Forever and Goodbye (Chapter 20)

Forever and Good bye

EPILOGUE

 

 

After four years…

 

 

Wookie…

I’m sorry baby. I’m sorry because I’m not with you during your heart surgery. I’m sorry because I’m not beside you when you open your eyes. I’m sorry if I need to leave and didn’t even say a proper goodbye to you. I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for giving up on you…on us and I’m sorry because I give up the fight. If only I can do anything to protect you, I will never choose to leave you and marry Minnie. I’m sorry baby. I need to go and leave you. I need to be far away from you and marry Minnie. I need to choose her and not you because that’s the only option that was left for me for you to stay. If only I have any other choice, I will still choose you. I will still choose to be with you, for us to be together happily. But I don’t want you to go. I want you to stay and live happily. I need to let you go baby. But it doesn’t mean that I don’t love you anymore. I love you with all my heart and you know that. I will always love you baby. You will always stay in my heart. You will always hold the key to my heart even though we didn’t end up together and even though I need to marry Minnie. I will never forget you. You will always stay in my heart and in my mind. I’m sorry baby. I hope you can forgive me someday. I want you to live. I want you to go on with your life and live happily even though we’re no longer together. Someday, when our paths crossed again, I want to see a bright smile on your face; the smile that always brighten a person’s day even though he is feeling tired and gloomy. I want to see your smile again…the smile that makes me fall in love with you. Promise me that you’re going to be ok and someday, you will find the man who will love you more than I love you. I want you to find the man who will stay with you and who will love you for the rest of his life. I want you to be with the man who will take care of you and who will protect you and who will make you special all the time and the man who will never hurt you and make you cry; the man who will make you his world. I hope we can still be friends. I wish you happiness baby. I want you to be happy because you deserve to be happy. Promise me that you will be fine. Don’t be a crybaby anymore and learn how to take care of yourself. Always take care and always smile. I need to go now baby. I’m sorry, but I need to let go of you now. But please don’t forget that I love you baby. I will always love you. The wind will always blow my love for you wherever you are. You will always stay in my heart and I will never forget the memories that we share together. It will be ours forever. Take care of yourself. I love you baby. I love you so much. I love you forever, but I need to say goodbye.

 

-Jongwoon-

 

 

Ryeowook wipes the tears that fall down from her eyes. It’s been four years since Jongwoon left her, but she still can’t forget him. She still finds it hard to forget the man she loves. She always read the letter of Jongwoon for her whenever she will miss him though she will only end up crying after reading it. Ryeowook keeps the letter because it’s Jongwoon’s last memory before he leaves her and marries Sungmin.

 

“Seriously…”

 

Ryeowook folds the letter neatly and hides it inside her backpack. She wipes her tears away.

 

“What am I doing?”

 

Ryeowook asks. She stares at the lesson plan that she’s doing.

 

“Why am I reading Jongwoon’s letter again? I should do my lesson plan and I should finish it now because I need to pass it tomorrow, so my supervisor can already check it and approve it”

 

Ryeowook told herself.

 

“And I should finish doing the activity for my students tomorrow and I need to finalize everything that I’m going to teach them tomorrow”

 

Ryeowook hits her head with her pencil.

 

“Stop being a drama queen Kim Ryeowook. You have a lot of things to do and to finish, so don’t be lazy and stop crying ok. Do whatever you need to do and finish whatever you need to finish”

 

Ryeowook told herself, reprimanding herself. She nods herself and focuses her attention back on the lesson plan that she’s doing. She was in the library wherein she and Jongwoon first met. Ryeowook is already a pre-school teacher. But she still works at Mouse Rabbit during weekends to earn extra money for her masters. It’s her break time and that’s why she decided to go at the library to finish doing her lesson plan and to finalize the things that she needs to teach her students tomorrow.

 

“Maybe story telling will be better”

 

Ryeowook told herself as she takes a sip on her raspberry smoothie that she bought in Mouse Rabbit as her lunch.

 

“Maybe I should look for a book that I can borrow or maybe I should just buy one”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She snaps her fingers happily.

