Limbo

Shatter My World

(side note, but important, this happened in the day between pi day and Hyun Joong’s confession) EunJi laughed, the Shinhwa boys were in the car singing to the radio, the car was practically bouncing up and down. “We are going to kill the shocks on this car!”

“Come on,” Dongwan dragged her arm and waved in the air. She shook her head and danced crazily with the boys. One thing that she enjoyed was tagging along in Shinhwa Broadcast. EunJi rested her head against Minwoo’s shoulder. They were going to the children’s orphanage to show the guy’s interactions with children. To say EunJi was excited was an understatement. She loved little kids and begged the guys to let her tag along. All of Shinhwa would make amazing fathers someday, and she wanted to spoil of their kids rotten.

“Are we almost there?”

“YAH!” Eric chucked a pillow at her head, “almost stop asking” the fake anger made her laugh; she stuck her tongue on and hid behind the seats.

Soon enough everyone in the car was getting antsy to get out, especially after Minwoo farted and stunk the back part of the van up.

“FINALLY!” Junjin stumbled out of the car, taking a deep breath of fresh air. EunJi was also excited to get out of the car, but she wanted to see the cute little children. She pulled on Andy’s arm urging him forward towards the door.

“I think EunJi might explode if we don’t hurry up.” Andy pointed at her.

“Okay, let’s go.” Hyesung pointed and walked forward.

The whole day was EunJi holding babies and playing with toddlers. The best moment was definitely when all the babies that Eric held started to cry.

“I’m going to go out, I need to call Yunho,” EunJi whispered to Minwoo before sneaking out the door. The whole day she had had a smile on her face, these kids made her both sad and happy. As EunJi was walking through the hall towards the parking lot her phone rang.

“Yunho! I was just about to call you!”

“How are the kids?”

“Oh My God, Yunho they are so adorable! Go have children and let me spoil them.” She heard a laugh from the background,

“Jae, EunJi wants me to have children so she can dote on them.”

“I’m not ready for kids yet.” EunJi heard in the background. She laughed.

“I think you scared Jae,” She laughed as she opened the door and screamed. “EunJi are you okay? Do we need to come here? EUNJI?!”

“I’m Okay, I opened the door…..” She squatted down and picked up a bundle of cloth.

“And…? Use your words EunJi.”

“Someone was dropping a baby off to the orphanage; they ran away when I opened the door.” The little baby was crying. Gingerly she picked up the baby and rocked it back and forth; the little face seemed to stare at her as the cries lessened. “I’ll call you back….”

The baby had a full head of black hair, and was so tiny in her arms. “EunJi, where are yo…what is that?” Andy came out of the front doors and stared.

“I found it? When I walked out the door someone was dropping the baby off….” EunJI smiled and touched the child’s cheek.

They walked back into the orphanage, and Andy led her to the director’s office where she was forced to retell the encounter with the child and presumably the child’s parent.  The instinct to not let this child go was tested when it was taken from her arms to be examined. Immediately the child started to wail.

The caretakers unwrapped the blanket to find a letter tucked inside the cloth and that the baby was a male.

“The child needs to be taken to the hospital to be checked out.” The director announced after a quick look over of the child. The boy still hadn’t quieted, and his screams could be heard throughout the building.

EunJI reached out and took the crying baby, cooing and comforting the small child. “Can I go with?” her eyes looking up from the small face looking back at her. The little boy’s face was streaked with tears; he was now shaking but the tears and wailings have stopped.

The director nodded slowly motioning towards the door. A quick text to Yunho was sent in the car, but the rest of the time, she had the little baby in her arms.

“I have a bad feeling about this” Minwoo said as he smiled at her and the child.

“Hush, there is nothing bad about this.” She snapped glaring at the boys in the back of the van.

“sure….” Eric laughed ruffling her hair.

 

(This is the same day as Hyun Joong’s confession) He had raced to her dorm, and now was doubled over trying to catch his breath before going in. He had to be calm and collected, he didn’t want to say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing.

He slowly reached for the buzzer, straightening up and running a hand through his hair.

