Forever and Goodbye (Chapter 19)

Forever and Good bye

Chapter 19

 

 

*PARK CHATEAU, INCHEON, SOUTH KOREA*

 

 

Jongwoon was having a peaceful breakfast with his mother in Cafe Baroque that is located at 8th floor, right wing of Park Chateau--a hotel that was owned by Teukie's family. Teukie suggested that Jongwoon, Ryeowook and their Mouse Rabbit family must stay at the hotel while they prepare for the wedding because it is near the venue of the wedding ceremony and reception. Jongwoon protested at first, but Donghae and Eunhyuk manage to change his mind and convinced him; who doesn't want to stay in a very luxurious and really comfortable place?

 

"The stylist and the makeup artist will arrive here at two in the afternoon while the wedding designer and her two assistants will be here at four in the afternoon. The photographer and--"

 

"Do you really need to do this Ms. Park?"

 

Jongwoon asks, interrupting his mother from talking. Teukie just stares at her son.

 

"I mean...I only plan for a simple wedding that my money can afford. I don't have money to pay you for the extravagant wedding that you prepare for me and my bride. I'm no longer rich and you know that. Mr. Kim takes everything away from me, even the fruit of my hard work"

 

Jongwoon told his mother, feeling embarrassed because Teukie shoulder all the expenses for his wedding. Jongwoon's real plan is a very simple wedding at a small chapel near Ryeowook's house and the reception will follow at Ryeowook's humble home. He borrows the formal clothes that he will wear on his wedding from Siwon because he doesn't have money to buy one. Siwon offers to buy him new formal suit as his wedding gift, but Jongwoon protested. He doesn't want someone to spend a single penny on his wedding. Ryeowook will wear the simple white dress that he bought for her. He didn't hire for stylist and makeup artist because he doesn’t' have enough money to hire one. Sunny and Eunhyuk volunteer to do Ryeowook's hair and makeup. He also didn't hire a photographer because Zhoumi can take pictures and videos for the wedding and hiring a professional photographer is really expensive and his budget is not enough for that. But that simple plan of his wedding suddenly becomes extravagant because of his mother. Instead of holding the wedding ceremony in a small chapel, it will be in St. Andrew's Cathedral in Incheon. The reception will no longer be at Ryeowook's humble home because Teukie book a reservation at the Grand Ballroom of The Incheon Palace even though the only visitors will be her, Siwon, the ahjusshi that owns the restaurant wherein Jongwoon and Ryeowook used to eat ramen, and the couple's Mouse Rabbit family. Teukie also hire a wedding designer for Jongwoon's formal clothes and Ryeowook's wedding dress. She also hires an orchestra and professional wedding singers for her son’s wedding.

 

"You change the entire plan for my wedding. As far as I remember, I only agree on the pre-nuptial photo shoot, the formal suit that I'm going to wear and Wookie's wedding dress. I didn't tell you to change everything and beside, you didn't consult me about this whole thing Ms. Park"

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie gives her son a worried look. She is afraid that her son will get mad at her and will hate her for changing his entire plan for his wedding to Ryeowook.

 

"I'm sorry sweetheart. But please don' hate me"

 

Teukie told her son sadly, apologizing to him. Jongwoon stares at his mother and he can see sadness in her eyes.

 

"Don't get me wrong Ms. Park"

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

"I'm not mad and I don't hate you. It's just that..."

 

Jongwoon looks at the window. He feels embarrassed to look at his mother. He hates his self for being weak and he can't even give Ryeowook an extravagant wedding since he doesn't have much money to spend for an extravagant wedding...and he feels intimated and small because of it and because it was his mother who shoulders the entire expenses for his wedding.

 

"You see Ms. Park. I'm the one who supposed to shoulder the expenses because it's my wedding. I am the one who supposed to plan an extravagant wedding for Wookie and not you. It's my job. But because I don' have money, I can't even do that. I want to give Wookie an extravagant wedding--the wedding that most rich girls are dreaming of. But...how am I supposed to do it if I'm like this? Just Jongwoon"

 

Jongwoon told his mother. He flashes a weak smile as he stares at his reflection on the window.

 

"I feel so small. I hate myself because I'm like this. I hate myself because I can't even give Wookie an extravagant wedding. I hate myself because you're the one who need to spend just for me to have an extravagant wedding. To tell you the truth Ms. Park..."

 

Jongwoon shook his head weakly.

 

"I'm not used to ask any help from other people and I'm not used to accept their help. I never accept any help from other. Why? It's because I don't want them to see me weak. I grow up to a very strict father who never accept defeat and weakness and that's why I always told myself that I must be strong all the time because that's how people see me. Kim Jongwoon, a cold person, strict, snobbish, grumpy and the person who doesn't know how to smile. A very lucky man because he has everything and he can get everything that he wants and they think that I have a cold heart"

 

Jongwoon told his mother, opening up to her. Teukie just listen to his son who is already comfortable talking to her. She feels happy because she and Jongwoon are already having a good relationship though her son is still formal towards her. Jongwoon still doesn't call her umma and he still doesn't treat her as his mother. But at least, Jongwoon already know how to open up his self to her and to speak comfortably with her. Jongwoon is no longer cold and they are no longer awkward. But then, Teukie still feel sad because she knows that her son grow up having a hard time because of Youngwoon and she hates herself for not being there for her son, especially those times wherein Jongwoon need her the most.

 

"Seriously..."

 

Jongwoon sighs.

 

"Why am I telling you those things? Why am I opening up myself to you all of a sudden? I never open up myself to anyone, only to Wookie"

 

Jongwoon sighs again. He smiles weakly, still staring at his reflection on the window.

 

"I suddenly feel embarrassed"

 

Jongwoon told his mother, feeling shy for being emotional and for sharing his pains to his mother.

 

"Sweetheart"

 

Teukie holds her son's hand. Jongwoon looks at his mother. Teukie was smiling at him.

 

"I am always here to listen, so it's ok. I want to hear everything"

 

Teukie shook her head.

 

"You don't need to carry the entire burden alone. I am here for you Jongwoonie. Umma is here for you"

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon's worries and pains suddenly go away upon hearing his mother telling him that she is there for him and because Teukie calls him 'Jongwoonie'--that's how his mother used to call him when he was still a kid. He remembers that Teukie always told him 'I am here for you Jongwoonie. Umma is here for you' whenever he feels scared, sad, hurt and whenever he is crying.

 

"Thanks you Ms. Park"

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie smiles at her son and gently pats his hand. She takes a sip on her tea before speaking.

 

"About the wedding..."

 

Teukie shook her head.

 

"You don't owe me anything. Don't feel small sweetheart. I am very proud of you because you manage to take care of yourself without me and even though your father takes away everything from you. I'm very proud of you because you already know how to fight for what you believe is right and for your own happiness. I am very proud of you because you're very courageous and strong to fight for the girl you truly love and to endure all the pain and suffering for her"

 

Teukie told her son. She feels proud and happy for her son because he didn't become like Youngwoon. But somehow, Teukie is still thankful to her ex-husband because even though he has a cold heart, he still manages to raise Jongwoon properly and teach him good values in life and instill love in Jongwoon's heart.

 

"I know that you don't want to receive any help from other people or to accept help from them. But sweetheart, I'm not an other person. I am your mother and it's my responsibility to give you the best and to catch you when you fall and to be your strength when you’re weak. Please, let me do this for you. Let me give you an extravagant wedding. Let me make it up to you for leaving you for a very long time. Let me fill in the space that I left 19 years ago"

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon just stares at her.

 

"I'm not buying you with my money. Please don' think like that. All I want is to be a mother to you and to give you an extravagant wedding. So please, let me do it sweetheart. Just take it as a wedding present from me. I also want to plan for your honeymoon, but Mrs. Lau already did that"

 

Teukie told Jongwoon, smiling at her son.

 

"Why?"

 

Jongwoon asks. Teukie stares at him blankly because she doesn't understand what's the meaning of her son's sudden question.

 

"Why?"

 

Teukie asks with confusion in her voice.

 

"Why? I hated you. I push you away from my life. I hold grudge against you. I told you that I don't want you to be my mother and I curse you as much as I want. I made you cry and I hurt you so badly. But why? Why do you still choose to love a son who hurt you and breaks your heart?"

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

"Jongwoonie..."

 

Teukie stands up and transfer beside Jongwoon. She holds her son's hand and places it to her chest; to where her heart is.

 

"You will always stay here in my heart because I love you my baby"

 

Teukie told her son as tears start forming in her eyes. She holds Jongwoon's gorgeous face between her hands and kisses his forehead.

 

"I am very happy when the doctor told me that I'm going to be a mother soon. I am really excited to see my baby and hold him in my arms and sing lullabies for him before he goes to sleep. I want to have a baby girl, but God gave me a baby boy. At first, I have to admit that I feel upset when I find out that I'm going to have a baby boy and not a baby girl. But everything changes when I finally give birth to you"

 

Jongwoon smiles as he listens to his mother.

 

"I realize that it's ok that my baby is not a girl. It's ok if I wouldn't have someone to have a girl talk with and it's ok if I wouldn't have to buy a pink dress and girly stuff because I have a cute baby boy who will always protect me from harm. I have a baby boy who will guard me and who will always defend me. God didn’t give me what I want because He gives me the best and I’m really thankful to Him. I’m happy that I have you and I love you so much even though you hate me that much. You see. I am your mother sweetheart and my role as your mother will never end even though you’re going to have your own life now. Once a mother, always a mother”

 

Teukie told her son happily.

 

“Did I ever protect you?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He shook his head.

 

“I didn’t remember protecting you from harm. All I know is I cause you harm because of my hatred towards you”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, feeling sorry for hating Teukie and for failing to understand and listen to his mother. Teukie shook her head.

 

“You did. You protect me from your father, remember?”

 

Teukie asks, reminding Jongwoon the incident at Mouse Rabbit wherein Youngwoon was about to hurt her, but Jongwoon protected her against him.

 

“But that’s enough because I fail to protect your heart from Mr. Kim”

 

Jongwoon told his mother sadly.

 

“Did you ever love him?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He finally has the courage to ask his mother about it. It was the question that he wants to ask to his mother on the night that she left him and go with Younho.

 

“I did”

 

Teukie answers. She nods her head.

 

“I do love him so much”

 

“But what happen? Why did you and Mr. Kim got divorce?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Teukie stares at her son with teary eyes.

 

“Because of loving him so much…maybe I really become selfish just like what he told me or maybe because he just doesn’t love me that much. You see. I try to hold on, but I was already hurting here…”

 

Teukie holds her chest.

 

“It was really hard when the person you love most doesn’t love you back. It was hard when the person you love most can’t return that love and can’t even give you the love that you want. That’s why I need to let go. We need to let go because we will just end up hurting each other even more and because we love you sweetheart”

 

Teukie told her son, holding back her tears.

 

“Your father and I love you so much. I know you wouldn’t believe because we fail to show it to you and because you didn’t feel it at all because we’re always busy. But we love you so much Jongwoonie. You’re our baby. If only you see how happy your father is when he finally holds you in his arms, you will realize how much he loves you”

 

Teukie wipes the tears that fall from his eyes.

 

“Your father is not a cruel dad and you know that. He is not like that before. I just don’t know why he becomes like that. I don’t know why he becomes a monster. But no matter what happen, always remember that he loves you. We love you even though our family become like this”

 

Teukie told Jongwoon, hoping that her son will no longer hate his father.

 

“I’m sorry sweetheart because we become like this. I’m sorry if you suffer that much because of me and your father”

 

“Can we stop talking about it Ms. Park?”

 

Jongwoon asks as he wipes his mother’s tears away.

 

“I don’t want to be sad on my wedding day. So please, let’s stop talking about it ok”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie nods happily and flashes a smile.

 

“Ok. I want you to be happy always. Be a good husband and father”

 

“I will”

 

Teukie kisses her son’s forehead.

 

“By the way sweetheart…”

 

Teukie stands up and returns to her seat. She opens her clutch bag and gives a small box to Jongwoon.

 

“What is this?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“Open it”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon stares at his mother before opening the small box. He saw two beautiful wedding rings that is made up of white gold. The design is very simple.

 

“That’s the wedding rings that I promise to buy for you. I’m really sorry for insisting. But I really want to buy the wedding rings for you and Wookie because the rings are the most important symbol of marriage and I want to take that honor to buy it for you and for my daughter in law. Thank you for giving me that opportunity even though it’s really against your will”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon smiles at his mother.

 

“Thank you Ms. Park. It’s wonderful. Thank you so much”

 

“I wish you more happiness sweetheart. I want to see you happy before I fly back in New York next week”

 

Teukie told her son sadly. Somehow, Jongwoon felt sad knowing that his mother will already go back in New York.

 

“But I promise to go back and visit you and Wookie. I hope when I return, my daughter in law is already pregnant. I want to take good care of my grandchild soon”

 

Teukie told her son happily. Jongwoon smiles and nods his head.

