Forever and Goodbye (Chapter 18)

Forever and Good bye

Chapter 18

 

 

Sungmin is currently staying in their mansion at Busan. She decided to stay there for awhile after she has been discharged from the hospital. She’s taking some medicines for depression and vitamins for anemia. Her nannies are always with her because that’s her father’s order. Mr. Lee told them not to leave Sungmin because the doctor told him that she might attempt another suicide if she will be left alone and that’s why Mr. Lee always make sure that someone is always watching her daughter, especially when he’s not at home.

 

“You really don’t want to stay at the Kim mansion?”

 

Mr. Lee asks his daughter as they eat their breakfast together.

 

“This is my home”

 

Sungmin told her father.

 

“Kim mansion will also be your home once you’re finally married to Jongwoon”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter happily. He keeps on convincing his daughter to stay at the Kim mansion again, so he won’t worry that much about her when he is away from her. At least in Kim mansion, Sungmin has someone to talk with because Sulli and Siwon are there and they can also watch over her unlike if she stays in their mansion in Busan, she will always be alone with her nannies and their other maids because Mr. Lee is always busy with his companies and with some matter regarding the wedding of Sungmin and Jongwoon—he and Youngwoon are always busy because of it and of course their special mission; to get rid of Ryeowook.

 

“After eating your breakfast, I want you to go to your room and prepare yourself. We’re going to meet Youngwoon at Shilla Hotel. He is with your wedding dress designer”

 

Mr. Lee informs his daughter. Sungmin puts down her fork on her plate. She takes a sip on her cranberry juice.

 

“I don’t understand it appa”

 

Sungmin told her father.

 

“You don’t understand what?”

 

Mr. Lee asks his daughter curiously.

 

“I don’t understand this entire ! When will you and Youngwoon appa stop? Why do you want to force Jongwoon to do the things that he doesn’t want?”

 

Sungmin asks her father as her tears start forming in her eyes.

 

“Princess, you’re the one who can’t understand. Marrying Jongwoon is what you want, right? I’m just granting your wish and Youngwoon and I—“

 

“BUT I DON’T WANT TO MARRY JONGWOON ANYMORE!”

 

Sungmin raises her voice because of anger.

 

“Why can’t you understand appa? Just stop hurting Jongwoon”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“He’s not doing anything. He’s just following his happiness, so please let him be free. Just stop hurting him because you’re also hurting me”

 

Sungmin told her father, controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Now that’s the reason why I want you to marry Jongwoon because I don’t want to see you like that. You’re my princess and I will give you everything that you want. You and Jongwoon are meant for each other. Just understand. I’m doing this for your own good and Youngwoon is doing this for Jongwoon’s good”

 

“But it’s not right. This is not right. Everything is not right. Marrying him is not right”

 

Sungmin told her father as tears start falling slowly from her eyes. She doesn’t want to hurt Jongwoon and she doesn’t want to see him in pain. She knows that Jongwoon will never be happy with her. She knows that Jongwoon will only suffer—both of them. Sungmin doesn’t want that to happen. It’s ok with her if she’s the one who will suffer and will feel a great pain as long as it’s not Jongwoon.

 

“Appa, I want Jongwoon to be happy. So please, stop now. I’m not going to marry him. I’m not going to do that. I’m not going to take his happiness away. So please, stop…just stop”

 

Sungmin told her father, begging him.

 

“You love him”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“And that’s why I’m willing to shed river of tears for him and I’m willing to give up my own happiness for him. I am willing to feel the pain and to suffer just to see him happy because I love him. You must understand that appa”

 

Sungmin told her father.

 

“You and Youngwoon appa must understand that. Stop being selfish”

 

Sungmin told her father. She wipes her tears away. She stands up and leaves the dining room. Mr. Lee wipes his lips with his table napkin and quickly stands up. He leaves the dining room and follows his daughter in her room. He found his daughter crying on her bed. He looks at Sungmin’s nannies.

 

“Please leave us for awhile”

 

Mr. Lee told them. They bow at him and leave the room quietly.

 

“Go away appa! I don’t want to talk to you anymore because you don’t understand me. You only listen to yourself!”

 

Sungmin told her father.

 

“Princess”

 

Mr. Lee sighs and sits on the bed, joining his daughter.

 

“Please stop crying. You know that I don’t want to see you crying and sad. You see. I only want what is the best for you. I believe that Jongwoon is the best for you. Youngwoon also believes that and that’s why we’re doing our best to pursue the wedding”

 

Mr. Lee explains, hoping that his daughter will already stop arguing with him. Sungmin slowly sits on her bed and stares at her father. Tears keep on falling from her eyes.

 

“Do you think umma will agree with you if she’s still alive?”

 

Sungmin asks while shaking her head.

 

“Umma will never want you to do this appa because she knows that you’re doing this because of your selfish ambition. You and Youngwoon appa are doing this because of—“

 

Sungmin didn’t have the chance to finish talking because Mr. Lee slaps her.

 

“You don’t have the right to talk to me like that! You’re just my daughter Lee Sungmin! Even your mom can’t do anything about this if she’s still alive!”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter, staring at her seriously.

 

“You will never disobey me Minnie!”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter angrily.

 

“Jongwoon doesn’t love me and it hurts…”

 

Sungmin told her father in a soft voice. She continues to cry softly.

 

“Do you really want to see me getting hurt?”

 

Sungmin asks her father sadly.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mr. Lee moves closer to his daughter and hugs her. Sungmin starts crying on her father’s arms.

 

“I can have him, but I can never have his heart”

 

Sungmin told her father sadly.

 

“Shhhh…that’s not true”

 

Mr. Lee cups his daughter’s beautiful face and stares at her.

 

“Stop crying my princess”

 

“Jongwoon doesn’t love me. He will never love me even if I become his wife. He will never love me because I’m not—“

 

Mr. Lee holds his daughter’s lips to stop her from talking.

 

“Shhhh”

 

Mr. Lee wipes Sungmin’s tears. He holds his daughter’s beautiful face between his hands and softly kisses her forehead.

 

“You’re a very beautiful girl. You’re smart and you’re lovely. Every man is dying to have you. So stop telling yourself that Jongwoon will never love you. He’s just blinded by his love for that poor girl and that’s why he can’t notice you”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter.

 

“That girl is nothing compare to you, so why will you choose to lose against her if you can do something to win? Remember sweetheart, you arrive first in Jongwoon’s life and she just steal him away from you. Are you going to allow her to get what is supposed to be yours? Are you going to give up on Jongwoon?”

 

Mr. Lee asks his daughter, trying to change her mind and put hatred in her heart.

 

“You’re not weak sweetheart. I don’t want you to be weak. I want you to fight for what is yours. Jongwoon is yours and not hers. You and Jongwoon are meant to be. He is for you and you are for him and there’s no place for that poor girl. You have to show her who you are and the things that you can do, so she will know where to place herself”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter. Sungmin wipes her tears away.

 

“You’re right appa”

 

Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Why will I cry if I can always fight for Jongwoon?”

 

Sungmin asks her father.

 

“No, that’s the Lee Sungmin that I know. You must not cry. The Lee Sungmin that I know never cry and she never lose to anyone because she has a cold heart. That poor girl brings a lot of pain in your life. She steals the man that you love and she’s the reason why Jongwoon hates you that much because they blame you for the dead of that baby inside her womb. The game is not yet over sweetheart. It’s just about to begin”

 

“I know”

 

Sungmin smirks.

 

“And I’m going to make sure that I will win”

 

Sungmin told her father. Mr. Lee nods his head happily.

 

“Of course you will because there’s no place for the weak and the poor in this society. We get rid of the trash because that’s the right thing to do”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter.

 

“Now, I want you to prepare yourself because we’re going to leave soon”

 

“Arasso”

 

“Good girl”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter. He gently pats Sungmin’s cheek and kisses her forehead before leaving her room.

