We Meet Again....

Shatter My World

The next month went smoothly. Surprisingly Minho hadn’t asked her anything about Hyun Joong, which was a relief.  They had grown closer as well, they texted while on break and skyped sometimes.

“EunJi, are you ready to leave?” Minho yelled up at her, she was changing in his dorm room. She had come over last night after her schedule for the SHINee movie marathon, and promptly fell asleep. Now she was frantically changing so they wouldn’t be late for their filming. The MinJi couple was super popular on WGM, and strong heart had requested the appearance of the popular couple.

“Let’s go!” EunJi rushed down the stairs and out the door to the van that was waiting.

“Aren’t you cold?” Minho asked in the car as he looked at her clothing; a short skirt and a tank top. EunJI nodded. Minho just shook his head before draping his jacket over her. EunJi smiled. When she pictured her relationship with someone wearing their jacket was definitely something she imagined.

When they got to the studio, they went into the big common room. Strong heart had so many people that they didn’t do individual dressing rooms but a common room for all the stars to relax in.

“Minho, do you know who the other guests are going to be?” EunJi asked as walked to the common room.

“No, I guess we will see soon.” They walked into the room, and sat down. EunJi froze when she turned around and saw Kim Hyun Joong staring at her. He was next to Lee Hyori. “EunJi it looks like they are doing a couple show, look there is…” Minho trailed off. EunJi was paying attention until Minho slowly turned her head. “Everything is going to be okay.” She nodded slowly.

“I’m going to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back” EunJi slipped out of the room quietly.

Hyun Joong had watched as EunJi and Minho had walked into the room. Hyori was trying to get his attention.

“Hyun Joong! Are you listening to me?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry….”

“I’m going over to see Hwang Jung Eum, I’ll be back.” Hyori touched his arm before walking across the room. He walked over to Minho, seeing EunJi had disappeared.

“Minho.”

“Sunbae.” There was an awkward silence between the two.

“You and Hyori look good together.”

“Why is EunJi wearing your jacket? It doesn’t fit her. You should buy her a jacket that is more suited for her” Minho laughed.

“I think she likes wearing my clothes. It makes her feel like she owns me. Key told me that girls in the USA do that a lot, wear their guys clothes. I don’t mind.”

[Flash Back]

He had come back from a long day in the studio. Exhaustion was etched into his face and could be smelled on his clothes. He walked in the door of his apartment to smell food coming from the kitchen.

“Hyun! Welcome back!” EunJi smiled and ran towards him. He looked at her, she was wearing leggings and his old school uniform shirt and jacket. It was still large on her.

“What are you doing?” EunJi smile faltered,

“I’m cooking dinner for us”

“I mean, why are you wearing my clothes. Take it off. It’s not yours. Why do you think it is okay to take someone else’s things without permission?” He saw her eyes get big.

“I, I, I’m sorry.”  Stuttered EunJi. “I didn’t think you would mind, I saw you had thrown it in the garbage…” He had thrown it away this morning. He had been in a rush and the old uniform kept falling. He had thrown it away, seeing he never wore it any more.

“That still doesn’t give you a right to take it. Take it off” EunJi nodded and took it off leaving her in her tank top. He took it and threw it away.

“Why couldn’t I just wear it?” EunJi whispered.

“You are a girl. Wear your own clothes. Don’t wear my clothes again. It’s weird and I don’t like it” EunJi just nodded and wouldn’t look at him. He stomped up and took a long hot shower. When he came down the food on the table, EunJi it sounded was in the laundry room. He just walked out of the apartment. When he came back later the night there was a container of food waiting for him on the table with a note to warm it up. He went upstairs and collapsed on his bed. He looked over at EunJi, she looked so peaceful when she wasn’t awake.

[Present Time]

“I don’t know why, I prefer couple T’s but she likes to wear my clothes. If it makes her happy, why not let her? She doesn’t ask for a lot” He looked at Minho.

Was this little boy testing him?

They had never officially solidified that they were going out. During their filming of their drama he had gotten attached to her. They talked almost every day through texts and he ate with her during their lunch break. She was younger than him, and he made sure to try and keep that distance, which he inevitably couldn’t do. Before he knew it, she was staying over at his house. It was innocent; he convinced himself it was because they were shooting a drama together, it was easier for her to stay with him than it was to go back to DBSK’s dorm. Soon she had a drawer in his bedroom and a key to their, no, his apartment. It wasn’t ual. He wouldn’t let it be. They never kissed. The only time he would kiss her was in the drama.

Sometimes when they were out and about she would try and hold his hand but he wouldn’t let her. She stopped after a while. He got used to having her in his apartment, having her make food or cleaning the place. At night they would sit on the couch together and watch a drama or something stupid on the TV.

She was quiet. Not his type at all. He always wanted the talkative y older woman like Lee Hyori. Here he was with a quiet cute little girl. He hoped that someday she would grow into a woman like Hyori. She was happy to be around him and didn’t push him to put a title or status on what they were. He felt bad. He never wanted it seem as if they were dating, even though if he really looked deep inside of him he knew they were dating. He wouldn’t buy her gifts on white day. Usually on February 14 he would see a small package of chocolates on top a new manga book for him just sitting on the table. She didn’t make a big deal about it. EunJi wouldn’t ask him how it was or if he liked it. He would read the new manga in front of her to let her know he had gotten it.

On Christmas he knew she got home sick, but he couldn’t bring her home. Then it would feel real. His mom had been bugging him to bring her home for a while now. But every Christmas he would pack his bags and then say good bye and leave the apartment. She wouldn’t ask him to stay or to bring her with. All she would say was to have a nice Christmas. He would feel horrible when he would open his bag to see a little gift tucked in with his shirts. He didn’t buy anything. He tried the first Christmas. He went to the department store and looked at the jewelry. The woman who had been helping him told him that his girlfriend would love this for Christmas. He put it down and walked away. He never went back. She never said anything. He got the feeling that she was sad though.

On her birthdays was the one time she would ask to go out to a restaurant with him. He refused, he didn’t want someone to take a picture of them together. He would watch her bite her lip and nod. Instead she would cook a simple dinner for them. No presents. No fuss. Why couldn't she yell at him and demand to be taken out?

Because she wasn’t like that.

He got jealous when SS501 would take her out and he would refuse to come, he was too worried about rumors starting. She never acted like an Idol. She would go around the city without a disguise or take the city buses. He was jealous when she was around anyone except DBSK or Shinhwa. But it wasn’t his jealousy that had broken them up.