Forever and Good bye (Chapter 15)

Forever and Good bye

Chapter 15

 

 

Jongwoon opens his yellow luggage that Siwon drops in Zhoumi’s condominium yesterday. It contains some of his stuff that his father gave to Siwon in order for him to give to Jongwoon. It’s some of his clothes and his small treasure box that he treasures most. The treasure box that is very important to him. Jongwoon gets his small treasure box inside his luggage and holds it on his hands while smiling like a kid. He suddenly remembers his childhood years. He was five when he saw that treasure box in a toy store when he went at the mall with his father. Since he wanted to be a pirate someday, he asks his father to buy that small treasure box for him. Jongwoon wants to be a pirate because for him, pirates are free. They can travel around whenever they wanted and they can do anything that they want without following a certain rule and Jongwoon wants that kind of setup because ever since he was a kid, he always follow a rule and he needs to do it or else his father will reprimand him and he’s afraid of that because for a five year old kid like him, Youngwoon is really scary when he gets mad. Jongwoon slowly opens his treasure box. There’s only one thing that you can find when you open Jongwoon’s treasure box and that is a picture; the picture of a happy family that was ruined by selfishness and too much hatred between the mother and the father. Jongwoon gets the picture of that happy family and stares on it.

 

“The once happy family that I’ve known”

 

Jongwoon told his self as he stares at the picture. It was their family picture. He was three at that time and they were spending a happy vacation in Italy. His dad was carrying him on his arms as his father and mother are sitting happily beside each other. They are all smiling at the camera and no one can ever say that the once happy family will become a nightmare.

 

“The happy family that becomes a nightmare because of selfishness and too much hatred. Seriously, do I really have a mom and a dad? It seems that I’m all alone since the day that I was born. I never had a family and I never had parents because I didn’t feel it. I didn’t even feel that they love me and I didn’t grow up in a family because Umma is away from me and she exchanges me to her other man while Appa only cares about his work, wealth and power and how he will strengthen it. The only family that I have is my driver, Siwon and my nanny”

 

Jongwoon told his self as tears start forming in his eyes. He remembers when he spends his Christmas alone. He was seven years old at that time and his parents are no longer together. They are already divorce. His mother is not with him because she was with her other man and she goes far away from them. His father went in Sydney to have a business trip with his other woman, leaving him alone in their mansion with the helpers, his driver and his nanny. Jongwoon just keep on crying all night because he already misses his mother and he’s so afraid because he’s all alone. He always told his self that his parents don’t want him anymore because they already leave him and the person who comforts him is no other than his nanny. His nanny told him that his parents didn’t leave him. They just need to live far away from each other for his own good and because they love him so much. His nanny was the one who told him to put his most valued treasure inside his treasure box and make a wish since it’s Christmas and if he will be a good boy, his wish will surely be granted. That’s what Jongwoon did. He gets his most valued treasure and that is their family picture in Italy and put it inside his treasure box and makes a wish. It is a wish that came from his heart and he really hope that one day it will be granted as he promise to the infant Jesus under their Christmas tree that he will be a good boy.

 

“I wonder if the infant Jesus heard my wish at that night or nanny was just kidding me so I’ll stop crying”

 

Jongwoon whispers. He continues to reminisce his childhood memories in which he never really enjoys; those memories that always bring tears into his eyes and pain into his heart every time that he’s going to remember it.

 

“Seriously, I have everything. I came from a very elite family. I have wealth, I have power and I can get what I want…except the love from my parents and the happiness that I always wanted and freedom. Looking back on those days, I just realize that I’m just rich. That’s all. I can’t even use my money to buy my parents’ love and to bring them back together. I can’t even use my money to buy their time and spend it with me. I can’t even use my money to buy happiness and that what makes me so poor even though I have everything”

 

Jongwoon told his self. He puts their family picture back in his treasure box. He was about to close it when he heard his mobile phone ringing. Jongwoon stares at the caller’s name; it was Sungmin. Jongwoon takes a deep breath and answers the call.

 

“Yeoboseo”

 

“Jongwoonie…”

 

Jongwoon can hear sadness in his childhood friend’s voice.

 

“What do you want from me? Are you going to beg me to say sorry to my father and go back at that ing house?”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin with coldness in his voice. Sungmin shook her head as she controls her tears from falling.

 

“I just want to hear your voice and check if you’re fine”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon, feeling so sad. She misses Jongwoon so much and it really hurts her knowing that Jongwoon needs to suffer like that. Sungmin only wants to love Jongwoon and for him to love her too. She loves Jongwoon ever since they we’re kids and she always dream to become Jongwoon’s wife someday and Jongwoon knows that, but the problem is he just can’t return the love that Sungmin wants from him because he only sees her as a friend and a little sister.

 

“I’m fine…I’m fine without you. I’m fine because I’m with the girl that I love. What else do you want to hear?”

 

Sungmin’s heart breaks into pieces upon hearing Jongwoon. Her tears start falling from her eyes because of those words. She just wants to hear Jongwoon’s voice and hoping to see him before she goes back in London. The real reason why Sungmin calls Jongwoon is because she wants to say goodbye to him. She decided to return in London and try to forget Jongwoon and fix everything for him, hoping that it’s not yet too late.

 

“I love you”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon before hanging up. Jongwoon just sighs and starts putting his clothes back inside his luggage when someone opens the door and went inside.

 

“Why are you already awake?”

 

Jongwoon stops what he’s doing and stares at the owner of the voice. He smiles brightly upon seeing the girl he loves most. Ryeowook closes the door and walks towards Jongwoon who is sitting on the bed. Ryeowook sits on Jongwoon’s lap.

 

“You’re supposed to be sleeping and taking a rest”

 

Ryeowook told her boyfriend as she holds his forehead, checking if Jongwoon is still hot. Ryeowook suddenly frowns when she notices Jongwoon wearing his Mouse Rabbit uniform.

 

“Why are you wearing your uniform?”

 

Ryeowook asks while frowning. Jongwoon smiles at her and wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

 

“I’m going to work today”

 

Jongwoon answers his girlfriend happily. Ryeowook locks her arms around Jongwoon’s neck and stares at him with worried face.

 

“You’re still sick. Just stay here and take a rest. I’ll be the one who will work”

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“Excuse me? Did I hear it right?”

 

Jongwoon raises an eyebrow.

 

“Who told you that you’re going to work? You’re the one who’s going to stay here. You’re the one who needs to take a rest for our little one”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He holds her tummy and gently rubs it, making Ryeowook smile.

 

“Seriously, when will your tummy grow big?”

 

Jongwoon asks while pouting. Ryeowook laughs softly and gently pinches Jongwoon’s nose.

 

“Why are you in a hurry huh?”

 

“That’s because I already want to see our baby. I’m really excited. I already want to hold him on my arms just like what I did to baby Minho”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook while smiling. He giggles happily upon remembering his self carrying the cute baby Minho on his arms.

 

“I also want our baby to be cute and adorable just like Hae and Hyukkie’s baby. Did you see me carrying baby Minho before? I can be a good daddy, right? I seriously can’t wait for our little one. I really want to see him soon and I’m really excited”

 

Jongwoon told his girlfriend before focusing his attention on her tummy.

 

“Little one, how are you? Did you have a nice sleep? You need to grow fast and healthy inside mommy’s womb. I really hope that you will be here soon. I’m so excited to see you and to carry you on my arms while singing lullaby and dancing to put you to sleep. I’m sure that it will be a great and lovely moment. I love you. Your mom and I love you”

 

Jongwoon smiles brightly. Ryeowook cups Jongwoon’s face and looks at him while smiling.

 

“I’m sure that you’re going to be a good daddy”

 

“You think so?”

 

Ryeowook nods happily and gently brushes her fingers on Jongwoon’s eyebrow.