 

“I think I should just buy one. I can keep it for future use”

 

Ryeowook told herself while nodding her head slowly. She takes a sip on her raspberry smoothie again before standing up. She walks around the library to find a good story book. She went at the children’s section and carefully looks in each bookshelf, looking for a good story book.

 

“Gotcha!”

 

Ryeowook smiles brightly when she finally found a book. It’s a hard bound book that is composed of different stories for children. It’s a compilation of different stories for children from different countries. Ryeowook thinks that the book is perfect and it will be very useful for her. She happily grabs the book because she’s going to buy it. But much to her surprise a person on the other side of the bookshelf also grab the book that she’s going to buy. They start playing tug of war, fighting over the book.

 

“Yah! You need to let go of the book! I’m the one who—“

 

Ryeowook stops talking upon seeing the person who is standing on the other side of the bookshelf; the person who is holding the same book and trying to get it away from her. He is staring at her and she can tell that he miss her so much. She can also tell that he is happy to see her again.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

Ryeowook whispers as she stares at the man she loves. Her eyes start getting teary. She can’t explain the emotion that she’s feeling on that moment. She is happy to see Jongwoon again after four years. But she also feels afraid because she doesn’t know how she will accept the fact that Jongwoon is no longer his. She also feels sad because she still loves him and she knows that she’s no longer part of his life and that he already moved on with his life and already happy without her.

 

“Hi Wookie”

 

Jongwoon smiles at Ryeowook. He was holding back his tears. He feels happy to see Ryeowook again after four years. He feels happy because it seems that Ryeowook is fine and he’s happy because she is alive. Jongwoon misses her so much and he feels so happy to see the girl who become a part of his life before and the girl who always stay in his heart.

 

“It’s good to see you again. How are you?”

 

Jongwoon asks. He wants to pull her closer and hugs her tight and tells her how much he misses her and how happy he is to see her again. Ryeowook notices the wedding ring on Jongwoon’s left ring finger and she can never deny the fact that it hurts her.

 

“I…well…I…”

 

Ryeowook takes a deep breath. She stares at Jongwoon and manages to flash a smile.

 

“I’m fine”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon though she’s really not sure if she’s really fine after seeing the man she loves again. She let go of the book.

 

“Do you want to sit with me and have a little chat?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon just stares at her.

 

“Well, if you’re not in a hurry and if you have time. But it’s ok if—“

 

“Of course I want”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, stopping her from talking.

 

“Well…good”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. She takes a deep breath and smiles at Jongwoon.

 

“Is it ok if I pay for these books first before we have a chat?”

 

Jongwoon asks, showing the books that he’s holding on his right hand.

 

“Oh!”

 

Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“Sure. No problem. My table is over there”

 

Ryeowook points her finger at the table that was at the corner. Jongwoon stares at the direction that Ryeowook was pointing at.

 

“Can you see that purple backpack?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“That’s mine. Can you see the messy table?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon smiles and nods his head again.

 

“That’s your things, right?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook laughs softly and nods her head.

 

“That’s my table. Just go there after you pay for the books”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon before walking away. She goes back to her seat and starts arranging her things, so her table won’t be too messy and it won’t be too embarrassing with Jongwoon.

 

“I can’t believe that I’m going to see him again. Wow! Destiny is really good in playing at me. Actually, I don’t know if I’m ready to see him again because I really don’t know if I am ready to hear what he needs to tell me and to hear about him and Sungmin-shi”

 

Ryeowook told herself sadly.

 

“Just as I thought I will only feel hurt. Why destiny? Why do I need to meet him again and be hurt like this knowing that he already moved on with his life and he is already happy without me? Do you really need to play on me?”

 

Ryeowook asks, controlling her tears from falling. She takes a deep breath and takes a sip on her raspberry smoothie to calm herself. Jongwoon must not see her sad and hurt. Ryeowook keeps on telling herself that she wouldn’t feel hurt when she meets Jongwoon again because she knows that he is already happy with Sungmin. She thought that it will be easy, but she doesn’t know that it’s really hard and it felt hurt when you finally see the man you love again.

