Chapter 24- Back to books & boy what a suprise

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV

Winter break had gone by way too fast. I was sad to leave my family and I really had missed my mom's cooking when I was at college -I wouldn't be too surprised if I had gained a couple of pounds at home, since I hadn't eaten as much as I normally did at school because the food wasn't anywhere near as good as my mom's.

I checked my phone's display and it said 'No New Messages'. It had been about a week, since Matt had texted me and while we were apart it was usually me that had to initiate the contact. I'm not a clingy person, but his lack of contact was putting me in a mood. I popped in an ear bud to listen to the U-Kiss and k-pop music I had saved on it, which hopefully would cheer me up a bit.

Mary's POV

I had been thinking a lot about everything lately and the closer I got to college, the more I felt anxious and just unsettled. I stared out the window at the frosty landscape that rolled by.

Was it going back to the city? No, Hana was going to be there and I wasn't going anywhere alone anymore. 

Should I really get getting a degree in art? Is it the right choice? I love art, but what will I do for a career? I know I've always wanted to be an artist, but how can I apply it more if I can't make enough just doing art? I guess I'll stick with it for now and see what happens.

Who left the Dahlia for me? Was it Kris? If it was him what does it mean? Does he want me back just to be his fling girl or would he be serious about me?

I sighed as my dad drove me and Hana back to school.

"What's eating you?" She asked pulling out her earbuds.

"Nothing" I sighed.

"There must be something wrong if you keep sighing like that" she prodded

"I'm not sighing, and nothing's the matter." I sighed again

"See you did it again! There is something wrong." Hana said looking at me in a 'you better fess up or else' look, but she wasn't really herself either.

"Fine, but you have to tell me what's eating you too." I smirked.

"Nothing's eating me. I'm perfectly fine thank you!" She crossly replied.

"No seriously, something's eating you too and if you don't tell me I'll turn into the tickle monster." I said mischeviously as I wiggled my fingers at her -Hana was crazy ticklish.

"Not the tickle monster! I'll tell, I'll tell!" she exclaimed with wide eyes at my threat. "You have to go first though since I asked you first."

"Okay, I'm just a little nervous and unsettled about going back to school."

"Is it the life direction crisis again? Or are you worried about something happening again?" she said knowingly.

"Yes to the first and a little to the second." 

"I'll say a quick prayer for you 'God take Mary's anxiousness away. Also, help her to find what she should do with her life if a career in art isn't right for her. In your name amen.'"

"That seemed too easy." I said a little shocked at how readily Hana could strike up a conversation with God. 

"Yeah, a lot of people think talking to God is more complicated than it really is. Try it next time you feel worried or anxious -it should help." she instructed me.

"I'll keep that in mind and thanks Hana, I feel a bit better now."

"Anytime!" she flashed me a smile.

"Now it's your turn to spill your beans." I said.

Sighing Hana spoke "I'm mad that Matt hasn't texted me at all this week, and the only times he's texted me after he went home were when I texted him. Should I be worried?"

"Honestly a little bit, but wait and see how he is once back at school. Maybe he's just not big on texting?"

"No," Hana said furrowing her eyebrows a bit "He was on his phone most of the time at my place texting people. Most of the time he said it was his mom, but he wouldn't let me see any of them."

"That's a bit suspicious." I mused.

"That's what I thought, but I tend to have a bit of an imagination and sometimes I wonder if things are really the way they are?" she said.

"Yeah, you can be a bit of an overthinker, but I don't think you're wrong about being a little worried about Matt. Just be careful and don't get too attached for now." I told her.

"Thanks Mary for enlightening a relationship dunce like me." 

"Pfffffft yeah I'm a real relationship expert with a boyfriend that cheated on me and I wasn't any wiser." I said rolling my eyes.

"Well let's just say you have more experience than me in the boys department." she winked at me. "Want to listen to some music and forget our troubles?" she asked holding out an ear bud.

"Sure." I said as I took the ear bud and popped it in my ear. "Wait.....you're not listening to k-pop are you?"

"Yes...." she replied meekly because she knew I was more of a Hip hop girl.