 

~~~

 

Teukie was having a breakfast with her ex-husband at The Peninsula. Teukie invites Youngwoon for breakfast because she wants to talk to him about their son. Teukie was hoping that she can stop her ex-husband from making their son’s life miserable.

 

“Are you just going to keep quiet?”

 

Youngwoon asks, putting his cup of coffee on the saucer. Teukie stares at him.

 

“Why don’t you speak and tell me why you want to see me?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“It’s about Jongwoon, isn’t?”

 

Youngwoon asks again.

 

“Youngwoon…”

 

Youngwoon raises his hand to stop his ex-wife from talking.

 

“I get it”

 

Youngwoon gets his cup of coffee and takes a sip.

 

“And my answer is no”

 

Youngwoon told his ex wife before putting down his cup of coffee on the saucer.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

Teukie asks, staring at her ex-husband seriously.

 

“Jongwoon is your son”

 

“You’re right”

 

Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“Jongwoon is my son and that’s why I’m doing this because he is my son…my hard headed bastard son”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife, shooting her a serious look. Teukie stares at the window sadly.

 

“Did you ever love me?”

 

Teukie asks, making Youngwoon laugh softly because of her sudden question.

 

“What? What is this Park Jungsoo, some kind of a blind date or something? Do you want us to be back together? Why? What happen to your other man? Does he ditch you like what I did to you?”

 

Youngwoon asks, mocking his ex-wife. Teukie looks at him.

 

“This is not about me and Younho. This is about us”

 

Teukie told Youngwoon who smirks at her.

 

“There’s no more us Teukie and you know that. There are no more us since the day you decided to file a divorce against me!”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife, giving her a glare.

 

“Did you ever love me?”

 

Teukie asks. Her eyes are starting to get blurry because of her tears that she keeps on controlling from falling.

 

“You’re the one who can answer that”

 

Youngwoon told Teukie, avoiding her eyes.

 

“Why?”

 

Teukie asks sadly. Youngwoon looks at her.

 

“Why did we become like this? Why does our son needs to suffer because of our mistake? Why does our Jongwoonie needs to get hurt because of your anger towards your father? Why are you doing this Youngwoon? Why do you need to do to Jongwoon what your dad did to you?”

 

Teukie asks, still controlling her tears from falling.

 

“You’re asking us why do we become like this?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“Because you become selfish”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife wit teary eyes.

 

“You see…”

 

Youngwoon looks at the window. He doesn’t want Teukie to see those tears that are forming in his eyes.

 

“I thought that I’m not going to learn to love you. I thought I’m not going to forget Yoonji. But I was wrong. I learn to love you Teukie. I really do. I know that I fail as a husband because I never show you how much I love you. I never even told you how happy I am when you tell me the good news about you carrying my child in your womb. I never even told you how happy I am when Jongwoon finally arrive in our lives. I never told you how happy I am to become a father, especially when I first held Jongwoon on my arms and stop him from crying”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife, smiling a little as he remembers those happy memories.

 

“You keep on seeing her even though we’re already married and I always try to cover up for you, so our fathers will never know about it. You love her and not me. You just love Jongwoon and that’s why you stay. You make love to me the night that you came home drunk because you thought that I am her”

 

Teukie told her ex-husband.

 

“I thought you will stop seeing her when you find out that I was pregnant with your child. You never care how I feel because you don’t love me and you never care about me. But I stay. I stay because the baby in my womb gives me hope to stay. I told myself that you will learn to love me because we have a child. Jongwoon will be my key to your heart. I stay because I love you even though it’s hard for me to accept that you love her and not me. I stay because I love our son. I want to give him a complete family even though it hurts me so much knowing that you never love me at all”

 

Teukie told Youngwoon as tears slowly fall from the corner of her eyes.

 

“And because of you, Yoonji suffers more and that’s the reason why I hated you. You become selfish Teukie. I told you that I love you, but you never believe me”

 

“How will I believe if you never show me that you love me? How will I believe if you never stop seeing her?”

 

Teukie asks with a hint of anger in her voice.

 

“I never hated that girl because I know that you love her. But I learn to love you. I hated her because she’s trying to steal you away from me and from Jongwoon”

 

“YOONJI NEVER DID THAT!”

 

Youngwoon raises his voice.

 

“She never did that”

 

Youngwoon shook his head.

 

“I am the one who keeps on chasing her. She always pushes me away and told me to become a good husband to you. But I never stop. I know that I’m already hurting you, but I never stop. I don’t want to stop because I love her. But she hurts me when I found out that she’s getting married. I beg her not to do that. I will stay away from her if she will not marry that man. She told me that she loves him. You see. I was a fool to believe that she loves me. I drink and get drunk and found you waiting for me at home”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife.

 

“But you’re still seeing her even though she’s already married!”

 

“We met twice after her marriage to her husband. First is during a CEO party and the last one is when I finally let her go and say goodbye to her. I promise her that I will become a good husband and a loving father. But I guess I fail…I fail because of you”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife, blaming her.

 

“You hurt Yoonji”

 

“Since when did I do that? I never hurt that girl!”

 

“Oh really?”

 

Youngwoon raises an eyebrow.

 

“You become selfish Teukie. You’re the one who made me like this”

 

Youngwoon stares at his ex-wife seriously. Teukie can see her ex-husband’s anger for her.

 

“I love you, but you become selfish. You hurt Yoonji and you made her suffer”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about! Don’t accuse me of something that I didn’t do! You become like that because you were blinded by your hatred towards your father!”

 

Teukie told Youngwoon angrily. Youngwoon didn’t speak. He just stares at Teukie as anger keeps on flowing in his heart—anger and hatred towards his father and his ex-wife.

 

“Can’t you see that Jongwoon is the one who is suffering? Why can’t you open your eyes and your heart? Our son is suffering because of your selfishness!”

 

“OUR SON IS SUFFERING BECAUSE OF YOU!”

 

Youngwoon raises his voice, clenching his fist angrily.

 

“Jongwoon is innocent! He’s not doing anything Youngwoon, so please stop hurting him. Don’t hate him because of me. Don’t hurt him because of me. He is your son”

 

“I know”

 

Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“Jongwoon is my son and he never did anything to hurt me. He becomes a good son. He only disobeys me because he wants to be happy. He is innocent. He knows nothing about us. But I’m sorry Teukie. Jongwoon is my puppet. He needs to follow me because I am his father. I am the one who gives him good life—the life that you cannot give him because you choose your other man!”

 

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO TAKE OUR SON AWAY FROM ME!”

 

Teukie shouts as she starts crying softly.

 

“Youngwoon, please stop hurting Jongwoon. Please set him free. Let him be happy with the girl he loves. Don’t let him suffer like you. He doesn’t love Minnie. They might just end like us, so please…please stop doing this. Tell me what I should do for you to stop hurting our son. I will do anything, just let Jongwoon be happy with Wookie”

 

Teukie begs Youngwoon, hoping that her ex-husband will listen to her and have a change of heart.

 

“Youngwoon please”

 

Teukie stands up and kneels in front of her ex-husband. She doesn’t care if there are people looking at her. All she cares about at that moment is to beg her ex-husband and hoping to soften his heart of stone.

 

“Please, it’s not Jongwoon’s fault. It is my fault Youngwoon. Hate me as much as you want. Hurt me if you want. I will bear all the pain, just stop hurting our son. Jongwoon deserves to be happy and not like this. Please listen to me Youngwoon. Please give our son his freedom. Stop imprisoning him from your shadow. Let him be happy…just let him be happy…I’m begging you”

 

Teukie keeps on begging. Youngwoon stares at his ex-wife, down on bended knees, crying softly and begging him. But Youngwoon’s heart is already filled with too much hatred—hatred towards his father, Teukie’s father and of course towards his ex-wife. Youngwoon’s hatred already eats him and he doesn’t care anymore and he doesn’t want to listen to anyone because his hatred already turns him into a monster—a very scary monster.

 

“Beg as much as you want. But I will never change my mind even if you kiss my feet. You know Park Jungsoo? This will never happen if you didn’t hurt the girl that I love most. I have loved you, but you become selfish and hurt the girl who becomes part of my life and the girl who is important to me. Jongwoon will never suffer if you didn’t become selfish. It’s your fault why we’re like this and it’s your fault why Jongwoon is suffering right now. It’s all because of you”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife, putting the entire blame on her.

 

“You’re right. Our son is innocent and he never did something to hurt me. The only mistakes that he has is he follows his happiness and he becomes your son and that’s why he needs to suffer because of it”

 

“But Youngwoon…”

 

Youngwoon stands up.

 

“Don’t ever show your face in front of me. Jongwoon will always follow me. He can never decide on his own because he is my son and I am superior to him. He still needs to follow me no matter what happen because I know what is the best for him”

 

Youngwoon pushes Teukie away from him and starts walking away from her.

 

“YOUNGWOON, PLEASE!!!”

 

Teukie shouts, hoping that Youngwoon will go back and listen to her. But Youngwoon didn’t do that. He walks away, leaving Teukie alone.

 

“Please…stop…just hurt me and not our son…please”

 

Teukie whispers as tears continue falling from her eyes, feeling weak because she doesn’t know how she will be able to protect Jongwoon against Youngwoon.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon was sitting at the living room of Ryeowook’s house. He was having a very serious conversation with his lawyer. Jongwoon invites Lawyer Jang because he wants to talk to him about filing a case against Youngwoon.

 

“I want to get my properties away from him. He can never take it away from me. I need it back Lawyer Jang. No matter what it takes, I need it back. He needs to return it to me…everything. I need my mansion in West Vancouver because I’m planning to live there with Wookie after our wedding. I want us to be away from Seoul; away from my selfish and very cruel father. I want to start my life there with her. I need all my back accounts, especially my Swiss account. It’s for Wookie and for our future kids and I want my company back. Kim Corporation is mine. I also need to get my shares from our other companies and from Kim-Lee International Financial Group”

 

Jongwoon told his lawyer.

 

“I have the right to do it, right?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Lawyer Jang nods at him.

 

“No matter what angle we look at it, you have the right to get it because those are your properties. But Jongwoon…”

 

Lawyer Jang sighs.

 

“Don’t forget that we’re dealing with your father. You don’t have enough power to go against him because you’re no longer a Kim. It was very clear that your father already disown you as his son”

 

Lawyer Jang reminds Jongwoon.

 

“I know, but it doesn’t mean that we cannot do anything about it. I will file a case against him for stealing my entire properties, for hurting the girl that I love and for killing my innocent child!”

 

Jongwoon told his lawyer, clenching his fist because of anger.

 

“Of course you can file a case against Mr. Kim, but we need witnesses that will prove that he really kills the innocent baby in Ms. Kim’s womb. If we win the case then there is a greater chance that you can get your entire properties back. But…”

 

Lawyer Jang shook his head.

 

“You need to prepare a lot of money for it and I cannot guarantee you that we will win because our enemy is your father. Don’t forget that he can always use his power to manipulate the situation, so it will favor him. He has lots of connections inside the Supreme Court and he knows a lot of powerful people and he can use that to win against you”

 

Lawyer Jang told Jongwoon because he really thinks that it will be impossible for them to win the case because their enemy is really powerful.

 

“Damn it!”

 

Jongwoon grits his teeth because of anger.

 

“Lawyer Jang…”

 