 

“It hurts because Jongwoon already moves on while I’m still stuck in our past. I still love him, but he already love someone else”

 

Ryeowook told herself.

 

“I guess we’re really not meant to be. But at least, he is happy and that matters most. I’m already happy just by seeing him happy”

 

Ryeowook told herself, flashing a sad smile. She sighs sadly and just continues working with her lesson plan while waiting for Jongwoon to finish paying for the books.

 

“I’m done”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook as he sits on the empty chair, facing Ryeowook.

 

“So, can we continue chatting now?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook nods her head. She raises her head and stares at Jongwoon.

 

“How are you?”

 

Jongwoon asks again while smiling at Ryeowook.

 

“I’m doing great. I’m doing my lesson plan. You see. I need to finish it today because I’m already going to pass it tomorrow to my supervisor for her to check and approve it”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry. Am I disturbing you?”

 

Jongwoon asks sadly. Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“No. Of course not. It’s ok. Don’t mind me. I’m almost done with it, so there’s nothing to worry about”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling at him. Jongwoon smiles too because he is happy to see Ryeowook’s smile again…the smile that he misses so much.

 

“Is your heart ok now? How have you been after the surgery?”

 

Jongwoon asks with concern. He wants to hear Ryeowook telling him that she is fine.

 

“The heart surgery is successful. I’m ok now and I’m already healthy. Thank you for letting me live. I owe my life to you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, thanking him because if it wasn’t for Jongwoon, she will not live. But for Ryeowook, she will rather choose to die than to live without Jongwoon in her life.

 

“You don’t owe me anything. I’m the one who owe you a lot because I leave you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook sadly.

 

“I’m sorry Wookie. I didn’t have the chance to say a proper goodbye. I’m sorry for leaving you. I hope you can forgive me”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook with teary eyes.

 

“Can we not talk about it anymore?”

 

Ryeowook asks; tears start forming in her eyes because she can’t help but to feel sad every time that she’s going to think about how hers and Jongwoon’s love story ended in a very dramatic way. She feels sad whenever she will think that Jongwoon leave her and the reason why he did that.

 

“Let’s forget about the past because we have our own lives now”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, wiping the tears that fall down from her eyes. She holds Jongwoon’s hand and smiles at him.

 

“I’m not mad at you. I can never be mad at you. I’m not mad at anyone. All of us deserve to be happy and all I want is for you to be happy with your life and to see you happy. Look at you. You look so gorgeous compare before and you look so good. Your smile is very happy and I can see in your eyes that you’re happy with her and that matters most. Your happiness is my happiness. I am happy just to see you happy”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon happily.

 

“You don’t need to apologize because you did nothing to hurt me. You just did the thing that you think was right”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“So, let’s not talk about the past anymore. Let’s just talk about our present life now. Is that ok?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon smiles and nods his head.

 

“Tell me more about you. I want to know what you’re doing now”

 

Jongwoon told his ex-fiancée.

 

“Well…”

 

Ryeowook smiles and let go of Jongwoon’s hand.

 

“I go back to school when I finally recover after the heart surgery. By the way, thank you”

 

“For?”

 

Jongwoon asks curiously.

 

“For bringing back my scholarship and shouldering the expenses for my practicum and graduation fees and other fees in Seoul University”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Huh?”

 

Jongwoon asks as he shook his head.

 

“I’m not the one who bring back your scholarship and I’m not the one who pay those expenses”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Then who did that if it’s not you?”

 

Ryeowook asks curiously. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“Maybe appa did that because he told me that everything will be back to normal”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Oh! I see”

 

Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“Anyway, I’m already pre-school teacher now and I’m studying for my master’s degree. I still work at Mouse Rabbit every weekend. I need to earn extra money for my masters. Have you already seen our Mouse Rabbit family?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon nods happily.

 

“I went there before I go here to look for books. I had a little chat with them while drinking peach smoothie”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Peach smoothie? Not espresso roast?”