 

“Don’t hesitate to call me if you need something and if you need some help”

 

Teukie told her son.

 

“You finish your breakfast now sweetheart. You still need to do a last minute preparation for your wedding later”

 

Teukie told her son happily. Jongwoon nods his head and continues eating his breakfast with his mother, enjoying the moment with her.

 

~~~

 

*KIM MANSION, SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA*

 

 

Youngwoon was inside his office, talking to his Personal Assistant.

 

“Sir, we already find out where young master is”

 

Youngwoon’s Personal Assistant told him. Youngwoon nods his head, signaling his Personal Assistant to continue talking.

 

“He is currently staying at the hotel owned by your ex-wife’s family”

 

“Which hotel?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“Park Chateau in Incheon”

 

The Personal Assistant answers. Youngwoon smirks.

 

“Park Jungsoo is really testing my patience. She’s such a liar. I told her to surrender Jongwoon to me, but she told me that she doesn’t know where our son is. Does she really think that she can protect Jongwoon from me? Does she really think that I will not do anything to find our son and she can hide Jongwoon forever? Such a stupid girl”

 

Youngwoon told her Personal Assistant.

 

“It appears that young master Siwon is also staying there as well as some of the employees of Mouse Rabbit”

 

The Personal Assistant told his boss.

 

“I don’t care about those employees. What is my hardheaded nephew doing there?”

 

Youngwoon asks. The Personal Assistant clears his throat before speaking.

 

“Sir, we found out that today is the wedding of young master Jongwoon to Ms. Kim Ryeowook”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Youngwoon shouts with wide eyes open.

 

“The wedding will be at St. Andrew’s Cathedral in Incheon. It will be at six in the evening. The reception will follow at The Incheon Palace’s Grand Ballroom. Your ex-wife is the one who shoulder the entire expenses for the wedding of young master to Ms. Kim”

 

The Personal Assistant informs Youngwoon who slams his hands angrily on his desk.

 

“Prepare my private jet. I need to fly in Busan immediately. I need to talk to my best friend. We need to do something to stop that stupid wedding. I need to bring my son back here no matter what happen. He needs to marry Minnie tomorrow”

 

Youngwoon told his Personal Assistant, giving him instruction.

 

“Yes Sir”

 

The Personal Assistant bows at Youngwoon before leaving the office.

 

“Jongwoon is really challenging me. Damn it!”

 

Youngwoon slams his hands angrily on his desk.

 

“You really want to get huh Kim Jongwoon? I will show you the consequence of your action. If only you will surrender then I will leave that poor girl alone. But you really want to push that hard. You really want to challenge me. You choose it. I’ll leave you no choice. I will drag that poor girl in her grave. You will really get it son. You will really get it”

 

Youngwoon told his self while clenching his fist because of anger. He grabs the telephone and calls someone before he leaves his office. Youngwoon went downstairs and tell the head maid to tell his driver to drop him at the airport because he needs to go at Busan.

 

“Sulli”

 

Youngwoon calls his niece who is sitting at the living room while reading a book. Sulli closes the book that she’s reading. She stands up and stares at her uncle.

 

“Yes uncle?”

 

Sulli asks. Youngwoon walks towards her. Sulli gulps nervously when Youngwoon stares at her seriously.

 

“Where is your brother?”

 

Youngwoon asks. Sulli shook her head.

 

“I don’t know”

 

Sulli told Youngwoon. She really doesn’t know where Siwon is. She hasn’t seen him for a long time. Youngwoon takes a deep breath.

 

“If I were you, I will start calling him now. Tell him to surrender Jongwoon to me because if not, you and your family will be sleeping on the street!”

 

Youngwoon told his niece.

 

“But uncle, I really don’t know where oppa is”

 

Sulli told Youngwoon nervously.

 

“THAT’S WHY YOU NEED TO CALL HIM AND TELL HIM TO SURRENDER JONGWOON TO ME! I NEED MY SON! HE NEEDS TO BE HERE FOR HIS WEDDING TO MINNIE TOMORROW!”

 

Youngwoon shouts angrily.

 

“If your brother fails to surrender Jongwoon today, please pack your things and leave my house! Don’t try me! You will know what will happen if you go against me! Tell that to your hardheaded brother!”

 

Youngwoon told Sulli. He shoots her an angry glare before leaving the mansion.

 

~~~

 

Ryeowook was standing at the balcony of her shared room with Jongwoon. She was staring at the blue sky sadly.

 

“Why?”

 

Ryeowook asks. She feels sad because the doctor told her that her condition is worst. Her heart is weak and enlarged. She needs to undergo a medical procedure as soon as possible to correct it or else she will die. Ryeowook went at a hospital two days before they check-in at Park Chateau. She went alone without telling anyone, not even Jongwoon.

 

“I thought I was fine, but why does my heart needs to be weak again? Why does my condition suddenly become worst?”

 

Ryeowook asks herself as tears start falling from her eyes. She always feels sad and end up crying whenever she will remember what the Cardiologist told her.

 

“I don’t want to leave Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook whispers sadly.

 

“Is this the price that I should pay for stealing him away from his fiancé?”

 

Ryeowook asks herself, feeling really sad. She doesn’t know how she will accept the truth about her condition. She doesn’t know how she can accept that she should leave Jongwoon someday. Of course she doesn’t have any plan to tell Jongwoon or to any of her Mouse Rabbit family about her condition. The surgery is too expensive and they don’t have money. She doesn’t want to give Jongwoon too much burden and suffering.

 

“All I want is for us to be together and to be happy with him”

 

Ryeowook starts crying softly.

 

“But why is this thing happening? Why do I need to be sick again? Why do I need to leave soon? Why can’t I be with the man I love?”

 

Ryeowook asks herself sadly. She’s afraid to die and she doesn’t want to die because she doesn’t want to leave Jongwoon. She wants to be with him and to be happy with him and to love him with all her heart each and every second of her life. She wants to be a good wife for him. She wants her and Jongwoon to have their own family and to grow old together. But those dreams of her are already impossible to happen because she has a heart ailment and her days are numbered.

 

“BABY!”

 

Ryeowook quickly wipes her tears away when she heard Jongwoon’s voice.

 

“BABY, WHERE ARE YOU?”

 

Jongwoon shouts, looking for his soon to be wife.

 

“I’M AT THE BALCONY!”

 

Ryeowook answers. Jongwoon happily went inside the balcony and saw Ryeowook staring at the sky. He runs towards her and hugs her from behind. Jongwoon kisses Ryeowook’s cheek.

 

“I love you”

 

Jongwoon whispers sweetly on Ryeowook’s ear before resting his chin on her shoulder. He stares at the blue sky happily.

 

“How’s your breakfast with Sunny?”

 

Jongwoon asks happily.

 

“Fine. She’s making me cry because she expresses her happiness for us and she gives me some advice on how to be a good wife. It’s weird because she’s not yet a wife, but she’s giving me those advices. I think ahjumma or maybe umma are the one who need to give me those advices and not her”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, laughing softly, remembering her happy, but a little emotional breakfast with Sunny.

 

“Maybe she’s just sad because you’re no longer single and she can no longer drags you everywhere unlike before”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who nods her head.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“I’m staring at the sky while thinking”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Thinking about?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“Us”

 

Ryeowook answers. She slowly turns around to face her soon to be husband. She smiles because she can see happiness in Jongwoon’s eyes.

 

“I can see so much happiness in your eyes”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon while brushing a finger on Jongwoon’s eyelid.

 

“How’s your breakfast with umma? You didn’t scold at her because of what she did to the plan of our wedding, right?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon shook his head and smiles at Ryeowook.

 

“I enjoy eating breakfast with her. It feels so great”

 

“I’m so happy because you and umma are finally ok. I just hope that you will learn to call her umma soon. She’s your mom and I’m sure that she will be happy to hear you calling her umma again”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Baby, are you ok?”

 

Jongwoon asks upon noticing Ryeowook’s pale face.

 

“You look pale”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, staring at her worriedly.

 

“Did you cry?”

 

Jongwoon asks, staring at her sad eyes. Ryeowook shook her head and flashes a sweet smile, hiding her pain.

 

“I’m fine baby. Don’t worry about me. I told you that Sunny makes me cry awhile ago”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. It’s true that Sunny make her cry because of her sweet wishes for her and Jongwoon. But she didn’t tell Jongwoon that she cries because of sadness about her condition and she’s not feeling really well and that’s why she’s pale.

 

“Sure?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“I’m worried about you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook as he starts caressing Ryeowook’s cheek gently.

 

“You feel sick yesterday. I told you that we should see a doctor”

 

“But I’m fine and there’s nothing wrong with me. Don’t worry about me baby”

 

Ryeowook lied.

 

“We will see a doctor after our wedding. I want to make sure that you’re really fine before we leave for our honeymoon ok”

 

Jongwoon told his soon to be wife.

 

“But baby, I to—“

 

Jongwoon holds Ryeowook’s soft pinkish lips to stop her from talking.

 

“Shhhh, no more buts. Please don’t argue with me this time. I just want to make sure that you’re really fine because I won’t be able to feel at ease unless I find out that you’re really fine”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, insisting that they should see a doctor after the wedding. Ryeowook just nods her head. She will just find a solution about it after the wedding. She will just try to convince Jongwoon that she will fine and there’s no need to see a doctor.

 

“Baby”

 

Ryeowook holds Jongwoon’s gorgeous face between her hands and softly kisses his lips.

 

“I love you so much. I love you each and every second of my life and I love you with all my heart. Don’t forget that ok”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“I love you too baby. I love you with all my heart”

 

Jongwoon holds Ryeowook’s hand and places it on his chest.

 

“You will always stay here in my heart. I will love you more each day. I will always make sure that you will feel how much I love you every day and I will make you feel very special each day. No matter what happen, I will love you forever”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He kisses her lips, making her smile. Ryeowook wraps her arms around Jongwoon’s neck. She leans her face closer to his and gently brushes her nose on his. Ryeowook starts brushing her finger on Jongwoon’s eyebrow while staring at his eyes full of love.

 

“Promise me that you’re going to be fine even though I’m not with you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Baby, what are you talking about? You’re not leaving me, aren’t you?”

 

Jongwoon asks with confusion in his voice. Ryeowook smiles at him.

 

“Why will I do that?”

 

Ryeowook asks. She keeps a smile on her lips though she’s already feeling hurt inside—she doesn’t know how she will tell Jongwoon about her real condition.

 

“I just want you to promise me that you will be fine even though we’re not together. You see. Not all the time we need to be together. I mean, you need to work and I need to work. Something like that. But I want to hear from you that you will be fine even though I’m not by your side”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“I will always be fine whenever you’re with me”

 

“Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook pouts cutely.

 

“I will be always fine whenever you’re with me. I can’t promise you that I will be fine even though you’re not by my side, so stop talking like that. We will be together for the rest of our lives. Don’t scare me like this ok”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, hugging her tight.

 

“Baby, I’m not going to be fine without you”

 

“But you should learn”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, hugging him while controlling his tears from falling.

 

“I want you to be happy always and promise that you will reconcile with your dad”

 

Ryeowook told her soon to be husband. Jongwoon stares at her.

 

“I don’t want you to hold grudge and too much hatred in your heart. I know that the wound that he cause is still there, but I want you to learn to let go of those painful memories and forgive your father and reconcile with him. Not now. But when you’re finally ready ok”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, raising her pinky in front of him.

 

“Pinky promise”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling sweetly at him.

 

“Why are you telling me this baby? Are you planning to abandon me on the day of our wedding?”

 

Jongwoon asks worriedly. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“Of course not, why will I do that? I want to marry you and I want to marry you. I’m just telling you those things, so that we’re going to live a peaceful life. I don’t want you to hate your dad and hold grudge against him forever. That’s not healthy you know”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Pinky promise”

 

Ryeowook insisted. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“I will try. But not now. The right time will come for that”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook and intertwines his pinky on hers. Ryeowook nods her head and smiles at Jongwoon.

 

“Come”

 

Ryeowook holds Jongwoon’s hands.

 

“Let’s do the things that we need to do before our wedding”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. She wants to be happy with Jongwoon until the day that she needs to leave him alone. She wants to love Jongwoon until the day that she needs to close her eyes forever. She wants to cherish each and every second of her life with the man she loves.

 

“Let’s be happy together ok”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon happily. Jongwoon nods his head and smiles at the girl he loves most.

 

“Ok. Let’s be happy together. I love you so much baby”

 

Jongwoon softly kisses Ryeowook’s lips. They smile at each other and leaves the balcony while holding each other’s hand to do the things that they need to do before their wedding.

