Chapter 74- Good news

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV

The next morning I got a call from Jae.

"Hey Nana. What's going on?"

"Jae, I'm pregnant."

"From Matt?"

"Yeah"

"Oh, Nana. I'm sorry I couldn't call you back until this morning, I had to work until late last night."

"I figured that was the case."

"Still, you could have called me at the hospital."

"I know Jae, but it wasn't exactly an emergency."

"True, but I still would have talked with you."

"Yeah, but we're talking now, so it's really okay."

 "Nana, have you decided what you want to do with the baby?"

"Well, I think I probably want to do adoption, but not to just anyone. I'd want the baby to be yours Jae, if you and Rob are willing to consider it that is."

"Nana, it's a little sooner than we were hoping to, to adopt, but I think we could work things out -I'd have to run it by Rob of course and we'd need to figure out how to go about it."

"Thank you Jae. I don't think I'm ready to raise a baby myself, but I would if I needed to."

"It would be a big responsibility, but I think you could handle it better than I could have at your age."

"Thanks Jae, but I really hope you and Rob can adopt it if all goes well."

"I sure hope so too Nana. I'm just glad you aren't following in my footsteps even though that would be the "easier way out" per say."

"Yeah, but I wouldn't feel right about it and I don't know if I could live with myself if I had done it."

"It is extremely hard to live knowing that I ended someone's life before they had a chance to even live, but what's harder is knowing that my foolish choice will probably not allow me to have children now that I want them."

"Jae, I might have done the same thing if you hadn't told me what had happened to you."

"True Nana, but you're a lot different from me in a lot of ways."

"Yes, we are, but that's what makes us so special."

"Yes indeed."

"I'll talk to Rob later and I'll let you know what we decide."

"Okay, I  love you Jae.

"I love you too Nana." 

"Bye."

"Bye bye."

I sighed a huge sigh of relief that Jae was willing to consider adopting the baby, but I was nervous Rob might not be so willing to adopt so soon. 

Mary's POV

Hana, had been much quieter lately which was a little concerning, but I knew she had a lot on her mind. I was spending more and more time with Kris too. He treated me so much differently than before it was a little hard to get used to. He used to be all over me when we were alone and now he barely touched me. 

We grabbed dinner together after class one evening and I asked him about it.

"Hey Kris, I've been wondering something."

"Hmmmmm what is it?"

"Why aren't you as touchy, feely as before?"

"Well, I want to live obedient to God's will, and if I were as touchy feely as before, I wouldn't be able to."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the bible tells us we're to flee from ual immorality, and if I touched you as much as I used to, it would cause me to head in that direction very quickly." 

"What if you've already have been sleeping with someone? Would God ever be able to forgive you?"

"Well, God's will forgiven and forgetten any sins I've made before coming to know him as my savior -even after being saved he forgives my sins, but that doesn't mean I should continue living that way or try to see how close I can go to that line without stepping over. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah, I guess. So God could forgive me even though I haven't been living a very good life?"

"Yep, it says in the bible in 1 John 1:9 'If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive all our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.' and 'Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.' in 2 Corinthians 5:17 that when we are forgiven by Christ we become a new creation -it's like God gives us a blank slate to start over with despite how chalky and broken the old one was."

"Wow, that's an interesting way to put it."

"Yeah, but did that make sense?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to become a new person in Christ?"

"Yes."

"Then pray to God. Tell him how you feel -that you feel you don't deserve his gift of salvation, but you believe that his son died for you and was raised from the dead; ask him to forgive for your sins, and to come into your life and make you a new creation even though you don't deserve the mercy and grace he's given to you."

"So, I don't need to tell a priest about my sins before I can be saved?"

"No, you can ask God directly to forgive them, and later if you're struggling with some sin you can ask a fellow believer to help keep you accountable."

"That's so different from how I grew up. Can I pray now?"

"Yes, say your prayer and I'll pray for you when you're done."

"God,  I'm not really good at this, but I believe that you've died on the cross for my sins and overcame death by rising again. I'm such a rotten sinner and I'm sure I'm even more rotten than what I even know. I really don't deserve your gift of mercy and grace, but I want you to take away my sin and make me new. In your name, Amen."

"Dear heavenly Father, I thank you again for this wonderful thing you have done for us sinful people, and I am thankful for Mary accepting your amazing gift today. I pray that you would help her grow to be more like you day by day and to help others guide her in your truth. I pray that I may be one of those people along with Hana, the Perrys, and whomever else you send her way. In Jesus' name, Amen."

"That was wonderful Kris."

"It really was. I'm so happy you've decided to follow Him Mary."

"I am too."

"Say, isn't there someone else we should tell this news to?"

"Hana?" I said with a grin.

"Yep, that's the one."

"Let's finish our food first and then let's go."

"Okay, I'll text her that you have some news for her. I think she'll be pretty excited about it with all that's happening with her."

"Yes she will." 

Hana's POV

Mary and Kris came back to the dorm where I was curled up studying with a book. Kris had texted me when they were at dinner that they had some news for me. I figured he had probably proposed to her, but I really didn't expect what she told me next. 

"Hey Hana!" said Mary as they stepped through the door. 

"Hey! How was dinner?" I asked them. 

"Good...no great!" said Mary. 

"So what's the big news?" I asked Mary as she looked back at Kris. 

"Go on tell her." he said. 

"I've asked Christ to be my savior tonight Hana."

"What?!" I said both schocked and happy, launching myself at her for a big hug."

"I'm a believer now Hana. I want to believe what you and Kris believe. I want to follow God's plan for my life now."

"I'm so happy for you and I love you even more now!" I said with tears in my eyes. 

"I love you more too & I'm certainly the happiest I've been in a long time. Watching you go through this all, and Kris encouraging me to study God's word really drew me to God. I know I wouldn't be as strong as you have been."

"This is the best news I've gotten in a while. You've made me so happy Mary!"

"That makes me happier yet Hana! Can we start doing a bible study together?" she asked.

"Of course! We can even start tonight!"

"Awesome!"

"Well, Ladies. I think this is my cue to duck out and head back to my dorm."

"Bye Kris & Thank you!" said Mary walking over and giving him a peck on the cheek before he could object.

"Bye Kris!" I waved.

"Bye! See you ladies tomorrow!" he said slipping out the door with a wave. 

A day of good news was a good sigh of relief 'Thank you God for these blessings in the midst of probably one of my hardest years yet.'