 

Ryeowook asks curiously. Jongwoon laughs softly.

 

“Because you’re not there, that’s why I didn’t order for espresso roast. Nobody will make my espresso roast. It’s good to see them. I’m happy to know that Henry and Sunny are already married and they already have a baby. I play with Minho. He’s so cute. I miss everyone and Zhoumi already has a girlfriend. He introduces her to me because his girlfriend is there when I arrive. Ahjumma is looking good and healthy. Hae and Hyukkie are still childish, but very sweet, especially to each other and to their son”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook happily.

 

“I really thought that we’re not going to see each other again. They told me that it’s your break time. You leave the café, but you didn’t tell them where you’re going and that’s why I thought that I can no longer see you again”

 

“I didn’t tell them that I’m going here and I’m going to do my lesson plan because I’m in a hurry awhile ago”

 

“I was surprise to see you here in the place where we first met”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook as he roams his eyes around, observing the library.

 

“Nothing changes that much. It’s been four years, but this place still looks the same though they renovated it a little”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who nods her head.

 

“They made it bigger because the people who are going here are increasing every day. Mouse Rabbit has a lot of customers every day, especially during weekend. It’s good that I manage to have a break today though it’s a bit late”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. She smiles at him.

 

“How about you?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Me? What about me?”

 

Jongwoon asks curiously while smiling at Ryeowook.

 

“How are you? How long have you been here in Seoul? I once heard Siwon oppa and Manager Mimi talking that you and Sungmin-shi are living in your mansion at West Vancouver”

 

“Yes. We’re staying there for good”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He didn’t tell Ryeowook the reason why he chooses to stay in Canada and not in Seoul—he wants to forget about Ryeowook and start his life with Sungmin and that’s why he goes far away from Seoul.

 

“I’ve been in Seoul for two weeks already. Minnie and I went here to have vacation and to visit appa and father in law. Her dad is currently staying here in Seoul and not in London because of business matters. I’m also here because of work. Business partnerships and meetings and that’s why this is the only time that I visit Mouse Rabbit and look for you. I want to see you before I leave. You see. Minnie and I are going back in Canada. Today is our flight, eleven in the evening”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Does she know that you’re going to visit Mouse Rabbit and look for me?”

 

Ryeowook asks because she doesn’t want Jongwoon and Sungmin to have a misunderstanding because of her. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“Yes. I told her about it and I told her that I will buy her some books for her studies and I also bought some books for kids…bedtime stories”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“How is she?”

 

Ryeowook asks happily.

 

“She’s doing great and very beautiful. She’s studying business. She told me that she doesn’t want to be a model anymore and she wants to be a CEO and help me in managing our companies. I told her that she should just stay at home and take care if me and our baby. But you know her. She’s a hardheaded girl. She keeps on insisting, so I let her go back to school and study business as long as she will not stress herself and she will take care of herself whenever I’m not around”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Baby? You already have a child?”

 

Ryeowook asks. She feels hurt knowing that Jongwoon and Sungmin already have a child. She suddenly remembers her unborn baby who died in her womb. But she feels happy for Jongwoon and Sungmin even though it hurts her.

 

“Yes”

 

Jongwoon nods his head happily.

 

“I’m going to be a father soon. Minnie is already four weeks pregnant. It’s our first baby. Well, she had a miscarriage before, so it’s our first baby”

 

“Oh! Sorry to hear about that. But I’m happy for you and Sungmin-shi”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“How about you?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook shook her head cutely.

 

“Me? I’m not pregnant”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, pouting cutely at him. Jongwoon laughs softly and gently pinches Ryeowook’s cheek.

 

“That’s not what I meant. I want to know if you already found your prince charming”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. His smile suddenly vanished from his lips when he notices Ryeowook’s necklace. It was the engagement ring that he gave her before. Ryeowook quickly hides her necklace under her shirt when she notices Jongwoon staring at it.