 

~~~

 

*LEE MANSION, BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA*

 

 

Sungmin was sitting comfortable on her bed while talking to Sulli over the phone.

 

“Sulli sweetheart, will you please tell me what is happening? Why are you crying? Did something bad happen?”

 

Sungmin asks nervously.

 

“Please tell me what it is”

 

Sungmin told Sulli who keeps on crying over the phone.

 

“Unnie, I need your help”

 

Sulli told Sungmin.

 

“Tell me what happen and I will try my best to help you. What’s going on?”

 

Sungmin asks with concern. Sulli takes a deep breath.

 

“Uncle Youngwoon told me to tell Siwon oppa to surrender Jongwoon oppa to him because if not, our family will be sleeping on the street”

 

Sulli told Sungmin, feeling so worried about family. She doesn’t want to sleep on the street. She can’t live a life without luxury, power and wealth.

 

“What? Why?”

 

Sungmin asks worriedly.

 

“Jongwoon oppa is not yet home. They can’t find him”

 

Sulli told Sungmin.

 

“But how about our wedding tomorrow?”

 

Sungmin asks, feeling worried that Jongwoon will not show up tomorrow for their wedding. Sulli shook her head.

 

“Uncle Youngwoon flies in Busan today. He will go there to talk to your father. Maybe they will plan something to find Jongwoon oppa”

 

Sulli told Sungmin.

 

“Why don’t you call Siwon oppa? Ask him if he knows where Jongwoon is”

 

Sungmin told Sulli.

 

“I already did”

 

Sulli shook her head.

 

“But I can’t contact him. His mobile phone is out of coverage area. I try calling him in his condo, but the answering machine is the one that answers the call. Unnie, please help me”

 

Sulli told Sungmin.

 

“Ok. I’ll talk to Youngwoon appa about it. I’ll see what I can do. Stop crying now. What I want you to do is to keep trying to contact Siwon oppa. I will hire someone who will look for him and Jongwoon. But as of now, please don’t stop on contacting him. Just keep trying ok”

 

Sungmin told Sulli who nods her head.

 

“Ok unnie”

 

Sulli told Sungmin, wiping her tears away.

 

“Ok. I’m going to check if Youngwoon appa is already here, so I can talk to him. I’ll just give you a call later”

 

Sungmin told Sulli before hanging up.

 

“Seriously, where on earth is Jongwoon? Tomorrow is our wedding day. We should find him today and bring him back at the Kim mansion no matter what it takes. If I need to hire someone who will abduct him, I will do it”

 

Sungmin told herself. She sighs and puts down her mobile phone on top of her bed. She stands up and wears her silver Christian Louboutin cora flats before leaving her room. She went downstairs and found her father and Youngwoon talking to each other very seriously.

 

“Did you already found Jongwoon?”

 

Mr. Lee asks. Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“He’s currently staying at Park Chateau in Incheon. Teukie is the one who is keeping him and that poor girl. They are planning to marry each other and the wedding is later at six in the evening at St. Andrew’s Cathedral in Incheon”

 

Youngwoon told his best friend. Sungmin’s eyes widened upon hearing Youngwoon telling her father that Jongwoon and Ryeowook will marry each other on that day.

 

“We need to do something Youngwoon. Your son can’t marry that poor girl. He is for my daughter and you know that. His and Minnie’s wedding will be tomorrow. He can’t marry that trash”

 

Mr. Lee told his best friend. Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“Of course he will not marry that poor girl. I will never let it happen. We will abduct Jongwoon later before the wedding ceremony start. We will make a scene at St. Andrew’s Cathedral. Let’s see what will happen when Jongwoon witness how that poor girl die in front of him. I already hire someone who will shoot her down”

 

Youngwoon told his best friend, flashing his evil smile. Mr. Lee and Youngwoon suddenly stand up when they heard a noise; something falls on the floor. They look around and found Sungmin standing at the stairway. She accidentally drops the flower vase that was on top of the table near the stairway upon hearing Youngwoon and Mr. Lee’s plan.

 

“Sweetheart…”

 

Mr. Lee quickly walks towards his daughter. Youngwoon follows him.

 

“Appa, you’re not planning to kill her, right?”

 

Sungmin asks with teary eyes. Mr. Lee and Youngwoon didn’t answer.

 

“APPA, I’M ASKING YOU!”

 

Sungmin raises her voice.

 

“It’s none of your business sweetie. We need to get rid of the trash”

 

“NO!”

 

Sungmin shouts. She shook her head, controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Leave her alone! Don’t kill her. Just abduct Jongwoon. But don’t kill her. Please appa. Don’t do it!”

 

Sungmin told her father. Yes she wants to marry Jongwoon, but she doesn’t want Ryeowook to die. It’s not part of her plan. All she wants is to get Jongwoon and to be his wife. She can’t believe that her father and Youngwoon will go further than that.

 

“Sweetheart, listen to me”

 

Mr. Lee holds his daughter’s beautiful face between his hands. He stares at Sungmin.

 

“Youngwoon and I want what is the best for you and Jongwoon”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter.

 

“And do you think killing her is the best way?”

 

Sungmin asks as she shook her head.

 

“All I want is to marry Jongwoon. I want to be his wife. That’s the plan. I didn’t tell you and Youngwoon appa that I want her to be dead. You told me that you will abduct Jongwoon to bring him home. Killing her is not included in the plan, so what the hell are you talking about? Why do you want to kill her?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“We need to get rid of her. The society doesn’t need a trash like her. She needs to die, so you and Jongwoon can live a peaceful life as husband and wife. She might disturb you and Jongwoon if we will let her live”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin.

 

“What kind of mindset is that Youngwoon appa? You want to kill her because of a stupid reason. Just leave her alone. Bring back Jongwoon for our wedding tomorrow. Don’t ever touch that girl if you don’t want me to go against you and appa!”

 

Sungmin told Youngwoon. She focuses her eyes back on her father.

 

“Don’t do it appa. Don’t hurt her. Please, I’m begging you. You and Youngwoon appa are not a killer, so don’t do it. Don’t touch her! Just leave her alone! Please appa, I’m begging you”

 

Sungmin told her father, begging him. Mr. Lee shook his head.

 

“Youngwoon and I are not the one who will shoot her. We hire someone to do it, so we’re not a killer ok”

 

“That’s still the same because you’re the one who plot it. Just don’t do it appa!”

 

Sungmin told her father, pushing him away from her. She shook her head.

 

“You and Youngwoon appa will not do it. I will not allow you to do it. You will not kill that girl. Nobody will die”

 

Sungmin told her father. Mr. Lee stares at Youngwoon. They nod at each other. Mr. Lee quickly captures his daughter before she can walk away. He calls the head maid and orders her to lock the door of the balcony in Sungmin’s room.

 

“APPA, LET ME GO!!!”

 

Sungmin shouts as she struggles to escape from her father. Mr. Lee and Youngwoon bring Sungmin inside her room. Youngwoon gets Sungmin’s mobile phone and cut the telephone line inside her room.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“This is for your own good sweetheart. Trust me”

 

Mr. Lee told her daughter. Sungmin shook her head as tears start falling from her eyes.

 

“Please don’t do it. I’m begging you appa”

 

“I’m sorry. She needs to die”

 

“Appa”

 

Mr. Lee kisses Sungmin’s forehead and pushes her on her bed. He quickly goes out of the room with Youngwoon. He locks the door of his daughter’s room.

 

“APPA!!!”

 

Sungmin shouts. She runs towards the door and tries to open the door.

 

“PLEASE LET ME OUT! DON’T DO THIS TO ME APPA!”

 

Sungmin shouts as she starts knocking on the door.

 

“You will stay there until we bring back Jongwoon at the Kim mansion”

 

Youngwoon told Sungmin.

 

“You will not ruin our plan sweetheart. It’s for your own good. Just relax inside your room because tomorrow you will be Mrs. Kim Jongwoon”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter. Sungmin shook her head.

 

“Let me out. Please don’t do it appa. Please, I’m begging you. Just let her live. Leave her alone…please”

 

Sungmin told her father, begging him. Mr. Lee shook her head.

 

“See you later sweetheart”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter. He and Youngwoon went downstairs. Mr. Lee orders the bodyguards to guard the mansion and never ever let Sungmin to escape from her room.

 

“APPA! LET ME OUT! PLEASE DON’T DO IT! DON’T KILL HER!!!”

 

Sungmin shouts.

 

“Appa…please…no”

 

Sungmin whispers. She sits on the floor and starts crying softly, feeling hopeless because she can’t do anything to stop her father and Youngwoon in their plan on killing Ryeowook because they lock her inside her room. They get her mobile phone and cut the telephone line inside her room, so she can’t call for help. Sungmin knows that her father will never allow her to escape and ruin their plan. The only thing that she can do at that moment is to cry and hope that her father and Youngwoon will have a change of heart.

 



 

 

Teukie softly knocks on Sunny’s hotel room before opening the door.

 

“Can I come in?”

 

Teukie asks. Ryeowook, Sunny and Mrs. Lau all stare at her and flash a bright smile.

 

“Umma, please come in”

 

Ryeowook told her soon to be mother in law happily. Teukie went inside the room and gently closes the door. She happily walks towards Ryeowook who is sitting on the bed with Sunny and Mrs. Lau. Sunny stand up and sits on the couch, so Teukie can sit beside Ryeowook.

 

“Thank you”

 

Teukie told Sunny, smiling at her. She sits beside Ryeowook and stares at her.

 

“You look so beautiful sweetheart…very beautiful. You’re the most beautiful bride and I’m sure that my son will never take his eyes away from you”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook, making her smile.

 

“Where is he?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“He’s having a photo shoot with the boys. He actually plans to sneak out and go here to see you. It’s good that Mimi and Siwon catch him. I told him that he can’t see you because he will ruin the excitement. It’s no longer a surprise if he already sees you wearing your wedding dress. He keeps on insisting like a kid. It’s good that he finally surrenders and decided to just have a photo shoot with the boys”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook, laughing softly as she remembers Jongwoon begging her like a kid for her to allow him to see Ryeowook.

 

“He is very excited. He will go to cathedral with the boys after their photo shoot at the lobby and garden of the hotel”

 

Teukie told her soon to be daughter in law happily.

 

“Are you not going with them?”

 

Ryeowook asks as she stares at Teukie curiously. Teukie smiles and shook her head.

 

“Why?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Teukie holds Ryeowook’s hands.

 

“Your loving husband told me that I should go with you and walk with you on the aisle”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook. Jongwoon wants his mother to walk with Ryeowook on the aisle because she grows up without knowing who her real parents are. Jongwoon just want his bride to feel that she has a mother. He knows that Mrs. Lau will also walk with Ryeowook on the aisle, but he also wants his mother to walk with her on the aisle, so that Ryeowook will know that there are two wonderful women who are always there to be a mother for her.

 

“But how about him? Who will walk with him on the aisle?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“He told me that he can walk alone”

 

Teukie cups Ryeowook’s beautiful face and starts caressing her cheek gently.

 

“Jongwoonie wants you to know that you have two mothers. I and Mrs. Lau. He told me that you grow up without knowing who your real parents are and you become an orphan as such a young age. Mrs. Lau, Jongwoon and I don’t want you to feel that you’re alone in this very special day. Since you no longer have parents, Mrs. Lau and I will stand as your parents not just for today, but forever. We are your mothers. Always remember that”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook before hugging her. Mrs. Lau smiles at them.

 

“You too look like real mother and daughter”

 

Mrs. Lau told them, feeling happy for Ryeowook because she will have a very wonderful mother in law. Mrs. Lau’s tears suddenly falls from her eyes. She can’t hold it back anymore because she’s feeling so happy for Ryeowook and Jongwoon.

 

“Ahjumma, you’re crying again”

 

Ryeowook told Mrs. Lau.

 

“You’re making me cry too”

 

Teukie told Mrs. Lau as they both start crying because of happiness.

 

“Why are you guys crying?”

 

Ryeowook asks worriedly. Teukie and Mrs. Lau wipe their tears away.

 

“We’re just happy for you sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook, smiling at her.

 

“Mrs. Lau is right. We’re just happy for you. I just can’t explain the happiness that I’m feeling right now because of seeing my son so happy. The last time that I saw him being so happy like this is when we spend his third birthday in Jamaica. I thought I will never going to see him so happy again”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook. She holds her hands and smiles at her.

 

“Thank you for being his strength and happiness. Thank you for loving him and for not giving up on him even though my ex-husband really makes it hard for both of you. Thank you for staying by his side. He loves you so much and I’m happy because it’s you. Jongwoon is very lucky to have a wonderful wife like you. I guess I can already go back in New York without an achy breaky heart”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook.

 

“Umma, do you really need to go back in New York?”

 

Ryeowook asks sadly. She wants Teukie to stay, so she can be closer to Jongwoon. Teukie nods her head.

 

“I want to stay for Jongwoon. I want to be with him. But I need to go back in New York. I can’t stay here and Jongwoon knows that. He knows why I choose to leave. But don’t worry because I will visit you and Jongwoon every month and maybe you and Jongwoon can go in New York to have vacation there. I hope to hear good news when I visit you and Jongwoon next month. I want a cute grandchild ok”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook, making her blush.

 

“By the way…”

 

Teukie opens her purse.

 

“Before we go at the cathedral for the wedding, let me give you these first”

 

Teukie gets the blue diamond earrings inside her purse and puts it carefully on Ryeowook’s ears.

 

“That’s yours now”

 

“But umma…”

 

Teukie gently presses a finger on Ryeowook’s lips to stop her from talking.

 

“It’s yours ok. My mother was the one who gave me those earrings. I wear it on my wedding day. I keep it because I want to give it to my future daughter in law, so she can wear it on her wedding day. It’s for you to keep and maybe if you and Jongwoon will have a daughter in the future, you can give it to her on her wedding day. But if you won’t have a daughter, maybe you can give it to your future daughter in law”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook, smiling at her.

 

“Thank you umma”

 

Ryeowook told Teukie as she hugs her tight.

 

“Please take care of Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook whispers to her future mother in law, controlling her tears from falling. Teukie stares at her blankly, wondering why Ryeowook say those words. Ryeowook just smiles at Teukie.

 

“I think we should go now at the cathedral, right?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Teukie and Mrs. Lau smile at her and nod. Ryeowook bites her lower lip when she feels a sudden chest pain.

 

“Sweetheart, are you ok?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks when she notices Ryeowook biting her lower lip and she looks like she’s in pain. Teukie stares at Ryeowook worriedly.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

Teukie asks.

 

“Please not now…please, I want to walk on the aisle and marry Jongwoon…please”

 

Ryeowook thought. She takes a deep breath and manages to smile even though she’s in pain.

 

“I’m fine. I’m just feeling nervous and excited”

 

Ryeowook lied.

 

“Let’s go now. Maybe Jongwoon and the boys are already there”

 

Ryeowook told them.

 

“Are you sure that you’re ok?”

 

Teukie asks with concern because Ryeowook looks a bit pale. Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“I’m ok umma.  No need to worry about me. Let’s go now”

 

Ryeowook told them. She keeps a smile on her face even though she’s not feeling so good. She doesn’t want the people she loves to worry about her and it’s her wedding day. No matter what happen, she wants to marry the man she loves most. Ryeowook slowly stand up. She takes a deep breath and smiles at Teukie, Mrs. Lau and Sunny who are staring at her worriedly.

 

“Let’s go?”

 

Ryeowook asks, still smiling; bearing the pain that she’s feeling at that moment. Teukie and Mrs. Lau stand up as well as Sunny.

 

“Ok. Let’s go now”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook. They all smile at her as they leave the hotel room to go at St. Andrew’s Cathedral for the wedding ceremony.

 

