Chapter 58- My Second Family

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV- Later that evening

Once we got back to Dea's from all the fun, I decided to call my mom that night before it got too, too late on the east coast. I knew she'd be worried about me, as she always is, but I did miss my family. Dad was working that evening at the hospital, so I knew she'd be by herself too now that Jae was married off happily to Robert.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mom."

"Oh, hi Hana. How's your trip been?"

"Really, really good."

"That's good. How is everyone?"

"They're all well and they were asking about you, Dad, and Jae today at lunch."

"That's nice. How was church?"

"Fine." I answered containing my happiness.

"Just fine?"

"No, it was wonderful and it was really nice going to church with the Woo's again."

"Glad to hear that dear. What did you do the rest of the day?"

"We went back to the Woo's for lunch after church and she made some of my favorites -did you tell her what I liked or did she remember?"

"I didn't tell her anything, but Hanuel always had a good memory." she chuckled.

"Anyways, we played some games after that and then she insisted on feeding Dea and I supper too before heading back to her apartment. She made me keep eating until I was well stuffed from all the food." I giggled.

"That sounds like her all right!"

"Yeah, I'll probably gain 10 pounds if I keep eating at their house."

"So did you feel strange meeting them again or was it pretty natural?"

"I thought it would be more awkward, but now that it's over I feel like I'm with family again."

"It's really a shame how distant we all became with each other after our move."

"Yeah, but God has his reasons for everything!"

"Too true. Did you talk to Kevin at all yet?"

"Mmmm not in person, but I texted him a little bit -he wants to skype with me and his family sometime, while I'm visiting."

"Ah, I see. Did you meet any cute guys at church?"

"MOOOMMM!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I just shook my head and rolled my eyes

"Any fun plans for tomorrow?" 

"I think Dea's taking me to do some sight-seeing in San Francisco and I think her mom's going to come with us too."

"Oh, how nice! Take lots of pictures and have fun. It'll be interesting to see how things have changed, since we've lived there."

"Yeah. How about you? Any plans for tomorrow?"

"Not really. I'll be working at the bakery all week and we're doing some cakes for weddings, which should be fun."

"I bet they're going to be gorgeous."

"I hope so!"

"Oh come on mom! You're the best baker I know and the best cake decorator."

"You flatter me too much dear!"

"Well, I can bet you that if I decorated a cake for a wedding, people would never want to order anything from the bakery ever again."

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. What am I to do with two daughters that can't make a pretty cake?"

"Make us pretty cakes and feed it to us, so we can tell you how much we like your cakes?"

"That I can do."

"At least Jae can bake a cake without turning it into a charcoal brick like me." I pointed out brightly.

"True, but when will you learn to bake?"

"..........in God's timing?"

"Hehehe, yeah I guess we could say that. Maybe Hanuel could teach you to do some cooking while your there? Sometimes it's easier to learn from someone else you know."

"Maybe I will. I should probably let you get to bed so you don't fall asleep frosting tiers tomorrow."

"You're right dear. Love you and sweet dreams."

"Love you too!"

"Bye bye"

"Bye."

Then I decided to call Mary and check on how everything was going.

"Hey Mary!"

"Oh hey Hana! How's it going?"

"Great."

"You sound really happy."

"I am! It was really awesome getting to meet up with the Woo's again and I love spending time with them."

"That's good! I know you really missed them a lot when you first moved out here -you talked about them almost non-stop."

"True! It felt like I was re-uniting with my second family."

"It's wonderful you're getting along with your future in-laws so well."

"MARY! They may not be my future in-laws if God has other ideas."

"Well, what if it is God's idea for them to be your in-laws?"

"Well, maybe it is, but I don't know yet."

"Wow, you actually admitted that they might be."

*Fudge* I face palmed "it's your dizzying logic that made me confused."

"Who says I am logical?"

"If your logic-less? Does that make you dizzy?"

"I guess so." she giggled

"Well, hopefully all that dizzy won't tumble you off the face of the planet!"

"Oh, it won't! What are you up to tomorrow?"

"Sightseeing in Sanfrancisco with Dea & probably her mom too."

"COOL! You HAVE to take lots of pictures okay?!"

"I will Mary, don't worry!"

"How are you doing by the way?"

"Fine, so far I've been staying fairly distracted and hopefully that keeps up for a while. Honestly though, I don't really miss talking to him as much as I thought I would."

"Well, that's good. I hope they keep you nice and busy, so that you won't have to think about anything but the moment you're in."

"Thanks and I'm sure they will."

"I should probably let you go to sleep now -it's getting late there."

"Yeah, I guess I should."

"Sweet dreams Mary."

"You too! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

"Bye bye"

"Bye."

There's nothing better than talking to friends and family on the phone when you're so far apart. I sighed happily before heading out to the living room to see if Dea wanted to watch a movie or something. For some people home is a concrete place, but to me home is everywhere that has a bit of your heart -with Mary and her family, my parents & Jae, Dea & the Woo's, & Kevin in Korea. Home is where the heart is. 

*Hello! Welcome to my new subscribers & thank you for your patience. I've had this chapter sitting mostly done for a long, long time and apologies for getting around to finishing it now. I hope to finish this story sometime this year, but we'll see what God has in store! I'm not sure if I'll write another fanfiction after I finish this one, or if I'll even come back to this site afterwards. I've really changed a lot and grown in my relationship with God, so I don't have quite the passion I once had for K-pop and such -I don't feel it's really right for me to support a secular industry, and especially now that the majority of groups are doing concepts that are not in line with my moral values. I ask for prayer for safe travels and a safe trip. I leave on the 20th for the Big Break CRU conference in FL with my best friend and her sister. I'm excited and a little nervous about stepping outside of my confort zone by not only talking to people I've never met before, but witnessing to them as well. However, because I'm considering doing missions someday, it's a good way for me to test the waters and see if I really can and will step outside of my comfort zone with people that I've never met before. Either way I'm happy that God's worked out all the details so far -I didn't think they were ever going to get them straightened out wo we all could go. Enough rambling! I hope you all have been well & may God be with you as well. ~AA