 

“Ah…I’m still single”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“That’s because I’m busy with my studies. I’m also busy working at Mouse Rabbit and I’m busy as a pre-school teacher. I don’t have time for love life. I need to focus on the things that I want to accomplish in life and the dreams that I want to achieve before I find myself a boyfriend”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, flashing a smile. It’s true that she is busy and that’s why she doesn’t have time to look for a boyfriend. But that’s not the real reason why she’s still single. Ryeowook is afraid to love again because she’s afraid that it will fail again, just like what happen to her and Jongwoon. The other reason is she still love Jongwoon and she still can’t forget him and that’s why she doesn’t want to have a boyfriend yet.

 

“Well, there will always be a right time for that. I know that my prince charming will find me someday”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling at him, so he wouldn’t worry about her.

 

“I hope you will find the man who will love you and who will make you happy for the rest of your life because if that guy is an , I won’t hesitate to fly here in Seoul and hit him hard”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, making her laugh softly.

 

“It’s really good to see you again Wookie. I miss you and I’m very happy to see you again and to see you laughing and smiling so bright. Honestly, I miss that bright smile of yours and I am happy because I finally see it again”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, smiling sweetly at her. Ryeowook flashes her brightest smile.

 

“I also miss you Jongwoon and I’m also happy to see you again. I never expect that we will meet each other here on place wherein we first met. I can still remember that day. You’re too grumpy and very serious way back then. You don’t even know how to smile and you’re so snobbish”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon as they smile at each other, remembering the first time they met.

 

“How are you and your dad?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“We’re fine. We’re back to the way we’re used to be. I already forgive him though he’s not yet asking for forgiveness. He’s not even apologizing to me. But what can I expect? He never says sorry to anyone. But it’s ok because I already forgive him with all my heart and I don’t hate him anymore”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“That’s good to hear. I’m glad that you and Mr. Kim are ok now and close again”

 

“We’re not close. We never become close…except when I was a kid. He’s still a cold person…the Kim Youngwoon that I used to know”

 

“How about Teukie umma? How is she?”

 

Ryeowook asks, missing Teukie. Jongwoon smiles at her.

 

“She’s fine. She’s very happy with uncle Younho. I finally learn to accept umma’s new husband and we’re ok. He is a good man and he loves umma that much, so I’m happy for both of them. They will visit me and Minnie at West Vancouver next month. She’s very excited to see her pregnant daughter in law and she just can’t wait for the arrival of her grandchild. Everyone is happy and really excited. Appa, father in law and uncle Younho want it to be a baby boy, but Minnie and umma want it to be a baby girl”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook happily. He is also excited for the arrival of his child.

 

“How about you? Are you expecting for a baby boy or baby girl?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Any gender will do. I really don’t mind if the baby is a boy or girl”

 

Jongwoon answers happily.

 

“Wookie…”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Ryeowook asks as she stares at Jongwoon curiously.

 

“Thank you”

 

“For what?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“Thank you for everything. Thank you for teaching me how to smile and to be happy and to forgive. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and because of that I learn how to love and I learn what love is. I learn how to take the hatred and anger in my heart and to replace it with forgiveness and it’s all because of you. I learn to love my wife because you teach me that love is like a plant. The love that you plant will eventually grow until it become strong like a tree”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who smiles brightly at him. Ryeowook holds Jongwoon’s hand.

 

“You owe me nothing. It was you who did it and not me. I know that you will never become rude and cruel like your father because you know how to love, be happy and to enjoy life and to appreciate the people around you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“You need to be a good husband to Sungmin-shi. You need to take care of her and to love her with all your heart. Make her feel special each and every day and don’t ever go to sleep at night without telling her how much you love her. Treat her as if she’s the only woman alive in the whole universe. You also need to be a loving father. Always give time to your child and of course to your wife. Work can wait. Family always matters, so always put them in your top priority and not your work and companies”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon who nods happily at her.

 

“I know that you will be a good and loving husband and father because you’re such a very loving, kind, sweet, gentle, responsible, strong and wonderful person that I ever known in my entire life. You see. After all that happens before, you still manage to stand and be happy and go on with your life and I salute you for that. Sungmin-shi is very lucky to have a husband like you and your baby that is soon to arrive is very lucky to have a dad like you”

 

Ryeowook smiles and cups Jongwoon’s gorgeous face, caressing his cheek gently.