~~~

 

*ST. ANDREW’S CATHEDRAL*

 

 

The cathedral is filled with beautiful white and blue flowers. The flower arrangements are very simple, but elegant and really beautiful. The atmosphere is very romantic and the people who are present to witness Jongwoon and Ryeowook’s exchange of vows are all smiling, feeling very happy for the couple. The orchestra is playing a lovely melody as they all stare at the door of the cathedral that is slowly opening to welcome the bride.

 

“This is it Jongwoon-ah. Finally, you’re getting married. I really thought that you will grow old alone because you only know how to be busy with your work”

 

Siwon told his cousin, teasing him.

 

“But I’m happy for you. You and Wookie deserve to be happy. I hope I can also find  the right girl for me”

 

Siwon told Jongwoon.

 

“If you will stop being a playboy, I’m sure that you can meet your other half soon”

 

Jongwoon whispers, teasing his cousin.

 

“Hey, no hitting below the belt”

 

Siwon replies, hitting Jongwoon’s arm softly. Jongwoon stares at his cousin.

 

“What? I’m just telling you the truth. You need to be serious with your life if you want to find the right girl for you”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon, patting his cousin’s shoulder happily. Siwon’s eyes suddenly grow big as he stares at someone.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“Wow! She looks like a goddess that fall down from heaven. She’s so wonderful Jongwoon and I really envy you”

 

Siwon told his cousin while staring at Jongwoon’s wonderful bride. Jongwoon slowly turns around. He smiles brightly while staring at his bride who is slowly walking down the aisle with his mother and Mrs. Lau. Jongwoon’s eyes start getting teary. He feels so happy on that moment. Words can’t describe how happy he is. His heart is overflowing with so much happiness. He feels very thankful because he is finally getting married to the girl he loves most next to his mother. Jongwoon feels blessed and thankful because he and Ryeowook can finally be together. He is very thankful because after all that they’ve been through, all the pain, sufferings and hardships, they still manage to be strong and to fight for each other. Jongwoon regret nothing. He didn’t regret giving up the life that he is used to live with just to be with Ryeowook. He didn’t regret losing everything because for him, he is the richest man because he has Ryeowook; being happy with the girl he loves most is enough for him because he can always find ways to look for money, but he can never find another Ryeowook in his life.

 

“She’s so lovely. I love her so much”

 

Jongwoon told his self as he stares at Ryeowook who is smiling brightly while walking down the aisle with Teukie and Mrs. Lau.

 

“Brides don’t cry on their wedding day”

 

Teukie whispers to Ryeowook because she notices her crying.

 

“I’m just happy umma”

 

Ryeowook told her soon to be mother in law. Yes, she is happy because she’s finally marrying the man she loves most. Her dream fairytale is already coming true. But then, Ryeowook can’t help but to feel sad too because she knows that she needs to go and leave Jongwoon soon.

 

“Wipe your tears sweetheart. We’re near the end of the aisle. You don’t want your gorgeous groom to see your tears”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook, giving her a handkerchief. Ryeowook wipes her tears away and flashes a bright smile as they finally reach the end of the aisle. She and Jongwoon stare at each other happily and full of love for each other. Teukie and Mrs. Lau hug Jongwoon.

 

“I’m happy for you Jongwoonie”

 

Teukie told her son. She kisses Jongwoon’s forehead. Jongwoon smiles at her. He bows at his mother and Mrs. Lau before taking Ryeowook’s hand. They slowly walk together towards the altar. The priest smiles at them.

 

“Family and friends, we have been invited here today to share with Jongwoon and Ryeowook a very important moment in their lives. In the years that they have been together, their love and understanding for each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife”

 

The priest told them as he officially starts the wedding ceremony. He stares at the lovely couple and smile at them.

 

“Jongwoon and Ryeowook, remember to treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Take responsibility for making the other feel safe, and give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they all threaten all relationships at some ti—“

 

The priest suddenly stops talking when he saw people wearing black suit came inside the cathedral.

 

“STOP THE WEDDING!!!”

 

They all stare at the back and found men in black. Teukie’s eyes widened as well as Jongwoon when they recognizes who they are—it was Jongwoon’s bodyguards and some of Youngwoon’s bodyguards and Personal Assistants. They even saw people holding guns. The priest suddenly freeze when a man stand behind him, pointing a gun on his head.

 

“I’ll blow your head if you continue the wedding ceremony”

 

The man told the priest.

 

“What is the meaning of this?”

 

Jongwoon asks one of his father’s Personal Assistant. He stands in front of Ryeowook, protecting her from them.

 

“Baby, what is happening?”

 

Ryeowook asks, feeling nervous.

 

“Young master, you need to go with us”

 

One of Youngwoon’s Personal Assistants told Jongwoon.

 

“If Mr. Kim sends all of you here to stop my wedding, I’m telling you to leave now because I will not go with you”

 

Jongwoon told him, shooting him a serious look.

 

“Tell that bastard man that he can never stop me from marrying the girl that I love”

 

“But young master…”

 

Jongwoon’s bodyguards walk towards him and captures him.

 

“LET ME GO!”

 

Jongwoon shouts as he struggles to escape. Siwon was about to run towards his cousin to help him, but Youngwoon’s bodyguards capture him before he can go near Jongwoon.

 

“Just go with us young master. We need to bring you home”

 

One of Jongwoon’s bodyguards told him. Jongwoon manages to escape from them. He hugs Ryeowook tightly, so they can’t separate them.

 

“LEAVE US ALONE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. But his bodyguards keep on pulling him away from Ryeowook. Jongwoon and Ryeowook hold each other’s hand tight, never want to let go of each other.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

“Don’t let go of my hand”

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

Ryeowook’s chest suddenly aches.

 

“Wookie, don’t let go of my hand!”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

Ryeowook whispers as she falls on the floor holding her chest. She can’t breathe and her chest is aching so badly. Jongwoon pushes his bodyguards away. He kneels on the floor and carries Ryeowook on his arms, allowing her head to rest on his lap. Their Mouse Rabbit family quickly runs towards them to check Ryeowook—she is breathing so fast.

 

“Wookie, please…”

 

Jongwoon’s tears start falling from his eyes as he holds Ryeowook’s hand tight. He kisses it softly.

 

“Please talk to me. Don’t leave me baby…please”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Jong…”

 

Ryeowook holds her chest tightly, feeling so much pain. Jongwoon’s bodyguards and Youngwoon’s Person Assistants capture Jongwoon and pull him away from Ryeowook.

 

“LET ME GO!!! I’M NOT GOING WITH YOU!!! LET ME GO!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts as they drag him away from Ryeowook.

 

“WOOKIE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts, trying to escape from them.

 

“Young master stop struggling or else your mother will die!”

 

One of Youngwoon’s Personal Assistants told him. Jongwoon’s eyes widened when he saw a man holding his mother while pointing a gun on her head.

 

“Stop being a hardheaded kid and just go with us!”

 

He told Jongwoon who pushes him away. Jongwoon struggles to escape from them. He manages to escape, but they capture him immediately.

 

“LET ME GO!!! WOOKIE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. His bodyguards are holding him tight, so he can’t escape anymore.

 

“KILL THE GIRL NOW!!!”

 

One of Youngwoon’s Personal Assistants shout, ordering someone to shoot Ryeowook.

 

“NO!!! DON’T TOUCH HER!!! STOP!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. He saw a man points his gun on Ryeowook’s direction.

 

“NO!!! WOOKIE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. The man pulls the trigger. Jongwoon’s tears start falling from his eyes.

 

“HAE!!!”

 

They all shout. Eunhyuk quickly run towards his husband who is lying on the floor. Donghae was the one who got shot and not Ryeowook. He runs towards Ryeowook to protect her from the bullet. Donghae’s right arm is bleeding.

 

“HAE!!! WOOKIE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. Teukie and Siwon feel so helpless as they watch them drag Jongwoon away from the cathedral. They want to help him, but they can’t do anything because they are afraid that those men who are holding guns will cause commotion and hurt each and every one in the cathedral. The man holding Teukie pushes her away and runs outside. The men who are holding Siwon and the priest follow him, freeing the poor priest and Siwon.

 

“GIVE ME BACK MY SON!”

 

Teukie shouts. She was about to run after them and beg them to give Jongwoon back, but Siwon holds his aunt’s arm to stop her from leaving.

 

“Leave it to me aunt. I’ll be the one who will bring Jongwoon back. Please bring Wookie and Hae at the nearest hospital. I’ll follow them and bring Jongwoon back”

 

Siwon told his aunt. Teukie nods her head and run towards Ryeowook and Donghae to check them.

 

“Mimi, please give me a call”

 

Siwon told his friend. Zhoumi nods her head.

 

“I promise to bring him back”

 

Siwon told Teukie before running away to follow Jongwoon and bring him back.

 

“Let’s bring them to the hospital now”

 

Teukie told them. She holds Ryeowook’s hand.

 

“Please hang on….please”

 

Teukie told Ryeowook who is already unconscious. Zhoumi carries Ryeowook on his arms. Eunhyuk tear the hem of his dress shirt and wraps it on his husband’s bleeding arm.

 

“I will be fine. Don’t worry about me”

 

Donghae told Eunhyuk, wiping his tears away.

 

“Of course you need to be fine because I’m going to burn you and your grave if you will leave me and our Minho. Try to die now and you will see”

 

Eunhyuk told his husband. Donghae flashes a weak smile and passes out. Henry helps Eunhyuk to carry Donghae. They quickly leave the cathedral to rush Ryeowook and Donghae to the nearest hospital.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon was sitting inside the limousine with his bodyguards. He was thinking of a plan on how he will be able to escape from them. It will be impossible for him to escape because there are two cars in front of them. Youngwoon’s bodyguards are riding those cars and then there are three cars behind them. His other bodyguards and Youngwoon’s Personal Assistants are there and the men that Youngwoon and Mr. Lee hire to kill Ryeowook.

 

“Please, let me go. I need to see if Wookie is fine”

 

Jongwoon told his bodyguards.

 

“I don’t want to go home and marry Minnie. I don’t love her. Just let me go now!”

 

Jongwoon told them angrily. They shook their head.

 

“We’re very sorry young master, but we’re just following what your father told us”

 

“We need to bring you home no matter what it takes”

 

Jongwoon’s bodyguards told them. The limousine suddenly stops because the traffic lights are red. Jongwoon takes a deep breath.