"You've turned into a k-pop nut thanks to your friend Kevin, but I'll listen just because my I-pod is broken and I didn't bring a book." I said shaking my head giggling. 'Hana, Hana, Hana. what are we going to do with you?' I thought as I settled back to listen to a bunch of what sounded like jibberish with some english thrown in for good measure.

A few hours later......

"Here we are girls!" said my dad as he pulled up in front of the school.

"Thanks for driving us!" Hana chirped hopping out of the car.

"You're welcome, but stay out of trouble you two!" He said as he pulled out our bags from the trunk. "Do you need help taking things up to your dorm?"

"No, I think we're good Dad. Drive safe and call me when you get back." I said giving him a hug and a peck on the cheek.

"Okay. Bye Hana! Bye Mary! Be good." He said winking as he hopped into his car and drove off.

"Shall we head up?" I turned to Hana.

"Yes! Let's! It's freezing out." she said shivering.

Hana's POV -the next day

I had an earlier class than Mary on Monday, so I headed out to the cafeteria for breakfast. I browsed my choices -scrambled eggs that looked like rubber, dried out bisquits with super salty gravy, fruit that wasn't the cream of the crop, smoothies that were way overpriced, and a smorgosboard of other equally inappetizing choices. I decided to just stick with some oatmeal that looked halfways decent and healthy, and put it on my tray.

I headed to the check out line still half asleep. Someone tapped my shoulder and I whipped around almost dumping my breakfast on the floor. "What?!" I exclaimed a bit crossly as a turned, but that quickly turned to smile when I saw who it was."Hey Hana. Want to eat breakfast together?" he asked. "What do you think?!" I queried. "Yes?!" He said and I nodded back.

"So how was the rest of your break?" I asked avoiding the real question I wanted to ask. "Boring. I had to cook and clean for my mom, and all my friends were being idiots so I didn't want to hang out with them. How about you?" he said. "It was good. Mary and I hung out a lot and went shopping a bunch of times, but otherwise nothing too exciting."

We ate in silence for a couple minutes before I worked up the courage to ask him what was really on my mind. "Why didn't you text me unless I texted you when you went back home?"

He sat silent for a minute before replying "I was busy and I didn't really think of it." 

"So I'm just an afterthought of yours and you didn't think about me at all?" I said angrily.

"That's not it!" he defended.

"Well it sure sounded like it!" I huffed as I got up.

"Where are you going?" he asked grabbing my wrist.

"Away from you!" I said angrily shaking off his grip on my arm and he grabbed me again only this time harder.

"Let. Go." I seethed angrily.

"No, sit down and let's talk this out." he said trying to pull me back into my seat.

"I said. Let go!" I said loudly and heads were starting to turn in the cafeteria. He jerked me down into the seat and hurt my shoulder.

"Ouch!" I snarled.

"I'm sorry, but I wanted you to listen to me." he said.

"Well, hurting me to get your way doesn't help anything." I said crossly.

"I said I was sorry." he said a bit hurt himself. "I didn't text you this past week at all because I dropped my phone and it broke, so I just got a new one yesterday." he explained.

"Why didn't you email me or something and let me know that?" I asked.

He sighed and ran his had through his hair "I don't know, but I honestly didn't think of it."

"Well, if that ever happens in the future you have to let me know right away." I said still feeling hurt by his lack of communication and thought to myself 'We'll see how this cookie crumbles as this semester goes on, and if this trend continues Matt will unfortunately be history.'

"If I take you on a date will that make things better?" he asked.

"Maybe......" I replied smugly "Whoa! I'm going to be late for class! See you later Matt." I bounced up to go to class. Not paying attention to who was around me I crashed into someone. "Oof" I grunted as I landed on my bottom. "Are you okay Hana?" asked the person. "Yeah...." I stopped when I looked up and saw who was before me. "What are you doing here?" I asked cooly with wide eyes even though I knew the answer.

*Sorry Peeps for not updating lately! I took a little break from AFF and I can't garuntee how soon I'll get another chapter done. Hope you enjoy it! ~AA