Breakfast Surprise

Shatter My World

EunJi and Minho both had been keeping busy with their schedules. They hadn’t been able to see each other for a while, but EunJi made it a point to text him once a day to try and have their relationship grow. She didn’t want it to be awkward when they next met.

EunJi bugged Changmin until she found out SHINee’s next free day. She wanted to surprise her brothers-in-law. She also refused the offer to hear and learn about Minho from Changmin. She wanted to learn thing about him naturally like an actual couple would. Jaejoong helped EunJi go to the store and buy all of the supplies that she would need for her breakfast/brunch surprise for SHINee.

EunJi snuck out of the van at 8am and into the SHINee dorms with the camera crews of We Got Married. The kitchen was extremely organized which EunJi was happy to see. She planned to make both traditional Korean and American food. Rice, kimchi pajun, chicken, and some side dishes she prepared ahead of time. Then she was also preparing for the American side of it scrabbled eggs, bacon, toast, and hash browns. EunJi set to making the food. By 10am she had set the table, made all most all the food, made the drinks, and pulled the chairs around the table. Quietly she walked up the stairs to the bedrooms. And peeked in the first room and saw it was Jonghyun and Key. She closed the door and looked at the door across the hall which she saw was Minho and Taemin’s room. Quietly she tiptoed in. When she got level to Minho’s bed she shook him.

“Minho wake up.” Minho rolled over. “I don’t want a lazy husband, get up” The word husband must have triggered something, because Minho sat up straight and looked at her, eyes wide.

“EunJi! What are you doing here?!” Minho tried to cover himself with the blanket.

“Get up! I made you guys breakfast.” EunJi then walked over to Taemin. She was more hesitant with Taemin, seeing they had never met. “Uh, should you wake the other members?” EunJi asked looking at Minho. Minho chuckled

“No, I want to see their faced when they see it is you waking them up.” EunJi stuck her tongue out at Minho before gently shaking Taemin.

“Taemin-sshi time to wake up. I made you food. I even brought you banana milk” Taemin like Minho rolled over. EunJi frowned “Taemin-shi please get up. Minho’s wife tried very hard on making a delicious breakfast for you guys…” It took a second for Taemin to open his eyes, but when he did he screamed. EunJi jumped at this sudden reaction.

“OMG MINHO WHAT IS LEE EUNJI DOING IN OUR ROOM.” Taemin clutched the bedding around him. Onew, Key and Jonghyun came running into the room.

“Taebaby are you okay?!” Key asked before stopping and staring at EunJi. Key screamed

“OH MY GAWD. EUNJI. WAIT. WHY. MINHO EXPLAIN” EunJi was shocked, there was so much screaming in the morning.

“I came to surprise my brothers-in-law with a breakfast I made for you, sorry if I did something wrong…” EunJi was confused and didn’t know why this was such a big deal. She was scared that she had made a big mistake in doing this.

Minho was the first to snap out of it. “Yah go get dressed so we can go eat” Jonghyun dragged Key out by the collar, because Key was still frozen and staring at EunJi.

“Umm, I’ll go down stairs to finish everything” EunJi said quietly.

“Don’t mind them, they are just your fans and were surprised by your appearance. They don’t hate you” Minho said kindly to her. EunJi nodded before heading back down stairs to finish the meal. Soon enough all the boys were around the table. Minho helped EunJi bring all the dishes to the table. Onew dug straight into the oven roasted chicken. The others took a little of each. EunJi stuck mainly with the American eggs, bacon and toast. There was an awkward silence around the table as they ate.

“How is the food” EunJi asked tentatively

“Delicious!” The boys chorused or more like choked out. EunJi smiled at that.

“Good! I’m glad you all like it!”

“So,” Key stopped eating for a second “what do you think of our Minho?” EunJi thought for a second before answering.

“I don’t know him that well yet, but he seems polite and nice” Eunji heard Onew choke on his food.

“Polite and nice? Are you sure you are talking about this Minho?” Jonghyun asked. “Ouch” EunJi saw Minho elbow him. EunJi laughed a little.