 

“Yes I’m sure because you’re such a loving boyfriend and a very responsible man. I just hope our baby won’t be snobbish, serious and grumpy person like you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, teasing him.

 

“At least I’m not a very talkative person like you. Aish! So noisy”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook while pouting cutely. Ryeowook laughs softly while staring at him.

 

“I didn’t know that a snobbish, serious and grumpy CEO like you can be cute sometimes”

 

“Sometimes?”

 

Jongwoon coughs and gently flicks his girlfriend’s forehead.

 

“FYI Kim Ryeowook, I’m handsome, cute, lovely and very adorable man since birth”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook proudly. Ryeowook nods and gives him a sweet peck on his lips.

 

“I’m not going to complain because it’s true”

 

Ryeowook told her boyfriend while flashing a very sweet smile, making Jongwoon blush. He really loves the way Ryeowook smile; her smile always make Jongwoon’s heart jumps because of happiness and it’s really priceless for Jongwoon. Seeing Ryeowook’s smile makes him happy and strong. Jongwoon holds Ryeowook’s hand and softly kisses it.

 

“I love you Wookie. I love you so much. I always do”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook while looking into her eyes full of love for her. He holds her hand tightly.

 

“Let’s get married next month. I want us to be husband and wife for our little one. I want to marry you and I want us to be together forever. Is it ok with you?”

 

Ryeowook nods happily.

 

“But I can only give you a simple wedding. It’s not the same as Hae and Hyukkie’s wedding. I’m sorry. I really want to give you a beautiful wedding, but I don’t have money for that. All I want is for us to be together and to be husband and wife because I love you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook sadly. His tears start forming in his eyes. He really wants to give Ryeowook a very luxurious and extravagant wedding, but unfortunately he can never do that because his father take away everything from him including the fruit of his hard work; his own money. Ryeowook holds Jongwoon’s gorgeous face between her hands and softly kisses his nose and his lips. She smiles sweetly at him.

 

“I don’t need a luxurious wedding. A simple wedding is enough for me as long as you’re my groom. My wedding will always be memorable, special and beautiful and it will be best wedding of the century because you’re the groom. It doesn’t need to be luxurious. The most important thing is we’re going to share that important day together filled with love for each other”

 

Ryeowook told her boyfriend.

 

“Kim Jongwoon, listen to me. I love you for who you are. I love you no matter how snobbish, serious and grumpy you are. I love you even though you become the poorest man on earth. I don’t care. I didn’t love you because you’re Kim Jongwoon, the rich and well-known CEO and President of Kim Corporation. I love you for who you are. I love you even though you can’t give me everything…”

 

Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“And beside I don’t need to have everything because having you is enough for me. I know that I have everything because I have you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon while smiling sweetly. She gently pinches his nose.

 

“Yah! Kim Jongwoon, if you don’t smile now then I’m not going to marry you. I swear, I hate a husband who always frown”

 

Ryeowook teases Jongwoon who flicks her forehead gently.

 

“Pabo! You’re being talkative again. Aish! So noisy”

 

“Well, you better get used to it because I’m going to be your wife soon. You’re always going to hear me talking and talking and talking nonstop”

 

Ryeowook stuck her tongue out. Jongwoon starts laughing. He admits to his self that Ryeowook is the only person who can make him laugh no matter how sad and angry he is and Jongwoon never denies that fact.

 

“It’s ok. I’ll just cover my ears with earplugs, so I can’t hear you”

 

Jongwoon teases Ryeowook while laughing.

 

“Ok. I’m not going to get mad at you today. I’ll just let you laugh all day, so you’ll feel better”

 

Jongwoon stops laughing and smiles at his girlfriend.

 

“I’m always feeling better because you’re here with me and because we’re going to have a baby soon. Both of you are the most important treasure in my life. I love you”

 

“I love you too Oppa”

 

Ryeowook smiles at her boyfriend. She notices the treasure box that was still open. It was lying on top of the bed.

 

“What is this?”

 

Ryeowook asks Jongwoon as she grabs the treasure box, holding it on her hands. Ryeowook gets the picture inside. She stares at the picture of a happily family.

 

“Is this your family picture?”

 

Ryeowook asks while staring at little Jongwoon.

 

“You’re so cute”

 

Ryeowook told him. She looks at her boyfriend and notices his sad face.

 

“Oppa?”

 

Jongwoon forces his self to smile.

 

“I was three years old at that time. It’s our vacation in Italy. See? We’re still complete at that time and our family is still happy. I don’t know what happen between Umma and Appa. I don’t know why Appa need to bring other woman at home and I don’t know why Umma need to take revenge against him. I don’t know why they suddenly hate each other that much and I don’t know why I need to suffer because of them and beg for them to love me”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook sadly, controlling his tears from falling.

 

“Don’t say that Oppa. Every parent love their child”

 

“But in my case it was different. Tell me. How can I tell that my parents love me if my mother abandons me when I was seven? I beg for her not to leave, but she still leaves and goes with her other man. She promises me that she will come back for me and get me from Appa. I wait for her every day, every minute and every hour, but she didn’t arrive. She didn’t return for me. She didn’t even care to return and get me from Appa because she already get married to her other man”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, remembering that painful day wherein his mother left him.

 

“Tell me. How can I tell that my parents love me if my father bound me to follow everything that he wants? He never gives me freedom. He imprisons me to his shadow and he made me his puppet. When I try to do the things that I want and will make me happy, he always thought that I’m disobeying him. When I try to speak and explain and voice out my opinion, he always thought that I’m disrespecting him. If I become quiet to avoid arguments and misunderstanding with him, he always thought that I’m being an arrogant son. It’s hard because I’m always lost. I’m lost because I don’t know where to place myself”

 

Tears start falling slowly at the corner of Jongwoon’s eyes.

 

“I beg for their time and for their love and until now I’m still begging for their time and love. Until now I still don’t understand why I need to do that. You know? My nanny told me when I was a kid to put my most valued treasure inside that treasure box. She told me to make a wish and if I become a good boy, my wish will be granted”

 

Jongwoon stares at Ryeowook as tears keep on falling from his eyes.

 

“I put the picture of that happy family inside my treasure box and I wish that we can go back on that day wherein we’re complete and happy. It was a wish that came from my heart on that Christmas Day wherein I spend it all alone at our big house. I told the infant Jesus under the Christmas tree that it’s my wish. I become a good boy, but I don’t know why that wish never even come true. All I want is to have a family. I never had a family. I never grow in a family. I never had a mother and a father because I didn’t even feel their love. They ignore me. I’m not important to them because they don’t love me and that’s why my happiness is not important to them. All I want is their time and their love, but they never give it to me. I already beg and until now I’m still begging, but they just don’t want to give it to me”

 

Ryeowook hugs Jongwoon as he starts crying on her arms. Ryeowook didn’t say anything. She just hugs Jongwoon and let him cry and that’s enough for Jongwoon to feel that he’s not alone. It’s enough for Jongwoon to realize that someone cares for him and that someone loves him. Jongwoon stops crying and looks at his girlfriend. Ryeowook smiles at him and wipes his tears away. She holds her boyfriend’s hand and places it on her tummy.

 

“You have a family. You have me and our little one. We have each other and we have our little one. We love each other and we care for each other and that what makes us a family. You’re not alone. I’m here for you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, comforting him.

 

“Then you have the Mouse Rabbit family. You see Ahjumma told me before that you don’t need to be a blood related for you to become a family because a family is a place where you feel that you belong, loved and being cared of. I am an orphan and I am alone before, but now I have a family. It’s you and my Mouse Rabbit family and same goes to you and don’t forget Siwon Oppa”

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly.

 

“So don’t be sad now. We’re all here for you, arasso?”

 

Jongwoon nods.

 

“You smile now”

 

Jongwoon looks at Ryeowook and flashes his brightest smile. Ryeowook giggles happily and gently caresses Jongwoon’s cheek.

