Wistful Goodbye

Shatter My World

EunJi woke up the next morning. She was surrounded by the guys. How the bed hadn’t broken blew her mind. She was sandwiched between Jaejoong and Changmin, Yunho was lying horizontal so her head was resting on his stomach, while Micky was on the other side of Jaejoong and Junsu was curled in a ball at the end of the bed. She felt happy and safe. She knew that she would have to do a lot of filming the next couple days, but right now she could relax with her boys.

One by one they woke up, Yunho, Changmin because his stomach growled, Junsu, Micky, and then Jaejoong because Changmin kept poking him. She could tell the boys were relieved that she wasn’t crying or falling apart like she had before. It wasn’t that she didn’t care about Minho, more that he had told her.

Her manager walked into the dorm and saw them all at the table eat pancakes.

“I assume you saw the news today?” EunJi nodded even though she hadn’t the news was the same no matter how you spun it. “We Got Married, want to do damage control. Minho’s camp isn’t going to make a statement, and neither is Sulli’s, we need to decide what we want to do.”

“I don’t want to make a statement, whatever Minho does, we will follow.” EunJi said inbetween bites of pancake.

“Well they are all meeting at the KBS station.” EunJi sighed but nodded again.

“Let me get changed,” She stood and went upstairs. She threw on a pain of leggings and a bagging shirt with a belt. She was too lazy to put make up.

“Do you want one of us to come with you?” Yunho asked when she came down stairs.

“No, I’ll be fine,” She smiled as she left the dorm, grabbing her purse. She knew what she was going to say. The car ride was pleasant enough, but when they reached the station there was reporters all around waiting. EunJi pulled out a scarf and sunglasses out of her bag. This was her least favorite part of being an idol. She stepped out of the car with reporters yelling and taking pictures. She just kept her head down and walked ahead.

Once in the building she breathed out. They went up to the main conference room where Minho and his manager were already waiting. She gave Minho a slight smile as she went and sat down.

“Minho are you dating Sulli?” Minho looked down but wouldn’t talk. “Well, what are we going to do?” The director of WGM looked around the room.

“I think,” EunJi hesitated, “I think it’s time to end WGM, Minho is still filming, plus will be working on his Japanese album soon, and I have an offer for a new for a drama I will be taking… We both are going to be so busy…” Everyone looked at EunJi. Slowly the director nodded,

“Do you agree with this Minho?” Minho stared at her. He nodded,

“Yes, I agree.”

“Well we will film the last episode this week. I want you two to go do your closing interviews.” EunJi felt bad for the director, she knew that the MinJi couple had been popular and it was a loss for the series. EunJi followed Minho out of the door as the managers continued to talk to the director. It was quiet for a while.

“I’m sorry.” Minho looked down.

“I know,” She smiled, but kept her distance. “You can’t choose who to fall for.”

“That’s true, but I shouldn’t have…I should have talk to you first…” EunJi looked over at Minho who looked miserable.

“Minho,” he looked at her, “it’s in the past now. I understand and I’m not mad, I understand even I don’t like it. I am a little sad it’s ending and disappointed, but that’s life. I’ll miss hanging out with you though, it was fun to have friends my age.” EunJi walked in front of him, she wanted to be able to go first in the interview.

She walked into the familiar room and sat down. The writers were furiously writing questions for her to respond to. She waited patiently until they were ready.

“How do you feel that the show is ending?”

“I feel sad but also excited. This has been a great time in my life, but I have new projects in my future I am excited to dive into.” EunJi frowned, it had sounded better in her head.

“What do you want to say to Minho’s future wife?” EunJi laughed,

“Minho’s future wife, please take good care of him. We both know he is competitive, so be patient with him. You are gaining the best brother-in-laws that you can imagine!!! I know you are nice, because Minho would never pick someone who wasn’t, so thank you for loving him!” EunJi bowed a little bit to the camera.

“Any last words for Minho?” EunJi told herself not to cry.

“Minho! Thank you for being an amazing husband, I was so nervous when I started this process, and you put me to ease. I have had so much fun with you these months. I cannot tell you how proud I am of you as an actor! I got to know your family and you. I respect SHINee so much for all their work. I wish you the best of luck in the future. I am glad that we have become friends! I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything. Stay healthy and I hope we can work together again in the future. Thank you!”  EunJi knew that most of the time would be talking to Minho and questioning. She kept it nice and short for the writers. She bowed and thanks everyone for their hard work before exiting. Minho was sitting on a folding chair with his head in his hands.

“Minho, it’s your turn.” He lifted his head to look at her. “I’ll see you at the last filming day.”

She walked out the door, wistful memories seem to stream out from behind her as she left the building.