Jongwoon takes a deep breath, calming his self. He stares at his lawyer seriously. Lawyer Jang can see a great anger in Jongwoon’s eyes and he can feel Jongwoon’s determination to file a case against his father.

 

“I really don’t know how I will be able to win this battle against my own father. It’s really sad because I need to go against him. Mr. Kim needs to be punished for taking away the life of my unborn child and for hurting the girl that I love. It’s not about getting my properties back. I want him to pay all the damage and the pain that he has caused in our lives. He needs to pay. I want him to regret everything”

 

Jongwoon told his lawyer, clenching his fist because of anger.

 

“No matter what happen, please try to win the case for me. I don’t know how we are going to do that. But we should fight. I don’t know where I will get the money. All I can get is a witness and I’m going to talk to her. She can testify against Mr. Kim because she was there when the crime happens. She saw it with her own eyes”

 

Jongwoon told his lawyer.

 

“I will just give you a call if I already have the money. But please, starts processing the documents that we need for the case”

 

“Arasso. I will try my best Jongwoon. But I can never promise you anything because you know who our enemy is”

 

Lawyer Jang told Jongwoon. He keeps on reminding Jongwoon that they will go against Youngwoon because he doesn’t want Jongwoon to expect that they will win the case even though they can prove that Youngwoon really did the crime of killing the innocent baby inside Ryeowook’s womb. Youngwoon can always use his wealth and power to save his self.

 

“Just give me a call”

 

Lawyer Jang told Jongwoon who nods his head. Jongwoon stands up.

 

“Thank you so much Lawyer Jang”

 

Jongwoon told his lawyer. He reaches his hand out. Lawyer Jang stands up and shakes Jongwoon’s hand.

 

“Let’s try our best Jongwoon. Make sure that the witness is really willing to testify against your father, so we won’t have any problem when the trial begins”

 

Lawyer Jang told Jongwoon who nods his head again.

 

“Arasso”

 

Jongwoon escorted his lawyer out.

 

“Hi there Lawyer Jang! It’s good to see you”

 

Lawyer Jang smiles at Teukie who just arrive after her emotional and not so peaceful breakfast with her ex-husband. Lawyer Jang bows his head on Teukie.

 

“It’s good to see you Ms. Park”

 

Lawyer Jang told Teukie, smiling at her.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Teukie asks.

 

“Ah…Jongwoon just discuss an important matter with me”

 

Lawyer Jang answers Teukie.

 

“About?”

 

Teukie asks curiously, staring at Lawyer Jang and at her son. Jongwoon quickly avoids his mother’s eyes.

 

“I think I need to go now Ms. Park. I still need to do something important and I need to meet a client. It’s good to see you”

 

Lawyer Jang told Teukie. He pat’s Jongwoon’s shoulder and bows at Teukie before walking towards his car.

 

“Please go inside. Wookie is just preparing herself. She’ll be ready in a minute”

 

Jongwoon told his mother before going inside the house. Teukie follows him.

 

“What is it all about?”

 

Teukie asks. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“Jongwoon-ah, don’t lie to me. What is going on?”

 

Teukie asks, demanding her son to tell her the truth.

 

“I just discuss an important matter with Lawyer Jang. I ask him if I can still get my properties back. He told me that it will be impossible because your ex-husband will never give it back to me and he can always do something to make the situation favors him”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“I also want to file a case against your ex-husband for hurting Wookie, for killing our innocent and unborn child and for all the damage and pain that he has caused in our lives. But…”

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“It will be impossible to win against him. I don’t know how, but I will try”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“And where are you going to get the money to pay Lawyer Jang and to process the case?”

 

Teukie asks her son. Jongwoon shook his head sadly.

 

“I don’t know Ms. Park. But I will try to find ways”

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Teukie moves towards her son. She holds Jongwoon’s gorgeous face between her hands and smiles at him.

 

“We will fight your selfish father ok. Let me help you”

 

“No. You don’t need to do that. This is my fight and—“

 

“We will do it together. I am your mother. Your fight is also my fight. I will never let you do this alone ok. We will file a case. Younho and I will find ways for us to be able to win against him. I will call my lawyer and Younho and we will file a case”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“But Ms. Park—“

 

Teukie holds her son’s lips to stop him from talking.

 

“Let me protect you this time sweetheart. We will file the case right away. You go upstairs and check if Wookie is done preparing herself, so we can already leave. You and Wookie will have a date with me today ok. I’ll talk to my lawyer and to Younho while waiting for you and Wookie here at the living room”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon just stares at her.

 

“Leave this to umma. You go upstairs now ok”

 

Teukie kisses Jongwoon’s forehead before letting go of him. She smiles at him and gently pats his cheek before getting her mobile phone inside her handbag to give her lawyer and her husband a call. Jongwoon stares at his mother for the meantime before running upstairs to check his fiancée.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Ryeowook was inside the bathroom. She was sitting on the floor, holding her chest tightly. She is having a difficulty in breathing because she’s having a chest pain—the pain keeps on growing and she can’t even explain how painful it is. She feels like dying and she’s already sweating coldly.

 

“Please…no…”

 

Ryeowook whispers as she struggles to breath. She closes her eyes and leans her back on the wall, trying to calm herself.

 

“Why is this happening again? I thought my heart is…”

 

Ryeowook stops talking. She clenches her chest as the pain keeps on growing. Ryeowook starts coughing, feeling weak. She’s having a hard time breathing because of her chest pain.

 

“Baby”

 

Ryeowook heard Jongwoon’s voice. She heard a soft knock on the door.

 

“Baby, are you done preparing yourself now? Ms. Park is already here. She’s waiting for us at the living room”

 

Jongwoon told his fiancé. Ryeowook didn’t answer.

 

“Baby”

 

Jongwoon keeps on knocking on the door.

 

“Is everything ok?”

 

Jongwoon asks, starting worry about Ryeowook because she’s not answering. Jongwoon holds the doorknob and tries to open it by force.

 

“Baby”

 

Ryeowook finally finds the strength to speak. She takes a long deep breath before continuing.

 

“I’m fine. Fifteen minutes more”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“Yes. Just wait for me ok. Fifteen minutes more”

 

Ryeowook told her fiancé. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“Ok. I’ll wait for you here in our room”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who nods her head weakly.

 

“Please, I need some strength. Please give it to me”

 

Ryeowook thought. She keeps on taking deep breaths while praying in her mind. She hopes that she can recover her strength and her chest pain will go away.

 

“Why is this happening again? I need to live. I must not die. Jongwoon needs me”

 

Ryeowook thought. Tears start forming in her eyes. It’s not her first time having chest pain and difficulty in breathing. She was diagnosed to have a weak heart when she was still a kid. She undergoes some treatment and medication. But eventually it stops because her aunt can no longer afford it since they are poor. In spite of having a weak heart, Ryeowook still grows happily and she still manages to enjoy life. The last time that she visits a doctor is when she’s fifteen years old and the doctor told her that she’s already fine. Her heart is getting better. She never experience having chest pain and difficulty in breathing and that’s why she thought that her condition is already 101% better.

 

“Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook whispers softly. Nobody knows about her condition except her and her late aunt. Even her Mouse Rabbit family is not aware about her having a weak heart when she was still a kid. She never bothers telling it to them because she knows that she’s already healthy and her heart is already fine and there’s no need to worry about. She also doesn’t want them to worry about her and she doesn’t want to think about it because she wants to be happy always.

 

“Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook whispers softly again. The pain in her chest is starting to fade and she can already breathe properly. Ryeowook slowly takes long deep breaths and slowly open her eyes.

 

“I’m ok”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She wipes the tears that fall down from her eyes and slowly stand up.

 

“I will be ok”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She stares at the mirror and washes her face on the sink. She takes paper towels to dry her beautiful face. Ryeowook comb her hair and put lip gloss on her lips and powder on her beautiful face, so she won’t look pale. She takes a deep breath and smiles at herself through the mirror before going out of the bathroom.

 

“Are we leaving now?”

 

Ryeowook asks her fiancé who is sitting on their bed, busy reading a book. Jongwoon nods his head and folds the page that he is currently reading before closing the book. He puts the book under his pillow and stands up. He looks at Ryeowook.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Jongwoon asks with concern. He walks towards the girl he loves and holds her hands.

 

“Your hands are cold”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He leads Ryeowook towards their bed and told her to sit down in which she obeys. Jongwoon sits beside her and holds her hands to keep it warm.

 

“Are you sick?”

 

Jongwoon asks while staring at Ryeowook worriedly.

 

“You look pale baby. What happen?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“Nothing”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“I just feel a bit dizzy awhile ago. Maybe lack of sleep and stress. I’m just excited for our wedding, that’s why”

 

Ryeowook lied. Yes, she is indeed excited on her upcoming wedding to Jongwoon. But she needs to lie because she doesn’t want Jongwoon to worry about her. Jongwoon is already thinking a lot of things and she doesn’t want to add up to her fiancé’s burden.

 

“Are you sure that you’re fine?”

 

Jongwoon asks, kissing Ryeowook’s hand softly. Ryeowook nods her head and smiles sweetly to take Jongwoon’s worry away.

 

“I’m sure”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Honestly…”

 

Jongwoon sighs.

 

“You don’t need to agree with Ms. Park about us having a date with her today. You can just stay here and take a rest. I can tell her that you’re—“

 

Ryeowook kisses Jongwoon’s lips to stop him from talking.

 

“It’s not good if we cancel our date with her today because she prepares this day for us. I just want you to have a good time with your mom and enjoy being with her”

 

“But—“

 

“Jongwoonie, please don’t argue with me anymore. You also agree with it, so why are you complaining all of a sudden?”

 

Ryeowook asks as she pouts at her fiancé. Jongwoon sighs.

 

“I agree because you agree on it. It’s not like I want to go out with her ok”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Stop being awkward and cold with your mom”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. She smiles at him and holds his gorgeous face between her hands.

 

“She’s trying her best, so please let her do it. Ms. Park is your mother. Let her be a mother to you. You don’t need to accept if you can’t still accept. But let her do her best to be a mother to you. Give her a chance. It’s not bad at all. She’s so sweet you know and I really like her”

 

Ryeowook told her fiancé, smiling at her.

 

“Ok. I will try not to be awkward and cold. I hope I can do it”

 

“Of course you can because you love her. You love her so much. I know you do and I know that you care about her even if you won’t say a word”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon who blushes a little. Of course he is concern about his mother. He cares a lot about his mother no matter how much he denies it and Ryeowook knows that. Ryeowook also knows that Jongwoon is happy because Teukie is there for him. Jongwoon is just shy to show it, but he is really happy that finally his mother is already by his side.

 

“Ok. We need to go downstairs now. Your mom is waiting for us”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon happily. She stands up.

 

“Come on. You stand now. I’m not that strong to carry you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon while happily pulling his hand. Jongwoon laughs softly and stands up. He softly kisses Ryeowook’s hand and holds it tight.

 

“I love you”

 

“I love you too”

 

Ryeowook smiles at Jongwoon, forgetting about what happen to her earlier.

 

“Ok. Let’s go”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook happily as they leave their bedroom together to meet Teukie at the living room and have a date with her.

 

~~~

 

*SHILLA HOTEL*

 

 

Sungmin was staring at the beautiful design of her vintage wedding gown. She wants a vintage theme for her wedding and she wants her wedding gown not to be simple. She wants it to be extravagant because she wants a very luxurious wedding. She will wear two luxurious gowns and one cocktail dress on her wedding day. First is her wedding gown and then she will change after the wedding ceremony and wear her gown for the reception and finally the baby pink cocktail dress that she will wear for the party in Jeju Island after the reception.

 

“It’s so beautiful and it will be perfect on me. How about the bridesmaids’ gown?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“I want my best friend’s gown to be different from the bridesmaids. I want it special because she’s my maid of honor”

 

Sungmin told the wedding designer who nods her head happily.

 

“No problem Ms. Lee. Everything that you want for your wedding will be granted”

 

The wedding designer told Sungmin happily.

 

“Ok. Since our appointment with you is done, maybe you can leave now because I need to have a private meeting with my dad and my father in law”

 

Sungmin told the wedding designer. Youngwoon and Mr. Lee look at Sungmin who is smiling at them.

 

“I’ll see you soon Ms. Lee”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin smiles at her wedding designer. Youngwoon told one of his Personal Assistants to the wedding designer out of the private room.

 

“So, is there something that you want to tell us?”

 

Youngwoon asks his soon to be daughter in law before taking a sip on his wine.

 

“Is everything ready for my wedding?”

 

Sungmin asks. Her father nods his head happily.

 

“Yes sweetheart. You don’t need to worry about it. The plane tickets and accommodations for the guests are ready as well as the cathedral and the reception. We will be flying in Jeju Island after the reception to have party with our relatives and close friends and some of your father in law and I’s business partners and other CEOs. I’m sure that they will love to see Jongwoon”

 

Mr. Lee told her daughter happily.

 

“How about my groom?”

 

Sungmin asks, staring at her soon to be father in law. Youngwoon smiles at her.

 

“No need to worry sweetheart. Jongwoon will be there on the day of the wedding. I promise that he will be there. I will bring him home soon whether he likes it or not”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin, assuring her that the wedding will really happen.

 

“Jongwoon can’t go far away from me. I will catch him no matter what happen”

 

“I just want to be sure appa. I don’t want to lose on that poor girl”

 

Sungmin told Youngwoon.

 

“Jongwoon is mine not hers”

 

Sungmin told her soon to be father in law. Youngwoon nods his head while smiling at Sungmin.

 

“I told you not to worry anymore. Jongwoon is yours and he will be yours. You’re meant to be together and not that poor girl. Your dad and I will bring him back no matter what it takes. I will win this game sweetheart. I am Kim Youngwoon and nobody can go against me, not even my own son”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin happily.

 

“Why don’t we have a toast?”

 

Mr. Lee asks as he raises his glass of wine.

 

“This is for my daughter and her marriage to Jongwoon”

 

Mr. Lee told them. Sungmin smiles at her father and raises her glass of wine.

 

“Ok. Let’s have a toast for the success of the wedding of Jongwoon and Sungmin”

 

Youngwoon told them happily. He raises his glass of wine as they make a toast. Youngwoon stares at his best friend and flashes his evil smile before drinking his wine. Mr. Lee nods his head happily because he knows that his best friend will finally execute their plan soon—to get rid of the trash and that is no other than  Kim Ryeowook, the girl that Jongwoon really loves and the girl that Jongwoon is willing to fight for.

 

~~~

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

Jongwoon asks Teukie who is busily reading a wedding magazine.

 

“We’re here to see a wedding designer”

 

Teukie answers.

 

“WEDDING DESIGNER? WHAT FOR?”

 

Jongwoon and Ryeowook shout in unison. Teukie smiles and puts down the magazine on her lap. She looks at her son and her soon to be daughter in law who are staring at her with wide eyes open. She can see the confusion in their eyes.

 

“I thought you want to have a date with us? But how come you’re bringing us in a wedding designer?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Teukie nods her head.

 

“Yes. This is part of our date”

 

Teukie told Jongwoon and Ryeowook.

 

“What are we going to do here? Why do we need to see a wedding designer?”

 

Jongwoon asks his mother. He has an idea what his mother is thinking and he doesn’t want her to do it. He doesn’t want his mother to spend a single cent for his wedding because he doesn’t want to receive any help from other people, especially to his mother.

 

“It’s for your wedding sweetheart. I want you to wear a beautiful tuxedo and I want Wookie to wear a beautiful wedding gown. Don’t worry because the design will be simple”

 

Teukie answers her son. Jongwoon frowns at his mother.

 

“I already have a formal suite. I borrow it from Siwon and its fine with me. Wookie will wear the simple white dress that I bought for her yesterday, so you don’t need to worry about her wedding dress. You see Ms. Park. Everything is fine for the wedding, so you don’t need to worry about it”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, controlling his temper. He has pride and he doesn’t want to accept any help from his mother.

 

“But I insist”

 

Teukie told her son. Ryeowook suddenly feels nervous when Jongwoon stands up. She stares at Jongwoon and he looks so serious. Teukie stares at her son nervously because Jongwoon is shooting her a serious glare—a glare that can kill someone.

 

“Why are you doing this? You want to buy me with your money huh? Do you think you can fill in the space that you left if you—“

 

Jongwoon stops talking when someone holds his hand. He looks at his fiancée. Ryeowook shook her head, telling Jongwoon not to throw a fight with his mother.

 

“Damn it!”

 

Jongwoon quickly pulls his hand away from Ryeowook’s grip and leaves the office of the wedding planner angrily. Teukie was about to stand up when Ryeowook speaks.

 

“Don’t follow him. He just needs to cool down his head and he will be fine again”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie.

 

“My son hates me that much, isn’t he?”

 

Teukie asks as she stares at Ryeowook sadly. Ryeowook shook her head and reaches for Teukie’s hand, holding it. She smiles at Teukie, making her feel at ease.

 

“Jongwoon is still adjusting to his situation. So please, stop thinking like that. I know that he is still awkward and cold towards you, but he is trying his best. Just give him some time and he will probably get used to it. It’s hard for him to adjust because you’ve been away from him for 19 years”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie, hoping that she will stop thinking that Jongwoon hates her.

 

“You see Ma’am. Jongwoon is the type of person who is not really showy. It’s really hard for him to express his self and he can be a cold person sometimes. But I’m sure that he is really happy and thankful to have a mom like you and he is happy that you’re here with him. He is just afraid to show it. But I know that he is happy and he cares about you that much”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie, making her smile.

 

“Your son really has a very high pride…pride higher than the sky. He is not used to accept help from other people even though he is already having a hard time. He always shows the people that he is strong even though he is already weak. He shows the people that he can still do it and he can still manage even though he really needs help so badly. I guess he is such a hard headed boy”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie, making her laugh softly.

 

“Just like his father. Youngwoon is really like that. I guess Jongwoonie gets that attitude from his dad”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook as they smile at each other.

 

“But honestly Ma’am…”

 

Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“You don’t need to do this. Jongwoon and I are already fine with the clothes that we’re going to wear on our wedding day. You don’t need to bother about it. We don’t need a luxurious tuxedo and wedding gown. What matters most is we’re going to be husband and wife soon”

 

Ryeowook told her soon to be mother in law. Teukie stares at Ryeowook and she can’t help but to compare her to Sungmin. She really thinks that Sungmin has no match to Ryeowook even though she has everything and she finally understands why Jongwoon loves Ryeowook and not Sungmin.

 

“But I still insist. Just accept it as a wedding present from me. Please”

 

Teukie told her soon to be daughter in law, hoping that Ryeowook will accept her offer. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“Let’s leave the decision to your son Ma’am”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie.

 

“Stop calling me that. You’re going to be my daughter in law soon, so stop calling me Ma’am. Starting today, you need to call me umma and you need to get used to it”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook who nods her head.

 

“Yes umma. I’m happy to have a mother like you”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie, smiling sweetly at her.

 

“Now…”

 

Teukie happily pats Ryeowook’s hand.

 

“Tell me more about you. I want to know you sweetheart”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook.

 

“What do you want to know about me umma?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Anything”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook.

 

“Well, I’m just a simple poor girl. I study at Seoul University. I’m a scholar there and I’m taking up Education”

 

“You want to be a teacher?”

 

Teukie asks. Ryeowook nods.

 

“Yes umma. I want to be a teacher. A kindergarten teacher. I love kids”

 

Ryeowook told her soon to be mother in law happily. Teukie nods her head happily, signaling Ryeowook to continue talking.

 

“I’m an orphan. My father passed ahead when I was ten and my mother follows him in heaven when I was eleven. My aunt was the one who took care of me. But she also passed ahead when I was seventeen and from then on, I learn to stand on my own feet. I work at Mouse Rabbit to support myself and my studies”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie with teary eyes, missing her parents and her aunt.

 

“Oh! Sorry to hear that sweetheart”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook sadly.

 

“It’s ok umma. You see. I thought that I wouldn’t be able to have a family again. I thought that I’m going to be alone for the rest of my life. But I was wrong because I have a Mouse Rabbit family. I have Jongwoon and of course you”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie, smiling at her sweetly. Teukie smiles and nods her head.

 

“Thank you sweetheart. Don’t worry because I can be your mom too. I’m going to try my best to be a good mother to you and to Jongwoonie”

 

Teukie told her soon to be daughter in law.

 

“Thank you so much umma”

 

Ryeowook smiles at her soon to be mother in law.

 

“Can I give you a hug?”

 

Teukie asks. Ryeowook nods happily. Teukie stands up and transfer on the couch beside Ryeowook and hugs her tight.

 

“My Jongwoonie is really lucky to have you. I’m so happy for him”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook. She stares at her and holds her hands happily.

 

“Did I ever tell you that you resemble someone that I know?”

 

Teukie asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“Who?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Teukie stares at her and she really can see Yoonji on her.

 

“It’s nothing”

 

Teukie shook her head.

 

“Just someone I know. But we’re not actually close to each other”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook who just stare at her blankly.

 

“Never mind”

 

Teukie laughs softly.

 

“Don’t mind me ok”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook and hugs her tight again. She is happy because she will have a very loving daughter in law and she also feels happy for her son because Jongwoon will have a very wonderful wife. Jongwoon finally goes back inside the office of the wedding designer after cooling his head and after thinking. He smiles upon seeing Ryeowook and Teukie hugging each other.

 

“Jongwoon is back”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie. They let go of each other and stares at Jongwoon who is already walking towards them.

 

“So, are you going to accept my offer now?”

 

Teukie asks nervously as she stares at her son’s serious face. Jongwoon looks at Ryeowook who smiles at him before staring at his mother who is waiting for his answer.

 

“Sorry for being a short tempered man. It’s just that…sorry”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, apologizing to her even though he doesn’t know how he will express his self and what are the right words to say.

 

“And?”

 

Teukie asks.

 

“And…”

 

Jongwoon takes a deep breath before continuing.

 

“I made up my mind. I will accept your offer in one condition”

 

“What condition?”

 

Teukie asks.

 

“You will join me and Wookie for lunch. I am the one who will choose the place and I am the one who will treat you. Just to be fair because I don’t want to owe you something”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“But you don’t owe me anything sweetheart”

 

“Do we have a deal Ms. Park?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He will not let his mother win. Teukie stares at her son. She really thinks that Ryeowook is right. Jongwoon’s pride is higher than the sky.

 

“No wonder he is the son of Kim Youngwoon. They are really the same. Both are hard headed and both have a pride higher than the sky”

 

Teukie thought as she stares at her son.

 

“What Ms. Park? Are you not going to say anything? Because if you will not speak, I’ll take that as a yes”

 

“Ok”

 

Teukie smiles at her son and nods her head happily.

 

“We have a deal sweetheart. I’ll take it”

 

Teukie told her son happily. She was shock when Jongwoon smiles at her. Jongwoon gets a magazine on the magazine rack before sitting happily on the couch that was in front of Ryeowook. He was busy reading magazine when someone kicks his foot. He looks at his fiancée who is giving him a questioning look. Ryeowook was curious on her fiancé is planning.

 

“What are you planning?”

 

Ryeowook mumbles. Jongwoon smiles at her.

 

“Ms. Park will love it”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook before winking at her. Teukie coughs softly to catch their attention. Ryeowook and Jongwoon look at her.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

Teukie asks curiously. Jongwoon and Ryeowook shook their head.

 

“NOTHING!”

 

They shout in unison, making Teukie laugh softly.

 

“You guys are really adorable”

 

Teukie told them.

 

“You look like a stage mother don’t you know that?”

 

Jongwoon asks his mother before focusing his attention on the magazine that he was reading. Teukie stares at her son blankly because she doesn’t understand what Jongwoon means by ‘stage mother’.

 

“Don’t mind him umma. He’s just really weird”

 

Ryeowook whispers on Teukie’s ear. Teukie laughs softly and stares at her soon to be daughter in law.

 

“Is it ok if we have a girl bonding after our lunch?”

 

Teukie asks.

 

“I just want to know more about you and Jongwoon, please”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook.

 

“No problem umma. Today is my day off. We can have time together”

 

Ryeowook told her soon to be mother in law happily. Teukie holds Ryeowook’s hands happily.

 

“It’s just the two of us. Mother and daughter. Don’t worry about Jongwoonie. I’ll be the one who will talk to him later and ask for his permission”

 

Teukie told her soon to be daughter in law happily. Jongwoon stares at Ryeowook and Teukie and he really thinks that they are crazy, but he feels happy to see them close to each other and happily chatting with each other. Jongwoon is happy to see Ryeowook happy and of course his mother happy and he really misses Teukie’s smile and laughter, thinking when is the last time that he saw his mother’s smile and hear her laughter.

 

“It’s good to have her back”

 

Jongwoon told his self. He smiles inwardly and focuses his attention back on the magazine while they wait for the wedding designer to arrive.

 

~~~

 

After the appointment at the wedding designer, Jongwoon brings Ryeowook and Teukie at the small restaurant for them to have lunch—it is the small restaurant wherein Jongwoon drinks soju before when Ryeowook breaks his heart.

 

“You’re not supposed to bring umma here. She’s not used to an environment like this”

 

Ryeowook whispers softly on Jongwoon’s ear. They both stare at Teukie who is looking around, observing the place while sitting on a chair. It seems that she’s not comfortable because the place is really crowded and she’s not used to go in a place that has a lot of people and not to mention that she’s not eating in a small restaurant. It’s her first time visiting that kind of place and that’s why she feels really uncomfortable and the people around is not the type of people she used to socialize with.

 

“That’s why she needs to learn. If I manage to adapt to this kind of environment and lifestyle, why can’t she?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“But baby, umma is different from you ok. So please, don’t compare”

 

Ryeowook told her fiancé.

 

“Well, I’m afraid that she needs to get used to it. I don’t have much money to treat her in a very expensive restaurant. I can only afford to treat her here and beside…”

 

Jongwoon smiles like a kid.

 

“I want to eat ramen, tteokbokki, kimbap and kimchi”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook happily. Ryeowook smiles and gently pinches Jongwoon’s cheek.

 

“You’re so cute…just like a kid”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling brightly at him.

 

“Ah sweetheart”

 

Teukie holds her son’s hand to catch his attention. Jongwoon looks at his mother. Teukie smiles weakly at him.

 

“What are we doing in this kind of place?”

 

Teukie asks curiously, still roaming her eyes around the place.

 

“We’re here to have lunch”

 

Jongwoon answers his mother’s curiosity. Teukie stares at Jongwoon blankly. She doesn’t understand why on earth they need to have lunch in a small restaurant that is really crowded.

 

“Why here?”

 

Teukie asks. Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon who smiles at his mother.

 

“Ms. Park, I told you that I will be the one who will choose the place for us to have lunch and I’m going to treat you. You agree on it. This is the place where I want to bring you and I can’t afford to buy you a very expensive and luxurious lunch. But don’t worry because the food here is very delicious and I’m sure that you’re going to love it”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“Well, maybe I can just for a reservation at the Bien-etre or Paris Grille. I can treat you lunch”

 

Teukie offers, but Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“We have a deal Ms. Park. There’s nothing wrong if we eat here and it’s not bad at all if you eat something that you don’t usually eat. The ahjusshi here is very nice. He is our friend, right baby?”

 

Jongwoon asks Ryeowook who nods her head happily. The ahjusshi of the restaurant arrive with two waiters to serve their lunch.

 

“Ahjusshi, I want you to meet my mother, Park Jungsoo”

 

Jongwoon told the old man who is the owner of the small restaurant. The old man stares at Teukie. He bows at her and smile brightly.

 

“It’s nice to meet you Ms. Park. You’re very beautiful in person. This is the only time that I’m going to see you and you’re very lovely. No wonder Jongwoon is such a gorgeous young man because he has a very beautiful mother”

 

The old man told Teukie, complimenting her and praising her beauty.

 

“Thanks a lot ahjusshi”

 

Teukie told the old man, blushing a little.

 

“Please enjoy your lunch. We made it with love and I guarantee you that it’s very delicious. Jongwoon and Wookie used to have date here and eat ramen”

 

The old man told Teukie.

 

“It’s your son’s favorite food. He loves eating ramen, tteokbokki, kimbap and kimchi. That’s the usual food that he eats here with Wookie”

 

The old man whispers to Teukie.

 

“Have a good lunch with your son and future daughter in law”

 

The old man told Teukie who nods at him.

 

“Enjoy your lunch love birds. Have a good lunch with the beautiful lady”

 

The old man told Jongwoon who is already eating happily and to Ryeowook who is smiling at him. Jongwoon gives the old man a thumb up. The old man smiles at them and bows his head before walking away. Ryeowook gets her chopsticks. She was about to start eating her lunch when she notices Teukie staring at the food and then to her chopsticks and then to Jongwoon who is eating happily. Ryeowook gently elbows Jongwoon to stop him from eating and to catch his attention. Jongwoon stops eating and looks at Ryeowook curiously. Ryeowook stares at her soon to be mother in law. Jongwoon also stares at his mother. Teukie smiles at him.

 

“Go on. Just keep eating. I’ll just watch you. You look like a kid, don’t you know that? So cute”

 

Teukie told her son happily. She gets a tissue and happily wipes Jongwoon’s lips.

 

“This is my first time seeing you eating you like a kid and it’s really priceless”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon just look away and continue eating. Teukie looks at Ryeowook.

 

“I’m ok. You can eat now sweetheart. Don’t mind me”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook happily as she stares at her ramen again—it was a very strange food to her. She never eats ramen. All the food the Jongwoon ordered are all strange to her. It’s her first time seeing those kinds of food.

 

“Umma, are you sure that you’re fine?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Well, the foods are all strangers to me. I mean, I’ve never eaten a ramen before and rice cakes and…well…”

 

Teukie smiles at Ryeowook.

 

“Oh! So, you’re like Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook laughs softly.

 

“Why?”

 

Teukie asks curiously.

 

“I just remember the first time that Jongwoon eats a ramen. I also remember the first time that he eats tteokbokki and the first time that we have a date on the street and eat a lot of street foods…foods that he is not familiar with and foods that he is not used to eat”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie as she starts eating her lunch.

 

“You go out and have a date on the street?”

 

Teukie asks her son. She can’t believe that Jongwoon will do it. She knows that Jongwoon is not used to go in the places that poor people usually go and places that are really crowded. Jongwoon nods his head happily.

 

“It was really fun Ms. Park. It’s more fun rather than having a date in a luxurious restaurant or malls. It was so amazing. That was the best date ever. People are looking at us because we’re wearing formal clothes. I was about to have date with Wookie at Bien-etre at that time. But she told me that she will treat me dinner. She brings me to that place and we eat foods that our chef never even cooked. It was fun and really amazing”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie stares at her son. She feels happy because she can see that her son is happy. She suddenly remembers Youngwoon and Yoonji. Youngwoon used to tell him before that Yoonji brings him to a place wherein he eats food that he doesn’t usually eat and food that their chefs never even cooked. Youngwoon is very happy at that time just like Jongwoon.

 

“I wonder…if our fathers didn’t force us to marry each other, maybe I’m not Jongwoonie’s mother. It will be Yoonji-shi and maybe, Jongwoonie will never suffer and he can be with Wookie freely. Youngwoon will never do to Jongwoon what appa did to him. If only I can bring back the time, I wish to do something that will help Youngwoon and Yoonji-shi to be together, so Jongwoon will always smile like that and I’m sure that Youngwoon will never turn into a monster and Jongwoon will never grow up in a broken family”

 

Teukie thought as tears start forming in her eyes while staring at her son. She suddenly blames herself for all Jongwoon’s suffering and for everything that happen between her and Youngwoon and between Youngwoon and Yoonji.

 

“Maybe Youngwoon is right. If I didn’t become part of his life, maybe he and Yoonji are happy and Jongwoon will also be happy and not like this”

 

Teukie told herself. If only she agree to elope with Younho on the night before her wedding then Youngwoon will have the chance to be with Yoonji and they wouldn’t end up marrying each other. But she becomes cowards because she got scared of the thing that might happen and that’s why she stays in Seoul and marry Youngwoon even though it’s both against their will.

 

“Youngwoon is right. I am selfish…so selfish. I am the one who deserve to suffer and not my Jongwoonie”

 

Teukie thought while controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Umma”

 

Ryeowook holds Teukie’s hand to catch her attention because she was spacing out.

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Teukie stares at Jongwoon and Ryeowook who are staring at her worriedly.

 

“Yes I am. I just remember something. Don’t mind me. I am ok”

 

Teukie told them.

 

“Why are you not yet eating?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“Give it a try Ms. Park. I’m telling you. It’s very delicious”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie smiles weakly at him. She holds her chopsticks and shows it to Jongwoon.

 

“OMO! I forgot. You don’t know how to use chopsticks”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. He stands up and sits beside Teukie.

 

“I will feed you”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. He gets Teukie’s chopsticks and starts feeding his mother.

 

“Say ah”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie just stares at his son blankly. She was just surprise because Jongwoon volunteers to feed her.

 

“Ms. Park, you open your mouth. How are you supposed to eat if you will not open your mouth?”

 

Jongwoon asks his mother. Teukie smiles and opens , feeling happy because her son is feeding him. Ryeowook smiles as she happily watches Jongwoon feeding his mother.

 

“So sweet”

 

Ryeowook thought while smiling brightly.

 

“So, how was it?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Teukie smiles brightly. She takes a sip on her water before speaking.

 

“Wow! It was really great. You’re right. It’s very delicious”

 

Teukie told her son happily.

 

“I told you. You’re going to love it”

 

Jongwoon told his mother as he continues feeding her.

 

“You should learn to use chopsticks. You see. Wookie was the one who teach me how to use a chopsticks and I’m already expert on it. Sometimes, you should also eat the food that you’re not used to eat and do the things that you don’t usually do for you to realize that those things are more wonderful than the things that you’re born with”

 

Jongwoon told his mother happily.

 

“Seriously, people will think that my girlfriend is an old lady”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, teasing her happily. Ryeowook laughs softly.

 

“KIM JONGWOON!!! I’M NOT THAT OLD OK!!!”

 

Teukie shouts. People stare at them. She suddenly blushes and bows her head as an apology while flashing a weak smile at them. Teukie gently hits her son’s arm.

 

“Yah! That was a very abusive act Ms. Park”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, teasing her more.

 

“Stop teasing me ok”

 

Teukie told her son, pouting at him.

 

“I’m just kidding. You don’t need to shout. Don’t call me Kim Jongwoon. It’s just Jongwoon because I’m no longer a Kim. Don’t forget that”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“Maybe your surname will suit me. Park Jongwoon”

 

“How about Jung?”

 

Teukie asks. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“Park is better than Jung”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie holds Jongwoon’s hand.

 

“Sweetheart, your uncle Younho and I are processing your adoption papers. We will adopt you because that’s the only way that I can get your custody since your father already disown you as his son. It only means that you don’t have a family anymore and I’m already free to adopt you. You see. You and Wookie can leave with me and Younho in New York. You can start a new life there. You can inherit my entire wealth because you’re my son and you’re my only child”

 

Teukie told her son, explaining hers and Younho’s plan for Jongwoon.

 

“It’s not a bad idea sweetheart. You can already escape from your father and we can be together now”

 

Teukie told her son. Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon sadly. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“You don’t need to do that because I will still choose Mr. Kim no matter what happen and you know that”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, breaking her heart.

 

“Why? Don’t you love me sweetheart? I long for you and you know that. Now that I finally found a chance to get your custody and to be with you, you’re telling me that you’re not going with me? Why do you always choose your dad and not me? I need you sweetheart and you know that. Younho and I can also give you the life that Youngwoon gave you”

 

Teukie told her son with teary eyes. She feels sad and hurt because she already found an opportunity to be with Jongwoon and to take him away from her selfish and cruel ex-husband, but Jongwoon doesn’t want her to make that opportunity possible. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“It’s not about wealth and power Ms. Park. I have my own reason why I want to stay with Mr. Kim. I really don’t care if you and Mr. Jung can also give me the life that Mr. Kim gave me. I understand that you need me and that you long for me. But I will still choose Mr. Kim”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“Tell me why”

 

Teukie told her son, demanding for an answer.

 

“Can we just stop talking about this? I don’t want to talk about it anymore. I don’t want to think that I live in hell for having a broken family. I am the one who suffer because of you and Mr. Kim, so please…”

 

Jongwoon stares at his mother with teary eyes.

 

“Let’s stop talking about this because I don’t want to think about it anymore. Just let me live peacefully and happy ok”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. He stares at Ryeowook who is staring at him sadly.

 

“I need to go now baby. I need to meet Minnie. I need to talk to her to testify against dad. She and Sulli are the only witness that we have. I’ll just see you later. Have fun with Ms. Park”

 

Jongwoon told his fiancée. He stands up and moves towards Ryeowook. Jongwoon kisses Ryeowook’s lips before leaving the restaurant.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin was sitting on her bed while talking to her best friend over the phone.

 

“Bora, I know that you’re busy. But please, I want to make sure that you will be in my wedding. You need to promise”

 

Sungmin told her best friend. Bora smiles and nods her head.

 

“I will be there. I won’t miss that special day darling, so don’t worry ok. So, how much money is your groom willing to spend on the wedding? I think it’s a very extravagant wedding because some people just visit me at home to get my body measurement. They told me that it’s for my gown”

 

Bora told her best friend, feeling excited for Sungmin’s wedding. Sungmin flashes a bright smile.

 

“Jongwoon is willing to spend billions for the wedding because he knows that I want a very luxurious wedding. Come on. I’m Lee Sungmin, the well known and famous model and the only child of a well-known CEO. I deserve to have a very luxurious wedding. I want my wedding to be the wedding of the year and no one can ever beat it”

 

Sungmin told her best friend, feeling so proud. Bora nods her head.

 

“You have a very rich husband to be. He can even buy you an island instantly. He has billions of dollars in his bank accounts and he can give you everything. Mind you. Jongwoon-shi is the ideal of every woman because you will live in a bed of roses if he becomes your husband. That is why, your wedding will be the wedding of the year or maybe wedding of the century. Nobody can ever beat it. Not even those celebrities”

 

Bora told her best friend happily. She really thinks that Sungmin is very lucky because she will marry a very rich man.

 

“Mind you darling, even his ancestors are totally rich”

 

“I am also rich”

 

“But he is richer than you”

 

“I know”

 

Sungmin pouts cutely.

 

“Wait a second Bora. I have a pending call. I just need to answer it. Don’t hang up ok”

 

“Ok”

 

Sungmin hold Bora’s call to answer her pending call from an unknown number.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

Sungmin answers the call.

 

“Minnie”

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened upon hearing Jongwoon’s voice.

 

“Jongwoon?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon uses a payphone in order to call Sungmin.

 

“Yes it’s me. Did I disturb you?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin shook her head and smiles brightly.

 

“No. Of course not. How may I help you?”

 

Sungmin asks happily.

 

“Are you busy right now?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin shook her head again.

 

“Not really. I’m just talking to Bora on the other line. But I’m not doing anything. Just sitting on my bed, doing nothing. Why?”

 

Sungmin asks, hoping that Jongwoon will ask her out.

 

“Perfect. Is it ok if we meet at the Tea Time? It’s an old tea house in Seoul”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin who nods her head happily.

 

“Sure. No problem. You give me the address because I’m not familiar to that place. I’ll just get a pen and paper”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon. She quickly gets off of her bed and gets her planner and pen inside a drawer.

 

“What’s the address?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon gives her the address. Sungmin writes it happily in her planner.

 

“Don’t tell anyone that you’re going to meet me. Can I trust you?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“Ok. Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you there”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon happily before hanging up. Sungmin goes back to Bora who is still waiting on the line.

 

“Bora, I need to go now. I need to do something and it’s very important”

 

“Ok. No problem. I’ll just see you when I arrive in Seoul”

 

“Arasso. Call me when you finally arrive here. My driver will fetch you. Bye”

 

Sungmin hangs up. She puts down her mobile phone on her bed before going inside her walk-in closet. Sungmin change her clothes and apply make-up on her beautiful space. She sprays her favorite perfume and gets one of her favorite Chanel handbag. She puts her things inside, including her mobile phone. Sungmin grabs her car key on top of the bedside table and happily leaves her room, feeling excited to see Jongwoon.

