The First Encounter

Shatter My World

EunJi had come over a couple times to his dorm. Taemin was teaching her how to play piano, while Key and EunJi cooked together. She fit well with SHINee, and Minho liked to see her around with his band mates.

EunJi accompanied them to the Mnet music bank performances. They were all in the van driving to the building.

“EunJi what are you planning to do next?” Jonghyun asked.

“mmmm I am in talks for a new drama coming up. DBSK keep trying to convince me to record a CD…..” EunJi trailed off at the end and then laughed. “Nothing is completely sure yet”

“You know you could always come out on the stage with us” Taemin said excitedly.  Minho watched as EunJi’s eyes widened,

“That’s okay, I’m not that good with live crowds of people watching me” a nervous laugh escaped as Minho saw her shift in her seat.

“Don’t worry we won’t force you too” Minho put his arm around her as he said it glaring at the members.

When they got to the studio they went to their changing room where everything was set out for them. Minho looked at EunJi she was wearing leggings with heels. An overlarge shirt that draped off of her shoulder, where you could see her pink tank top underneath. Minho smiled before leaving to change.

“Ahhhh! You guys look so cool! Way different from the nerds I know in the dorm” EunJi smiled as she saw the boys file out in their outfits. They looked very edgy and handsome. “I can see why some girls go crazy over you”

“We try” Key said flipping his hair jokingly. EunJi laughed. She had gotten closer to SHINee in the past weeks. Taemin was such a sweetie, Key a crazy protective umma, Onew a laid back by careful leader, Jonghyun a funny weird dino, and Minho was an amazing guy. He didn’t push to know anything from her.

“Walk with us to the stage?” Minho put his hand out to her. EunJi took it and they left the room. Minho kept ahold of her hand as they walked down the hall to the stage.

“Annyonghasehyo sunbae” EunJi heard Onew say. She looked up and she felt faint. She knew if anyone was looking at her, that she face would be pale.

“Annyong SHINee” Lee Hyori said, Kim Hyun Joong just nodded. He then saw her. Their eyes met. “Oh Annyong, what is your name again?”

“Annyonghasehyo, My name is Lee EunJi, nice to meet you” EunJi bowed and kept her eyes down.

“Why are you here?” she looked up to see Hyori glaring at her.

“I am on We Got Married and Minho here is my husband, so I am here to cheer on SHINee”

Minho had been watching her the whole time. She had turned so pale he was scared that she was going to faint. He also noticed she hadn’t let go on his hand fast when she saw Kim Hyun Joong nor had she tried to make it more obvious that they were holding hands or together. Minho watched Hyun Joong as EunJi told him that they were “married.” Minho was shocked; Hyun Joong clenched his jaw and immediately was glared at Minho.  

“Excuse us we need to get to the stage” Minho said as he bowed. They walked past and he could feel the tension that was coming from Hyun Joong as they passed.

“Hey Minho,” EunJi whispered “I am going to go, is that okay? I don’t feel very well” Minho put a hand to her forehead and it was burning.

“tell our manager to take you home okay?” EunJi nodded. Minho felt her give him a hug

“Good luck out there!”  EunJi gave him one last squeeze before pushing him out on stage.

All through the performance Minho couldn’t concentrate. He was worried about EunJi and curious about Hyun Joong. After the performance they went back to their changing room. Minho heard Jonghyun and Key joking around and Taemin was bouncing off the walls. Minho kept walking deep in thought and ran into Key.

“Why did you stop….” Minho looked up and saw Kim Hyun Joong standing the middle of their dressing room.

“I need to talk to Minho” Hyun Joong gestured for Minho to follow him.

“Minho do you want us to come with you?” Key asked worriedly

“No, I should be fine. Tell the manager where I went?” Minho followed Hyun Joong to a dressing room.

“Sunbae what do you need to talk to me about?” Hyun Joong stood facing him in the middle of the dressing room.

“EunJi of course, what has she told you about me?”

“Nothing, she hasn’t talk about you at all” Minho said truthfully. Minho saw that this disturbed the older one greatly.

“What about her friends?”

“Nothing. But they seem to be pretty protective of her” Minho said calmly. “Who are you to her? Should she have mentioned you to me?” Minho decided to play innocent and see if he would tell him something.

“We are just from the same company ((I am putting Kim Hyun Joong as a SM artist)) and a hoobae of mine. I don’t want to see her hurt either” With that Minho watch Hyun Joong leave the room. Minho stood there. What had just happened?

EunJi when she got back to DBSK’s dorm had a panic attack. She hadn’t seen or heard from Kim Hyun Joong for a while.

[Flash Back]

“Hyun”

“What” EunJi was curled up on the couch next to Hyun Joong. They were watching TV together.

“Nothing I just like saying your name”

“Pshhh you’re silly EunJi”

“I know”

[Present Time]

She could remember all of it so clearly in her mind. Those three years together. Well almost three years...

[Flash Back]

She was fifteen. A young terrifed girl who was in a culture shock. Fifteen and on Xman and coupled with Hyun Joong. She first saw him in the entry way as he walked through the doors. He took her breathe away. That was all that she could think as she looked at him. She knew that she must have looked like an idiot because the whole time she was staring at Hyun Joong. EunJi had never wanted anything more than to couple with him. His demeanor and personality infected her. Haha had called her name and part of her wanted to accept it, but a wild streak took control and she had rejected him. Instead she called out Hyun Joong’s name, and waited. Waited for a response. She doubted that he had even looked at her that night, but she prayed he would say yes. To give her a chance.

“Okay.”

That one word made her beam. That was how it started. They would partner up during Xman, and text at night or during the day. He would pick her up for filming. The more she got to know him the more she fell for him. He was perfect, not the creepy perfect, but the imperfect perfect for her.

[Present Time]

EunJi closed her eyes. She wanted her memories to stop there, to stop where she wanted them to, and not to go on. EunJi put her hand to her face and realize tears were streaming down. She would have to tell Minho something now, he was bound to ask. EunJi exhausted fell asleep.