Chapter 10

Welcome to My World

 

A few weeks had passed by ever since D.O. popped up. The four aliens were delighted to add another member to their growing family and search party. Having D.O. helped Rini tremulously with house work and babysitting the “kids”; no, Luhan isn’t one of them if that’s what you’re thinking.

Sehun came out of the room he shared with his three brothers with a long baby blue bed sheet. Bits and pieces of his hair were out of place and eye crust was still visible at the corner of his eye. You can tell he just woke up from a lovely afternoon nap.  “Nini! I’m hungry~” Sehun whined like a five year old.

Rini and Luhan removed their attention from the television and onto the youngest child out of the boys. Sehun shuffled over to the couch they were sitting on and plopped right between them. He leaned over to Rini and nuzzled against her as if he was a cat.

“What do you want to eat oppa?” Rini asked as he smoothed out his hair.

“Food!” He grinned.

“There’s food in the kitchen.” Luhan yawned as he returned his attention back onto the television. Sehun gave them the puppy eyes, which always work. Knowing that he is lazy they looked at each other. Now if anyone just looked at these three you would just assume Rini and Luhan would have a staring contest while Sehun is sprawled out on the couch laying on both of them with a goofy grin plastered on his face.

But they’re not, well minus Sehun’s part. Rini and Luhan were intensely staring at each other with little head movements. In fact they were having a conversation.

*Rini, go get him some food.* Luhan would have said if they were using words.

*You do it Lulu oppa!” Rini smiled back weakly.

*Aniya! You do it.*

*But he loves you move oppa.*

Luhan smirked, *As the looks of it he isn’t cuddling with me.*

Little did they know that Chanyeol and D.O. were watching from the corner. Chanyeol eyebrows furrowed into jealously while D.O. glared at Sehun for being a lazy . Also D.O. was getting angry at Sehun for dragging yet another bed sheet across the floor. As the two silently argued over on who is going to get him food Chanyeol could not take it anymore.

“YAH! SEHUN GO GET YOUR OWN FOOD! YOU ARE A GROWN BOY!”

The three aliens on the couch looked surprised at the sudden outburst. So did Chanyeol.  Motherly D.O. breathed heavily with a dark glare darting towards Sehun’s direction. Sehun frowned, “Fine, ‘umma’.” He rolled off the two and lazily made his way to the kitchen. Rini and Luhan sighed out of relief, they were happy they didn’t have to shout at him.

D.O. took Sehun’s place at the couch and sighed. Rini giggled and pat his head, “Thanks oppa for yelling at him.”

“Yeah thanks.” Luhan added.

“Aish! You two wouldn’t do it since you two don’t have the balls too. Tck.” D.O. rolled his eyes and changed the channel to something more interesting. He was right, they did not have to effort to do so.

Chanyeol who was still standing at his place from the scene just stood there, not knowing what to do now.

“Hyung, why are you standing there?” Sehun asked a piece of slice bread hanging from his mouth.

Chanyeol shrugged, “I really don’t know.” He joined the others in the living room with Sehun following behind him. Chanyeol parked on the couch adjacent from the other couch were the three was chilling on.

“Yeol oppa!” Rini gretted him happily. Chanyeol grinned. He knew his virus of happiness could take effect after any awkward situation.

“Are you satisfied with your food?” D.O. asked Sehun. “Mmm, ani. But I can live.” Sehun nodded. D.O. sighed; he gave up on his younger sibling for now.

“What do you guys want for dinner?” Rini asked as she glanced at green clock hanging on the wall above the T.V. The boys sat there in deep thought pondering on what delicious food Rini could cook for them.

The show paused and went onto a commercial. The screen turned white then showed a kitchen with a Korean family. The father and kids crowded the island where the mother was showing off her culinary skills. A bunch of spices in the color read, peppers, eggs, and other assortment of food was tossed in the air and into a big, deep blue bowl.  The kids had huge grins on their face as they watched their mother cook while the father was setting up the table. Soon she finished and they were seated at the dinner table waiting happily. The mother placed a white plate with a sliver dome covering in the middle of the table. Once it was removed it showed one hot steamy plate of delicious, dukboki.

The boy’s eyes were glued on the T.V. as their mouth waters from the deliciousness they just watched. They turned to Rini with puppy eyes. Rini laughed, she guessed what they really wanted.

“Okay okay! I’ll go out and get some. Just make sure my apartment is clean when I get back. Oh I want your room super tidy too.”

“Neh neh!!!” They nodded and jolted up from their seat.

It was amusing to see the boys at work. Besides from their normal routine of training, eating, training, relaxing, eating, and then back at training at EXO, it was nice to see a change once in a while. Rini pulled a light jacket on grabbed her purse. “I’ll be back!”

“Be safe!” “Call us if you need anything!” “Nini can we have ice cream?” “Sehun!!!”

Sehun earned a whack on the head. “Wae?! I want ice cream!”

Rini giggled and left the apartment.

 

 

*Okay got a good amount of dukboki. Now time to get some ice cream.* Rini entered the ice cream parlor. The store greeted her with bright lights and a slight chill from the ice cream freezers.

*Hmm maybe I should get two different flavors...*

“Annyounghaseyo! How may I have help you?” The friendly worker asked.

“May I have one tub of chocolate ice cream and another with vanilla?”

“Neh! Anything else?”

Rini thought about it for a minute. *Hmm, I kinda wanna eat one now. Well one wouldn’t hurt. Plus all the guys would finish it before I could get any.*

A tall fellow stood next to Rini and observed the flavors. Another worker also assisted him, “How may I help you sir?”

“May I have one vanilla ice cream on a cone.” Rini and the tall fellow said in unison.

The two turned their heads and glanced at each other; well Rini had to look up. Her eyes widen. The tall fellow just looked at her with an angry expression on his face.

But she knew he wasn’t angry.

She smiled, *I found you, Kris oppa.*