 

“I am happy for you…so happy. You always smile ok. Don’t ever take that away from your lips. I’m glad to know that you’re doing great and you’re happy with Sungmin-shi and with your life right now. Always stay happy. You’re fine now, right?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon nods his head. He holds Ryeowook’s hand and softly kisses it.

 

“You give me forever even though we didn’t end up together and that forever is here”

 

Jongwoon places Ryeowook’s hand on his chest.

 

“Thank you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, controlling her tears from falling. Somehow, she feels happy even though she and Jongwoon didn’t end up together because Jongwoon didn’t forget her and he is fine and happy even though she is not with him. Ryeowook is happy because she knows that Sungmin is making Jongwoon happy and Jongwoon is happy with her.

 

“Can I hug you for the last time?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook nods her head.  Jongwoon stands up and joins Ryeowook on the couch. He pulls her gently and hugs her tight. Ryeowook wraps her arms around Jongwoon, hugging him tight too. She knows that they should say goodbye to each other forever. She feels sad because she needs to let go of Jongwoon completely and forget him. She feels sad because she already need to say goodbye to him.

 

“Thank you Wookie. Promise me that you will be fine and happy. I want you to be happy. You deserve to be happy. I hope to meet your husband the next time that we see each other. I want to see you happy and smiling because of him”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who nods her head. Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon.

 

“It’s not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow. I won’t lie to you Jongwoon. I know that it will be hard for me to forget you. I won’t promise you that I will not cry whenever I’m going to miss you. The only thing that I can promise you is that I will try to smile no matter how hard it is and those memories that we have shared together will always stay in my heart”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“Always be happy with her and love her with all your heart. Goodbye Jongwoon”

 

Ryeowook told the man she loves. Jongwoon shook his head and softly kisses Ryeowook’s hands.

 

“Goodbye to our past, but we will see each other again...someday”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“And I will wait for that day and maybe I can already introduce my prince charming to you, the next time that we will see each other again”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, smiling at him.

 

“I will be glad to meet him. If he hurts you, I will throw him at the Han River”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook as they both laugh softly. Jongwoon stares at his watch.

 

“I need to go now. Minnie is waiting for me and I still need to buy a pumpkin pie for her. She’s craving for it. She always wants to eat and she’s a bit moody sometimes”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“I also need to go. My break is over now. I need to go back at Mouse Rabbit”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon as she starts packing her things.

 

“This is for you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He puts a paper bag on top of the table.

 

“What is this?”

 

Ryeowook asks curiously. Jongwoon smiles at him.

 

“Open it”

 

Jongwoon told her. Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon for the meantime before opening the paper bag.

 

“Jongwoon…”

 

Ryeowook pouts at Jongwoon upon seeing what’s inside the paper bag. It was the story book for children that she wants to buy.

 

“What? I think you can use it in the future since you’re a pre-school teacher and maybe you can read those stories for your future kids”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook who is still pouting at him. She suddenly remembers the book that Jongwoon bought for her on the day that they first met—the book about arts and the book that they both want to have. But at the end, Ryeowook still wins because Jongwoon bought it for her.

 

“But you also want this book. Why do you always let me have the book that you also want? You can also use this book for your baby”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, giving the book to him. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“That’s your copy. Keep it ok”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He gets something inside the paper bag that he’s holding and shows it to Ryeowook happily.

 

“Tada! See? I also have mine. There are two copies left. One for you and one for me”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook happily.

 

“How much do I need to pay you?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon shook his head.

 

“I told you that it’s a gift. Take it or I’ll get mad at you”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, pouting cutely at her. Ryeowook smiles and nods her head.

 

“Thank you. I’m really going to use this book for my students and I’ll keep this for my future kids”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon happily. She puts the book back inside the paper bag and put it inside her backpack. She wears her backpack and smiles at Jongwoon.

 

“Let’s go?”

 

Ryeowook asks. Jongwoon nods his head. Ryeowook carries her book about child psychology on her arm and stands up. She throws the empty cup of raspberry smoothie in the trash bin before leaving the library with Jongwoon.

 

“Thanks for the time Wookie. It’s good to see you again. Let’s meet again…someday”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook happily. Ryeowook nods her head.

 

“If you visit South Korea again, you can always drop by at Mouse Rabbit. I will always wait for you”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon, hugging him.

 

“Have a safe flight”

 

Ryeowook whispers to Jongwoon before letting go of him. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“You take care of yourself. Always smile”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook. He raises his pinky in front of Ryeowook.

 

“What is that for?”

 

Ryeowook asks while staring at Jongwoon’s pinky.

 

“Pinky promise…promise that you will always smile and you will always be happy ok”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook, smiling at her. Ryeowook stares at Jongwoon.

 

“You also need to promise me that you will also be happy and you will also keep on smiling ok”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon who nods at her. Ryeowook smile and intertwines her pinky on his.

 

“PROMISE!”

 

Jongwoon and Ryeowook said in unison, smiling at each other before letting go of each other’s pinky.

 

“Take care of Sungmin-shi and your baby. Love them and make sure that they will always be your top priority ok”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon.

 

“I will”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Are you going to be ok?”

 

Jongwoon asks. Ryeowook smiles at him.

 

“I will”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon. She will try to be ok and to move on and live her life without Jongwoon and be happy without him and forget him because on that day, she will already start a new life as she formally say goodbye to the love of her life. On that day, Ryeowook will learn to live and be happy without Jongwoon and on that day, Ryeowook will already let go of him completely and forget him.

 

“I’m going now”

 

Jongwoon told Ryeowook.

 

“Drive safely and take care…always”

 

Ryeowook told Jongwoon who nods his head. He smiles at Ryeowook and waves his hand at her before going inside his car. He puts down the paper bag that he’s holding on the passenger’s seat. He gets his mobile phone in his pocket when he heard it ringing. Jongwoon smiles before answering the call.

 

“Yes honey?”

 

Jongwoon asks happily. Sungmin smiles upon hearing her husband’s voice.

 

“Are you going home now?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“I’m already cooking dinner. Youngwoon appa and appa will have dinner with us before we fly back in Canada tonight”

 

Sungmin told her husband while happily preparing the things that she will need in cooking dinner. Jongwoon nods his head.

 

“Yes honey. I will just buy your pumpkin pie and then go home”

 

Jongwoon told Sungmin as he starts the engine of his car.

 

“Have you seen her?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously. Jongwoon nods his head happily.

 

“Yes”

 

Jongwoon answers happily. Sungmin smiles.

 

“How is she?”

 

Sungmin asks.

 

“She’s fine. Still the same. Thanks honey”

 

“For?”

 

Sungmin asks curiously.

 

“For allowing me to see her again”

 

Jongwoon told his wife with a smile on his lips. He really thought that Sungmin will never allow him to see Ryeowook again.

 

“I know that you will be happy if you will see her again and beside and she’s really the reason why we’re here in South Korea. It’s not about your work and it’s not because we miss our fathers, but because you want to see her again. It’s fine with me. Past is past and I trust you”

 

Sungmin told her husband.

 

“Thank you. Wait for me ok. I’ll just buy your pumpkin pie before I go home”

 

Jongwoon told his wife. Sungmin nods her head happily and puts her hand on her tummy.

 

“Ok. I and our little angel will wait for you. Drive safely. I love you”

 

Sungmin told Jongwoon who smiles brightly.

 

“I love you too”

 

Jongwoon told his wife before hanging up. He puts his mobile phone on the Bluetooth holder and stares at Ryeowook who is standing outside the library, waiting for him to drive his car away.

 

“We might not end up together, but I believe that we have forever because you will always stay in my heart. It’s not goodbye Wookie. We will see each other again…someday and I hope when that day comes, I hope that you’re already happy with someone”

 

Jongwoon told his self while staring at Ryeowook.