 

“Fine. You leave me no choice”

 

Jongwoon told them. He quickly hits one of his bodyguard’s faces as hard as he can. He grabs the gun that falls on the floor and points it to his bodyguards.

 

“OPEN THE ING DOOR!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts. He grabs one of his bodyguards and points the gun to him.

 

“I’ll shoot you if you won’t open the door. Don’t try me. I don’t care if I end up on jail. OPEN THE ING DOOR!!! LET ME GO!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts angrily. He hits his bodyguard’s face again, so he will open the door.

 

“OPEN THE DOOR YOU ING !!!”

 

Jongwoon told his bodyguard, shooting the bottle of wine inside the limousine.

 

“THE NEXT BULLET WILL BE YOURS IF YOU WON’T OPEN IT!”

 

Jongwoon told his bodyguard, shooting him a deadly glare. Jongwoon’s driver opens the partition window to check what is happening inside.

 

“If you drive, I’ll shoot you”

 

Jongwoon threatens his driver, pointing the gun on his head. The traffic lights are already green. Cars are starting to blow their horns because the limousine is not moving. Jongwoon stares at his bodyguard.

 

“Open the door”

 

Jongwoon commanded. He opens the door to let Jongwoon out. Jongwoon punches his bodyguard’s face for the last time and pushes him away. He throws the gun away and quickly went out of the limousine. Youngwoon’s Personal Assistants saw Jongwoon go out from the limousine. He orders everyone to run after him and catch him. Jongwoon starts running as fast as he can when he saw them chasing him. Siwon saw his cousin running away, trying his very best to escape from his bodyguards, Youngwoon’s bodyguards and Personal Assistants and to those men that Mr. Lee and Youngwoon hire to kill Ryeowook. He blows his car horn so loud to catch his cousin’s attention. Jongwoon stops from running when he recognizes the Audi R8 Spyder. He quickly opens the door and went inside.

 

“Where…where…are Wookie and Ha…Hae?”

 

Jongwoon asks as he pants so hard because of running. Siwon drives his car as fast as he can, so they can’t catch them.

 

“They bring them at Incheon Medical Center”

 

Siwon answers his cousin. He stares at the rare view mirror and found the cars following them.

 

“Aish! I think we need to take a detour first Jongwoon. We need to lose them first before we go at the hospital because if not, they will surely catch us and they might cause a chaos in the hospital”

 

Siwon told his cousin. Jongwoon nods his head, still panting hard.

 

“Just make sure that they won’t catch us and I will be able to go at Incheon Medical Center for Wookie and of course for Hae”

 

Jongwoon told his cousin. Siwon nods his head.

 

“Let’s play the catching game ing s”

 

Siwon whispers. He steps on the accelerator of his car to double his speed and take a detour to lose those cars that are following them.

 

~~~

 

*KIM MANSION*

 

 

“STUPID!!! ALL OF YOU ARE SO STUPID!!!”

 

Youngwoon shouts angrily.

 

“But someone catch the bullet that is meant for her”

 

The man told Youngwoon, reasoning out for failing to kill Ryeowook. Youngwoon stares at him and hits him hard on his face.

 

“PABO!!!”

 

Youngwoon shouts angrily.

 

“YOU MUST SHOOT THEM ALL!! I DON’T CARE IF ALL OF THEM DIE!!”

 

Youngwoon shouts.

 

“But your wife is there”

 

The other man told Youngwoon.

 

“You didn’t hurt her, don’t you?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“I push her away when we leave the cathedral”

 

The man answers. Youngwoon hits the man’s face because of anger.

 

“WHO TOLD YOU TO TOUCH HER?”

 

Youngwoon asks angrily.

 

“ALL OF YOU ARE STUPID! YOU FAIL TO KILL THAT TRASH AND NOW YOU FAIL TO BRING MY SON BACK! HOW CAN YOU LET HIM ESCAPE HUH?”

 

Youngwoon shouts.

 

“Youngwoon, what are we going to do now? We can’t let Jongwoon escape like this. Tomorrow is his wedding to my daughter. I don’t want my daughter to be embarrassed tomorrow because of Jongwoon. He must show up in the wedding no matter what happen”

 

Mr. Lee told Youngwoon.

 

"Don’t worry. I will do something to catch him!”

 

Youngwoon told his best friend, shooting everyone a serious glare.

 

“Sir”

 

One of Youngwoon’s Personal Assistant walk towards him and whispers something on him, making him smile like a devil.

 

“I see”

 

Youngwoon nods his head. He looks at Mr. Lee.

 

“I already know what to do. I will be the one who will bring my son back. He really thinks that he can escape from me?”

 

Youngwoon asks as he shook his head happily.

 

“I still have the ace Kim Jongwoon. You will never win against me because you’re just my son and you’re nothing without me”

 

Youngwoon told his self happily. He stares at his Personal Assistant.

 

“Call the Director of Incheon Medical Center and tell him that I’m going there to talk to him. Withdraw two billion dollars in my account. It’s a gift from them”

 

Youngwoon orders his Personal Assistant.

 

“Tell my driver to get ready because we will go at Incheon Medical Center and fetch Jongwoon”

 

Youngwoon told his Personal Assistant who bows at him before walking away. Youngwoon looks at his best friend happily.

 

“Jongwoon can never escape because the game is already over. I already win”

 

Youngwoon told Mr. Lee as they both flash their evil smiles.

 

~~~

 

Siwon arrives at Incheon Medical Center with Jongwoon.

 

“How are Wookie and Hae?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Teukie and Mrs. Lau run towards him and hug him tight.

 

“Thank goodness you’re fine”

 

Teukie told her son while crying softly.

 

“How are Wookie and Hae?”

 

Jongwoon asks again.

 

“Hae is safe now. The operation is successful. They already bring him at the recovery room. But Wookie…”

 

Mrs. Lau stops talking as she starts crying again. She is worried about Ryeowook. Everyone is worried about her.

 

“What about Wookie?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Teukie was about to speak to tell her son about Ryeowook’s condition when the doctor came out from the ICU.

 

“Who is the relative of Ms. Kim Ryeowook?”

 

The doctor asks. They quickly walk towards him.

 

“What happen to her? How is she?”

 

Jongwoon asks with teary eyes, feeling nervous and really worried about Ryeowook.

 

“She has an enlarged heart causing it to be weak. She needs to undergo a heart surgery for her to live and we need to perform it immediately”

 

The doctor informs them.

 

“It’s ok doctor. Do whatever you need to do to save her. She needs to live. Please save her. I don’t care how much money I need to spend for her operation, just please save her”

 

Teukie told the doctor, begging him to save Ryeowook.

 

“Arasso”

 

The doctor nods his head.

 

“I will do my best to save the patient. Please excuse me for awhile”

 

The doctor bows at them and return inside the ICU to give orders to his fellow doctors and to the nurses for Ryeowook’s heart surgery.

 

“Ms. Park…”

 

Jongwoon stares at his mother. Teukie hugs him. She wants her son to feel that he is not alone.

 

“It’s ok my Jongwoonie. Umma is here. I will not leave you. Wookie will live. We will do everything for her to live. Don’t worry about the hospital bills. I will be the one who will pay for it. The most important thing is Hae is fine now and Wookie will live. It’s ok”

 

Teukie told her son, hugging him tight to comfort him.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon was sitting outside the ICU. He wants to go inside and see Ryeowook, but no one is allowed to enter as of the moment. They are waiting for doctors and nurses to go out and bring Ryeowook at the operating room 2.

 

“I’m sorry for what happen to Hae”

 

Jongwoon told Eunhyuk sadly.

 

“It’s not your fault hyung. Hae just did the right thing. He just protects Wookie from danger. Nobody wants it to happen, so please don’t apologize”

 

Eunhyuk told Jongwoon, wiping his tears away.

 

“You see. I will also do what he did if I am in his situation”

 

Eunhyuk told Jongwoon. He gently pats Jongwoon’s shoulder.

 

“Hae is fine now. Wookie will be fine. I know she is because she’s a very strong girl. She never gives up easily. I know that she can make it. She will open her eyes and when she finally recovers and become healthy again, we will pursue the wedding”

 

Eunhyuk told Jongwoon, controlling his tears from falling. He is worried towards his friend. He keeps on hoping and praying that Ryeowook will be safe and will live.

 

“I really don’t know what I will do without her. She is my everything; my life, my happiness and my world. I don’t know if I can make it through without her”

 

Jongwoon told Eunhyuk, controlling his tears from falling. He told his self not to cry because he needs to be strong for Ryeowook. He needs to keep praying and he needs to be positive all the time. He must not give up the hope that Ryeowook will make it through and live. He doesn’t want to think that Ryeowook will die because he knows that Ryeowook will never leave him.

 

“Everything will be alright hyung. We can surpass this”

 

Eunhyuk told Jongwoon who nods his head, still controlling his tears from falling. The doctor who talk to them earlier went out of the ICU. Jongwoon quickly stands up and walks towards him.

 

“Are you going to bring my wife now to the operating room?”

 

Jongwoon asks. The doctor shook his head.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks.

 

“I’m sorry but we can’t perform the heart surgery”

 

The doctor told them sadly.

 

“Why?”

 

Jongwoon asks. The doctor didn’t answer.

 

“Because I told them not to do it”

 

Jongwoon stares at the owner of the voice. Teukie’s eyes widened upon seeing her ex-husband with his bodyguards. He is smiling brightly at his son, teasing him.

 

“Hi Jongwoon. How are you my son? Miss me?”

 

Youngwoon asks, teasing his son. He laughs softly. Jongwoon quickly walks towards him to hit his face, but Youngwoon’s bodyguards block his way before he can go near Youngwoon. They hold him tight.

 

“Let me go!”

 

Jongwoon told them, trying his best to escape. Youngwoon quickly grabs the gun of one of his bodyguards and points it to Teukie, stopping Jongwoon from struggling. He orders some of his bodyguards to seize Teukie and Siwon and blocks the way of Zhoumi, Henry, Eunhyuk, Mrs. Lau and Sunny, making sure that nobody will help Jongwoon from escaping.

 

“You choose Jongwoon. Who do you want me to choose first? Your mother? Your jerk cousin or those beggars?”

 

Youngwoon asks, threatening his son happily.

 

“DAMN YOU!”

 

Jongwoon shouts because of anger. Youngwoon laughs.

 

“Damn me! Yeah, I become a bastard man because of your mother!”

 

“DON’T INSULT MY MOM!”

 

Jongwoon shouts, staring at his father angrily. Youngwoon laughs again and slaps Jongwoon as hard as he can.

 

“YOUNGWOON, DON’T HURT HIM!!!”

 

Teukie shouts. She tries to escape, but Youngwoon’s bodyguards are holding her tight.

 

“When do you plan to surrender yourself? Aren’t you tired of playing catching game with me?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“I will never surrender to you Mr. Kim!”

 

Jongwoon told his father angrily. Youngwoon slaps him again.

 

“YOUNGWOON, PLEASE!!! I’M BEGGING YOU! DON’T HURT OUR SON!!!”

 

Teukie shouts as she starts crying softly. It breaks her heart to see her ex-husband hurting their son. Youngwoon ignores her and slaps Jongwoon again.

 

“YOUNGWOON! NO! HE IS YOUR SON! DON’T HURT HIM!!!”

 

Teukie shouts. Youngwoon ignores her again.

 

“I will never give up the fight! You can’t have me! I will fight for Wookie no matter what happen! You can never control me anymore! I will never marry Minnie!”

 

Jongwoon told his father, gritting his teeth because of anger.

 

“We will see”

 

Youngwoon told Jongwoon, patting his son’s cheek gently before slapping him again. He orders his bodyguards to release his son. Youngwoon points the gun on his ex-wife, making sure that Jongwoon will not fight back or escape from them.

 

“One wrong move and your mother will die”

 

Youngwoon threatens his son, pointing the gun on Teukie’s head.

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Youngwoon smirks.

 

“Simple…”

 

He flashes his evil smile.

 

“Surrender yourself to me and marry Minnie tomorrow”

 

Youngwoon told his son. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“If I were you, I will stop being a hard headed boy. Listen to me my one and only son”

 

Youngwoon stares at Jongwoon seriously.

 

“You just need to choose between Minnie and that trash. If you choose her then she will die, but if you choose Minnie, she will live”

 

Youngwoon told his son.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Youngwoon smiles at him.

 

“What do I mean?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“I want you to kneel down and beg me. Kiss my feet and tell me that you’re sorry and that you will no longer be a hard headed kid and you will no longer disobey me or oppose me. Tell me that you will go home and marry Minnie tomorrow. Leave that beggar and go home with me. I want you to beg in front of your mom, jerk cousin and those beggars. If you do that, your trash girlfriend will be safe. The doctors will proceed to the heart surgery and she will live. Everything will be back to normal”

 

Youngwoon explains, making a deal with his son. He smiles at him because he knows that Jongwoon will surrender. He will never take a risk because Ryeowook’s life is at stake.

