Old Wounds

Shatter My World

EunJi must have collapsed in the bathroom. Because the only thing she remembered was arms, arms she recognized surround her and pick her up. She slept in the car in Jaejoong’s arms, she could hear the muttering of Yunho who was driving. Vague memories of getting in the house, Jaejoong rocking her softly in his arms, as Yunho must have been telling the others what happened. Then yelling, lots of yelling. It scared her. Jaejoong brought her away from the yelling, laid her down on the bed and curled up next to her. She wasn’t crying. She deserved this. She must have done something wrong because no one ever stayed.

[Flash Back/Memory]

EunJi was sitting on the couch staring at Hyun as he was napping. He looked so peaceful.

“Hyun, I lo…..”

“Don’t” She looked at him, his eyes were open and looking at her. She saw that He saw the hurt on her face.

“You don’t….”

“No...it's not that, when you turn 18, then I will and I’ll accept it.” EunJi nodded and cuddled closer to him on the couch.

“I can wait.” She said into his chest. “Can I kiss you and have you on my 18th?” she asked. She felt the heat coming from her cheeks.

He was quiet for a while.

He nodded.

He felt her smiling into his chest.

“Are you going to take me out to a nice restaurant without a disguise?” she asked quietly.

“mmmmmm, I’ll surprise you”

[Time Jump]

She noticed him pulling away when she was 17. He would spend less and less at home. Either out with his friends or out drinking. She never asked because she didn’t want to know. She lived until her 18th birthday. Then, then she could become a part of his world.

“EunJi we need to talk” she nodded knowing that she was waiting for this. “There are too many rumors about us right now, we need to through them off our track.” EunJi’s eyes widened, the rumors she had heard was not about her and Hyun. “I am going to pretend to date Lee Hyori, if I pretend to date her then press won’t pry about you. You don’t want a scandal right?” EunJi just shook her head. “Good so you agree?” EunJi sat there. Lee Hyori was Hyun’s ultimate bias, she always knew that. If she kept him, held on to him, he would hate her.

“I agree.” Those words threw her world off balance.

“Good, I think it would be best if you moved out, so when the press surround my place because the news of my dating, you won’t be seen, that would create a scandal too you know.” EunJi nodded. She moved out the next day, at least most of her stuff from his place. From there she saw him less and less in person and more and more in the magazines and papers. There were pictures that surfaced of Hyun and Lee Hyori holding hands in public and kissing. EunJi trained herself not to look at these blogs or magazines, but she still heard about it. When she saw pictures, Hyun looked so happy. He started to text less and less as well. She never wanted to bother him. She kept telling herself that this was a lie. It was fake.

DBSK, became worried about her. Jaejoong could see the signs, even if EunJi couldn’t. He tried to talk to HyunJoong about it, but he reassured Jaejoong every time that nothing was wrong.

By the time it was March EunJi was excited. It had been weeks since she had last seen Hyun. She got to his apartment early in morning. It had snowed the day before and it was freezing. She rang the bell, but no one opened up. She sat on the ground, deciding to wait until he came home. He must have had a long night of shooting. EunJi kept waiting, even though it started to snow again. The old neighbor lady came out and tried to convince her to eat something, but she refused smiling, telling her that it was her 18th birthday and that she bet he was going to be taking her out to eat. Before she knew it, it was 7pm and he wasn’t home. She was so cold she could barely move. She tried to call him multiple times and text him, but he never responded. Jaejoong brought her the extra key to his apartment when she called. She didn’t want to let herself in, but she was so cold that she let herself relent.

When she got inside she didn’t even turn any of the lights on. She put the cake on the coffee table and laid on the couch with a blanket. She didn’t even notice she was falling asleep. It was so comfortable and made her feel at home. She had missed curling up on the couch. The only thing that would make it better would have been Hyun being here with her.

She woke up the next morning confused. She sat up and saw Hyun in the kitchen drinking some water. She got up and walked towards him,

“Hyu…”

“Hey babe are you coming back up? We can have another round before I have to go” EunJi heard Hyori’s voice coming from his bedroom. She looked at Hyun,

“I’m coming” He yelled back. ”What are you doing here EunJi? You can’t come in and out any more randomly. You don’t live here.” EunJi just started walking backwards. She tripped over something and saw it was Lee Hyori’s bra. EunJi ran. Out the door and down the stairs.


Hyun knew he would have to talk to her, but he walked back upstairs leaning across the bed and kissing Hyori. She was so perfect. The was amazing and she was the ideal woman anyone could ask for. He woke up after their second round of to see Hyori was gone. There was a note saying she had to running to the studio. He smiled and walked down stairs. He went outside to grab the paper and saw the old lady who was walking towards him.

“I was just about to knock and ask when you got home, that poor girl was waiting all day for you out in the snow. I told her to come in and at least eat something, but she was under the impressing you two were going out to eat. Is she alright? I do adore that girl, she is so kind and polite.”

“All day?”

“Yes she arrived early in the morning and rang your bell and then just sat over there,” the old lady motioned to a spot near the door.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, shouldn’t you know?”  Hyun bowed and walked back into his apartment. He wondered why EunJi had picked yesterday to come to his house and how she had gotten in. He hadn’t talked to her for a couple of weeks. He walked over to the couch area, where she was. He saw a cake sitting on the coffee table. He pulled it over near him. It was a cake frosted in blue icing that had piped letters on it. Saying “I’m 18, I love you Hyun” he grabbed his phone from his bag laying near the door and opened it. There was 15 missed calls and 24 texts from EunJi, along with a calendar notification of her 18th birthday.

He remembered EunJi asked him if he was going to take her out to a restaurant. He had told her it would be a surprise. He sure knew how to do surprises.