 

“It’s time to go now. Honey is waiting and our little angel too”

 

Jongwoon told his self, feeling happy to go home and see his beautiful wife. He wears his sunglasses and softly blows the horn of his car. Ryeowook waves at him happily. Jongwoon smiles and starts driving his car away.

 

“I’m happy for you Jongwoon. You deserve to be happy and I’m glad that it’s Sungmin-shi”

 

Ryeowook whispers as she watches Jongwoon’s car going away.

 

“We will meet someday and if that someday finally comes, I will introduce you to my prince charming”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She sighs.

 

“Seriously, will I ever found him?”

 

Ryeowook asks herself. She holds her necklace and stares at the engagement ring that Jongwoon gave her when he proposed marriage to her.

 

“I will learn to forget you someday and someday there will be someone who will replace you in my heart”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She hides her necklace under her shirt and takes a deep breath.

 

“Ok. It’s time to go back at Mouse Rabbit now. I’ll just finish my lesson plan later when I go home”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She drops her head and starts walking and bumps into someone on her way to Mouse Rabbit. Ryeowook drops her book. The tall handsome man who is wearing a lab gown and geeky glasses who look serious also drops his book.

 

“Oh my God! I’m sorry. I’m not looking on my way”

 

Ryeowook told the man, apologizing to him. He just ignores her because he is talking to someone over the phone. He just gets his book on the floor and quickly went inside his car and drives it away.

 

“Why so serious?”

 

Ryeowook asks as she pouts. She just takes a deep breath and gets her book on the floor. Her eyes suddenly grow big upon seeing the book that she was holding.

 

“Principles of Neural Science, Fifth Edition”

 

Ryeowook reads the title of the hardbound book that she was holding.

 

“Aigoo! This is not my book! That serious man in lab gown with geeky glasses has it. Aish! How can he pick a wrong book on the floor? He should have check it first before going inside his car and leave”

 

Ryeowook told his self, feeling worried because she needs her book for her studies.

 

“What am I going to do now?”

 

Ryeowook asks.

 

“I think I should just stay late at night and research in the internet. But…how am I going to get my book back?”

 

Ryeowook asks as she sighs.

 

“Aish! Don’t tell me that I need to buy another book?”

 

Ryeowook told herself with teary eyes. She stares at the book that she was holding.

 

“Maybe I can meet him again and return this book to him and he can also return my book to me”

 

Ryeowook told herself while nodding her head slowly. She opens the book and scans it to look for possible contact numbers. But she didn’t find anything, only the surname of the owner written at the front page on the lower right corner.

 

“Doctor Cho”

 

Ryeowook reads.

 

“So, he is a doctor. Now I understand why he’s wearing a lab gown”

 

Ryeowook told herself.

 

“But seriously…”

 

Ryeowook takes a deep breath.

 

“WE’RE ON EARTH I AM GOING TO LOOK FOR THAT DOCTOR CHO? THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD WITH CHO AS A SURNAME!!!!”

 

Ryeowook shouts, ignoring the people who give her a glare.

 

“We should meet again. I mean…he will surely look for his book and maybe he will return here to look for it. I’ll just keep his book for the meantime, right Doctor Cho?”

 

Ryeowook asks while staring at ‘Doctor Cho’ that was written on the lower right corner of the front page.

 

“I’ll just think about it after I’m done with my lesson plan. I really hope that I can see him again, so I can return his book and I can get my book back”

 

Ryeowook told herself. She sighs and starts going up the stairs to go back at Mouse Rabbit.



 

 

A/N: “Forever stays in a person’s heart. Forever doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to be with the person you love because as long as that person stays in your heart, there will always be forever”

 

Thanks for reading this story. I know that there are still a lot of questions to be answered and things that need to be discovered. There will be a sequel for this. There is also a prequel and untold story. Some secrets will be revealed at the untold story and the prequel will be the story of Kangteuk, Younho and Yoonji.

 

Thanks for reading. I love you all. To God Be The Glory :)