Chapter 18- Christmas day and the Meeting

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV Christmas Day Evening

I looked at my phone  and sight 'only 9 pm Korean time. Hana's probably still sleeping, so I can't text her yet.' All the guys were slouched out on the couch. "When are we having cake?" asked Dongho. "Soon, manager Shin said he was bringing some back." 

Earlier:

We greeted our fans along with the girl group secret. "Anyeonghasseyo, Meali Kkeulissuemassue" we said bowing slightly wearing jaunty santa hats. Today we were helping with a christmas pizza fundraiser for children

Then Kibum and Soohyun headed into the pizza place with the film crew, and watched the chef's make pizza. In the dining area some of the chef's danced while stretching the pizza dough out with their hands as everyone watched and cheered at their prowess. All the children received soft fleece hats with pom poms on top as they munched on the completed pizzas. Then everyone was gathered for a group picture with their fun new hats. 

Before that our group walked the streets carrying festive Red and Green Balloons. "Annyeonghasseyo" Dongho initiated the greeting and the rest of us followed his lead as we handed out flyers to the passers by for the pizza event. We also took pictures with several fans to their delight as we handed them flyers.

Later in the restaurant two of the girls from secret and Alexander greeted guest as they entered the dining area. They busily waited on the customers passing out menus and joking around with them. Dongho and the rest of the serving crew answered the phones as well to take orders for pizza.

Kevin and Kiseop were part of the delivery crew and took pizzas to an office building where they were happily greeted by the lady in charge of the orders. Each of us gave her a hug before we left. Later Dongho and Eli also were part of the delivery crew and gave hugs out to the family they delivered it to.

We heard the lock click and then the door swing open as our manager came in carrying a box of cake. Dongho jumped up and ran over to our manager quickly confiscating the cake box before he put it on the table. We laughed at his antics even though we were all wishing to do the same thing as he did, but because he was the maknae he could get away with it much easier.

Our manager brought out a box of sparkler candles and a lighter. Soohyun and Kibum started placing them on the yummy looking cake with white frosting and festively colored fondant decorations. Our manager lit the candles, took pictures with the cake, and then blew them out on the count of three. Everyone quickly grabbed a candle to off the frosting, and then Eli took the knife from our manager to cut the cake. I passed out the slices and everyone dug into them happily.

After we all had eaten our fill our manager spoke up. "I have exciting news for everyone! You know we have been working on recording some songs the past couple of months?" asked our manager to which we nodded and then he continued "The company has approved releasing them, in addition to a few other new songs, as full album this February. It's coming up fast so everyone must put in their best effort in order to get it done on time." "All right!" yelled Xander as we all cheered and high fived each other excitedly. This would be our first full length album. 'I have to text Hana now. She'll be thrilled' I thought whipping out my phone without glancing at the time again.

Hana's POV- Christmas Morning

I was sleeping soundly in my bed when I heard my phone buzz. 'Who could that be?' I wondered groggily as I fumbled for my phone on my desk next to my bed. 'Wait! It must be Kevin.' bolting up at the thought I yawned as I opened his text. 

'Hey Hana! We got great news today!! :D We're going to be releasing our first full album this February!' I could sense his excitement -'this must mean a lot to him.'

I texted back grinning and fully awake now 'Awesome! I can't wait to hear it!! :) So how was your christmas?'

'Great! We helped at a fundraiser at a pizza place & it was a lot of fun. We got free pizza for helping ^.^'

'typical guy going for the free pizza' I giggled and rolled my eyes as I texted back 'Awesome! Any good presents or did other fun stuff happen?'

'Not really, we just had some really good cake and probably are going to watch a movie or do karaoke soon. Do you have any fun plans?'

'We're doing the usual brunch, go to church, decorate cookies, exchange presents, and then have christmas dinner. Matt's here so it should be more special than normal though. :)'

'Sounds like fun and relaxing! I wish I was able to go to a christmas service today, but we had a fan meeting in the morning and then helped with the fundraiser. :('

'That's too bad, but at least part of it was for a good cause! ^.^'

'Yeah, have fun with your family and Matt! I g2g the guys are calling me. XOXOX  -Kevin!'

'Okay! You too! <3 -Hana' I texted back and flopped back onto my bed as I put my phone back on my desk.

I looked at the clock '7am. I'm going to go back to sleep for a little while.' I yawned rolling over and snuggling back down under my pile of nice warm blankets. 2 hours later I woke up to the tantalizing smell of mom's sticky buns. Eagerly I hopped out of bed and pulled on my bathrobe before heading downstairs for my share of the sticky, sweet, pecany, caramely goodness. Matt was already sitting at the breakfast table chowing down on a sticky bun.

He smiled when he saw me and I walked behind his chair. I hugged his shoulders and leaned over to kiss his cheek "Morning beautiful." He answered and pecked me back on the cheek as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Morning" I murmed before I unwrapped my arms around him and sat next to him in my chair at the table. 

My mom smiled at us and brought me over one of her delicious sticky buns. "Thanks Mom and Merry Christmas!" I happily acknowledged. "Merry Christmas Hana. You've grown up so fast." She answered with a sigh and distant look on her face as she headed back into the kitchen.

Mrs. Lee's POV- Christmas Morning

It was nice having Hana back home after she was away for college and she seems to have found a decent guy for a boyfriend. 'It seems like yesterday when the girls were still in Diapers. I can't believe I've been doing this for over 18 years now.' I thought to myself as I prepared some of our family's traditional Christmas fare for dinner this evening. Seeing Hana with Matt and Jae with her Fiance made me realize how little time we really have with our kids, and before we know it they'll be married and have families of their own. I put the last of the vegetables I was slicing into the pan and then fridge, and then readied myself for church. 

Kevin's POV- Back to Korea

After all the busyness of the past several days it was nice to finally be heading back to Korea -not that it was going to be any less busy, but still home is home. The plane ride was as uneventful as traveling as a celebrity could be with all the fans waiting for us at the airport, signing, and putting up a good front for everyone.

The thing I was most eager about was seeing my sister and my dad. They had arrived in Korea in time for Christmas with my mom and were staying for a couple of weeks. I happily stared out the van window watching the bustling streets as we drove along. After arriving at the dorms I changed into some comfortable clothes and called Deanna.

"Hello, Kevin are you back in Seoul?" she asked eagerly

"Yep Dea! Are you at mom's apartment?" I asked.

"Yep, we've been waiting for you to eat with us."

"Okay, I'll be there in about 10 minutes." I happily answered.

"Don't you need a ride?" she asked.

"Nope, that's okay.  I'll take the bus Dea." I replied as I put on my coat and shoes.

"Okay, only if you're sure?" she asked with a little concern in her voice.

"I'm sure. I'll see you in 10."

"Okay, see you later!" she said hanging up.

I quickly finished wrapping a long scarf around my neck and face before putting on a baseball cap -hopefully that would be enough to keep fans from recognizing with a quick glance. "Bye guys!" I yelled as I waltzed out the door, without waiting for a reply, and to the bus station. It wasn't too busy there thankfully -just a couple of ajhummas, ahjussi's, and a few other people of assorted ages.

The bus pulled in with a squeak of the brakes and a hiss as the doors opened. I climbed up the steps and waved my bus pass over the pay station. Looking around the bus was fairly full, so I made my way to the back and took a seat next to a haerobeoji that was busy reading his paper. The few girls closest to my age didn't seem to notice who I was and were more engrossed with their phones. I let out a sigh of relief and settled back for the ride as the bus announced what the next stop was.

Four stops later I got off the one nearest my mother's apartment. Happily I started whistling Man Man Ha Ni as I entered the door and hit the buzzer for my mom's apartment. The door buzzed and opened with a click. I walked to the elevator and hit the 3rd floor button and pulled my scarf from off my face. As the doors were closing I heard a small voice say "Ellibeiteoleul gaechoe!" 

I stuck my hand out to stop the door and a frazzled looking young girl bolted into the elevator. "Eotteon cheung?" I asked her. She looked up at me and said "Set Juseyo." For a moment it looked like there was a flicker of recognition across her face, but if there was it was gone before I had the chance to look twice.

"Dangsin-eun gajog bangmun?" I asked her politely as I hit the door close button. "Ani, nan yeogie Salgo. Dangshin-eun?" she asked. "Ne, annyeonghi gaseyo." I replied as the doors open. "annyeonghi gaseyo." she happily chirped back as she rushed off down the hall. I smiled as I watched her go. 'She's cute! I wonder what she's up to, to be in such a rush?' I shrugged my shoulders and headed to my mom's apartment where they were eagerly awaiting my arrival.

 

Chapter Glossary

 

  • ahjumma- 아줌마 Mam
  • Ahjussi-  아저씨Sir
  • Halabeoji- 할아버지-Grandfather
  • Ellibeiteoleul gachoe- 엘리베이터를 개최- Hold the elevator
  • Eotteon Cheung- 어떤 층 -What Floor?
  • Juseyo - 주세요- please give me
  • Set- 셋- Three
  • Dangshin-eun gajog Bangmun?- 당신은 가족 방문?- You family visiting? literally, but in reality meaning Are you visiting family? Eun is a subject marker putting the focus on you in the sentence.
  • Ani, nan yeogie Salgo. Dangshin-eun? 아니, 난 여기에 살고있다. 당신은? -No, I here live. (reality -No, I live here.) You?

*Mianhe I haven't updated in so long! I had terrible writers block and was really busy working on my video portfolios for college. Hopefully I'll be able to update more quickly in the future again, but I still have a ways to go on my portfolios. :P As a disclaimer I don't know if the pizza thing was done Christmas day or if it was even a fundraiser, but I thought I would incorporate it anyway.