Chapter 6- Man Man Ha Ni

Letters to U-kiss

Chapter 6- Man Man Ha Ni

 Click to listen to Man Man Ha Ni

Kevin’s POV

I leaned back in a chair in our dressing room and closed my eyes. ‘It’s been a long day, and we still have more to do.’ We had started filming the music video for our single “Man Man Han Ni” early that morning and we still weren’t done. They were filming some of the solo parts of the music video, so all the other members got a short break.

Someone knocked on the door and entered. I groaned as I opened my eyes. “Is it my turn already?” 

“Ne, they want to see you in makeup and hair first though.” The guy said.

“Okay, gamsahabnida.” I said as I arose slowly. ‘Wow, I sure am tired after all the dance practice and group takes they filmed earlier. It doesn’t help either that I’m still kind of feeling blue.’

Later the next week I got a new letter from Hana.

November 4, 2009

Dear Kevin,

School’s going pretty well. I’ve had a lot of essays to write, which isn’t all that surprising, but I’m getting sick of it and I just started college. I also had my first exams in a few of my classes and I got decent marks on all of them except one –the professor had some really strange questions on it that weren’t in my textbooks and I couldn’t find them in my lecture notes either.  Other than longer classes, being away from home, and having to keep myself on track it’s not all that much different than High school.

I’m excited to hear your new mini album and see your music video. It must be really tiring with all the practices, promotional activities, and then the filming itself. I can imagine how hard it is to find true friends besides your fellow members too. At least you get along with everyone –I don’t usually have that luck. It’s really nice how they’ve been cheering you up!

Here’s an invisible hug for you <-----> since I can’t see you in person. Kevin, I haven’t had my heartbroken yet, but I can imagine how much it really hurts. I guess I haven’t really dated anyone that I seriously had my heart set on or let myself get close enough to a guy to feel that way when we broke up –you could say I’m pretty clueless in the love department. We’ll see if I end up feeling that way about Matt, since we just officially started going out, but I’m not sure if he’s the right guy for me or not yet.

Anyways, I found your show POPS in Seoul online last week and I’ve been enjoying watching them. Xander and Eli both are really funny and It’s pretty cool knowing someone famous –love the red hair! How long are you guys going to be MCs on the show?

I remember as kids you used to be in the pool every spare moment you got. Do you remember all the water basketball and crazy diving board jumping contests we used to do? Those were the days! I bet the beaches are pretty neat in Korea -I was looking up some pictures of places to see in Korea and they all look fabulous. Which is your favorite?

Oh, and I told my sister that I had told you about her wedding and she’s going to invite your whole family. She wanted me to get Deanna’s address from you –she still lives in the states right? She was hoping Deanna could be one of her bridesmaids –don’t tell her though! My sister wanted to ask her specially in the invite, so don’t spill the beans.

Take care, work hard, and eat some Cheesecake! (That always cheered you up when we were kids.)

Your Chingu,

-Hana

Hana’s POV- The evening of November 5th

I was browsing on YouTube being a fan girl stalker of U-KISS when I saw their new music video for Man Man Ha Ni had been released.  Clicking the link eagerly I watched as Kevin and his fellow members danced and sang to the catchy song. ‘Is that Kevin?  Wow he dyed his hair blond –I think I liked his red hair better, but he’s pretty hot with either. They have some wicked dance skills. Xander is really hot too and seeing him here not joking around –wow! Drats! I wish I would have waited a day to mail the letter, then I could have written to him how much I liked his MV.’ I thought to myself.

Mary came bouncing in as usual from one of her club meetings –I can’t keep track of all the things she’s in. That’s what happens when your best friend is a social butterfly. “What’s up with the Auto-tone and Man Man what knee?” said plopping on the couch next to me.

“Mary it’s not Man Man what knee. It’s Man Man Ha Ni the new MV of the group my friend Kevin’s in. Want to watch?”

“Sure! Why not?!” she said. I clicked play once again so she could see it, sending Kevin’s group dancing and singing again. “Which one’s Kevin?” she asked about 5 seconds in.

“He’s the one with blond hair in the car in a few seconds…..There!” I said pointing to the screen as Kevin’s face flicked across the screen and paused it.

“I see” she said and got a silly smirk on her face and looked at me kind of funny.

“What?!” I asked.

“Nothing, nothing at all” she said as she smirked even more. Mary always liked to tease me like this.

“Seriously?! You look like a kid that stole all the cookies from the cookie jar.” I folded my arms and looked at her scowling while trying to watch the MV.

“Yup, but maybe I did steal all the cookies….especially if they were your mom’s cookies.”

“Good grief Mary!” I said as I sighed.

Mary’s POV

Hana was sitting on the couch with her laptop like usual when I got home from the art club meeting. She was listening to something foreign again…Out of curiosity I asked her what it was and it was of the group her friend Kevin was in.

I watched her face as she played the MV for me and she was almost drooling over the screen, which made me smirk. ‘Boy does she have a big crush and not know it!’ I thought to myself as I . ‘All the guys in the group are pretty hot, for Asian guys anyways, but Kris is the only guy for me.’

*Sorry for not getting a new chapter up sooner! I’ve had my first exams of the semester and my brain was fried of its creative juices. I also just started a new project that is going to be very time consuming, but it will be really neat when it’s done. I’m not going to say any more because I’ll probably share some details about it in the future. Did you like Mary’s POV and should I do more of her too? I feel like this chapter was kind of blah in comparison to the others, sorry! -AA