Chapter 19

Welcome to My World

“Wa-wa-what are you doing here?!”

Atticus grinned evilly as he peered over her shoulder. Rini tried to move away, but her legs were planted to the ground (literally). Kai watched her, wishing he could do something to protect her but he was also stuck himself. One wrong move from Kai and Rini along with his brothers and the world will vanish in a second.

“I decide to pay my little sister a visit.”

*Little sister?* Rini was confused and tried to move again.

“It’s no use. I put a spell on you. Besides if you try to get help no one can hear you.” Atticus smirked.

Rini looked around and noticed everyone stopped. “You used time control… Why are you here Atticus?!”

“Again, I wanted to pay my little sister a visit.”

“I’m not your little sister!” Rini exclaimed angrily.

“Ouch, that hurts Nini.” Atticus frowned and walked towards Kai, “Tell her that I’m her Jaejoong oppa.”

Kai didn’t speak. He bit his lip and stared deeply into Rini’s eyes. Then he nodded.

“Jaejoong oppa? No! You can’t be him! He was taken away from Atticus!”

“Stupid girl, I am Atticus. Back then who had taken me away was my actual father after ‘our’ so called ‘father’ and his army had destroyed Nuvia. Luckily some of the Nuvians escaped and rested aside on one of our allies’ planet. I didn’t manage to escape with them cause of your damn mother who stole me away right out of my parents sight! My mother wanted to come after me, but my father decided to let me go and watch me grow so he can get his revenge back.”

Rini’s face turned pale. She couldn’t believe what she just heard. Memories flash before her eyes as she began to realize that Jaejoong is indeed Atticus. A tear escaped from her eyes. “But oppa...all we did was welcome you to our family…”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, “All what your family did is made me suffer internally on your dreaded planet.”

She looked at Kai, hoping he would say something. If only she knew what Jaejoong has put him through.

“Why is Kai with you?” Rini questioned as she tried to get over the fact that Atticus is her brother.

“He is the only one I manage to capture once all of you landed on earth.” Jaejoong replied, “But my time is almost up. We will meet again soon.” He winked and soon vanished into thin air with Kai.

Rini blinked her eyes and everything was back to normal. Everyone started moving and functioning as if nothing happened. Tears ran down her face as she fell to the ground.

“No…bring him back! Bring Kai back to me!” She cried as she gripped onto her necklace. The necklace was shining bright as ever. People around her began to whisper and questioned if she was okay, but no one dared to come up to her.

Until one fellow bravely came up.

“Miss? Are you okay?” He asked as he knelt down in front of her. He held out a baby blue handkerchief.

Rini looked up and through her blurry vision revealed Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun oppa…”

Baekhyun was surprised she knew his name, but it did not stop him from wiping her tears away. A gentle shock rushed through his veins as he touched Rini’s face. A glimpse of old memories filled his head, *Ugh not this pain again*

“Rini!” Luhan exclaimed as he finally found her. He ran over to her and was surprised to see Baekhyun.

“Is this your girlfriend?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes.” Luhan said without hesitation, “Could you help me bring her back to my table.”

Baekhyun nodded, “Sure.”

The two lifted her up and wrapped Rini’s arm around each of their neck. Luhan led the way back to the table where the others were.

“Ah there you are! AH! Hyung!” Sehun exclaimed in shock, “Baekhyun hyung! You’re here!”

Baekhyun was confused, *how does he know my name?* “Umm who are you?”

“He doesn’t remember.” D.O. frowned.

Luhan sat Rini down and motioned Baekhyun to come closer to her. Baekhyun hesitated, but he sat down next to her.

“Why is Nini crying?” Tao frowned.

Luhan shrugged and gently grabbed Rini’s hand, “Sorry this might sting Baekhyun.” He then placed her hand on his forehead.

Baekhyun immediately felt the stinging sensation with millions of memories flashed before his eyes. He backed away and held onto his head.

“Baekhyun do you remember us?” Kris asked.

“…owww my head hurts.” Baekhyun frowned, “It felt like someone hit me with a bat.”

