Chapter 11

Welcome to My World

 

The two aliens stared at each other until the worker handed them their ice cream. They bid their farewell to the workers and exited the parlor at the time same time. Kris was about to walk away until Rini stopped him. 
 
"Umm..." 
 
Kris stopped and turned to face her.  He just stared at her while he his ice cream. 
 
"Umm I just wanted to know if you want to eat dubboki with me..?" Rini asked nervously.  She lifted up the plastic bag filled with the yummy deliciousness of dubboki. Kris raised his eyebrow in curiosity and confusion. But he said yes anyway. 
 
 
The two were sitting in silent on a bench at the park as they watched sun set and couples walked passed them. Rini slowly chewed on the rice cake, thinking on what to say. *Aigoo! