Chapter 20- Hanging Out

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV

I had texted kevin to see what he was up to now that he was back in Korea.

'Hey, how was your family's Christmas celebration?'

'Interesting.....' he texted back

'Interesting, how so?' I asked.

'My mom invited the neighbor lady and her daughter over, and there was some drama at the dinner table.'

'Really, What Happened? Was she cute? ;)'

'Norae's mom asked me what group I was a singer in & blurted out that she likes U-kiss and was going to say she has a crush on one of the members, but Norae cut her off.'

'Oh, so she got embarassed by her mom?'

'Yeah, she yelled at her mom and then ran out crying to hide on the rooftop.'

'I take it you had to retrieve her?'

'Yep, it was kind of awkward.'

'Oooh, so you liked her?'

'Maybe....'

'So you do like her! You never answered if you think she's cute?'

'I guess. She's really different.'

'You do think she's cute. How is she different though?'

'Pretty blunt and to the point, plus she has her hair dyed with streaks of all different colors.'

'In a nutshell not exactly what you'd go for in a girl.'

'Yeah, I guess -I haven't felt this way about a girl in a long time.'

'Well good luck Kevin! Hwaiting!'

'Thanks Hana! I got to go.'

'Okay bye!'

'Bye'

Matt had gone back to visit his family after spending Christmas with us. I don't think he'd been to church much or at all because he seemed a little uncomfortable throughout the service. My favorite part of the service though was the beautiful music from the hand bells, choirs, and just singing together with the congregation. Dinner was great too -Matt laughed at all my Dad's corny jokes, Jae teasing me about my Matt, Robert discussing writing with Matt since he was the chief editor of a publishing company, and my mom piling way too much food on everyone's plate.

I guess you could say I was a bit mopey after Matt left. With a sigh I decided to see what Mary was up to and pulled on my warm clothes to walk to her house. I rang the doorbell and I heard several pairs of feet run to the door and I saw a couple of mary's siblings peek out the side window of the door. I heard one of them yell "Mary! Hana's here!" as they opened the door. "Hi Hana!" "Wanna see my new doll?" "Wanna play monsters?" I was greeted by a chorus of questions from her younger siblings.

"Hey, hey, hey, back off guys you're going to scare Hana away!" said Mary pulling me out from the cluster of her siblings. "Me scared away? Naw, if you sister lets me I may come see your new toys and play with you guys." I said. "Please, like I'd ever give Hana up to you little monsters" she said which brought out a chorus of dissapointed awes and they all scampered off to go back to whatever they were doing.

Mary pulled me upstairs to her room before we got mobbed by more of her siblings or family. "So what's up?" she asked. "Nothing really. I guess I'm bored and thought I'd come hang out with you for something to do." I shrugged. "Missing Matt?" she asked. "Yeah, it was reallly nice having him around so much that home feels empty without him there." I said. "I know what that's like," she said bitterly "but I do know a cure for the missing you blues!" she said cheerfully. 

"What's that?" I asked. "Going shopping and grabbing some goodies at the mall!" she said. "That does sound like a great idea! Are we going to take the bus or do we need to steal a car from my house?" I asked. "The bus! That way we can be the annoying giggling girls on the bus, as we talk about boys and fun stuff." She grinned. "I'm feeling devious so lets do it!" I grinned back.

The bus was pretty full, but I found Mary a place to sit and I stood hanging onto the pole next to her seat. We chatted as the bus drove and stopped along our way. I almost fell on top of her when the bus stopped more quickly than I expected it to, which left us in a fit of giggles as we went to hop off the bus.

We went into maurices first and admired all the pretty tops. Mary picked out a bunch for me to try on and model for her. I paraded out of the dressing room with each one. I came out with the first top -a red and white stripe sweater with red flower appliques on it. I looked at her with my brow raised.

"Nope, not you. Try the next one." she ordered me smiling. That was one thing Mary loved -dressing up other people.

I emerged with the second one -a jewel toned purple, cowl neck top that ended with a fabric knot over one shoulder. "Turn around" she said as I stood in front of her "I like that one on you" she concluded with a satisfactory smile.

I tried on several more shirts, a couple pairs of pants, and some accessories. After all that I ended up buying 2 shirts and a pair of jeans that I needed. With my bag in tow we headed over to the cafe for a snack and drink. I took Mary's order and shooed her over to table with my bag while I waited in line. 

After I got my tray with our goodies I turned around to see Mary on the verge of tears and I almost dropped the tray as I hurried over to her. "What's wrong Mary?" I asked concerned. "Nothing." she said. "Don't nothing me! Tell me what's wrong." I ordered her. "I saw Kris with his new girlfriend." she said trying not break down. 

"Did he see you or say hi?" I asked. "No....he didn't" "Then let's forget about that Jerk. He doesn't deserve to make you feel this way after the way he treated you." I firmly told her as I handed her the latte she ordered. "I know, but it still hurts. You've changed a lot Hana." she said with a half smile.

"Really? How so?" I asked curiously. "You're more bold than you used to be and seem more sure of yourself." she stated. "I guess Matt's really helped me come out of my shell, but being sure about myself -Who ever is?" I queried. "I guess you're right" she said with half a laugh "Hana, do you think an Art degree is the thing for me?" 

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I said. "After my incident I'm just not so sure what I want to do or if it's really for me any more. It's had me rethinking my plans for the future." she said. "I can understand, but why don't you think Art is a good choice for you anymore? You're the best artist of anyone I know." "Thanks, Hanna, I guess I don't know how I can use my Art as a career. I just feel so helpless right now and I need to change my life around, but I don't know where to start." she poured out to me.

"What's bothering you the most in your life?" I asked. "I just can't seem to keep a grip on anything any more, and I know I've done so many wrong things that I don't know how to get out of the pit I've dug myself." she said starting to tear up again. "No matter how far you fall you can and will get back up again. You're a fighter Mary and no one can change that." I said trying to console her.

"I guess, but this time feels so much harder and I'm not quite sure where to turn." she spoke tearfully "You seem so steady compared to me, and even though I may seem happy on the outside, on the inside I feel empty." "You know I'm not steady Mary -all your seeing is God helping me through everything." I said a little surprised "Try praying about everything and see where that takes you. In fact let's pray now." She nodded. "God, we ask your wisdom to guide Mary to where she should be and be with her as she's troubled in many ways. In Christ's name Amen."

"It's that simple? You just talk to God like any other person? I thought only priests or clergy could pray." she asked after I finished. "Yep, you don't need to be anyone special to pray because God loves everyone equally. And yes can talk to him like any other person, only he's there for you 24/7, 365 days a year, and never takes a vacation. Pretty cool huh?!" I answered. "Well, whether praying works or not I'm desperate to figure out what I should do." she said.

"I'll be praying for you Mary and why don't you come to church with me on Sunday?" I invited. "Thanks, and I'll think about it Hana." she said. Mary grew up Catholic, but she never really took her parents' beliefs as their own and her parents had given her the choice to come to Mass or stay home when she was a teen. 

After our serious discussion we quickly turned back to almost our normal peppy selves. Then we decided to check out the CD store and see if there was any cool new music. We spent most of the afternoon listening to tunes until we got bored and decided to hit the rest of the mall. "Where do we want to go now?" I asked her. "Hmmm let's check out the new soap shop. I heard they have some really awesome smelling perfumes." she stated. "Sound's good!" I nodded in reply when I heard a male voice say "Hey Hana. Hey Mary. How are you doing?" 

I turned to look and there stood Kris......

**Sorry I've been MIA -I feel bad for having to keep apologizing for not updating, but life sure has been crazy this summer. :P I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry for the cliff hanger! I'm hoping to write some tomorrow, and if not then it should be sooner this time in theory!! Hope all of you are well and getting settled back into the routine of "normal" life after summer break.