Chapter One

♥...Angels Only Love Once...♥

~ Chapter One ~

 

As I walk down the airport terminal I think about all the things I was leaving behind, leaving everything behind to fulfill my dream. I had recently found out that my job application for the popular Korean idol magazine “Top Idol” had been accepted. I was to be their new official author! I had studied at the journalism university for three years and working for Top Idol is my first big break.

I am actually purely Korean but in my last year of high school my parents decided to move somewhere less crowded,. When I left Korea I was 18 but now at the age of 21, I was returning back to my home. The Top Idol headquarters is located in the big city of Seoul. I’d been in South Korea for 18 years before we moved and yet I’d never been there! I am from a little place called Mokpo, 18 years of my life lies there.

Without realizing I had reached the entrance to the plane and I was greeted by two friendly hostesses. I made my way down the long isle that runs down the middle of the aircraft. I stared down at my boarding pass; it read “46G”. I walked down the aisle watching numbers fly past; “1A…15C…36C…41F…” until I finally arrived at the seat labeled “46G”. With a content sigh I collapsed into the soft blue recliner. I boosted myself up and looked around the plane. I had thought the plane would be full because the last university semester for the year just ended but to my surprise barely any seats had been filled. There was a man in a business suit in the seat in the left corner, a mother and her baby two rows ahead and a young couple sat in the row directly behind me. I peered down the isle to see if any more people were boarding but it didn’t seem so. The two air hostesses that had greeted me earlier were beginning to close the hatch. Suddenly, right before the door was completely shut someone had called out to them from the other side of the door “Yah~ wait!” The air hostesses opened the door for the late passenger, what I saw literally took my breath away. The person who had nearly missed the flight was the most handsome guy I’d seen in a while! You see, at the journalism university, all the guys who attended were always below my criteria…I mean they were completely nice but for me, that wasn’t enough, My mother had always scolded me for constantly searching for a guy that was good looking when there were perfectly fine candidates lining up right down the block. 

Before I left the house the house for the airport this morning my mother reminded me that I was “not to meddle with guys that meddled with your heart”. What she meant was that I wasn’t allowed to have any risky relationships that would end up hurting me. I'm sure my mother is just over exaggerating…not all guys are like that!

However, the handsome passenger was making his way down the aisle and he seemed to be trying to find his seat. I was staring at him for longer than I should have; suddenly my heart skipped a beat. He looked over at me and gave an unforgettable smile. A smile that could kill *0*. I quickly looked away; I was holding my breath until he passed my seat…The last thing I thought would happen, HAPPENED! The handsome guy stopped right next to me *panic* I slowly lifted my head looking straight into his deep brown eyes and he smiled and said “Excuse me, I think I’m sitting here? 46H? You’re 46G right?” stuttering I replied him, “Uh…yes I am 46G, make yourself at home ^///^” as I tried to hide my blushing cheeks. So he sat himself in the neighboring seat and groaned into a stretch. I sat there like an uncomfortable idiot, grabbing at my jeans and staring pointlessly at the ground. My temptations got the better of me as I quickly glanced over at his face for just a split second…*shock* he was staring right at me! Was there something on my face?! Could he tell I was blushing?! Omo~…I finally gained enough courage to confront him; “Um…sorry but is there something wrong?”. He gave a cute laugh and replied “No, no, nothing’s wrong. It’s just that I feel like I’ve seen you somewhere before…mmm…may I ask, which high school did you attend?”. I was surprised at this peculiar question but I answered him willingly, “Oh, I went to EverLasting Springs High.”. His eyes widened and the shade of brown his eyes were, was even more captivating, “EverLasting Springs High?! Yah~! I went there too! Just as I thought! You’re the Singing Angel!” I nodded with delight; things were becoming seemingly less awkward. I was indeed the “Singing Angel”.

In the second year of high school I was selected to be the main vocalist in the annual Christmas showcase. I was told that I would have to perform solo, I hadn’t had any experience of it before but I challenged myself and went ahead with it. It was a tradition that everything about the Christmas showcase was kept secret and only the performers were to know exactly what was happening. When the night of the showcase arrived, the whole school anticipated great performances. My performance began as peaceful music echoed throughout the concert hall. I was suspended by thick wire and wearing full safety harness under my white dress. The staff above lowered me down from the highest point above the stage as white confetti, resembling snow, was sprinkled. Along with my white silk dress I wore matching angel wings on my back, of course, making me look like an angel. I was praised for my spectacular performance and I am amazed that this guy still remembers it now!

The handsome guy lay back in his seat; looking like a real angel…I stared at him for a moment, trying to remember who this guy was. I am sure I wouldn’t forget a guy with deep brown eyes like his…ah! I got it! “Yah…you’re Lee Donghae right?! The boy who had always wanted to become a singer!” He nodded as the same smile appeared on his face.