 

~~~

 

*TEA TIME*

 

 

“I miss you so much”

 

Sungmin told the man she loves most while hugging her tight. She stares at Jongwoon and smiles at him.

 

“It’s good to see you again”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon, feeling happy to see him. She was about to kiss Jongwoon’s lips, but Jongwoon quickly moves away and sit down on the chair.

 

“Please have a seat Minnie”

 

Jongwoon told his childhood friend. Sungmin roams her eyes inside the old tea house. She suddenly feels goose bumps because the place is really small and she can see ordinary people around them. They are all staring at her and Jongwoon, not because they know them or because Sungmin has bodyguards with her. It’s not also because they want to get an autograph, but because they are wondering what on earth Jongwoon and Sungmin are doing in a place like that—they are rich and influential and people like them don’t go in a very small and old tea house wherein an ordinary person used to hang out. They should be in a luxurious hotel or tea house because that’s where rich people like them belong and not in an ordinary tea house. Sungmin stares at Jongwoon before sitting on the empty chair.

 

“Do you really need to bring bodyguards with you?”

 

Jongwoon asks as he stares at Sungmin’s bodyguards who are guarding them from the people who are trying to go near them.

 

“Do you really need to invite me to a place like this? My God Jongwoon! This place is really…I can’t even find a word to say”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon. The waiter arrives to serve their tea. Sungmin just stares at her cup of tea. She doesn’t want to drink her tea because she doesn’t want to use the cup that an ordinary people use. She stares at Jongwoon who enjoys his tea quietly.

 

“You don’t need to pretend Jongwoonie”

 

Sungmin told her childhood friend. Jongwoon puts down his cup of tea and stares at Sungmin.

 

“Pretend?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin nods her head.

 

“I know that you’re having a hard time adjusting to your situation and adapting to this kind of environment. So stop pretending ok. Look at you. You look skinny and tired. Why do you need to do this when you can always go back at the Kim mansion and apologize to Youngwoon appa?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“He is willing to accept you again. You don’t need to be like this and live the life of the ordinary people. Don’t try to fit in Jongwoon because you’re not used to it. You’re not born in this kind of life. You were born rich and not poor like them”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon.

 

“Will you please stop talking like that?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He shook his head.

 

“You don’t know what kind of life that they are living, so don’t judge. Don’t look at them as if they don’t belong in the society because they are poor and you’re rich. Honestly, they act more educated than you”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin, shooting her a serious look.

 

“Why do you want to see me? To insult me and throw a fight with me? You want to see me because you want to show me that this is the life of a poor? You want to show me that you’re already getting used to it because of your other woman?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I want to talk to you”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

 

“About?”

 

Sungmin asks. Jongwoon takes a sip on his tea before speaking again.

 

“I’m filing a case against Mr. Kim for killing my innocent child and hurting the girl that I love. Now, I want you to testify against him”

 

Jongwoon told his childhood friend. Sungmin suddenly laughs.

 

“Wow! You want to use me against your father. How sure are you that I’m going to cooperate?”

 

Sungmin asks, giving Jongwoon a teasing smile.

 

“Minnie, please…”

 

Jongwoon holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“If I need to beg, I will do it. Just help me with this case. I need to give my unborn child a justice and if I win the case, I can already get my properties back. Please, you’re my only hope. I need your help”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin, begging her.

 

“You need my help?”

 

Sungmin asks as she raises an eyebrow.

 

“What for? So that other woman of yours will benefit? After all that accusation that you throw against me and after hurting me so badly, you will tell me to help you. Why will I do that?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“Minnie, please listen to me. You told me before that if you will have a chance to repay my innocent child’s life, you will do it. This is the chance Minnie. Please help me”

 

“No!”

 

Sungmin pulls her hands away from Jongwoon. She shook her head.

 

“Tell me Jongwoon. If I help you win the case against Youngwoon appa, are you going to tell me that you love me? Are you going to stay with me and leave that other woman of yours?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“You’re the other woman and not her”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

 

“But I am your fiancée. We are bound to marry each other”

 

“I know. But I love her and not you”

 

Jongwoon told his childhood friend, breaking her heart.

 

“But I will never let her win against me because you’re mine since the day you were born. We are meant for each other”

 

“How many times do I need to tell you to stop loving me because I can’t give you back the love that you always want to have? I love you Minnie, but as a younger sister and friend. That’s all. Why can’t you understand?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Sungmin smirks.

 

“Because I’m a hard headed girl and you know that. You will marry me whether you like it or not. You’re mine Jongwoonie and you can never escape from me”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon, smiling like a . Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“That thing will never happen. The only girl that I’m going to marry is Kim Ryeowook and not you Lee Sungmin. I love her and not you”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

 

“We will see Jongwoon. Tell your other woman not to be too confident because the war is not yet over. I will never let her win. You see. You’re mine and I’m going to get you back no matter what it takes. I will never let that poor girl take you away from me. I am Lee Sungmin, the cold hearted princess. What Sungmin wants, Sungmin gets and you should know that. I never lose to someone Jongwoon”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon.

 

“You know what Jongwoon? If only you will swallow your pride and ask Youngwoon appa for his forgiveness, that poor girl won’t suffer anymore and also you. But let see. I will make sure that I will win this game”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon. She stands up and moves towards Jongwoon.

 

“I’m sorry honey. But I can’t help you. You can never ask Sulli’s help because if you do, I’m sure that Youngwoon appa will throw her and her family at the street. Do you want that to happen huh? Do you want them to suffer just because of defending your other woman?”

 

Sungmin asks. She smiles at Jongwoon.

 

“I will see you in our wedding. I love you honey”

 

Sungmin holds Jongwoon’s gorgeous face between her hands. Jongwoon was about to push Sungmin away when one of her bodyguards put a gun behind his head. Jongwoon just stares at Sungmin who is smiling like a .

 

“Seriously, does my bodyguard need to threaten you with his gun just for you to give me a chance to kiss you?”

 

Sungmin asks Jongwoon who frowns at her. Sungmin smiles and softly kisses Jongwoon’s lips.

 

“See you on our wedding day”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon. She gently pats Jongwoon’s cheek and leaves the old tea house with her bodyguards.

 

~~~

 

*THE BRIGHT VISION GROUP OF COMPANIES*

 

 

Youngwoon was holding the documents that his lawyer gave him.

 

“So, my wife is planning to adopt my son because Jongwoon is no longer a Kim. I can say that she and her bastard husband are somehow wise enough. But…”

 

Youngwoon suddenly laughs.

 

“I will never let them do that. I will never give my son’s custody to her. Jongwoon will remain under my custody no matter what happen”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer.

 

“Don’t worry Mr. Kim because Judge Han already dismiss the case just before the hearing begins. Jongwoon will remain under your custody even though he’s no longer a Kim and the court will never allow your ex-wife or her husband to file a motion for reconsideration”

 

Youngwoon’s lawyer told him happily.

 

“And about the case that your son files against you this morning…”

 

“What case?”

 

Youngwoon asks. His lawyer opens his leather bag and gets another document and gives it to Youngwoon who reads it very carefully.

 

“Jongwoon is insane. He really wants to test my patience and my capabilities of doing things”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer while reading the case that Jongwoon files against him.

 

“Judge Han also dismisses the case and throws it at the trash bin. Nobody can go against you Mr. Kim because the law will always favor you”

 

“Of course…”

 

Youngwoon puts down the documents that he is holding on top of his head.

 

“Money can always buy them. If they go against me, they will know what will happen to them”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer. He laughs again.

 

“My son is just stupid for opposing me and going against me. He knows that he will never win. His mother can’t even defend him because she can’t do anything to do that. Teukie is just a piece of trash. I’m richer than her and more powerful than her. Her husband is nothing compare to me”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer, feeling proud of his self.

 

“I wonder what will be their reactions if they find out that the court throws the cases that they file against me at the trash bin”

 

Youngwoon suddenly flashes a smile.

 

“Aha!”

 

Youngwoon snaps his fingers happily.

 

“I think I should pay a visit and tell it to them personally, so I can see their reactions”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer as he laughs again. He opens his drawer and gets his check book and starts writing on it.

 

“Fifty million dollars for a job well done”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer. He signs the check and gives it to his lawyer.

 

“Thank you Mr. Kim”

 

“No problem”

 

Youngwoon puts the check book back inside his drawer. He locks it.

 

“I’ll see you around”

 

Youngwoon told his lawyer. He stands up and gets his car key on top of his desk as well as the two documents that his lawyer gave him and leaves his office happily.