“EunJi! Where di d you learn to cook like this?” Taemin asked

“My mom taught me how to cook, I am better at American food than I am Korean food”

“EunJi you are younger than me! You can call me Taemin oppa!” Minho saw EunJi shift uncomfortably in her seat.

“Yah! Taemin, who says she has to call you that?” Minho glared at the youngest member. EunJi did a little laugh.

“Taemin I don’t call anyone oppa except my oppa. In America we don’t call our good guy friends brother or our boyfriends our brother. I’m not use to it, is it okay if I just call you Taemin?” EunJi asked. Taemin was ready to say something when Key cut it

“Oh course that is okay, we understand.”

“Ah look at the time, I know you guys have an afternoon schedule! Go get ready and I’ll clean the kitchen you” EunJi shooed the boys off to their bedrooms before clearing the plates and starting the dishes. The boys had protested but she didn’t have a schedule until way later and it seemed wrong to leave the mess for the boys. By the time they had come back down the kitchen was spotless.

“I’ll leave with you” EunJi said as she grabbed her bags.

“We can drop you off somewhere if you need” Key offered.

“Oh no that’s fine, a friend is coming to pick me up.” EunJi said with a smile, “I’ll see you guys later and Minho be ready for the next time!” EunJi laughed and waved goodbye to the boys.

Minho had really been surprised when he had awoken to EunJi. They had been so busy lately they hadn’t had time to meet. They would text and talk, but nothing that deep. It was just small talk. From not seeing her, to having her in his bedroom was a shock. He was afraid the actions of the other members had offended her.  The atmosphere seemed a little awkward, but got better at the end. She really could cook and she had looked really pretty today. Minho smiled to himself while sitting in the van. Taemin was blabbering about EunJi with Key. He wondered what she had meant when she had said ‘be ready for the next time.’

“Hyung” Minho looked up at Taemin “isn’t she so pretty? Why did you not talk to her during the breakfast? Do you not like to talk to her?” Minho was startled at the question.

“She is just quiet like that, she doesn’t seem to talk a lot” Key laughed,

“Have you ever seen her on a game show? Minho shook his head. “Then I guess you didn’t realized how quiet and awkward she was being. You didn’t show her anything.” Key shook his head at how dull Minho was. “You need to do some research” was all that Key said before turning back to Taemin to talk.

Minho thought about that Key said all day during their schedule, because of that he was scolded a few times for not paying attention. Maybe he should watch some if the things she had been in to get a sense of who she is. Right when they got back to the dorm Minho grabbed the remote for the TV. He knew that Taemin and Key had recorded and saved most of her performances and shows.

“I suggest her first drama, you get to see her with Kim Hyun Joong” Taemin said as he plopped down. “Don’t tell you aren’t interested in him hyung!” Taemin took the remote from Minho and pressed play. Soon enough Taemin had fallen asleep on the couch, but Minho was hypnotized by the drama. He couldn’t help but feel a little twinge of jealousy when he saw the chemistry between EunJi and Kim Hyun Joong. They really did work well together. Minho wondered if the look in their eyes was amazing acting or actual feelings.

He actually believed that she wasn’t EunJi, but her character. He could see how she had become a popular actress in Korea. It made him want to watch the rest of the drama’s that she had been in. He watched Hyun Joong carefully. He was a respected Sunbae, but he would find himself thing that he wished that Hyun Joong’s character wouldn’t end up with EunJi’s character. He was so charismatic on screen, it made Minho want to be better than him. That was the competitive side of him.

When Key came down to start breakfast, Minho was just finishing the last episode of the drama. He had fast forwarded the parts without EunJi in it. He didn’t care about the lawyer or the mother’s side story. If the plot line didn’t deal with EunJi, then he had skipped it.

“Omo! Minho did you stay up all night? You are going to look like death today! Go take a shower now, go!” Key rushed him off to the bathroom. When he was in the shower all he could think about was how much he wanted to meet Kim Hyun Joong now and how he wanted to see Kim Hyun Joong and EunJi together.