 

“You choose now. Are you going to marry Minnie and do what I told you to do or we will just let that poor girl die?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“Youngwoon, please stop. Let our son be happy. Don’t do this to him. Stop doing this to him, please”

 

Teukie told her ex-husband, begging him as she sobs softly, feeling sorry for her son. Siwon’s eyes start getting teary because Youngwoon is being too unfair and he knows that his cousin will choose Sungmin and will give up Ryeowook. Henry hugs Sunny who starts crying while Zhoumi and Eunhyuk comfort Mrs. Lau who is also crying, feeling sad for Jongwoon and for Ryeowook. Jongwoon stares at his father with teary eyes.

 

“Promise me first that you will stop hurting the people who are important to me and of course Wookie”

 

Jongwoon told his father, controlling his tears from falling. Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“A promise is a promise. Everything will be back to normal. You have my words son”

 

Youngwoon told Jongwoon who stares at the doctor. He runs towards him, holds his collar and pushes him hard on the wall. Jongwoon stares at the doctor seriously.

 

“You need to promise me that Wookie will live. You need to promise me that you will do your best to cure her. Promise me that she will live”

 

Jongwoon told the doctor.

 

“PROMISE ME THAT SHE WILL LIVE!!!”

 

Jongwoon shouts angrily. The doctor nods his head.

 

“I promise. She will live. I promise”

 

The doctor told Jongwoon.

 

“You have to do your best for her to live because if she dies, you will lose all your hard work you ing doctor! You don’t have a reputation because money can buy you! You need to save her if you don’t want to sleep at the street because I’m going to make sure that I will use my power and wealth to bring you down if Wookie dies! Put that in your ing brain!”

 

Jongwoon told the doctor before pushing him angrily. He takes a deep breath and stares at his Mouse Rabbit family. They are crying softly, feeling sad for him.

 

“I’m going to leave Wookie to all of you. Please take care of her because I can no longer do that. I’m sorry, but I need to give up the fight now. I need to do it for her to live, so please…please always take care of her”

 

Jongwoon told them happily, controlling his tears from falling. He looks at his father who is smiling at him.

 

“Are you going home now?”

 

Youngwoon asks.

 

“Can I ask for a last favor?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Youngwoon nods his head.

 

“Can I just see her for the last time before her heart surgery and before I go home?”

 

Jongwoon asks sadly. Youngwoon nods his head as an answer. Jongwoon slowly kneels in front of his father. Teukie’s heart aches seeing her son like that, but she can’t do anything to protect him. Jongwoon kisses his father’s feet.

 

“I’m sorry appa. I want to go home now and marry Minnie. I’m sorry for disobeying you. I’m begging you. Please take me home with you. I promise not to oppose you and disobey you again. I’m so sorry appa. Please…please stop hurting Wookie. Let her be happy and live peacefully. I will do anything that you want me to. Please appa…please…”

 

Jongwoon hugs his father’s legs, begging him. Siwon closes his eyes because he doesn’t want to see Jongwoon begging Youngwoon.

 

“Please appa…don’t hurt Wookie…leave her alone. I will marry Minnie if that’s what you want…please stop now”

 

Jongwoon told Youngwoon, controlling his tears from falling as he begs his father. Youngwoon sits on his heels to have the same level with his son.

 

“Arasso. Let’s go home now. I will wait for you inside the limousine. Thirty minutes Jongwoon. I’m giving you thirty minutes to say goodbye to her. Disobey me and you will see what will happen”

 

Youngwoon told his son. He gently pats Jongwoon’s cheek before leaving with his bodyguards.

 

~~~

 

Jongwoon went inside the ICU to see Ryeowook and say goodbye to her. Ryeowook is still unconscious. Her life is at stake unless she undergoes a heart surgery.

 

“Baby”

 

Jongwoon holds Ryeowook’s hand and softly kisses it.

 

“I’m sorry if you will wake up without me by your side. I’m sorry because I need to give up the fight now. I need to leave you and marry Minnie”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. Tears start falling from his eyes as he stares at Ryeowook.

 

“Promise me that you will live. You will open your eyes and start you’re a new life. You will fulfill your dreams and you will find a good man who will love you. You will find a good man who will make you happy and who will never hurt you. You will find a good man who will take care of you and protect you. You will find a man who will stay by your side and will never leave you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“I want to be that man. I want to love you with all my heart. I want to love you each and every second of my life. I want to protect you and take care of you, especially when you’re sick. I want to…”

 

Jongwoon starts crying softly.

 

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry baby. I don’t want to leave you. I want to stay by your side forever. I’m sorry, but I need to leave you now. I need to give up on us now”

 

Jongwoon wipes his tears away.

 

“I want you to live. I want you to go on with your life without me. Promise me that you will be fine. You will open your eyes and live”

 

Jongwoon places Ryeowook’s hand on his chest to where his heart is.

 

“I love you baby. I love you so much. You will always stay here in my heart no matter what happen. I will always love you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He gently Ryeowook’s hair.

 

“You will be fine. I’m sorry baby. I have to go now and leave you”

 

Jongwoon told her. He kisses Ryeowook’s hand.

 

“I love you always. I will love you forever. I love you. I love you so much baby. I love you. But I need to let go now. Goodbye my love. Goodbye”

 

Jongwoon whispers on Ryeowook’s ear, controlling his tears from falling. He let go of Ryeowook’s hand and kisses her lips before leaving the ICU.

 

“Sweetheart”

 

Jongwoon stares at his mother. He slowly sits on the floor. Teukie quickly hugs him tight.

 

“Umma…”

 

Jongwoon told Teukie, calling her ‘umma’. Teukie hugs her son tightly. Jongwoon starts crying hard on her arms.

 

“Umma, it hurts so badly”

 

Jongwoon told his mother, beating his chest.

 

“Why does appa needs to do this to me? Why can’t I be happy with the girl whom I really love? Umma…”

 

Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I don’t want to leave her. I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I want to be happy with her. I want us to be happy together, but why is it so hard? Why does appa needs to make it hard for me? What did I do wrong? All my life, I follow him. I never disobey him. This is the only time that I’m going to do that. Was it wrong to be happy? Was it wrong to chase my happiness and be with the girl whom I really love? Was it a crime to love someone who don’t have the same status in the society as mine?”

 

Jongwoon asks, crying really hard. His heart is breaking into pieces because he needs to leave Ryeowook and marry Sungmin even though it’s against his will. He needs to give up the fight because his father didn’t even give him an option. Youngwoon made the situation favorable to him and harder for Jongwoon. He needs to leave Ryeowook and forget about her. He needs to do that for her to live because that’s the only option left for him.

 

“Umma, I love her so much. But why? Why do I need to leave her? Why do we need to end up like this? It hurts me so badly…umma…umma…umma”

 

Jongwoon told his mother as he keeps on crying hard, feeling really hurt.

 

“Umma…"

 

Jongwoon whispers, hoping that the pain will go away. How he wish that he can do something to change his father’s heart and let him be with Ryeowook and be happy with her. But Jongwoon knows that he can never do that. Nobody can change his father’s heart even if he begs him because Youngwoon’s heart is harder than a stone. Jongwoon knows that his father will never let him win against him. Jongwoon knows that Youngwoon will do anything to get what he wants and that’s what he is doing.

 

“I’m sorry sweetheart. I’m sorry because umma fail to protect you. I’m sorry”

 

Teukie whispers to her son as she too starts crying hard. She feels so sorry for Jongwoon and she hates herself because she can’t even do anything to protect Jongwoon against Youngwoon.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Teukie whispers softly as she hugs Jongwoon tight, crying with him.

 

~~~

 

*LEE MANSION, BUSAN, SOUTH KOREA*

 

 

Mr. Lee went inside his daughter’s room. Sungmin stares at him while crying. Mr. Lee sits on the bed.

 

“Appa”

 

“Shhh…”

 

Mr. Lee wipes his daughter’s tears away.

 

“Stop crying now. It’s already over. You and Jongwoon will get married tomorrow. He will already return at the Kim mansion tonight”

 

Mr. Lee told her daughter.

 

“And the poor girl?”

 

Sungmin asks, feeling nervous. Mr. Lee shook his head.

 

“What did you do to her?”

 

Sungmin asks. Mr. Lee shook his head again.

 

“Nothing. Jongwoon surrender his self to Youngwoon, so that poor girl will leave. You see. It appears that she has a heart ailment. She needs to undergo a heart surgery. The situation favors us my princess. Youngwoon uses the opportunity to catch Jongwoon. He told him that if he will not surrender his self and marry you, the poor girl will die because the doctors will never perform the heart surgery”

 

Mr. Lee informs his daughter.

 

“Why are you so cruel?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“We’re doing this for your own good and for Jongwoon’s good”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter.

 

“You sleep now. You and Jongwoon will marry each other tomorrow. You will be Mrs. Kim Jongwoon tomorrow. He will be yours…only yours”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter happily, wiping her tears away.

 

“You don’t need to cry because you’re the one who win and not that poor girl”

 

Mr. Lee told Sungmin.

 

“Good night my princess. Sleep tight. I love you”

 

Mr. Lee told his daughter. He kisses Sungmin’s forehead before leaving her room.