 

~~~

 

*MOUSE RABBIT*

 

 

“JONGWOON HYUNG!!!”

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk shout happily upon seeing Jongwoon arrives at Mouse Rabbit. But their smile suddenly vanished when they notice Jongwoon’s sad face. Donghae pats Henry’s back gently and points his finger towards Jongwoon who is sitting quietly on the chair beside Zhoumi. They are already cleaning and Zhoumi is already doing the inventory and the sales report on that day.

 

“Hi Jongwoon. How’s your day today? Did you enjoy your date with your mom and Wookie?”

 

Zhoumi asks Jongwoon while busy doing his reports. He stops typing on his laptop when Jongwoon didn’t answer. He raises his head and looks at his friend. He notices Jongwoon’s sad face. Zhoumi looks at Donghae, Eunhyuk and Henry, asking for an answer, but they just shook their head.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Henry walks towards Jongwoon. He grabs a chair and sits down. Donghae and Eunhyuk stop doing their job for awhile. They also grab some chairs and sit down. They all stare at Jongwoon.

 

“How’s your meeting with Ms. Lee about her being the witness to the crime?”

 

Donghae asks.

 

“Wookie told us that you meet her. She went here with your mom”

 

Eunhyuk told Jongwoon.

 

“Minnie didn’t agree”

 

Jongwoon told them sadly.

 

“BUT WHY?”

 

Zhoumi, Henry, Donghae and Eunhyuk shout in unison.

 

“Well…”

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I guess it doesn’t matter anymore whether she agrees or not because the court already dismiss the case just before it begins and they just throw it away”

 

Jongwoon told them sadly. He shows them the letter that his lawyer gives him. He meets his lawyer first before he goes at Mouse Rabbit.

 

“It’s a letter from the court, informing me that they will not process the case and that the judge already dismiss it and throws the case in trash”

 

Jongwoon told them with teary eyes.

 

“I have no match against Mr. Kim. He is too powerful for me and I can’t even do anything to defend myself and the people that I love. I can’t even give justice to my innocent child”

 

“We can file for motion for reconsideration”

 

Henry told Jongwoon. Zhoumi, Donghae and Eunhyuk nod their head.

 

“All of us will help you shoulder the expenses”

 

Zhoumi told Jongwoon. Henry, Donghae and Eunhyuk nod, agreeing to their manager.

 

“I already talk to umma about it. We can hire another lawyer if you want”

 

Henry told Jongwoon.

 

“Don’t lose hope hyung. We will fight for justice”

 

“And we will make sure that we will win no matter what happen”

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk told Jongwoon who shook his head. He stares at them and flashes a sad smile.

 

“We already lose, just before the fight begins. You see. The court will not allow us to file a motion for reconsideration. It was written on the letter. Mr. Kim will do anything to win and protect his self because he is unfair, selfish and cruel. He will use his power to make the situation favor to him”

 

Jongwoon told them, clenching his fist. He just can’t help but to feel angry again towards his father and to hate Youngwoon that much because of what he is doing.

 

“Thank goodness you’re here!”

 

They all stare at the owner of the voice. They saw Teukie standing at the entrance, staring at Jongwoon sadly. She quickly walks towards her son and hugs her tight, controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Lawyer Jang told me what happen and my lawyers also told me about it”

 

Teukie told her son, feeling sad for him.

 

“I’m sorry. But I can’t do anything about it. Even Younho can’t do anything about it. I’m sorry my Jongwoonie. I’m sorry because I can’t even protect you. The court also denies my appeal for your adoption. He really doesn’t want to give you to me”

 

Teukie told her son sadly. She let go of Jongwoon when they heard someone clapping. They look around and found Youngwoon, smirking at them while clapping his hands.

 

“Wow! Is this a reunion of mother and son? How come the father is not even invited? We’re family here, right?”

 

Youngwoon asks sarcastically. Jongwoon quickly stands up. Teukie holds her son’s arm before he can go near Youngwoon.

 

“Sweetheart, please calm down”

 

Teukie whispers to her son. Donghae and Eunhyuk hold each other’s hand, feeling nervous.

 

“Honey Hae are we going to die now?”

 

Eunhyuk asks nervously. Donghae holds his hand tightly.

 

“At least we’re going to die together”

 

Donghae told Eunhyuk while staring at Youngwoon nervously.

 

“But how about our Minho?”

 

Eunhyuk asks, worrying about their adopted son. Donghae looks at Eunhyuk.

 

“Then no matter what happen, we can’t die now”

 

Donghae told Eunhyuk who nods his head.

 

“But if the situation gets worst then…”

 

Donghae taps Henry’s back. Henry looks at him.

 

“If my honey Hyukkie and I die tonight, please promise that you and our Mouse Rabbit family will take good care of our baby Minho”

 

Donghae told Henry.

 

“Yah! What are you talking about? Nobody will die”

 

Henry told them. Zhoumi stands up and walks towards Youngwoon who is already standing in front of Jongwoon and Teukie.

 

“Good evening Mr. Kim”

 

Zhoumi greets Youngwoon and bows at him.

 

“I’m sorry to inform you that we’re already close. Maybe you can go back tomorrow at eight in the morning”

 

Zhoumi told Youngwoon, hoping that he will already leave because Zhoumi is afraid that Youngwoon and Jongwoon will clash to each other again because all of them can already feel the tension between the two. Youngwoon looks at Zhoumi.

 

“Will you please shut up? I am not here for you. I just want to talk to my son and to my ex-wife. Don’t worry because—“

 

“DON’T CALL MY MOTHER A !”

 

Jongwoon shouts angrily, stopping Youngwoon from talking. Youngwoon smiles and looks at his son.

 

“So, you and your mother are in good terms now huh?”

 

Youngwoon asks, flashing a sarcastic smile. He looks at his ex-wife.

 

“Good for you . But I’m afraid that you can’t get our son’s custody”

 

Youngwoon told Teukie. He shakes his head.

 

“I will never give you our Jongwoonie. I am the one who stays with him when you leave, so you don’t have the right to take my son away from me”

 

Youngwoon told them. He shows them the documents that his lawyer gave him.

 

“You both want to go against me huh?”

 

Youngwoon asks. He happily tears the documents in front of Jongwoon and Teukie.

 

“But you will never win against me. How sad that the court dismiss the case just before it begins”

 

Youngwoon told them, teasing them happily.

 

“That’s because you’re being so unfair. You’re being too cruel. Why are you so coward Youngwoon? Why don’t you fight fairly huh? Why do—“

 

Teukie stops talking when Youngwoon raises his hand. He was about to slap her when someone holds his hand before it lands to Teukie’s beautiful face.

 

“Don’t you dare hurt my mother you ing jerk!”

 

Jongwoon told his father. Youngwoon stares at his son seriously. Jongwoon is also staring at him seriously.

 

“You will never hurt her again just like what you keep on doing before. I will never let you hurt my mother again”

 

Jongwoon told his father, gritting his teeth because of anger. Youngwoon quickly pulls his hand away from Jongwoon’s grip.

 

“You know son? These things will not going to happen and nobody will get hurt if you will stop being a hard headed boy and just go back home and marry Minnie”

 

“I will never marry the girl that I don’t love. I love Wookie and you should respect that. If you can’t accept her then don’t accept me as your son”

 

“Love?”

 

Youngwoon suddenly laughs. He stares at his son with teary eyes.

 

“What do you know about love?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“I’m the one who supposed to ask you that Mr. Kim. What do you know about love? A cold man with a heart of stone like you knows nothing about love because you’re selfish!”

 

Jongwoon told his father angrily.

 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about Jongwoon! You’re calling me selfish? But tell me. Who is really selfish between the two of us? Me or you? You see. Your love for her will only bring trouble. If you stop and just follow me then nothing bad will happen anymore. That girl will never suffer anymore. But you don’t want to listen to me and that’s why these things are happening. Now, who is selfish?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“You see. If you really love someone, you need to learn to let her go. She will only get hurt if you keep on loving her. Do you want to see the girl you love suffering?”

 

Youngwoon asks. He points his finger on his head.

 

“Think about it son. It’s not yet late. You can always go back and I am always willing to welcome you back in our house”

 

Youngwoon told his son. Jongwoon stares at his father seriously.

 

“I will never go back. I will fight for Wookie no matter what it takes”

 

Jongwoon told his father, making him laugh.

 

“I can’t believe that I raised a stupid son!”

 

Youngwoon told Jongwoon. He moves closer to him.

 

“If I were you, I will already stop because the more you try to go against me, the more people will suffer”

 

Youngwoon whispers to Jongwoon’s ear softly. Jongwoon hits Youngwoon’s face.

 

“OH MY GOD! SWEETHEART, STOP THAT!”

 

Teukie shouts. Zhoumi and Henry try to stop Jongwoon, but he manages to escape from them. Jongwoon grabs his father’s collar and pulls him up and pushes him hard on the wall. He stares at Youngwoon angrily.

 

“You will never hurt anyone!”

 

Jongwoon told his father, shooting him a deadly glare. Youngwoon smiles.

 

“I can never promise you that”

 

Youngwoon told Jongwoon, teasing him. Jongwoon raises his fist and was about to hit Youngwoon hard when someone hugs him from behind.

 

“Sweetheart, please stop now”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon slowly puts down his hand and let go of his father.

 

“We’re not yet over Jongwoonie. You need to think about it before it’s too late”

 

Youngwoon told his son. He wipes the blood on his lips and gently pats Jongwoon’s cheek before leaving Mouse Rabbit.

 

~~~

 

Teukie drops her son at Ryeowook’s house.

 

“I’ll see you on your wedding day”

 

Teukie told Jongwoon who just nods at her.

 

“Stop thinking about your father”

 

Teukie told Jongwoon who nods his head again. Teukie unbuckles her seatbelt.

 

“Come here. Let me give you a hug”

 

Teukie told her son, opening her arms. Jongwoon looks at his mother. He unbuckles his seatbelt and moves closer to his mother, allowing her to hug him.

 

“You and Wookie are going to be fine. Don’t worry anymore. You need to sleep tight. Have a goodnight rest. You should go inside now. It’s pretty late. She’s waiting for you”

 

Teukie told her son. She looks at Jongwoon.

 

“I love you sweetheart”

 

Teukie softly kisses her son’s forehead.

 

“Drive safely. Goodnight. Ms. Park”

 

Jongwoon told his mother sadly before going out of her car. He went inside the house sadly. He takes a rest at the living room before going upstairs. Jongwoon slowly went inside Ryeowook’s room. He closes the door gently and walks towards the bed. He sits beside Ryeowook who is already sleeping. Ryeowook falls asleep while waiting for Jongwoon.

 

“I’m sorry. You fall asleep while waiting for me”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He slowly gets the book away from Ryeowook’s hand and puts it on the bedside table. He starts Ryeowook’s hair while watching her sleep for awhile. Jongwoon smiles and kisses Ryeowook’s forehead before lying beside her. Jongwoon hugs Ryeowook while staring at her beautiful face.

 

“I love you baby”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“I love you too Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook slowly opens her eyes and stares at her fiancé.

 

“Sorry. Did I wake you?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“Did you already have dinner? I can cook for you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon who shook his head.

 

“I’m not hungry”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, smiling at her to hide his sadness. But Ryeowook can feel it no matter how much he tries to smile. Ryeowook moves closer to Jongwoon and hugs him tight.

 

“You don’t need to pretend. I can feel your pain. I know that you’re sad. I know what happen. Umma told me about it”

 

“It’s just so unfair baby”

 

“I know”

 

Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon sadly.

 

“Our baby is already an angel and he is already happy and free from pain. That’s already enough”

 

“Don’t you hate my dad?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook starts brushing a finger on Jongwoon’s eyebrow.

 

“I hate him because he is the reason why our innocent child died. But as time pass by, I learn to forgive him even though he’s not asking for it and you should do the same”

 

Ryeowook places her hand on Jongwoon’s chest.

 

“Our baby will never be happy in heaven if you will not take away all the hatred in your heart. Don’t hold grudge. Learn to forgive Mr. Kim. He is still your father and without him, you’re also not here. I know that he hurt all of us so badly and he is the reason why our baby died. But there is always a room for forgiveness because there is love”

 

Ryeowook told her fiancé. Jongwoon smirks.

 

“Love? Do you think I love that cruel man?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook asks.

 

“You just hate him. But deep inside, you love him and I know that. Tell me the reason why you will still choose your father and not your mother? He is cruel and selfish. But you will still choose him”

 

“It’s not about the power and wealth baby”

 

“I know. But tell me the reason behind it”

 

Jongwoon stares at Ryeowook who is waiting for his answer.

 

“I don’t want to leave appa because I know that he needs me. I know that he is powerful and very wealthy, but he doesn’t need those things. You see. Ms. Park has Mr. Jung while appa only has me. If I leave him, who will take good care of him and nothing will be left for him if I leave”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“And that’s why you love him because you care. You see baby. You need to learn to forgive your dad. He may be the worst man because he is too cruel and selfish, but he is still your father. He loves you and that’s the truth. He might not show it to you, but he loves you. If only you’ll take your hatred and grudge away in your heart then you will feel your father’s love for you. Maybe he didn’t become a good husband to umma, but I know that he tries his best to become a good father to you, so learn to forgive. Mr. Kim is only human and he is not perfect. I know that he is cold, but he also know how to be sad and get hurt”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“I’m not telling you to forgive him now. That thing will arrive at the right time. I just don’t want you to close your heart for him”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling at him.

 

“You will forgive him because you love him. There is forgiveness because there is love. Always remember that ok”

 

“Ok”

 

“You’re going to be fine”

 

Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“I will be fine as long as we’re together”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, embracing her.

 

“But you also need to be fine even though I’m no longer here with you”

 

Ryeowook thought as tears start forming in her eyes. She wraps her hands around Jongwoon, hugging him tight, cherishing her every moment with him.