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you.” He turned to see Jaejoong watching him a large bag in his arms. He flinched as the older male walked passed and unlocked the door, expecting a slap around the head or at least getting knocked into. But nothing came, it was just a clean pass and Jaejoong even held the door open for him.

Tentatively he walked into the dorm, things were scattered all over house. He swore he could smell burning rice in the kitchen and a haphazard Junsu came barreling out of the stairwell grabbed hold of Jaejoong,

“Finally! You’re back! Do you have it?!” Junsu was panicked and wide eyed. It didn’t look like he had slept at all. Jaejoong nodded and handed the bag to the zombie looking male, who his heel and retreated up the stairs without a glance at Hyunjoong.

“Sorry, it is a little,” Jaejooong hesitated before looking around the disaster of the room, “hectic in the house lately.”

“That is a bit of an understatement, what is going on?” Jaejoong just smiled and walked into the kitchen where a sheepish Changmin stood trying to fan away the smoke out the window.

“Changmin go back upstairs, I’ll make the food.” Changmin just nodded at him before hurrying past him, “I swear he is going to burn the house down someday.” He watched as Jaejoong resituated himself in the kitchen, piling Changmin’s dirty dishes in the sink.

“I need to talk to EunJi.” He stated after a prolonged silence. His friend just smiled,

“Does it have anything to do about your abrupt confession on Happy Together?” HyunJoong knew his mouth was open.

“It was just taped today, how did you….” Jaejoong was just smiling,

“Oh you know, Jaesuk knows EunJi quiet well and might have warned us. But I would still love to see the actual outburst.”

“Does…” everything might be ruined if she already knew, if they had told her. His heart sank.

“No we didn’t tell her, she is a bit preoccupied any ways.” Jaejoong stood at the stove stirring the pot of food.

“What?” suddenly, as if in response to his un-uttered question, a loud cry could be heard from upstairs.

“Go up and see. Tell them to come down in 10.” He nodded and slowly walked through the mess to the stairs and ascended. Yunho walked out of the door to his right shirtless.

“just threw up,” He continued to walk passed HyunJoong to the bathroom. Was that supposed to make sense? He kept walking following the sounds of wailing. It was the door between him and her, he knew it, and he pushed it open to peek in.

Changmin, Junsu, and Yoochun were surrounding one bed. There a small human was bawling , Junsu looked like a deer in headlights, while Yoochun was “shhhhh-ing” the little baby.

“I go for a minute to take a shower,” HyunJoong didn’t need to turn to know that was EunJi, “I thought he was asleep.” She walked passed him to hold the child, who slowly stopped crying.

“He woke up and you were gone and the cry started” Changmin bent down stare at the baby.

“Whose is it?” he asked when he found his voice.

“Mine.” Now he knew his mouth was hanging open. He stared at the baby to EunJi, he didn’t know how to comprehend this information. It couldn’t be hers, seeing he had been with her for how many months, filling their drama and she hadn’t been pregnant. His head was still spinning when Jaejoong walked through the door,

“I’m guessing he forgot to tell you that the food would be done in 10 minutes? Come down and eat.”

“Wait.” He only meant for EunJi to turn but everyone stopped and looked at him. “EunJi, I need to speak with you.” The anxiousness flooded through him as she just looked at him, as if trying to comprehend his request. He let out a sigh of relief as she handed the child over to Yunho and nodded towards the recording room.

After the door shut behind him, he was face an expectant EunJi. After a moment of awkward silence, he opened his mouth but nothing came out.

“If you don’t have anything to say,” she gestured towards the door, as if saying ‘can I leave?’

“Wait.” He took a deep breath before closing his eyes, “I want you, I miss you, I was wrong.” He opened to his expecting her to fly into his arms and hug him, telling him that she missed him too. It didn’t happen.

 “I’m not going to be that girl.” He stared at her. “That rebound girl, which has the media saying I was the reason for breaking you up with Lee Hyori.”

Now he really didn’t want her to know what happened on Happy Together. “You aren’t.” But he saw the distrust in her eyes.

“HyunJoong, you can say anything you want, words means nothing. Actions show the truth.” She turned and walked out the door, leaving him standing there. He should have expected this. He would earn her trust back again.