“He’s back!” Xiu Min and Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Glad to have yah back buddy!” Chen grinned and slings his arm around his brother.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, but thanks.” Baekhyun sighed.

Lay got up from his seat and walked over to Rini who sat there quietly with tears continuously running down her face. His eyebrows furrowed and he put his hand on her head. He closed her eyes and felt her energy of despair. He jumped back as he felt something different from her aura.

“Atticus.”

“What? What are you talking about Lay?” D.O. asked, “Was he here?”

Lay nodded then looked back at Rini. He frowned, “She encountered him.”

“What? Rini what happened?” Kris bent down to her level. Rini sat there idly. “We need to get out of here. It’s not safe.”

The aliens nodded and quickly gathered their things and headed back to the house.

 

Once they were back at the house they gathered in the living room discussing nonsense while Rini was upstairs asleep with Luhan, Lay, and Kris were outside her bedroom.

“I just found her on the floor with Baekhyun.” Luhan explained for the hundredth time, “She was crying and saying to bring ‘him’ back.”

“Who is him?” Kris sighed.

“I don’t know. It can’t be Baekhyun since he was already there. I think she has must of saw someone else.” Luhan suggested.

“Well we can’t assume anything until she is ready to speak. Lay make sure she is doing okay and when she’s awake come get us.” Kris ordered.

Lay nodded and swiftly entered her room quietly. Kris rubbed his temples together.

“Gege, everything will be okay. Just be patient.” Luhan reassured him. 

“I’m trying. But knowing the girl you owe your life too is not talking and something happened to her when all of us were there but not with her at that moment pisses me off. Now that we know Atticus showed himself to her, we need to keep a close guard on her.”

Luhan nodded, “I’m sure Suho hyung will agree.”

Kris sighed, “I wish he was here calling the shots. But we need to focus on finding him and Kai. Along with getting our powers back. Time for a group meeting with the others, we’ll fill Lay in later.”

Luhan agreed and followed his brother downstairs where the rest of their brothers are.

 

Past

“Kai oppa!” Rini called out as she ran up to him.

He looked up from his book and saw the bouncing cheerful savior hovered over him. “Whatcha want? You’re blocking my reading light.”

“Oppa I’m bored.”

“Well I’m busy.”

“Yah, you’re not doing anything important.”

“Yeah, that’s the beauty of being busy.”

“Oppa!!!” Rini frowned as she crossed her arms and pouted. Kai chuckled at her childish actions.

“Okay, what do you want to do?”

Rini thought about it. “Let’s go on a walk around town! We barely get to see other Exotians outside the palace.”

“You know why appa doesn’t let us out.” Kai sighed. *Not after last time where Chanyeol almost burned down the whole town.*

“Oh come on! We can both teleport there, do a few sightseeing, then we’ll be back before dinner!”

“Hmmm…no.”

“Please oppa!”

“I don’t know.”

“Please! When do you ever follow the rules?” Rini glared at him.

“…touché. Fine. Just hurry up and copy my powers and let’s go back to the cottage so we can’t get caught easily.”

Rini grinned, “Already did! Yay let’s go!” She grabbed his hand and transported them out of the palace.

Rini transported them in an alley. Kai looked at her with wide eyes.

“Yah! I said to go back to your place before we came here!!!!”

“I know, but that will take too long.” She gave him the puppy eyes.

Kai sighed, “And you say I don’t follow the rules.”

“Oh come on oppa, stop being a party pooper. Let’s have a little fun while we’re here.”

Rini was about to step out of the alley, but Kai pulled her back. “Na uh, we need disguises. No one needs to know we’re here and that we disobeyed orders, ALONG with not letting anyone know palace. Plus I know these local girls will not stop following me if I showed my face around here.”

Rini sighed, “You and your conceitedness.”

“Hey, I can’t help that I look y.” He winked.

Rini gagged, “This is why I don’t see you in that way.”

“Well that’s because we live together.”

“Yeah and I get to see your hideous face every day.”

“Hey this face saved your multiple times in battle with my brothers!”