 

“That’s better. You’re more handsome when you smile. Always be happy and keep smiling. No matter what happen, you always need to smile so you’re burden will be lighten. You see. Problems always come in our life, but there will always be a solution. That’s why no matter what happen, just smile because the sun will still shine after the rain”

 

Ryeowook smiles and gently brushes her nose from his. She gives Jongwoon a sweet peck on his lips before standing up.

 

“Come. Let’s go out and eat our breakfast. Ahjumma cook a very delicious for all of us and I’m sure that they are already waiting for you. They will be happy to see you”

 

“They?”

 

Jongwoon asks while staring at Ryeowook curiously. Ryeowook nods happily.

 

“Everyone sleep here. Sunny and I are playing with baby Minho awhile ago because his parents are busy playing with Manager Mimi and Henry at the living room. They are such kids, so funny”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon happily. She holds his hand.

 

“Let’s go Oppa. I’m hungry and our little one is already hungry as well. I’m sure that they are already waiting for us”

 

“Arasso”

 

Jongwoon smiles and stands up. He holds Ryeowook’s hand tightly as they happily went out of the room. They went inside the dining room. Everyone is already gathered for breakfast and they are all waiting for them patiently.

 

“Finally!”

 

Donghae smiles brightly upon seeing Jongwoon and Ryeowook who just arrive inside the dining room.

 

“We can already eat breakfast. Seriously, what took you guys so long? We’re all hungry because of waiting for both of you”

 

Donghae told the couple while rubbing his tummy.

 

“Sorry about that”

 

Jongwoon told them.

 

“Where is baby Minho?”

 

Ryeowook asks curiously. Eunhyuk and Donghae smile brightly.

 

“He’s already sleeping peacefully. We’re going to bring him with us at Mouse Rabbit today because his babysitter is on day off. Manager Mimi will be his babysitter for this day”

 

Eunhyuk told Ryeowook happily. Zhoumi nods while smiling. He looks at Jongwoon and notices him wearing his Mouse Rabbit uniform.

 

“You’re going to work today?”

 

Zhoumi asks with concern in his voice. Jongwoon smiles and nods his head.

 

“BUT YOU’RE SICK!”

 

Zhoumi and Mrs. Lau shout in unison. Mrs. Lau walks towards Jongwoon and holds his forehead, checking to check if he’s still hot. Mrs. Lau frowns at Jongwoon and shook her head.

 

“You can’t work today. You’re still hot”

 

“But Ahjumma, I’m already fine. I really need to work. Don’t worry about me”

 

“But”

 

“Please”

 

Jongwoon looks at Mrs. Lau with puppy eyes.

 

“Don’t worry about me. I’m used to it because when I was still the President of Kim Corporation, I still go to work even though I’m sick”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks worriedly. Jongwoon smiles and nods his head.

 

“I’m sure about it and by the way…”

 

Jongwoon moves a bit closer to Mrs. Lau.

 

“Ahjumma, let’s talk later. I need to tell you something and it’s important”

 

Jongwoon whispers. Mrs. Lau nods. She holds Jongwoon’s hand.

 

“Ok. You should eat a lot and drink your medicines, so I won’t worry too much”

 

Jongwoon nods happily. Mrs. Lau drags Jongwoon towards the empty chair beside Ryeowook.

 

“Sit down sweetheart and eat a lot. I’m the one who cook the breakfast for everyone”

 

Mrs. Lau happily told Jongwoon who pulls the chair and sit down.

 

“HAPPY EATING EVERYONE!”

 

Zhoumi, Sunny, Henry, Donghae and Eunhyuk shout happily. Mrs. Lau sits beside Sunny as they start eating their breakfast happily. Everyone is eating except Jongwoon. Eunhyuk suddenly stops eating when he notices Jongwoon not eating. He’s just staring at all the food that Mrs. Lau cooks for them. Jongwoon actually don’t know what kind of food are they because it’s his first time seeing those kinds of food because their chef never cooks something like that before.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Eunhyuk calls Jongwoon’s attention.

 

“Why are you not eating? It’s delicious. Are you ok?”

 

Eunhyuk asks worriedly. They all stop eating and stare at Jongwoon. Ryeowook and Zhoumi suddenly hold their foreheads when they remember that those foods are not the kind of food that Jongwoon eat in their mansion.

 

“Aigoo! I’m sorry Jongwoon. I forgot”

 

Zhoumi told Jongwoon, feeling sorry.

 

“I forgot to tell Ahjumma to cook some pancake for you, so you can eat breakfast. I’m sorry. I forgot that you’re not familiar with those kinds of food”

 

Zhoumi told Jongwoon sadly. Ryeowook stares at her boyfriend, feeling sad as well because she knows that Jongwoon is having a hard time adjusting to his current situation. Henry, Sunny, Donghae , Eunhyuk and Mrs. Lau were all shock upon knowing that Jongwoon is not eating Korean food in spite of being a full blooded Korean.

 

“Aigoo! Hyung, are you an alien? You really don’t know those foods? You haven’t really eaten them or tasted it before?”

 

Eunhyuk asks, still shock. Jongwoon nods.

 

“Except for this one”

 

Jongwoon told them while pointing his finger on the Tteokbokki. He suddenly laughs softly upon remembering that Ryeowook once cooked it for him as his breakfast and they also eat it when they had a date on the street.

 

“I know that because Wookie cooked that for me before as my breakfast and we eat something like that when we had our date on the street”

 

Jongwoon informs them happily.

 

“ON THE STREET?”

 

They shout in unison while staring at the couple. Jongwoon and Ryeowook nod happily.

 

“Wookie brought me on a street and treat me some street food. That’s the first time that I’m going to eat something like that and it’s also my first time having a date like that. I actually don’t know that place like that really exist. I haven’t been there before and it’s my first time going there. It was fun”

 

Jongwoon told them as he laughs softly, remembering that day.

 

“You’re an alien!”

 

Donghae told Jongwoon with wide eyes open.

 

“I know that you guys will think something like that. That’s also Wookie’s first reaction when I told her about it. It’s just that we don’t something like that and like these at home. Our chefs never cook something like these and like that. It’s more of Italian, French and American cuisine and I live in Sydney, Australia for a long time that’s why I don’t know that a place like that exist and food like these exist. I’m really sorry”

 

Jongwoon explains to them. They all smile at him.

 

“No problem Jongwoon. We understand”

 

Zhoumi told Jongwoon who flashes a bright smile.

 

“But I’m going to enjoy my breakfast today”

 

Jongwoon told them before looking at Mrs. Lau.

 

“Thanks Ahjumma for cooking these foods for us”

 

 “No problem sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Lau smiles at Jongwoon.

 

“Help yourself and eat a lot, arasso?”

 

Jongwoon nods happily. He was about to eat when he notices that he doesn’t have a fork. He stares at the chopstick that was on the side of his plate. Jongwoon was about to approach Ryeowook and inform her about his dilemma when Donghae suddenly speaks.

 

“Hyung, why are you not yet eating?”

 

Donghae asks. Jongwoon smiles at them weakly.

 

“I have another problem”

 

“What?”

 

Jongwoon holds his chopstick and shows it to them while shaking his head weakly.

 

“I don’t know how to use chopsticks”

 

Jongwoon told them shyly.

 

“OMO! I forgot. Sorry Oppa”

 

Ryeowook stands up and opens the drawer. She gets a fork and a dinner knife inside. She returns to her seat and gives the utensils to her boyfriend.

 

“Problem solved?”

 

Ryeowook asks happily. Jongwoon nods at her.

 

“Thanks baby”

 

Jongwoon smiles at Ryeowook before eating his dinner. Ryeowook smiles brightly, feeling happy as she watches Jongwoon eating like an innocent kid.

 

“I love you”

 

Ryeowook whispers. She wipes the side of Jongwoon’s lips, wiping the dirt away.

 

“Continue eating my innocent boyfriend. You’re so cute”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon as she gently pinches his cheek, making him smile. Jongwoon nods happily and continue eating his breakfast happily with his family.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin was holding her luggage. She was standing at the living room of the Kim’s mansion, staring at Youngwoon with teary eyes.

 

“DON’T BE A HARD HEADED GIRL LEE SUNGMIN!”

 

Youngwoon shouts making Sungmin’s heart jumps because of fear. She stares at Youngwoon who is staring at her angrily. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Youngwoon Appa, just let me do it…please”

 

Sungmin told Youngwoon, controlling her tears from falling. Sungmin want to leave Seoul and go back in London. She wants to forget Jongwoon and give him his freedom though it really hurts her a lot because she really loves Jongwoon with all her heart. But she just can’t take to see Jongwoon suffering because of her selfishness and as Sungmin promise to herself, she will talk to Youngwoon even though she’s scared of him. She knows that Youngwoon will only get mad at her when she told him about her plan of leaving and cancelling her wedding to Jongwoon. She knows that Youngwoon will never allow that to happen, but she needs to fight for Jongwoon’s happiness because she believes that it’s only thing that she can do for Jongwoon and to repay him; to repay the troubles and sorrow that she brings into his life. Sungmin promise herself to face Youngwoon and do her best to make him change his mind about the wedding and to bring back Jongwoon at the Kim’s Mansion and convince Youngwoon to allow Jongwoon to be happy with the girl he loves most. She promises herself to fix everything for Jongwoon before she leaves Seoul and will just face her father upon her arrival in London. She doesn’t care anymore whether her father will get mad at her because all she cares about at that moment is the happiness of the man she loves most.

 

“I’m going back in London. Please cancel the wedding Youngwoon Appa. I’m begging you”

 

Sungmin told Youngwoon sadly. Youngwoon shook his head.

 

“Your dad and I already talk about it. We will never cancel the wedding! You will marry Jongwoon! You love him, right? Then why are you giving up the fight all of a sudden? I already inform your father about your stupid decision and he told me not to let you go! You will never go back in London! He will go back here next week and we will pursue your wedding to my son no matter what happen! Do you understand Lee Sungmin?”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“But Youngwoon Appa…”

 

“You love Jongwoon, right? So you need to fight for him! Do you really want that trash to steal Jongwoon away from you? Please think Minnie!”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin, shooting her an angry glare. Sungmin’s tears start falling from her eyes.

 

“I love him so much, but Jongwoon doesn’t love me”

 

Youngwoon was shock when Sungmin kneels in front of him.

 

“What are you doing? Stand up!”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin, but she shook her head.

 

“LEE SUNGMIN!”

 

Youngwoon shouts because of anger. Sungmin bows her head. Youngwoon’s eyes widened when Sungmin kisses his feet and hugs his legs, begging him.

 

“Youngwoon Appa…”

 

Sungmin starts crying.

 

“I’m begging you, please…stop this thing. Just let Jongwoon to be happy with the girl he loves. It’s not me. It’s really painful because I love him so much. But I don’t want to love him anymore if it means that loving him will only make him suffer like this”

 

Sungmin kisses Youngwoon’s feet again.

 

“I’m begging you Youngwoon Appa, please bring him back here in the house. Jongwoon is your son, don’t do this to him. Please stop now. He’s having a hard time. Jongwoon is not used to that kind of environment and life. Stop this Appa. I’m already giving up. I don’t want to hurt him anymore. Please, I’m begging you. Just give him his happiness”

 

“NO! He’s just the one who chooses that kind of setup! He needs to learn from his mistake! He wants to fight me and I just give him what he wants! Don’t tell me what are the things that I should do and not do!”

 

Sungmin shook her head as she starts crying hard, still begging Youngwoon.

 

“I don’t want to marry him anymore! I already want to cancel the wedding. It only means that you and Appa need to cancel it too because I don’t want the wedding to happen anymore. I’m already setting Jongwoon free. Please Youngwoon Appa. Let him be happy and not like this”

 

Sungmin begs so hard.

 

“This is happening because of me. Jongwoon is suffering because of me. So please Youngwoon Appa”

 

Sungmin shook her head as tears keep on falling from her eyes.

 

“I’m going back in London now. I don’t want to marry him anymore. I don’t want to love him anymore. If Jongwoon’s happiness is the sacrifice for everything then I don’t want to love him anymore. I don’t want him to suffer. I don’t want to fight anymore if it means that Jongwoon will suffer and get hurt. Please listen to me Youngwoon Appa. Just stop now…please, I’m begging you”

 

“NO!”

 

Youngwoon shouts, releasing his anger. He removes Sungmin’s arms around his legs and pushes her away from him.

 

“You and Jongwoon will marry each other no matter what happen! You cannot oppose me and your father Lee Sungmin! You can’t do that because you and Jongwoon are bound to be husband and wife whether you guys like it or not! Stop being a hard headed girl! Return to your room because no matter how hard you cry and beg me, I will never change my mind and same goes to your father! We already plan the wedding and we’re going to pursue it no matter what happen!”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin.

 

“You can never leave Seoul because your father already does something about it. Stop begging because you can’t do anything. You will stay here and marry Jongwoon!”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin, shooting her an angry glare before walking away.

 

“YOUNGWOON APPA! PLEASE!”

 

Sungmin shouts, but Youngwoon ignores her as he leaves the mansion.

 

“Please listen to me…please..stop hurting Jongwoon…stop doing this…let him be happy…please Youngwoon Appa…don’t hurt Jongwoon…stop now…please”

 

Sungmin whispers as she continues to cry on the floor, hating herself and blaming herself for everything.

 

~~~

 

 *MOUSE RABBIT*

 

 

Mrs. Lau and Zhoumi went inside the kitchen. They saw Ryeowook sitting on the chair. She looks so sad and problematic.

 

“Ahjumma, what happen to our Wookie?”

 

Zhoumi asks Mrs. Lau with concern in his voice as he focuses his gaze upon Ryeowook. Mrs. Lau shook her head.

 

“Aigoo! Maybe she’s not feeling well”

 

Mrs. Lau told Zhoumi before walking towards Ryeowook immediately. Zhoumi follows her.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mrs. Lau pulls the chair and sits down. She looks at Ryeowook with worried face. Zhoumi sits beside Mrs. Lau. He too looks at Ryeowook with worried expression.

 

“What happen? Is there something wrong? You look sad and problematic. Are you not feeling well? You can already go home and take a rest. It’s not good for you and the baby to stress yourself. It’s alright. You can go home now”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook.

 

“I’ll drop you in my condo. Just wait for Jongwoon there”

 

Zhoumi told Ryeowook who shook her head.

 

“I’m fine”

 

Ryeowook told them sadly.

 

“If you’re fine then why do you look like that? What’s wrong? Did you and Jongwoon fight?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks with concern in her voice. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“Ahjumma…Manager Mimi”

 

Ryeowook stares at them, controlling her tears from falling. Ryeowook puts down the letter that she’s holding on top of the table.

 

“I can no longer continue my studies”

 

Ryeowook told them sadly.

 

“Seoul University sends this letter, informing me that my scholarship has been terminated by Mr. Kim Youngwoon”

 

Ryeowook explains sadly. Zhoumi and Mrs. Lau stare at her sadly.

 

“Please don’t tell it to Jongwoon. I don’t want him to worry about it and he might just end up blaming his self”

 

Ryeowook told them. She shook her head sadly.

 

“I don’t want that to happen. It’s not his fault. I don’t want him to worry too much and to think too much. Jongwoon is already thinking a lot of things and his current situation is really hard for him. I know that he’s really having a hard time. He just don’t want to tell it to me because he doesn’t want me to worry about him, but I can feel it even though he doesn’t speak. I don’t want to add up to his burden. So please, don’t tell him about it. I don’t want him to hate his father”

 

Ryeowook told them.

 

“I’ll just find my own way on how am I going to continue studying”

 

Mrs. Lau stands up and hugs Ryeowook.

 

“Don’t worry. We’re going to pay the tuition fee”

 

Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“It’s ok Ahjumma. Don’t worry about me. It’s already too much if I ask for your help”

 

Ryeowook told Mrs. Lau shyly.

 

“What do you mean by that huh?”

 

Zhoumi ask Ryeowook before standing. He moves closer to Ryeowook and hugs her, comforting her.

 

“Why do you need to be shy? We’re family here and remember we already have some cash to pay your tuition fee before? Ahjumma puts it in a safety volt”

 

“But Manager Mimi…”

 

Zhoumi raises his hand, stopping Ryeowook from talking. He smiles at her.

 

“We’re family. The problem of one is the problem of all. I’m sure that Sunny, Henry, Hae and Hyukkie wouldn’t allow you to carry the burden alone and they will also suggest the same thing as what Ahjumma told you awhile ago. We’re going to pay the tuition fee and Mr. Kim can’t do anything about it anymore because you’re not going to study in Seoul University for free. You’re going to pay it, so he can’t do anything about it”

 

Zhoumi explains to Ryeowook. Mrs. Lau nods her head.

 

“Mimi is right sweetheart. You don’t need to be shy because we’re family here. We will help each other no matter what happen”

 

Mrs. Lau holds Ryeowook’s beautiful face between her hands and smiles at her.

 

“Don’t worry too much and stop thinking now. We can find ways if we help each other, arasso?”

 

Ryeowook nods at them.

 

“Thanks Ahjumma and Manager Mimi. Thanks a lot to all of you. All of you help me and Jongwoon a lot. I don’t know how I am going to repay you all”

 

“You can repay us. It’s just simple. Just flash your brightest smile”

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly.

 

“There you go. Always smile like that sweetheart then you already paid”

 

“Thanks a lot”

 

Ryeowook hugs Mrs. Lau.

 

“How about me? I’m jealous now”

 

Zhoumi pouts at Ryeowook, teasing her.

 

“Come here Manager Mimi”

 

Zhoumi smiles and moves closer to Ryeowook, hugging her tight.

 

“Don’t be sad anymore, arasso?”

 

Ryeowook nods happily.

 

“Don’t forget that you need to smile all the time so the positive aura will always be present here in Mouse Rabbit”

 

“Arasso”

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly at them. She looks at Mrs. Lau.

 

“Ahjumma, Jongwoon was wearing his Mouse Rabbit uniform awhile ago, right?”

 

Mrs. Lau nods her head as an answer.

 

“Then how come I didn’t see him here? I mean, where is he? I was busy awhile ago that I didn’t notice my loving and gorgeous boyfriend missing. I was calling him awhile ago, but he’s not answering his mobile phone”

 

Ryeowook asks Mrs. Lau and Zhoumi who look at each other.

 

“Ah…well…Ahjumma ask a simple favor to Jongwoon”

 

Zhoumi told Ryeowook while flashing a smile. Mrs. Lau nods.

 

“Oh yes! I forgot to tell you that I told Jongwoon to go in Incheon and check the construction of the Mouse Rabbit there. Remember, we’re going to have a branch there?”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook, lying to her. The truth is, Jongwoon is actually looking for a second job. That’s the thing that he told to Mrs. Lau when they talk secretly before they all go to work. Jongwoon asks permission to Mrs. Lau if he can just go to work in Mouse Rabbit at one in the afternoon because he’s just going to look for a second job and Jongwoon told Mrs. Lau to keep it a secret to Ryeowook.

 

“Oh yes. I forgot about that”

 

“He will be here at one in the afternoon, so don’t worry ok?”

 

Ryeowook nods happily. She carefully stands up.

 

“I’ll just go at the counter and help Hae”

 

Mrs. Lau and Zhoumi nod at her. Ryeowook smiles at them before going out of the kitchen. Zhoumi looks at Mrs. Lau.

 

“It’s really hard to lie, but we need to respect Jongwoon’s decision about not telling it to Wookie. He got a point. Wookie will just worry about him if she knows about Jongwoon looking for a second job in order to provide for her and of course to give their child a good future and in preparation for their upcoming wedding and for hospital bills when Wookie finally give birth”

 

Zhoumi told Mrs. Lau, feeling sad for lying to his friend and feeling sad for Jongwoon. Zhoumi knows that Jongwoon is really having a lot of hard time adjusting to his current situation and environment. But he never heard any complain from Jongwoon. He just keep all his burden and hardship by his self and Zhoumi just can’t help but to admire him because he knows that Jongwoon will do everything just to fight for Ryeowook.

 

“He really loves Wookie. You see Ahjumma. That boy never even complains and regrets losing everything just to be with the girl he loves most”

 

Mrs. Lau nods her head, agreeing to Zhoumi.

 

“I know that Jongwoon really loves our Wookie. I know that no matter what happen he will fight for her until the end and he will do what is the best for Wookie. Even though he’s hurting a lot and having a hard time adjusting to his new environment, he still manages to flash a beautiful smile and that’s because of Wookie”

 

Mrs. Lau sighs sadly.

 

“I just hope that everything will be fine soon. It hurts to see Jongwoon and Wookie suffering like this because of other people’s selfishness. It’s not wrong to be happy and to love someone”

 

Mrs. Lau told Zhoumi, feeling sad for Ryeowook and Jongwoon.

 

“Let’s get back to work”

 

Zhoumi nods at Mrs. Lau who gently pats his cheek before leaving the kitchen to help Ryeowook and Donghae on assisting their customers.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon was sitting inside a convenient store. He was staring at his food sadly.

 

“Well, instant noodle is not bad for lunch”

 

Jongwoon told his self as he starts eating. Jongwoon is feeling so tired and very hungry. But the only food that he can eat at that moment is a small cup of an instant noodle that he bought at the nearby convenient store. That’s because he doesn’t have enough money to buy himself a good meal for lunch. He was looking for his second job and he’s lucky enough to find one. He was working as a part time dishwasher and cleaner in a small restaurant. Unfortunately, he broke some plates because he doesn’t know how to wash a plate. He even hurt his hands because of it and he accidentally slips on the floor while cleaning. The owner of the restaurant didn’t give his salary on that day because he needs to pay the plates that he broke and the only money that is left to him is the money that he asks from Ryeowook after eating breakfast with her and with their Mouse Rabbit family.

 

“I’m so tired and I didn’t even get my salary for this day”

 

Jongwoon hit his head.

 

“Aish! Why are you so stupid Kim Jongwoon? You’re not supposed to break those plates. I told you to handle it with care. Aish!”

 

Jongwoon reprimands his self while frowning.

 

“Seriously…”

 

Jongwoon stares at his wonderful and very smooth hands. His hands that is no longer wonderful and smooth because of washing dishes. He got a lot of wounds on his hands because he’s not used on doing those kinds of work.

 

“But I’m still lucky that the Ahjumma who owns that small restaurant didn’t fire me. I still need to be thankful”

 

Jongwoon smiles to cheer his self.

 

“It’s ok Kim Jongwoon. You’ll be fine tomorrow. Of course it’s your first day today and you’re not yet familiar on your work. But tomorrow is another day and I’m sure that you can do well tomorrow”

 

Jongwoon told his self while nodding.

 

“It’s for Wookie and your baby. So, I can do it”

 

Jongwoon whispers while smiling. Thinking about Ryeowook and their baby makes Jongwoon strong and smile again.

 

“I need to find a third job”

 

Jongwoon told his self while thinking about time management.

 

“I’m going to work in the morning at that small restaurant and then in Mouse Rabbit at the afternoon and another job in the evening; maybe from eight in the evening until twelve midnight or two in the morning? And another job during my day off. Is that even possible?”

 

Jongwoon asks his self.

 

“Let’s see”

 

Jongwoon nods his head and was about to continue eating when he heard his mobile phone ringing. Jongwoon gets it inside his pocket. He stares at the caller’s name before answering the call.

 

“Yes Siwon?”

 

Siwon sighs in relief upon hearing his cousin’s voice.

 

“Where are you? I went in Mouse Rabbit awhile ago to check you, but Mimi told me that you’re somewhere out there looking for a second job?”

 

Siwon asks Jongwoon with concern in his voice. Jongwoon nods.

 

“I’m lucky to find a second job”

 

“And what is that second job huh?”

 

Siwon asks curiously.

 

“I’m a dishwasher and cleaner in a small restaurant here at Shinbudong”

 

Jongwoon proudly informs his cousin.

 

“WHAT?”

 

Siwon shouts with wide eyes open.

 

“Why? What’s wrong with my new job? I’m not working as bank robber or something, so don’t be so shock like that. My job is nice ok”

 

Jongwoon told his cousin. Siwon nods.

 

“I know, but…”

 

Siwon sighs sadly. He stops his car when the traffic lights turn red.

 

“Are you insane?”

 

Siwon asks. Jongwoon shook his head and laughs softly.

 

“Of course not”

 

“Jongwoon, why do you choose to those kinds of job when you can always apply in big company? You have a good educational background”

 

Jongwoon nods.

 

“I know. Tell me Siwon. What will I do with my good educational background if my father uses his power to prevent me on applying in a good company and grab a good work and earn good cash huh?”

 

“Aigoo! Uncle did that?”

 

Jongwoon nods while frowning.

 

“Yes. Lawyer Jang just told me awhile ago. See? He’s not even fighting fairly. He’s afraid that I will beat him someday and that’s why he files a restriction order in all the companies worldwide not accept me as an employee, so I can’t find a good job”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that and I’m sorry because I can’t do anything to help you”

 

Siwon told Jongwoon sadly. Jongwoon nods his head. He understands Siwon’s situation. He’s also caught in the middle and of course he doesn’t want to involve Siwon in his fight with his father.

 

“It’s ok. I understand. You don’t need to be sorry”

 

“Where are you? I’m going to fetch you. Let’s have lunch together”

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“It’s ok”

 

“Come on Jongwoon. It’s my treat”

 

Jongwoon shook his head again.

 

“I’m already eating my lunch. Can I just asks a simple favor?”

 

Siwon nods.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Well…”

 

Jongwoon scratches his head, feeling a bit embarrassed towards his cousin.

 

“I don’t have a single penny in my pocket. Can you just fetch me here at the nearby convenient store here at Shinbudong and drop me at Mouse Rabbit because I still need to work there?”

 

“No problem. Wait for me there”

 

Jongwoon nods.

 

“Thanks Siwon. I owe you one”

 

“Pabo!”

 

Siwon shook his head.

 

“It’s nothing. That’s the only thing that I can do to help you and by the way Jongwoon-ah, before I forgot…”

 

“What?”

 

Siwon takes a deep breath.

 

“Kim Corporation and Lee Corporation already merge”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Jongwoon shouts with wide eyes open.

 

“It was uncle Youngwoon’s idea and since you’re no longer a Kim, Minnie is the new President”

 

“Damn it! He’s really doing everything for me to surrender! He’s a damn ing !”

 

Jongwoon told his cousin, feeling his anger rising because of his father.

 

“First it was my money and not my company. Damn! He doesn’t know how much I’ve worked for that company”

 

Jongwoon’s eyes starts getting watery because of anger.

 

“Grandpa was the one who gave me Kim Corporation and not him. I don’t even want to merge it from any other company, but why? Damn him. Really, damn him!”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm his self.

 

“What else? What are the things that I still don’t know? What else did he do and planning to do to make my life more miserable like hell?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Siwon thinks for the meantime. He doesn’t know if he will inform Jongwoon about the termination of Ryeowook’s scholarship at Seoul University or not.

 

“Speak…what else do I need to know Siwon?”

 

Jongwoon clenches his fist because of anger.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

Siwon takes a deep breath before continuing.

 

“Wookie’s scholarship in Seoul University has been terminated. She can no longer go to school for free. She needs to pay for the tuition fee in order for her to be able to continue her studies there. Uncle was the one who orders for the termination of Wookie’s scholarship”

 

Siwon informs his cousin sadly. Jongwoon didn’t speak because his blood keeps on boiling. He suddenly wants to go in his father’s company and punch his face and beat the hell out of him because of fighting so unfair.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

“Why does he need to involve her here?”

 

Jongwoon whispers sadly.

 

“Wookie got nothing to do about this. This battle is between me and him and not him and Wookie. Why is he so unfair? If only I can do something”

 

“I’m sorry…Jongwoon, why not ask for aunt Teukie’s help?”

 

Siwon suggested.

 

“What for?”

 

Jongwoon asks with a mixture of pain and anger in his voice.

 

“No matter what happen, aunt Teukie is still your mother. I’m sure that she will help you because you’re her son and she loves you”

 

“Loves me?”

 

Jongwoon laughs sarcastically.

 

“That woman doesn’t love me at all. She and Kim Youngwoon don’t love me at all because they made me miserable. They made me live my life alone. I don’t have a mother and a father. I’m just alone!”

 

Jongwoon told his cousin angrily while controlling his tears from falling.

 

“But Jongwoon…”

 

“Stop”

 

“But…”

 

“I SAID STOP!”

 

Jongwoon raises his voice because of anger.

 

“I rather suffer alone than to ask help from the woman who abandons her seven year old son for the sake of her other man! And if ever you saw Kim Youngwoon…”

 

Jongwoon gritted his teeth because of so much anger.

 

“If ever you see him…tell him that I’m not going to kneel down in front of him and beg him! I will never do that! The fight between us is not yet over! I’m going to beat the hell out of him someday!”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon angrily.

 

“Arasso. Just wait for me there. Be safe”

 

Siwon hangs up. Jongwoon puts down his mobile phone on the table.

 

“What else are you planning to do huh Kim Youngwoon? Just don’t touch the girl that I love because if you do, I’m not going to forgive you. Try to touch her and my family and the people that are important to me and you will see what will happen”

 

Jongwoon whispers while clenching his fist, feeling his anger flowing inside him because of his father.

 

~~~

 

Ryeowook was looking at Jongwoon who is making some coffee. She was watching him very carefully and she can’t help but to feel sad for her boyfriend, watching him having a hard time but still trying his best.

 

“Oppa…”

 

Ryeowook moves closer to Jongwoon.

 

“That’s not the way you do it. It’s like this.”

 

Ryeowook gets the bag of coffee bean away from Jongwoon’s hand.

 

“Let me do it baby”

 

Jongwoon pulls the bag of coffee away from his girlfriend, but Ryeowook snatches it away from him.

 

“Yah!”

 

Jongwoon suddenly frowns.

 

“I can learn how to do it. I don’t understand why you guys are treating me like this. Is it because I’m rich before? Do you really think that I can’t live…”

 

Ryeowook softly kisses her boyfriend’s lips, stopping him from talking. She places her hand on his gorgeous face and gently caresses his cheek. Ryeowook smiles at him.

 

“I didn’t say that you can’t do it. What I’m trying to say is let me teach you the proper way to make a roasted coffee, so you won’t have a hard time, arasso?”

 

Jongwoon looks at his girlfriend. Ryeowook keeps her smile on her lips though she’s feeling sad for Jongwoon who is really trying his best to adapt to his new life in which he’s not used to it. Jongwoon smiles and nods his head. Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon. She was observing him. Ryeowook notices his boyfriend loses some weight and he looks so tired and a bit pale.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something wrong?”

 

Jongwoon asks worriedly. Ryeowook shook her head and flashes a smile.

 

“That’s because you’re so gorgeous and I can’t help but to stare at you all day”

 

Jongwoon blushes a little. Of course Ryeowook is not lying when she told Jongwoon that he’s gorgeous and that she can’t help but to stare at him, but of course she still need to give that kind of reason to him in order to hide her worries for him.

 

“Let’s start making a roasted coffee?”

 

Ryeowook asks happily. Jongwoon smiles and happily nods his head. Ryeowook starts explaining very carefully the things that Jongwoon needs to do to make a good and delicious roasted coffee when they heard a shout.

 

“MY HONEY HYUKKIE!!!”

 

Donghae shouts inside the kitchen. Jongwoon and Ryeowook look at him.

 

“Hae, is there something wrong?”

 

Jongwoon asks worriedly. Donghae shook his head and smile.

 

“Sorry about that Hyung. Ah…”

 

Donghae scratches his head.

 

“Have you seen my honey Hyukkie?”

 

Donghae asks the couple curiously.

 

“Oh! He went out to get the delivery”

 

Ryeowook answer Donghae.

 

“Why?”

 

“I need him to clean the table upstairs for the customers”

 

Donghae told Ryeowook.

 

“I’ll do it”

 

Jongwoon told Donghae.

 

“Ok”

 

Jongwoon smiles and leaves the kitchen. Donghae looks at Ryeowook who looks sad. He walks towards his friend and gently pats her cheek while smiling at him.

 

“He’s trying his best, so you need to smile for him. He loves you and he didn’t regret losing everything just to be with you. Smile now or else Hyung will be sad when he sees you like that and…”

 

Donghae gently holds his friend’s tummy.

 

“Your baby will also be sad. Smile for the positive energy”

 

Ryeowook nods and flashes her bright smile.

 

“That’s better. I’ll go at the counter now. There’s a lot of customer. That’s why we need to be happy because we have a lot of customers every day”

 

Donghae giggles happily and leaves the kitchen. Jongwoon went downstairs after cleaning some tables for the customers. He went at the kitchen to bring the dirty utensils, cups and plates. He was about to wash them, but Sunny went inside and told him that she will be the one who will do the cleaning that’s why Jongwoon end up helping Henry in mopping the floor.

 

“It’s ok Hyung. I can do this alone”

 

Henry told Jongwoon who smiles at him. Jongwoon flicks Henry’s forehead.

 

“Stop treating me like a VIP. I can also do it”

 

“Sure?”

 

Jongwoon nods happily.

 

“Ok. If that’s what you want then let’s clean the floor together”

 

Henry told Jongwoon happily as they start mopping the floor together. Ryeowook came out from the kitchen because Donghae calls her for help at the counter. Their eyes suddenly widened when they saw Youngwoon enters the Mouse Rabbit. They look at him. Youngwoon walks towards his son.

 

“So…”

 

Jongwoon stops mopping the floor. He raises his head and looks at the man who is standing in front of him. Youngwoon smiles at his son. He looks at Jongwoon and notices him loses some weight. He looks so tired and a bit pale and he looks like he’s really having a hard time.

 

“How are you Jongwoon?”

 

Youngwoon asks his son while smiling at him. Jongwoon didn’t answer. He just stares at his father seriously.

 

“Is this the life you want to choose? You want to be like that because of loving that trash?”

 

Youngwoon told Jongwoon. He was aware that Ryeowook was at the counter, staring at them and he is sure that she can hear every single word that he’s saying.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Donghae, Henry and Ryeowook stare at Jongwoon and Youngwoon nervously. They can feel the tension between them.

 

“I’m just here to visit you my dear hard headed and very arrogant son. Are you having fun?”

 

Jongwoon smiles brightly.

 

“Of course I am. I am having fun Mr. Kim. How about you? Are you having fun with your life? Nobody loves you”

 

Donghae, Ryeowook and Henry were all shock when Youngwoon slaps his son so hard.

 

“You don’t have the right to speak to me like that! You’re just my son. Don’t forget that Kim Jongwoon!”

 

Youngwoon told his son while staring at him seriously. Jongwoon smiles at him.

 

“Son? I’m not your son. Let me remind you Mr. Kim. Just in case you forget about it. You already disown me as your son, right? You already disown me as a Kim”

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I’m no longer Kim Jongwoon. I’m just Jongwoon. So, you don’t have the right to speak to me like that and slap me because you’re no longer my father and I am no longer your son. Don’t you forget that Mr. Kim. You can no longer control me like what you’re doing before”

 

Jongwoon told his father, staring at him angrily. Youngwoon clenches his fist.

 

“So, what are you going to do? Sew me for slapping you?”

 

“I’m not a coward like you. I’m not that kind of man”

 

“Well of course, you’re not that kind of man…”

 

Youngwoon flashes a sarcastic smile.

 

“Of course you can’t sew me because you’ve got nothing. You don’t even own a single penny to pay your lawyer”

 

Youngwoon laughs, teasing his son who keeps on clenching his fist, controlling his anger. Jongwoon really wants to hit his father at that moment, but he controls his self because he still respects Youngwoon as his father and he doesn’t want to cause chaos in public.

 

“I’m here to offer you a great deal Jongwoon”

 

Youngwoon looks at Ryeowook who is staring at Jongwoon sadly. He smirks before focusing his gaze back on his son.

 

“I know that you already know what happen to your so-called girlfriend’s scholarship”

 

“Damn you!”

 

Youngwoon laughs upon hearing his son.

 

“You know what Jongwoon? You’re so funny. It’s nice to see you having a hard time because of that ing trash”

 

Jongwoon was about to hit his father, but Henry is fast to hold Jongwoon, stopping him from hurting his father.

 

“Hyung…”

 

Jongwoon ignores Henry who holds him tight. Jongwoon stares at Youngwoon.

 

“You need to fight fairly. Don’t involve Wookie here because this fight is just between you and me”

 

“Of course she’s also involve here because she’s the trash”

 

“DON’T TALK TO HER LIKE THAT!”

 

Jongwoon shouts because of anger. Some customers who are eating and chatting happily at the first floor stare at the commotion between Jongwoon and Youngwoon.

 

“What? You want to hit me? Go ahead, so you’ll know what will happen to you!”

 

Youngwoon laughs, enjoying teasing his son.

 

“Now, how does it feel that you can’t do anything for the woman you love huh?”

 

Youngwoon asks while smiling at Jongwoon.

 

“But don’t worry Jongwoon. Since, I’m your father and I still consider you as my son even though you’re hard headed and arrogant and I already disown you. I’m going to give you a good deal”

 

Youngwoon stares at Jongwoon and smirks.

 

“It’s just simple and very easy. Marry Sungmin next week and everything will be back to normal as well as that girl’s scholarship and there won’t be anymore chaos”

 

Youngwoon told his son. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I would rather have a hard life than to follow what you want! I love Wookie and I will fight for her until the end! I’m not going to marry Minnie! You can take everything that you want from me, but I will never kneel down in front of you! I will never beg you! I will never do that!”

 

“You already lose everything”

 

“I don’t care because I don’t need those things because there are people who cares for me and who loves me unlike you”

 

Youngwoon takes a deep breath, controlling his anger.

 

“Fine…”

 

Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“Let’s see how far your love for her can take you! You choose her and not me. You choose it like this and you want it to be like this then I’ll give it to you. But don’t forget that I am Kim Youngwoon and you’re nothing compare to me. Don’t forget that the battle between us is just starting”

 

Youngwoon moves closer to Jongwoon.

 

“There’s more to come Jongwoon and you should watch for that. I’ll make sure that you’re going to bend down your knees and kneel in front of me. I’ll make sure that you will beg me someday and kiss my feet. You will never win”

 

Youngwoon whispers to his son. He smiles at him and gently pats his cheek. He stares at Ryeowook seriously before leaving the Mouse Rabbit.