 

~~~

 

*KIM MANSION*

 

 

Youngwoon arrives at the Kim mansion with Jongwoon, Teukie and Siwon. He orders the security guards to guard the mansion and keep an eye on Jongwoon. He orders his son’s bodyguards to guard Jongwoon’s room and make sure that he will never escape. He also orders his bodyguards to guard Siwon, Sulli and of course Teukie. Jongwoon went inside his room and sits at the corner to cry. His heart is aching so much because he needs to leave the girl that he loves most and marry his childhood friend. He needs to do that. He needs to choose Sungmin and Ryeowook because he wants Ryeowook to live. He doesn’t want her to die because of him and he wants her to be happy with her life even though they are no longer together.

 

“Why are you doing this Youngwoon?”

 

Teukie asks. She and Youngwoon are talking at the living room.

 

“I’m doing the right thing Teukie. I’m doing this for our son. I want to give him the best”

 

Youngwoon told Teukie who slaps him hard.

 

“Making him suffer is the best? Taking away his happiness is the best? Is that what you want? Is that how cruel you are? Where is your heart? Why are you like that? How can you let your own son suffer?”

 

Teukie asks. Youngwoon holds his ex-wife’s chin so tight, hurting her.

 

“You don’t have the right to tell me that because you’re the reason why I become like this!”

 

“APPA AND YOUR FATHER IS THE REASON WHY YOU BECOME LI—“

 

Youngwoon slaps Teukie’s cheek so hard.

 

“SHUT UP!!! IT’S YOUR FAULT ! BECAUSE OF YOU I END UP LIVING IN HELL! BECAUSE OF YOU YOONJI SUFFER! I NEED TO GIVE UP MY HAPPINESS BECAUSE OF YOU!!!”

 

Youngwoon shouts angrily as tears start forming in his eyes.

 

“Why? Are you the only one who suffers?”

 

Teukie asks as tears starts forming in her eyes.

 

“Do you think I didn’t suffer like you do? Do you think it’s easy for me to leave Younho and marry you? Do you think it’s easy for me to hurt the man that I love just to follow my father’s will? Are you the only one who suffers? How about me? How about those nights that I’m longing for your care and love? How about those nights that you will go home drunk and calling out her name? How about the guilty feeling that I need to bear whenever I see you crying and missing her? How about those nights that you will always force me to make love to you? How about those slap and abusive acts that I need to bear? How about our son? How about him?”

 

Teukie asks, feeling her heart aching so badly. She kneels down in front of Youngwoon. She holds his hands and starts crying hard.

 

“I’m begging you Youngwoon. Please, let our Jongwoonie be happy with his life. Set him free. Don’t let him suffer like we do. Don’t let him be like us. He is your son. Please have mercy on him. I am the one who have sinned against you and not our Jongwoonie. He did nothing wrong. Don’t do this to him. Let him be with Wookie and be happy and not like this. Don’t let him become like you”

 

Teukie told her ex-husband, begging Youngwoon. She hopes that Youngwoon will have a change of heart and mind.

 

“Please let him be happy. Just hurt me as much as you want. Hurt me. I am willing to take all the pain, just let our son be happy. Hurt me as much as you want. Curse me as hard as you can and kill me if you want, just let Jongwoon go and chase his happiness. Don’t imprison him from your shadow forever. Jongwoon has his own life, so let him follow what he wants. Please Youngwoon…please listen to me…just once, please listen to me. I’m begging you”

 

Teukie told her ex-husband as she cries really hard. Youngwoon’s tears start forming in his eyes as he stares at Teukie who is crying so hard, begging him to let their son be happy with the girl he truly loves. Youngwoon pushes Teukie away from him.

 

“Why do we become like this?”

 

Youngwoon asks sadly as he controls his tears from falling.

 

“All I want is for you to be happy with him and I being happy with her. But why?”

 

Youngwoon asks. Teukie didn’t answer because she doesn’t know how to answer.

 

“Why can’t I marry her? Why can’t you marry him? Why do we need to end like this?”

 

Youngwoon asks, feeling hurt to see Teukie crying a river.

 

“Why do I need to become like this? Why?”

 

Youngwoon asks. He turns his back away.

 

“Youngwoon, please…”

 

Teukie begs him.

 

“I’m sorry. Jongwoon must be like me. He must not be happy like me”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife, feeling hot tears falling from his eyes.

 

“Our son will never become like you because he knows how to love unlike you…you let your hatred eat you and that’s why you become like that. We become like this because you want to take revenge, but you fail. Jongwoon will never become cruel, heartless and rude man like you. He will never become like you”

 

Teukie told her ex-husband.

 

“I know and that’s why I want to be like him”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife.

 

“If only I become just like him, things will never be like this and maybe we will both be happy with the people we love”

 

Youngwoon told his ex-wife sadly. He was about to walk away when Teukie asks something to him.

 

“Did you really love me or you just stay because of Jongwoon?”

 

Teukie asks sadly. Youngwoon looks at Teukie who was shock to see Youngwoon’s tears falling from his eyes.

 

“I didn’t stay because of Jongwoon. I stay because I love you and that’s the truth. Yoonji taught me how to love and that’s the reason why I learn to love you, not because we have Jongwoon. But because I love you”

 

Youngwoon wipes his tears away.

 

“We’re fair now Teukie. You hurt Yoonji and now I’m hurting you through our son. Jongwoon can never run away from my shadow because he is just like me. No freedom at all and no happiness”

 

Youngwoon told Teukie. He turns his back away and walks away, leaving Teukie alone crying on the floor.

 



 

 

Jongwoon asks his driver to drops him at the Han River Park because he needs to do something first before he go at Shilla Hotel to prepare his self for his wedding to Sungmin. He tells his bodyguards not to accompany him because he has no plan on running away. Jongwoon was standing on the bridge, thinking about Ryeowook while holding something on his hand.

 

“There are things in life that is really hard to understand. There are questions that are hard to answer and there are answers that are hard to understand”

 

Jongwoon told his self sadly.

 

“I don’t understand why I need to be like this. I don’t understand why I need to beg for my father’s love. I don’t understand why I need to follow him all the time. I don’t understand why umma and appa need to divorce each other”

 

Jongwoon’s tears start forming in his eyes.

 

“I don’t understand why the destiny needs to separate me from the girl that I love. Why can’t I be with her? Why can’t we be happy together? Why do I need to be with the girl whom I never love? Why do I need to be Kim Jongwoon? Why can’t be happy and be with the girl whom I really love?”

 

Jongwoon asks his self, controlling his tears from falling as he stares at the water sadly.

 

“Was it really a crime to love someone? Was it Wookie’s fault that she is poor and I am rich?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He opens his eyes and stares at the wedding ring—his and Ryeowook’s wedding ring.

 

“Why do I need to say goodbye to you and leave you?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“I’m sorry. They say that there’s no such thing as forever because nothing last forever. Of course they are wrong. Forever is there. We just need to find it. Forever happens at the right time. Forever doesn’t mean that you need to stay with the person you love for the rest of your life. For me, forever is something that stays in a person’s heart. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to end up with the person you love for you to have a forever because forever stays in the heart. For as long as that person stays in your heart all the time, there is forever because whatever stays in the heart cannot be forgotten and that’s what forever is”

 

Jongwoon told his self.

 

“Wookie will always stay in my heart. We end by with goodbyes. We end up like that for us to have forever. Sometimes, goodbyes doesn’t mean farewell. Sometimes, goodbyes are necessary. Letting go is not always goodbyes because letting go is just another way of saying I will always love you”

 

Jongwoon told his self, controlling his tears from falling.

 

“I love you Wookie. We didn’t end up together, but you give me forever. You give me forever and it’s here…”

 

Jongwoon holds his chest with his free hand.

 

“It’s here in my heart. You will always stay here forever…always. I love you baby. I hope to see you smiling when we meet again. Goodbye”

 

Jongwoon whispers sadly, dropping the wedding rings on the water. He wipes his tears away and takes a deep breath. He takes a full view of the Han River for the last time.

 

“I will surely miss South Korea, the place where I met the girl who will always have a place in my heart...the girl who teach me to love; the girl whom I will never and can never forget and the girl who gives me forever. We didn’t end up together, but she will always stay in my heart always and forever because I never really stop loving her. I just need to learn to live without her”

 

Jongwoon told his self, wiping his tears away. It is the last time that he will see the Han River Park because he and Sungmin will live in his mansion at West Vancouver, Canada. He will start his new life there with his wife…his new life without Ryeowook by his side.

 

~~~

 

*SHILLA HOTEL*

 

 

Teukie went inside Sungmin’s hotel suite to see her daughter in law.

 

“Umma”

 

Sungmin smiles upon seeing her mother in law. Teukie hugs her before sitting on the couch.

 

“Where is Jongwoon?”

 

Sungmin asks, feeling excited for her wedding to Jongwoon. Teukie smiles at her.

 

“He is inside his hotel suite, preparing for the wedding”

 

Teukie told Sungmin. She cups Sungmin’s beautiful face and smiles at her.

 

“You look so beautiful”

 

Teukie told Sungmin.

 

“Thanks umma”

 

Sungmin told Teukie. She stares at her and she can see sadness in her mother in law’s eyes.

 

“I know that you’re not happy for me”

 

Sungmin told Teukie sadly. Teukie shook her head.

 

“That’s not true sweetheart. I am happy for you”

 

Teukie told Sungmin. She is indeed happy for her, but she feels sad for her son. She is worried on the things that will happen after the wedding because she knows that it will be hard for both Jongwoon and Sungmin.

 

“But you look sad”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law.

 

“I love Jongwoon so much even though he doesn’t love me”

 

Sungmin told Teukie who nods at her. Teukie holds Sungmin’s hands.

 

“I can never promise you that Jongwoon will learn to love you or if he can return that love to you because we all know that he loves Wookie. The only thing that I can promise you is that my son will be a good husband to you. I know that he will never become like his father. You and him will never become like us because Jongwoon will never allow that to happen”

 

Teukie told her daughter in law.

 

“I will do everything for him to love me and for him to forget about her”

 

Sungmin told her mother in law. Teukie shook her head.

 

“You will only end up hurting him if you do that. Love will come at the right time”

 

Teukie told Sungmin.

 

“Just be a good wife to him”

 

Teukie told Sungmin who nods her head.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Siwon was staring at Jongwoon who looks very gorgeous on his tuxedo. He was sitting on the sofa, waiting for the time to pass by.

 

“Mimi calls me awhile ago. Wookie is already back at the ICU, but she’s not yet waking up”

 

Siwon told his cousin sadly. Jongwoon just nods his head. He wishes to run away and go at Incheon Medical Center and be with Ryeowook, but he can’t do that. He can’t do anything to be with the girl he loves. The only thing that he can do is to hope that Ryeowook will open her eyes soon and be ok and to follow his father’s will and that is to marry his childhood friend. Jongwoon stand up.

 

“Where are you going? We need to leave soon and go at Myeongdong Cathedral for the wedding”

 

Siwon told his cousin.

 

“I just want to catch some fresh air and I want to see Minnie before our wedding”

 

Jongwoon told Siwon.

 

“You will ruin the excitement”

 

Siwon told Jongwoon.

 

“What excitement?”

 

Jongwoon asks.

 

“I don’t care about that thing. I am not excited for this wedding. I feel like a robot, following every single command of the person who is controlling me. I am not a human. I am a robot. Kim Youngwoon’s puppet”

 

Jongwoon told his cousin, controlling his tears from falling. Siwon just drops his head, feeling sad for his cousin. Jongwoon pats Siwon’s shoulder and leaves his hotel suite. He was walking at the hallway going to Sungmin’s hotel suite when he bumps into his mother.

 

“What are you doing here? You supposed to leave now and go at the Myeongdong Cathedral for the wedding”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“I just want to see my bride before the wedding”

 

Jongwoon told his mother.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

“Please”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie stares at her son sadly.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Teukie told Jongwoon.

 

“For what?”

 

Jongwoon asks, wiping his mother’s tears away.

 

“For failing to protect you. I’m sorry because I can’t do anything for you to follow your happiness”

 

Teukie told her son. Jongwoon hugs her tight.

 

“It’s not your fault umma. Don’t cry. It’s my wedding day. You need to be happy, so I will never forget how to smile. You need to be happy even though I’m not marrying the girl that I love…but it’s still my wedding day and I don’t want to see you crying. You don’t need to worry about me. I can handle myself”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. Teukie wipes her tears away and stares at her son. She can see great sadness in his eyes. Teukie cups Jongwoon’s gorgeous face and caress his cheek gently.

 

“You will be fine, right?”

 

Teukie asks though she knows that it will be impossible for her son to be fine after the wedding. Jongwoon smiles weakly.

 

“I don’t know. But I will try”

 

Jongwoon told his mother. He softly kisses Teukie’s forehead before going inside Sungmin’s suite.

 

“Jongwoon!!!”

 

Sungmin hugs his groom tightly.

 

“I miss you so much. I’m happy to see you again”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon before looking at him.

 

“I love you”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon, but he didn’t answer, making Sungmin feels very sad. But she knows that Jongwoon will never answer no matter how many times she will tell him how much she loves him, and that what hurts her so much.

 

“Please tell me that you love me too”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon with teary eyes.

 

“I am willing to do everything for you to love me, so please…”

 

Jongwoon pulls Sungmin and embraces her in his arms. He didn’t say anything. He just hugs his childhood friend tightly. Sungmin can feel Jongwoon’s heartache and sadness.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Sungmin whispers softly.

 

“But I love you and that’s why I need to be selfish”

 

She told Jongwoon.

 

“I will wait for the day that you will finally tell me that you love me too. No matter how long it takes and no matter how painful it is, I will do that because I love you”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon before he let go of her. Jongwoon stares at Sungmin sadly.

 

“I love Wookie and not you”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin, hurting her.

 

“I’m doing this because I love her. I need to leave her and marry you because I love her”

 

“I know”

 

“But please…help me to forget her and teach me how to love you…please”

 

Jongwoon begs, feeling so hurt as he thinks about Ryeowook. He holds back his tears and softly kisses Sungmin’s forehead and leaves the suite quietly.

 



 

*JEJU ISLAND*

 

 

Sungmin went out of the bathroom after taking a warm milk bath. She was already on her nightgown, but Jongwoon is still nowhere to be found.

 

“I wonder where he is”

 

Sungmin sighs sadly. She wears her night robe and her bedroom slippers. She went out of her room to look for her husband. She checks the entertainment room, family room and even the house bar, but she didn’t found her husband. Sungmin starts to worry because she doesn’t have any idea where she can find Jongwoon.

 

“I guess this is the hardest thing when the man you love doesn’t love you back”

 

Sungmin told herself sadly. She feels hurt because she knows that Jongwoon will never be hers even though they are already married to each other. She feels hurt because she knows that Jongwoon will never see her as his wife and will never love her the way that she wants to be loved by him.  She feels so hurt because she knows that she will forever beg for Jongwoon’s love because someone owns his heart and that someone is not her. Sungmin decided to go at the veranda to catch some fresh air—she wants to be alone and cry as much as she wants. She was shock when she saw Jongwoon there; watching the stars sadly, thinking something. Sungmin feels hurt to see Jongwoon like that and her heart is breaking because she knows that Jongwoon is thinking about Ryeowook again. But she can’t do anything and she can’t complain and demand because she knows very well that Ryeowook is the girl that Jongwoon loves and not her. Sungmin quietly walks towards her husband. She wraps her arms around him, hugging him from behind. She rests her head on her husband’s back.

 

“Honey, what are you doing here? Our fathers are looking for you awhile ago. Appa wants to introduce you to his business partners here in Jeju Island, but I told him that he can do it next time”

 

Sungmin told her husband, but Jongwoon didn’t answer. It is as if he didn’t hear Sungmin talking to him.

 

“Let’s sleep now honey. It’s already late at night. We still have a flight later in the morning for our honeymoon and I know that you’re tired because of the wedding and the party awhile ago”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon, hoping that he will open his mouth and talk to her. But Jongwoon remains quiet and Sungmin feels hurt because she can feel her husband’s coldness towards her.

 

“I’m sorry Jongwoon”

 

Sungmin apologizes. Her eyes start getting blurry because tears are starting to form in her eyes. Her heart is breaking into pieces because of Jongwoon’s coldness towards her. She feels hurt, but she knows that her husband will not give a damn care about it because he doesn’t love her.

 

“Just endure everything for the meantime. I’ll file a divorce after our honeymoon…promise”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon, controlling her tears from falling.

