yelled frustrated. Then sighed annoyed because of the pain.

Slowly he began to crawl back into bed and he fell back when he heard a chuckle that he himself does not know where it came from.


What is it? What is the voice of Ghost? Oh MY GOD. Now this house is inhabited by demons.


"Hey, is there someone there?" His eyes were roamed each corner of his room though his room in dark.

"Hi" He heard someone just answer it.

"Oh, my GOD. Devil can speak nowadays?" He said half shouted in surprise.

"Hey I'm not the devil" Again, voice from something he dont know where they are appear.

"If it was not the devil, who are you? Show your shape!!!  His eyes still roamed each corner of his room.


The voice sounded chuckled again.

"Hey, how can that be? I was on the phone now" said that voice.

His eyes landed on the phone located in the middle of the mattress with back his phone on top. He growled and crawled to grab the phone.


Private number. Finally, you want to talk huh?


"Are you still there?" Asked the voice from the phone.

"What do you want now, huh? Having no voice, now you want to scare me?"

"Hey, I did not mean to scare you"

"What do you want?" He repeat his question again. He dont want to spend his time for this people.

"Sorry to bother you" He said again.

 "So you understand now? Well, that's annoying. I need to sleep but I can not because your call. As your information, I'm in the process of growth "


The caller laughed.


He did not really want to talk to strangers. But it seems now the caller is trying to keep the conversation between them. Exactly made him angry,  tuntil still continue talking to the person


"The period of growth? How old are you? "


"YAA, IT'S RUDE TO SAY THAT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW" He start to shout.


The caller chuckled.

"Do I know you? Do you know me? "He asked.

 "Honestly i don't know. I randomly make a call and it turns out that I tap number is yours. "

"DON'T  LIE"

"Yes. Too well I dont know"

"IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ME, WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME JUST TO CALL MY NUMBER, PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW"
 

Thanks God, now I'm starting to talk shout to strangers, people I do not know at all.


The caller chuckled again.

"Just looking for fun."

"FUN YOU SAY? WITH THE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT LIKE THIS, YOU CALL IT A PLEASURE?" He feel his blood start to boiled. How can anyone playing tricks to him.


The caller  laughed again.


"So what's your name? Sorry. I have not introduced myself. My name is .. ' "

"THIS REALLY IS NOT NECESSARY AND I DONT NEED TO KNOW YOUR NAME. AND I HAVE NO INTEREST IN TALKING TO YOU. PLEASE DON'T CALL ME ANYMORE. "


He wants to turn off his cell phone, but the caller again said ..

"Wait, Wait. If I know your name, what you will still  to receive a call from me? "

"ARE YOU BEING FOOLED WITH ME? WHAT IF YOU ACTUALLY HAD TO KNOW MY NAME? AND WHY I SHOULD STILL RECEIVE YOUR CALL?"

"Wow, you sound like all people  know you, but I honestly don't  know"


He was silent for a moment. He was frown.

So he would call back if he knew my name. If he actually knew my name and I didn't answer the phone, then what will he do? Appeared in front of me? Maybe I can teach him a lesson if i meet this stupid person. Moreover, if truly he is a foreigner and don't  know me, is not that better?

He made a note if "private number" call back, he will not pick up it. FOREVER.


"So how?" The voice ask again.

He glanced at the clock on the wall. This is almost at 01.00 am and he needed to sleep. Just make it fast, he think.


"Whatever"


Across the way, the caller smiling happily.

 

-----------------------------

(A/N) Second chappie.... And happy reading. Feel free to correct my language...