“And I thank you for that oppa.” Rini got on her tippy toes and kissed Kai on his cheek. “Now come on! I see a shop nearby. We can get some disguises from there.”

Kai blushed. That caught him off guard. He watched her secretly made her way to the store. *This girl is something else.* He smirked and swiftly followed her.

 

Present

Lay kept a close watch on Rini. He glanced at the clock and it was half past eleven pm. He glanced back at Rini and wondered what she was dreaming about. Slowly, Lay got up and sat on the bed beside her. He watched her expression turn from happy to sad.

*She must be dreaming about something interesting*

He placed his hand on her head and her expression began to soften. Lay frowned; he didn’t like seeing Rini like this, especially when he cannot do anything to help her in any kind of way.

Rini suddenly woke up and saw Lay beside her. She blinked a couple of times, *what happened? Lay oppa…* She realized she was at home safe and sound. Lay’s eyes brighten up and he smiled.

“Hi Oppa…” she mumbled as she sat up and wiped the eye boogers from the corners of her eyes. He smiled and ruffled her hair, “We were worried.”

She nodded, “I know. Can we see the other oppas?”                         

Lay nodded and picked up her bridal style. The EXO boys were chilling the in the living room. They looked up when they felt Lay’s presence. He stood next to entrance of the room.

“Nini!” Sehun smiled.

“Nini are you okay?” Tao asked.

Lay put her down on her two feet and guide her to the middle of the room. She plopped down and the boys surrounded her, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“We were so worried about you.” Xiu Min frowned.

Rini weakly smiled, “I’m okay. I just need to tell you what I saw.” Everyone listened closely. “When I went off to the other side of the buffet time stopped, because of Atticus.”

“WHAT?! THAT BASTARD WAS HERE?!” Chanyeol exclaimed out of instant anger.

“Yeol, calm down.” Chen said as he placed his hand on his shoulder. Chanyeol huffed and puffed as he crossed his arms.

“Go on.” D.O. nodded.

“Well Kai oppa was there…” Rini bit her lip as she vividly remembered their encountered.  

“Why? How?” the confused aliens questioned.

“Atticus captured Kai before we all reached earth. But the worst part is Atticus is Jaejoong oppa.”

(Insert gasps from every EXO boy) “WHAT?? HOW?!”                   

Rini took a deep breath. Before she could speak Kris grabbed her hand, “You don’t have to tell us, yah know. I know you’re not very comfortable talking about him.”

Rini shook her head, “Aniyo, it’s better for you guys to know. Jaejoong oppa is actually from Nuvia. After the Nuvian war with Aros, umma and appa brought home a boy with them. Little did I know he was the son of the Nuvian king, but we grew up together. Then one random day the king from Nuvia came back and took his revenge on Aros.  Jaejoong returned to his father and umma did her job as the sixth savior.”

The boys sat there in shock as they processed the information.

“Nini…” Baekhyun frowned. Rini shook her head, “Don’t feel sorry for me. All we can do is try to make everything better from here on now. Jaejoong only has Kai and we need find Suho oppa.”

Luhan nodded, “Suho is still out there. Once we find him we can plan on how to save Kai and take down Jaejoong.”

Everyone nodded. “Well let’s get some rest. Tomorrow is another day.” Kris said. The boys departed except for Rini and Kris.

“Oppa.”

“Mmm?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“Just for being here. I’m glad you didn’t forget me.”

Kris blushed, “I would never forget you. You’re too special to forget.” He walked up to Rini and moved a strand of hair out of her face.

Rini wrapped his arms around him, “Please don’t forget me when I have to leave.”

Her words hit him in the heart. He knew the day where she leaves and joins the rest of the saviors will pain him along with the rest of his brothers. “I promise I won’t forget you.”

The two held each other’s embrace. From the distance Luhan’s heart began to tug in a negative way. Luhan shook his head, *I must not think this way. She just chose who she wanted to be with* Luhan sighed and walked off to his room.

 

 

 

 

 

*A/N: Don't forget to Subscribe and Commnet [: