Chapter 17

Welcome to My World

Past

“Appa!!!” Rini called out as she rushed into the main hall where her father was finishing up his afternoon tea. His eyes lit up as he saw his beautiful daughter huffing and puffing as she ran towards him.

“What’s wrong Rini?” Father questioned.

“Look what I can do!” Rini, filled with excitement, began to show off her new power to him. He chuckled; he knew how much she loves to show off. The elder clapped his hands with delight.

“Now where did you learn how to fly?”

“Oppa let me copy his powers!” Rini grinned. Then two figures entered the room. A beautiful elegant lady smiled at her daughter and ruffled her son’s hair.

“Umma!” Rini flew over to her and jumped into her arms. 

“Did you show your appa how to fly?” Mother asked as she smoothed out her hair.

“Neh!!”

Father joined his family and picked up his son, “How is my strong son doing?”

He just shrugged his shoulders. He wasn’t much a speaker, but more of a doer. Rini wiggled out of her mother’s embraced and grabbed her older brother’s hand. A shade of pink flushed his face as he saw his little sister beamed with happiness.

“Oppa! Let’s play in the garden okay?”

The elder brother nodded his hand and let his younger sibling dragged him away. The parents smiled at their children.

“You know I never thought they would get along.” Father smiled.

The wife nudged her husband and giggled, “Why wouldn’t they? Jaejoong adores Rini as much as we do.”

“I still remember the day we found him from Nuvia. Rini was just an infant when the two first met. They clicked instantly!”

“Jaejoong is going to become a great king of Aros.” Mother smiled as she watched their children play. Father agreed, but a little voice in the back of his head told him it was not.

Present

“No. Leave them alone..” Rini grumbled as she tossed and turn in her sleep.

The clock strikes seven when Kris happened to pass her room when he heard her sleep talking again. He quietly peered into her monochromatic white room. Seriously everything was white.

“Go away. Leave them alone..”

Kris furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, *what is she dreaming about?* He sat on the edge of her bed as she still tossed and turn. He sighed as he remembered this isn’t the first time this happened.

“I wish Suho was here, he was the only one who can really calm her down from bad dreams.” Kris muttered as he reached his hand out to her. He gently laid his on her head. Immediately she stopped moving, but fear was written all over her face.

Lay also happened to be passing by her room when he heard her elder brother voice. He peeked in between the crack of her door to see Kris and Rini. Lay saw his hand on her hand and he instantly knew what was going on. He pushed the door open. Kris sprung off her bed, startled by the sudden sound and sighed out of relief when he found out it was just Lay.

“Yah, don’t scare me like that.” Kris glared at his younger sibling.

“Bad dream?” Lay questioned as he totally ignored Kris’s earlier comment.

“Yeah.”

Lay sat on the other side of the bed and laid his hand on her head. Her expression stayed the same. “She’s probably dreaming about Atticus.” Lay frowned.

Kris nodded. “Can you watch her? I have to go to work now.”

Lay nodded and bid a farewell to his brother. He looked back down at Rini. *I really wish I had my powers to make this bad dream go away.*

 

Rini tossed over to her side as the sun shined brightly on her face. Fluttering her eyes opened she noticed a figure on the end of her bed. Fear filled her heart as she grabbed her pillow, ready to attack whoever it was.

“YAH! LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AWAY ATTICUS!!!!” She screamed as she smacked the figure with a pillow.

He jolted up from his slumber and turned to Rini. “Ya-yah! Nini! It’s just me-”

“SHUT UP! GO AWAY!!!! OPPAS HELP!!!!!”

Sehun and Luhan burst into her room as soon as they heard her screaming with D.O., Chen, and Lay trailing behind them.

“Nini! Stop! It’s Chanyeol!!!” Sehun said as he grabbed the pillow away from her.

Rini’s arms were left in the air when she finally noticed it was Chanyeol. He fixed his glasses and frowned, “Nini that hurts.”

“Omo! Oppa I am so sorry!!!!” Rini gasped and koala bear hugged him.

Chanyeol knew he couldn’t stay mad at her, especially when Rini is hugging him like that. “It’s okay! I forgive you.” He cheekily grinned.

His brothers rolled their eyes, *.*

Lay sat on her bed and placed his hand on hers, “Did you dream about him?”

Rini lifted her head from Chanyeol’s shoulder (which Chanyeol was pissed about Lay ruining their moment) and nodded. Lay nodded and gave her a reassuring smile that it was only a dream.

“But I did have another dream. It was with appa, umma, and another boy. I kept calling him oppa.” Rini sighed as she tried hard to remember.

“Nini, it’s okay if you don’t remember.” Chen said.

Rini gave up for now to remember his face. She looked at the other aliens and titled her head to the side, “Don’t you guys have work today?”

“OMO! Hyungs we’re gonna be late!!” Sehun gasped as he rushed out of her room, “COME ON WE CAN’T BE LATE AGAIN!!!”

Luhan shook his head and went after him, “Pabo doesn’t realize we have work in thirty minutes.”

“Nini we’ll see you later alright? Breakfast is still on the table so make sure you eat up.” D.O. smiled and ruffled her hair.

“Thanks oppa!” She smiled and wave goodbye.

Chanyeol stood up, with Rini in his arms and placed her on her two feet. “I’m gonna help Chen find a job today. Xiu Min is already at work.”

Rini nodded, “What about you Lay oppa?”

“Under leader Kris, he’s going to stay with you. After encountering Atticus you need one of us so we voted on Lay.” Chanyeol explained.

“But you should of saw Sehun and Xiu Min fighting to stay with you.” Chen laughed.

Rini shook her head, “Those two silly oppas. But are you sure you’re okay staying with me Lay oppa?”

Lay nodded and smiled at her. Rini smiled back and bid farewell to Chanyeol and Chen.  Lay ruffled her hair and left her room to give her privacy before she went downstairs to eat. Rini blew a raspberry and flopped onto her bed.

*Who was that in my dream?*

 

It was afternoon and Rini and Lay were lounging around the backyard. Lay was silently reading a magazine and Rini was on her stomach munching on apples dipped into peanut better. Rini lifted an apple slice with sauce on it to Lay, but he politely declined. Rini popped it in and chewed on it slowly.

This is how they spent the next few………….minutes.

“Ah! Oppa! I’m bored.” Rini frowned.

Lay put down the magazine and gave her a look. Rini pouted, “I know I’m supposed to figure out how to get our powers back, but so much is going through my head right now.”

He motioned her to come over to him and she did. She sat herself on the arm of the chair he was sitting on and he smiled.

Like I said before, Lay wasn’t much of talker but more of a doer. The male placed his hand on his and gave her a look. She stared into her eyes then a memory flashed through her eyes.

A vision of a younger boy and girl running through a field of flowers flashed before her eyes. The younger brown haired girl was running away from the boy.

“Come on oppa!!!” she squealed.

The younger boy finally caught up with her. She grabbed his hand and smiled.

“Oppa you’ll never leave me right?” she asked.

The male flushed pink and nodded. He titled his head to the side and curled a strand of hair behind her ear. He weakly smiled, “Nini.”

Rini just blinked, she hasn’t heard his sweet voice for a while. But she was surly happy when he did say her name.

Suddenly the image turned black and the two younger siblings stood in a dark field. A pair of arms wrapped around the younger boy and was pulling him away Rini. “NO! OPPA!!”

The person, who belonged to the arms, smirked at her. He winked then disappeared in a flash.

“RINI!” she heard her parents shouted. Everything went mute as her father pulled her back and her mother went ahead to find her elder brother. Father covered Rini’s eyes as he watched his wife did her duty of being one of the seven saviors.

Rini blinked a couple of times and felt something wet on her cheek. Lay wiped a tear away. She hasn’t even realized she was crying. Lay pulled her into a hug and the two sat there until Rini couldn’t cry anymore.

 

 

“Sir, have you traced where the princess of Aros and the knights of EXO are?”

“Yes, I have.”

“Shall we go attack?”

“No, not yet. She still hasn’t found all of them.”

“What should we do with the one that is held captive?”

“Just keep him there. I’ll release him after she finds the rest of the idiots. Now leave me and the boy alone. I want to talk to him.”

The solider nodded and left his presence. He turned around and walked over to the boy who was kneeling on the ground with chains holding him down. He sat down in front of the boy and leaned close to him.

“Well, well. Your little princess is close to finding everyone. You should be happy.”

“Leave her alone. You already have me; shouldn’t you be happy with that, Jaejoong?”

“Well I need her to die first before I can continue on with my plans, Kai.”

Kai bit his lip. He couldn’t imagine Rini dead. “How could you say that?! She’s your sister!”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, “Please, I know her parents found me after the war in Nuvia. Her parents killed my home and family. She may be my adopted sister, but she is nothing to me.”

“But you love her!” Kai exclaimed.

“And so do you, along with the rest of brothers. But you can’t do anything to save her now. Your idiotic brothers can’t even do anything to save her. You know she is going to have to die because he is a part of those stupid, pathetic saviors crap.”

Kai glared at him. He could not stand him. He wanted to kill him.

Jaejoong smirked, “I suggest you stay put. She still has to find three more people before she can even start searching for you.”

Jaejoong got up and left the room. Kai punched the ground with his fist, *Rini, please hurry up and find the rest.*

“Atticus.”

Jaejoong turned his head and was approached by one of his soldiers. “What is it?”

“We have news from Nuvia pertaining about the invasion.”

“Good, gathered all the soldiers and I’ll be there.”

He nodded and left him. Jaejoong looked down at the screen and watched his little sister wiping away her tears. Lay smoothed out her hair and smiled. Jaejoong pulled out a ring from his pocket and stared at it. A tug on his heart made him miss the memories he shared with Rini. Shoving it back in his pocket and ignoring the feelings, he made his way to the conference room to discuss more plans about the invasion. 

 


 

Author's Note:

So before people get confused and ask questions I'm gonna clear some things! Jaejoong is actually Atticus who is Rini's elder adopted brother from Nuvia. Let's just say he decided to change his name for some reasons. Jaejoong captured Kai long before Rini started searching for the rest of the EXO boys so Kai didn't lose his memories and powers. 

Okay that should clear everything up for any confusion. I feel like I just poured out so much more information on you guys, but hey its makest the story interesting and I got a long chapter in ;D Also I'm not trying to make this a long 50 or more chapter story since I have other plans on my other story with Seung Ri and another EXO story in mind (OOOOO!!!). 

Also, remember the question I asked  for your opinions on who should end up with Rini. I narrowed it down to three candidates and Kai isn't one of them (if you guys were wondering). 

Now I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment, subscribe (for you slient readers), and yeaaah that's all folks! See yah in the next update<3

P.S. Chen is bette than your oppas ;D