 

~~~

 

Sungmin was sitting on the bed while crying. She was talking to someone over the phone.

 

“Minnie sweetheart, please tell me what happen. What happen to Jongwoon?”

 

The person over on the line asks Sungmin worriedly.

 

“Teukie Umma”

 

Sungmin takes a deep breath, calming herself. Tears just keep on falling from her eyes because of too much sadness and pain that she’s feeling on that moment.

 

“Please…please Teukie Umma…you’re the only one who can help Jongwoon”

 

“What happen to my son? Please tell it to me. What happen to my Jongwoon?”

 

Teukie asks Sungmin, feeling so worried and nervous.

 

“Youngwoon Appa is giving him a hard time. I already beg Youngwoon Appa to bring back Jongwoon here at the mansion, but he doesn’t want to listen to me. He disowns Jongwoon because he chooses that poor girl over me. Teukie Umma, Jongwoon is having a hard time. Youngwoon Appa takes everything away from him…please help him Umma…please”

 

Sungmin told Teukie, begging her. Teukie’s tears start falling from her eyes because of what she heard. She can’t believe that her ex-husband can do it to their son.

 

“Where is Jongwoon?”

 

Sungmin shook her head.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe he’s living with that girl. Teukie Umma, I don’t want to marry Jongwoon. I don’t want this wedding to happen if it means that he needs to suffer. I just want him to be happy. I don’t want him to be like this. Please help him…please. You’re Jongwoon’s only hope. I know that things between you and him are not fine, but please help him. He’s your son. I’m begging you”

 

Sungmin starts crying hard.

 

“You’re the only person who can help him. Please Teukie Umma”

 

Teukie wipes her tears and nods her head.

 

“Arasso. I’ll see what I can do. I’ll be flying in Seoul. I’ll leave later. Youngwoon and I need to talk. I can’t allow him to hurt my son like this. He takes him away from me. Jongwoon is not supposed to live a miserable life with him. Jongwoon is supposed to live with me, but Youngwoon take that right away from me. I’m going to get my son away from him. He can never hurt my son like this. I won’t allow him”

 

“Please hurry Umma”

 

“I’ll call you when I’m already in Seoul”

 

“Arasso”

 

Sungmin hangs up. She stares at her wallpaper. It was Jongwoon’s picture.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I love you so much Jongwoon. I love you with all my heart. I just want us to be together and live happily as husband and wife. All I want is for you to love me”

 

Sungmin shook her head as tears keep on falling from her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know that it will turn out to be like this. If only I can bring back the time. I won’t be selfish. If only I can bring back the time, so you won’t be suffering like this. I’m sorry Jongwoon. I’m so sorry”

 

Sungmin lay down on the bed, feeling weak and hurt. She closes her eyes and continue sobbing, crying her heart out because for her, that’s the only thing that she can do in order to release all the pain that she’s feeling on that moment.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon and Ryeowook are back in Ryeowook’s house. Zhoumi was the one who drops them. Jongwoon quietly go inside their bedroom, holding a glass of milk. He looks at Ryeowook who is at the balcony of their room. She was staring at the sky sadly. Jongwoon places the glass of milk on the bedside table before walking towards the balcony. He stares at his girlfriend for the meantime before quietly walking towards her. Ryeowook smiles when she feels warms arms hugging her from behind. Jongwoon softly kisses Ryeowook’s cheek before placing his chin on her shoulder.

 

“Why are you here outside? It’s cold”

 

Jongwoon whispers. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“I’m just watching the stars. They are so beautiful, right?”

 

Jongwoon nods. He intertwines his hand on hers, still hugging her tight.

 

“Tell me what bothers you”

 

Jongwoon whispers while staring at the sky. Ryeowook didn’t speak.

 

“Was it about what happen awhile ago between me and my father?”

 

Ryeowook didn’t answer. She just remains quiet.

 

“Is it ok if you turn around and face me?”

 

Jongwoon whispers to Ryeowook’s ear.

 

“I just need to tell you something baby. I want to look in your eyes while saying those words”

 

Jongwoon added. Ryeowook slowly turns around, facing her boyfriend. She wraps her arms around Jongwoon’s neck while he holds her hand and kisses it softy. Jongwoon places Ryeowook’s hand on his chest, to the place where his heart is. He looks into Ryeowook’s eyes and all she can see is Jongwoon’s love for her.

 

“I love you so much”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook while staring at her beautiful eyes.

 

“You’re the only one that I love”

 

Jongwoon leans forward and softly kisses his girlfriend’s soft pinkish lips. He cups her cheek and gently caresses her cheek.

 

“I’m fine baby. You don’t need to worry. I can go far away just to have you in my life, so please don’t give up. We’re going to make this together. I know it’s hard, but I will never give up the fight”

 

“I’m sorry because of me you’re suffering like this”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon sadly. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I am the one who choose it. You don’t need to blame yourself baby. All I want is to be with you because you’re my happiness and I love you so much. So please, stop thinking like that. I still believe that love conquers all. You don’t need to be afraid. Just stay here with me and I’ll be fine”

 

Jongwoon hugs Ryeowook. She rests her head on his chest, quietly listening to his heart beat.

 

“I love you Jongwoon Oppa. I always do”

 

“I love you too”

 

Jongwoon kisses Ryeowook’s forehead.

 

“I don’t need the richness in the world. Having you is enough for me. I know that I don’t have anything because I lose everything , except for one and it’s you and because of that, I know that I’m still the richest man in the whole universe”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who suddenly laugh.

 

“That was cheesy”

 

“I’m just telling you the truth”

 

Ryeowook looks at Jongwoon and smiles brightly.

 

“But sweet”

 

Ryeowook gives Jongwoon a sweet peck on her lips.

 

“Let s go inside. It’s getting cold out here. You’re still sick. You might end up being so sick again and I will surely worry about you”

 

“Can I just ask for something before we go inside and sleep?”

 

Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“Speak”

 

Jongwoon smiles brightly.

 

“Please give me your brightest and sweetest smile”

 

Ryeowook nods happily and flashes her brightest and sweetest smile for Jongwoon.

 

“Don’t ever take that smile away from your lips because seeing you smiling like that, I know that I can make it. No matter what happen. I can make it for you and our baby”

 

“I will always smile like this if you promise me one thing”

 

“Ok. It’s your time to speak and demand”

 

“You will give it to me?”

 

Jongwoon nods happily.

 

“Anything?”

 

“Yes. But please not the expensive one”

 

“Oh! But it’s really expensive you know. Even your father can’t even pay it because it’s really expensive and rich people, even the richest man in the whole universe can’t pay it”

 

“What is it?”

 

“You want to know?”

 

Ryeowook asks, teasing her boyfriend.

 

“Of course”

 

Jongwoon stares at Ryeowook, waiting for her to speak.

 

“Mr. Kim Jongwoon, I just want you to promise that you will also smile always. If you will do that then I’m not going to take my brightest and sweetest smile away from my lips. I can always smile for you as long as you will smile for me”

 

Ryeowook told her boyfriend, making him smile so bright. Ryeowook blushes a little.

 

“See? I told you. That smile is really expensive and nobody can ever buy it. Even the richest man can never pay that very expensive smile of yours and I’m lucky because I am the person who can always see it”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon happily. She gives him a sweet peck on his lips and holds his hand.

 

“Ok. It’s time for bed. I love you so much Jongwoon Oppa”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon while smiling.

 

“I love you too so much baby”

 

Jongwoon smiles and slowly bend down.

 

“And I love you too honey. Be safe and healthy. See you soon my little one”

 

Jongwoon whispers on Ryeowook’s tummy. He kisses Ryeowook’s tummy before standing properly. He smiles at his girlfriend and holds her hand as they went inside their room…but little do they know that there was a pair of eyes watching them from a far while smiling; a smile of selfishness that will ruin everything.