Chapter 13-Mary where are you?

Letters to U-kiss

12:00pm December 21th -Hanna's POV

There's no way I could concentrate on studying or sleep when Mary still wasn't home yet. I had texted all the friends of Mary's here at college that I knew of and had numbers for, but noone had seen her since I had that afternoon. 'Why did she lie to me and say nothing's wrong?' I knew Mary didn't like to burden other people with her problems, but I should have pressed her to tell me what was up this afternoon when I knew something was wrong. 'Stupid, stupid me!'

All her friends had passed the word onto the ones I didn't know about, and we still hadn't heard any positive responses. I had called her boyfriend Kris, but he didn't answer so I left a messge 'Hey Kris! It's Hana. Have you talked to Mary today? She seemed upset when she left our dorm this afternoon and hasn't been back or been seen by anyone since then. She's not answering her cell either and I'm really worried. If you could give me a call back I'd appreciate it. Me, Matt, his teamates, and some of Mary's friends had split up after that to look for her around the area. Me and Matt were for her looking together.

"You know it's not your fault." he said as we walked along the sidewalk.

"But I should have known something was up this afternoon and made her tell me." I said.

"Let's look there." He said stopping at a club in one of the less nice disctricts of our school. We walked up to the door and he asked the bouncer "Have you seen this girl?"

He replied, "Yeah, a few hours ago, but she was too young to get in and went away."

"Okay, Thanks! Do you know which way she went?" he asked.

"That way," he said pointing down the road that led to an even worse district.

"Let's go! We have to find her before something happens to her." I said grabbing Matt's hand and trying to book it down the road dragging him behind me.

12:30pm 

We checked several more clubs and bars along the way. Some had seen her, but didn't know where she went after she left. I had texted our friends to come help look in the area, since we had gotten several leads to her where-abouts. Then my phone rang and I looked at the caller ID: Kris "Hello?"

"Hi Hana, have you gotten a hold of or found Mary yet?" he asked

"No, did you talk to her today?" I asked

"Yeah....I broke up with her earlier." he said

"YOU WHAT?!" I screeched into the phone.

"Broke up with her." he said.

"Why?" I asked

"I met someone else here that I really like, and I wanted to break up with Mary before I asked her out."

"No wonder she was upset!" I replied angrily.

"She seemed okay when we were talking though." he said.

"You should know that she doesn't like to let other people know she's upset about things!" I said before giving him a piece of my mind.

After I was dones with my rant he said "Give me a call or text with an update later okay. Bye"

"Well that explains a lot," I said turning to Matt as he nodded in agreement.

Mary's POV

"Jussst ooonnne moooore," I slurred to the stranger that had offered me the drink. "Thhhhen I ssshhhouuuld go." I had told him all about how my bastard boyfriend had left me for another girl and how we had been together all through high school.

"Okay gorgeous, then why don't you and me go somewhere for a little alone time?" he said.

I shook my head no dramatically due to alcohol really setting in and said "Nnnooooo, I've rrrrreaaallly got to go baaack."

"I'll pay you 1 grand" he said in his syrupy voice.

"Nnnnooooo," I said sipping my drink "My paaarents tolllld me nevvver to go wwwith a sssstranger."

"How about 2K gorgeous? I'm not a stranger, I'm your friend." he said, "I'll make you forget all about that jerk."

By that point I was so wasted I couldn't tell if I was in a dream or awake. I heard someone say "We've got another beauty. Hopefully she's less feisty than the last one. That stupid B*** almost got us caught!"

Hana's POV 

We came around a corner and I saw her being put in a car down the street by three guys "Mary!" I said pointing down the road. The car sped off before I could get the whole liscense plate number and Matt ran after it too see if he could get the rest of the numbers. He came back panting "I got all, but the last number. Let's call the police and tell her she's been kidnapped!"

Quickly I dialed 911

"Operator speaking what's your emergency?" .

"My friend's just been kidnapped by three guys in a car." I said shakily

"Where are you located?"

"The North side of greenwich village on 13th street by Bar 13 and they were headed west." 

"Okay, Can you give us a description of the vehicle, a liscense plate number, and a description of the men Mam?" she asked

"It was a black, four door sedan, probably a Buick. I didn't get all of the liscense plate number, but here's what we got WLS-92. One of the guys was a tall about 6 feet caucasion, dark hair, and had dark slacks and a dark colored dress jacket. The other two were black, one had cornrows, and was wearing baggy jeans and a multicolored hoodie. The other had short buzzed hair and had baggy jeans, a black sweatshirt, and a blue and white hat on." I said.

"What's your friend's name and can you describe them Mam?" she asked.

"Her name is Mary Davis, 5'3" tall, blond hair streaked with purple highlights, green eyes, and was wearing a short lacey black skirt, black tights, black pumps, a dark blue dress coat, and an electric purple v-neck top on. She has a mole on her left cheek about 2 inches from her ear. Is that okay?"

"Yes mam, I've alerted several units in the area and around the city to keep an eye out for your friend and the kidnapper's vehicle. Have you contacted her parents and what's a good number to reach you at?" she asked.

"Not yet, I'll call them as soon as I hang up and My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX." I said.

"We'll be in contact with you as soon as we can." she said as she hung up with me.

'God keep her safe!' I silently prayed as I dialed her parents' number to tell them the news.

Her parents freaked out as much as I expected, and decided to drive up and stay in a hotel until they heard something.

Matt and I texted everyone that we found mary, but she was kidnapped and that everyone should go back.

I walked miserably back with Matt to my dorm. Inside he hugged me and kissed my hair. "Don't worry, the police will get them in no time. I'll watch your phone so you can get some sleep." he said as he sat down on her bed.

I nodded, and crawled into my bed. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't with my best friend out there with some strange guys doing who knows what with her! After a while I Matt had fallen asleep, so I pulled out my Laptop to check my email. I saw Kevin had emailed me and I wrote him back.