Leaving

We are Shinhwa!

Minwoo was screaming and shouting while watching Sistar19 performing their song on Music Bank live on the tv.

'Ah! Bora! Omg, that move.' his eyes were glued on the tv throughout their performance.
Andy shook head in disbelief.
'I guess his obsession with Bora has reached the danger zone.' he said to Andy.
'Why don't we bring them together? I'm kind of pity of Minwoo hyung for behaving like this' he whispered.
'Yah! You think I'm deaf? I literally can hear every word you said.' MInwoo turned to them.
'Aniii, I'm one of her ahjusshi's fan, is that wrong?' he added.
Andy tried to calm him down.

They were taking a break from their recording of their upcoming single. Everyone was there, except Dongwan, who was busy with his daily drama and would return to the studio at night.

On the other hand, Dongwan didn't let Eric's words yesterday affected his performance in his drama. In fact, this morning he received a call from Mi Rae, inviting him over for a dinner cooking Hee Rae's favourite dish, which was also his favourite dish.

After they wrapped up for the day, someone tapped him on the shoulders. It was Jihye.

'You looked happy? Is it got to do with the question you asked the other day?' she asked.
Dongwan smiled. 'Kind of.'
'Looking from your smile, i think it went smoothly.' she added.
'I'm going over to her house for dinner later.' He looked at his watch. 'I'm running late, see you tomorrow.' 

Minwoo, Junjin and Hyesung just finished their dance practice. They were discussing Hyesung's stiff moves and he kept defending himself, saying he didn't warm up properly. They were bickering until they realized Eric was not there.

'Where did he go?' Minwoo looked at them.
'He was here minutes ago. He's gone?' asked Junjin.
'Damn, I was just planning to make him pay for the food later. Mission failed.' Minwoo thought.

On the way, Dongwan was thinking what should he buy for her. Then, he was reminded of their days together. She would always cook his favourite dish for him whenever he had free time from his schedule and he always bought her a box of chocolate to thank her for everything she had done for him. He let his manager went back and have an early rest while he drove the car to her house. A box of chocolate & a small Pororo plushie he bought for Hee Rae sat on the passenger seat. As he drove, he couldn't help but to smile. 

As his car approaching her house, he noticed a familiar white MPV parked in front of his car. "Eric?" he thought. "It can't be." Then, he looked as Eric came out from his car, shopping bags filled his both hands and walked towards Mi Rae's house. 

"I think she will like it. Hee Rae will like the gift I bought for her." Eric thought. He rang the doorbell, anticipating Mi Rae's presence. "Who is that?" Mi Rae's voice was heard through the speaker. "Eric is here." A while later, she opened the door.

"Oppa...why are you here?" she asked.
"Why you sounded as if I'm not supposed to be here? Can i come in?" he asked. She nodded and welcomed him in.

Dongwan witnessed everything and had a mixed feeling. Eric likes Mi Rae. He's not someone who would easily back out in terms of relationships. So, should he be the one who have to give her up for the sake of 's happiness? He slammed his hand against the steering wheel in frustration.

"Are you expecting someone? Why there are a lot of dishes?" Eric asked, putting down his jacket on the sofa. Hee Rae came and greeted him with a hug. "Hee Rae! Uncle Eric have something for you!" He took out a small Pororo plushie out from a bag and surprised her. Mi Rae said that she had been wanting to hug a Pororo plushie since a year ago but due to her condition; to stay away from furs and dust, she couldn't afford to have one.

"Hee Rae, gave uncle a kiss on the cheek and say thank you." her mum ordered.

A while later, her phone rang.

"hello, dongwan-sshi, where are you?"
"Mi Rae, I'm not coming. Something cropped up at the studio, I need to do a re-shoot."
"But, Hee Rae is anticipating your arrival."

Dongwan heard laughters in the background.

"That sounds like Eric."
"He suddenly came, I didn't know what to do."
"It's ok. Just entertain him. I'm sorry. I'll come next time."

Before she could continue, he hung up.

"Never want to hurt yet not wanting to lose either of them."

Next day at the shooting set of his drama, he was taking a break after he was done with his scene with Jihye.
"Hyung, there is something i need to discuss with you." said his manager.
"What is it?" he asked.
"I did an overall check of your schedule for the next 2 months. You are very packed with the drama shooting since in the next episodes your scenes will be more than the other actors and perhaps will overlap with Shinhwa Broadcast's shoot." he explained.
He wiped off the sweat on his forehead. "You tried rearrange it other ways to accomodate both? I still have rehearsal shoots, is it included?" Dongwan asked.
"Other members set 3/4 rehearsals per week. I can only insert 1. It's not balanced, hyung." he seemed at loss.
"It's been a while. I have to make a decision. I'm now tired enough to juggle these 3 at once. I guess I have to withdraw myself from the variety show. What do you think?" Dongwan asked for his opinion.
"Are you sure hyung? I mean that variety show was well-received and now season 2 is already confirmed." he said.
"I can't be selfish to have everything. I have to sacrifice to make way. Furthermore, I feel the members will understand. So, leave that to me. I'll talk directly to the members and the PD." He tapped his shoulder, assured him everything's going to be fine.

Dongwan never had a proper rest since the bone marrow extraction surgery. Throughout his packed schedule since then, he's been suffering from mild backache and sometimes had a flu however knowing that taking care of his health is always a priority, he managed to see his doctor and received a injection.

"Where's Dongwan? The shoot is going to start any soon." asked Junjin, looking at his watch. All 5 of them were present, except Dongwan, who was on the way to the studio set. There has been a delay in the shoot in the last hour and he called the Shinhwa Broadcast PD he would be late.

"Ya Eric, where were you that night? I was thinking of going out for a drink with the rest of us." asked MInwoo, who was in the midst of being powdered on the face by the make-up artist.
"Just somewhere." Minwoo glanced at Eric through the mirror and saw him smile.
"That is weird, why are you smiling? Did you go somewhere we didn't know? Tell Us! Tell Us!" said Minwoo.

"Did I smell something burning?" Junjin parodied that infamous Eric's line.

"Ya, what's burning. Nothing. Nothing happened." Eric kept flipping the magazine.

"Ya, Hyesung, what are you busy with?" asked Eric, who was trying to divert the attention away from that ambiguous topic.
"KangTa just texted me. He's now shooting a cable drama, wondering if I have time to meet him and Jaehoon for a drink." said Hyesung.
"Then?" Eric was fiddling with his ear.
"Ya, stop it. I told him since we are doing a comeback, I don't have time nowadays to meet him. That's about it. Stop it, Mun Jung Hyuk. I'm going to punch you for real if you stop fiddling with my ear." He shifted to the right in frustration.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." Dongwan rushed into the make-up room.
"Hyung, this cannot continue. If you are going to be late always, we couldn't finish on time. Pity the staff." said Andy.
"I know but things are not within my control. Director was not happy with the scene last minute so he wanted a re-shoot." he tried to explain.

Junjin wrapped his hand on his shoulders. "It's ok, hyung. You are busy, we understand."

"Guys, let's have a drink after the shoot. I need to tell you guys something."