 

“Our…our…”

 

Sungmin’s voice starts to tremble and starts to ache because of controlling her tears from falling. She really wants to cry at that very moment because of too much pain that she’s feeling—pain of being neglected by her husband and not being loved by him. She wants to cry hard; to cry her heart out until there’s no more tears that will fall from her eyes, hoping that her heart won’t feel the pain anymore.

 

“Our fathers can’t do anything about it. They can’t stop me from divorcing you, so please…please…just bear with it for the meantime”

 

Sungmin told her husband sadly, still controlling the tears were about to fall any minute.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Sungmin whispers, biting her lower lips to prevent her tears from falling. Jongwoon turns around to face his wife. He stares at Sungmin, but she quickly avoids Jongwoon’s eyes. Sungmin doesn’t want her husband to see her sad and teary eyes. She doesn’t want Jongwoon to stay because of feeling sorry towards her.

 

“Minnie…”

 

“No…please don’t speak”

 

Sungmin quickly told her husband before she can hear what Jongwoon needs to say. Sungmin shook her head sadly and drops her head.

 

“Just don’t. I don’t want to hear the things that you need to tell me. I’m scared to hear it because I know that you will only tell me that you love her and not me”

 

Sungmin told her husband without staring at him. Jongwoon cups Sungmin’s beautiful face and stares at her sadly. He can see those tears that his wife was trying to control from falling.

 

“I’m sorry. Am I being too selfish because of loving you that much?”

 

Sungmin asks as she stares at Jongwoon’s eyes sadly.

 

“I know that you love her and you will never love me the way that you love her. I’m sorry Jongwoon. I’m sorry because I let this happen to you. I’m sorry because of me, you are not with her. But please…please…all I’m asking is for you to bear with it for the meantime. I promise to let you go after the honeymoon. I’m so sorry”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon. Her tears start falling slowly from her eyes as she starts to cry. Sungmin can’t hold back her tears anymore because she’s really feeling so hurt at that very moment.

 

“What are you talking about? You’re my wife now, so why do you want us to get divorce?”

 

Jongwoon asks as he stares at Sungmin sadly.

 

“It’s because I love you. I know that you will never be happy with me and I don’t want you to—“

 

Jongwoon holds his wife’s wonderful lips to stop her from talking.

 

“Shhh…that’s enough. Stop telling me those things”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin sadly. It’s true that he doesn’t love Sungmin and he will only see him as a friend and younger sister. But he doesn’t want to see Sungmin crying and sad because of him. Sungmin’s happiness still matters to him and he doesn’t want to hurt her. Yes it’s true that he loves someone else, but Sungmin is his wife now and he respects that. He promise his self while he is walking at the aisle that he will never become like his father. He will not hurt Sungmin and he will try his best to become a good husband to Sungmin. He promises his self that he will never become like his father who hurt his mother and made her cry so badly.

 

“Stop that Minnie, I don’t want to see you crying”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin.

 

“I’m sorry Jongwoon”

 

Sungmin apologizes again as she keeps on crying.

 

“Shhh…it’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself. Stop that”

 

Jongwoon wipes Sungmin’s tears away and gently presses his forehead on hers.

 

“But you love her and not me. You want to be with her and not with me. She is your happiness and not me. Divorcing you is the only way that I can think to set you free from pain…pain that I cause because of loving you too much. I will never have your heart Jongwoon”

 

Sungmin told her husband as she starts crying again. She wants to divorce Jongwoon even though it’s against her will. She wants to set him free, so she can see him happy. Sungmin knows that Ryeowook is Jongwoon’s happiness and not her and that’s why she wants to file a divorce to give Jongwoon his freedom—to be happy with the girl he truly loves.

 

“Please…”

 

Jongwoon whispers. He stares at Sungmin and wipes the tears that keep on falling from her eyes.

 

“I want you to help me to forget Wookie and to help me love you”

 

Jongwoon told his wife. He slowly shook her head.

 

“It will be very hard for both of us. I don’t know how we’re going to start our new life as husband and wife. I don’t know if I will be able to open my heart for you and I don’t know if I can forget Wookie. But please…”

 

Jongwoon stares at Sungmin’s eyes sadly. He knows that he needs to let go of his love for Ryeowook and forget her because he’s already married to his childhood friend and he doesn’t want to hurt Sungmin.

 

“Help me to forget her and open my heart for you. No matter what happen, you’re my wife and we’re married to each other. I will try my best to forget Wookie and be a good husband for you. So please Minnie…please help me do that”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin sadly, controlling his tears from falling. Sungmin just stare at her husband because she doesn’t know what to tell him. She doesn’t know for how long she will beg for Jongwoon’s love and how she will be able to replace Ryeowook in Jongwoon’s heart. Sungmin can see great pain and sadness on her husband’s eyes and she knows that Jongwoon is thinking about Ryeowook at that very moment.

 

“Please”

 

Jongwoon whispers. He softly kisses Sungmin’s forehead before going out of the veranda, leaving his wife alone.

 

“How am I going to do that Jongwoon? How am I going to help you forget her? How am I going to replace her in your heart? Please tell me how because I don’t know the answer. How…if whenever you’re going to look at me, all I can see is your love for her? Tell me how…please”

 

Sungmin told herself as tears start falling from her eyes, feeling hurt and alone.

 

~~~

 

Eunhyuk went at the ICU after putting Donghae to sleep. He saw Mrs. Lau sitting outside the ICU with Henry, Sunny and Zhoumi. He sadly walks towards them.

 

“How’s Wookie?”

 

Eunhyuk asks sadly before sitting on the floor, beside Zhoumi.

 

“She’s still not awake. They are still observing them. The doctors told us awhile ago that she needs to stay in the ICU for one week even though she’s already awake. They need to observe her heart and make sure that she’s completely fine after her operation before they transfer her in her private room. They inform us that Wookie will stay here for two months”

 

Mrs. Lau informs Eunhyuk.

 

“Do we have enough money to pay the hospital bill?”

 

Eunhyuk asks worriedly.

 

“Jongwoon was the one who shoulders the entire expenses”

 

Zhoumi answers Eunhyuk, feeling sad for what happen to Jongwoon and Ryeowook. All of them can’t believe that Youngwoon can do something so evil just to get what he wants and to trap his own son.

 

“How’s Hae?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks Eunhyuk.

 

“He’s already sleeping now. I finally put him to sleep. He was asking about Wookie. I told him that Wookie is fine and there’s nothing to worry about. But we can’t see her yet because she still needs to stay in the ICU”

 

Eunhyuk told them.

 

“Umma…”

 

Henry stares at his mother sadly.

 

“What are we going to do if Wookie wakes up and look for Jongwoon Hyung?”

 

Henry asks sadly. They all stare at Mrs. Lau sadly as tears start forming in their eyes. Mrs. Lau shook her head.

 

“I also don’t know Henry. It will be hard. But we need to lie. Wookie must not know what happen”

 

Mrs. Lau told them.

 

“But umma, Wookie will eventually find out the truth”

 

Sunny told Mrs. Lau who nods her head.

 

“Yes she will. We will never keep it to her forever. She needs to know the truth, but not now. She needs to recover first before we tell her the truth about Jongwoon”

 

Mrs. Lau told Sunny. She looks at Zhoumi.

 

“Don’t give the letter of Jongwoon to her. You need to promise me that you will give it to Wookie at the right time”

 

Mrs. Lau told Zhoumi.

 

“Yes ahjumma”

 

Zhoumi nods his head.

 

“I promise. But what are we going to do?”

 

Zhoumi asks.

 

“Wookie will surely look for Jongwoon”

 

Zhoumi told Mrs. Lau sadly. Eunhyuk leans his forehead on Zhoumi’s back and starts crying. He just can’t control his tears anymore. He feels hurt for his friend because he believes that Ryeowook doesn’t deserve to suffer and get hurt. Ryeowook deserves to be happy.

 

“Why is the situation always unfair when it comes to her? Wookie is such a nice girl. She doesn’t deserve to suffer like this and to get hurt. She and Jongwoon hyung deserve to be happy and to be together. Jongwoon hyung fight so hard, but everything went to nothing because of his father’s cruelness”

 

Eunhyuk told them sadly. Mrs. Lau shook her head.

 

“Don’t say that Hyukkie. Jongwoon’s fight didn’t end up to nothing. He still fights for Wookie until the end and that’s why he is not here with us. Don’t ever think that his father defeated him. No. Mr. Kim didn’t win. Jongwoon is the one who wins it because Wookie will live”

 

Mrs. Lau told them. She hugs Sunny and Henry who are also crying.

 

“Jongwoon didn’t lose the battle ok. I know it’s hard and it will be very hard for Wookie. But we need to stay strong for her. She needs us and we need to give her strength. We must not show her that we’re sad for her because she will only feel sad and it will never help ease the pain and heal the wound. You see. Even though Jongwoon surrenders and marry Ms. Lee, I know that Wookie will always stay in his heart. Jongwoon and Wookie may not end up together, but they will always remain in each other’s heart forever”

 

Mrs. Lau told them while controlling her tears from falling.

 

“I know that someday, their paths will cross again and I hope when they meet each other again, I hope to see them happy with their own lives. Wookie will make it. She will make it because we’re here for her and we promise Jongwoon that we will always watch over her and take good care of her. That’s why we must not cry and we must be strong. We need to do it for Wookie. We’re family and we can always outshine everything because we are all together. Let’s just pray that Wookie will recover soon and let’s pray that Jongwoon will be happy in his life and that they will both move on and start with their own lives without each other”

 

Mrs. Lau told them, wiping the tears that fall from her eyes.

 

“The things that we need to do are to lie about Jongwoon and to hide the truth from her. I know that what we’re about to do is not right, but we need to do it for Wookie’s sake. If she asks about Jongwoon, tell her that he is working and she will soon meet him once she finally recovers and go out from the hospital”

 

Mrs. Lau told them, so they know what to tell Ryeowook if she asks about Jongwoon.

 

“If she asks why Jongwoon is not visiting her, tell her that she’s always sleeping whenever Jongwoon is here at the hospital. He can’t watch over her because he needs to work. He has a lot of work”

 

Mrs. Lau told them. She shook her head.

 

“I really don’t know if Wookie will believe it, but we must stick to it. We will tell her the truth at the right time. Can I count you guys?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks as she stares at her son, Sunny, Zhoumi and Eunhyuk. They all nod at her.

 

“I will tell it to Hae too, so he knows what to do”

 

Eunhyuk told Mrs. Lau as he wipes his tears away.

 

“Patient Kim Ryeowook”

 

They heard someone calling Ryeowook’s name. Mrs. Lau raises her hand and stand up.

 

“Yes?”

 

Mrs. Lau asks the doctor.

 

“The patient is already awake and she’s in stable condition now”

 

The doctor happily informs Mrs. Lau. They all sigh in relief.

 

“But she still needs to stay in the ICU for a week. We still need to observe her condition and of course her heart”

 

The doctor told Mrs. Lau.

 

“You can see her now. But only one person can go inside the ICU. Who will it be?”

 

The doctor asks.

 

“Me”

 

Mrs. Lau told the doctor.

 

“Please follow me”

 

The doctor told Mrs. Lau.

 

“Wait for me here”

 

Mrs. Lau told Henry, Zhoumi, Eunhyuk and Sunny before following the doctor inside the ICU. The nurse helps Mrs. Lau to wear the things that she needs to wear before allowing her to enter Ryeowook’s cubicle.

 

“Sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Lau runs towards Ryeowook. She wipes her tears away and smiles at Ryeowook before kissing her forehead. Mrs. Lau holds Ryeowook’s hand.

 

“I’m glad that you’re fine. Thank God that you’re alive”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook who stares at her, smiling weakly.

 

“Where is everyone?”

 

Ryeowook asks weakly.

 

“They are outside. They are all praying for your fast recovery. They are all fine”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook. She didn’t tell what happen to Donghae and to Jongwoon.

 

“Where is Jongwoon?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Mrs. Lau stares at Ryeowook and manages to flash a smile.

 

“He is fine sweetheart”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook while controlling her tears from falling. She doesn’t know what to tell Ryeowook at that time.

 

“You must take a rest now ok. We will see you soon in your private room. Just take a rest and gather a lot of strength. Be strong and don’t think too much. Everything is alright. There’s nothing to worry about”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook, lying to her.

 

“Where is Jongwoon?”

 

Ryeowook asks again.

 

“Shhhh”

 

Mrs. Lau holds Ryeowook’s tears.

 

“He is fine and he wants you to be fine and to recover soon. You can see him once you’re finally ok”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook as she controls her tears from falling.

 

“You should sleep now and take a rest. I’ll be back tomorrow if the doctor will allow me to visit you again”

 

Mrs. Lau told Ryeowook who nods her head weakly. Mrs. Lau smiles at Ryeowook and kisses her forehead. Mrs. Lau leaves the cubicle before Ryeowook can see her tears falling from her eyes. Ryeowook closes her eyes. Hot tears start falling from her eyes because she knows that Jongwoon is not there waiting for him because he already left and will no longer go back.