Chapter 28- Life in Letters

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

A few days before the end of January I recieved a letter from Hana. I was so eager ot find out what had been going on with her since, we hadn't really talked in any form for a little over a week & that was mainly to tell her:

'I kissed Norae on the Cheek and she only threw a wet towel at me! \*O*/' I texted Hana.

'I guess that's good! XD' She had texted back.

'Do you think that means she likes me a little bit?' I asked

'Yeah, she didn't totally tell you off right?' she replied

'Nope, it was more a "shocked" hey and then she ran back to be by the other guys. ;)'

'Good for you! ^_^' she texted.

'I've finally got a girlfriend :D' I texted back.

'Yep, but behave yourself! I don't want to hear that you've been a bad boy & need me to come to Korea to knock you back to your senses. ;)' she had replied.

'Yah! Of course I'll behave! >.< And I thought you were my friend T_T' I had texted back in mock sadness.

'Don't cry! I was just joking!!! :*(' she had texted back.

'I'm not! ;) How's life?' I asked

'Good! :D I need to go Kevin! My class is starting in just a few minutes,'

'Okay, Bye Hana <3 Ttys!' I said.

'Yes ttyys & bye bye :) <3' she ended our conversation.

 

January 17, 2010

Dear Kevin,

I'm back at school once again :P It seems like winter break sort of flew by with everything happening and getting ready to head back again. I sure missed my mom's cooking and treats because I'm sure I gained 5 pounds when I was home from all the goodness! 

Mary's been struggling a lot emotionally lately wondering if she really should be going for an art degree and if her life's in the right place. I took her to church once before we headed back to school, but I'm hoping she'll start to come with me while at school too. I found a neat little church not too far from campus through my Cru. :) Keep her in your prayers and that I'd be able to get her to come with me sometime.

After Christmas Matt & I didn't really text or talk much when he went back home to visit his mom. It kind of felt like he was ignoring me which really hurt, so when I first came back to school I was really mad at him. He later told me that he had lost his phone the last week of break, which is why he never called me. What I don't understand about it is that when I asked him 'Why didn't you email me or send a FB message to let me know?' he kind of brushed it off by apologizing and said it didn't really cross his mind. Golly why do boys have to be so frustrating? (Sorry!)

Matt did make it up to me a little bit yesterday by taking me on a really nice date. Mary helped me pick out the perfect outfit for the occasion too. :) I met him at a new and cute little italian restaurant just a short bus trip from school. The decor was lovely with cream colored columns trailed with ivy and bronze colored metal ceiling tiles that reflected strings of lights they had woven accross the room into a shimmering net. The food was amazing too! I got boring old ravioli with marinara sauce, but it was some of the best I've ever had save my mom's of course. 

Then he took me swing dancing at a club that was playing with a live 50's style band. I'd never been dancing before & I have two left feet, but we still had a great time! I guess Matt used to do some ballroom dancing as a kid before he got into basketball, so it was pretty cool to see him having a grand old time on the dance floor with me floundring to keep up. I let him dance a couple of dances with another lady to get a breather and because my shoes were starting to give me blisters. Hopefully we'll go dancing again sometime because it was really fun even if I was bad at it.

Okay enough of being a girl! Mary and I found out Kris transferred to NYU to play baseball, so it was kind of shock running accrossed him on campus the first day. I saw him first and then he attempted to walk her to her first class. She gave him the silent treatment before telling him off, and she said he had apologized and looked like he was going to cry when she left him in the hall. He thankfully said he'd leave her alone and not push getting back together, so we'll see how it goes.

Well I have to head to class now!

Hope you are well & may God be with you!

~Hana 

That evening I had a small ammount of time between dance practice and working out to write her back. The next day I mailed it through our company's postal drop.

Hana's POV

I got an email from Kevin about a week ago saying he got my letter & was going to try to write me back as soon as he could, but with promoting their upcoming album release and all the practice he wasn't sure when he'd get to it. In my reply I told him to take his time because I knew he was busy and that I was looking forward to the new album coming out.

He had emailed me back a couple days later on the date of the album release:

"Hey Hana! Hope school's going well for you! I've sent you a letter and a little something special too since you were so stoked about our album release. How did you like our new Music Video? ~Kevin"

"Hey Kevin! School is going really well so far! Mary's hanging in there too with Kris being there, and thankfully he's kept his word about keeping away from her -other than secretly dropping off candy and things for her by our dorm door anyways. She's been keeping me well supplied with candy, since she's been mostly giving that stuff to me because she's on a health kick at the moment.

U-KISS's new music video was pretty crazy! How long did it take you guys to film it? I liked your clothes in it -pretty snazzy if you ask me. The heavy use of auto-tone wasn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed it because it's such a lively song and made me want to get up and dance. Mary rolled her eyes at me the other day when I attempted to dance along with my two left feet for exercise. XD

"How's promoting and things going? How are you doing? ~Hana."

"Glad to hear you liked it okay! The music video was really something -we filmed for 24 hours straight! We each took cat naps in between our solo filming sessions, but wow was it tiring. I really liked my outfit too -they were kind of gangster chic if you know what I mean. ;) 

Our artistic director suggested the auto-tone because poor Dongho's voice is cracking like a broken violin at the moment -poor guy! >.< Hopefully our next release will be a little less auto-toney if he's grown out of it by then. ^_^ I guess it's something to look forward too anyways. I bet you aren't all left feet and tell Mary she can roll her eyes all she wants, but good dance music is good dance music!

Promoting is going well, but we've been really busy with almost non-stop schedules every day so far. We probably won't get much of a break this weekend either and I'll probably have to miss church. :( I guess I'll just have to do some worship and bible reading on my own in between things. That's show biz for you!

I'm doing well, but I've been kind of tired with all the work and stress from all the activities we've had lately. I think I've caught a little bit of a cold, so I'm thankful our songs are heavy in autotone because I might not sound so good if I had to sing without it right now. Gotta dash! ~Kevin."

*Hey Peeps! Hope you liked the update :) The next couple of chapters are going to be more letter, email, and text focused to speed up the plot a little bit here. Sorry I've been such a slow poke updating, but I've been super busy at work and I'm working on a website for my "secret project" like crazy lately -that itself involves a lot of writing and time :P It will be worth it in the end ^_^ Hope all of you are doing well! ~AA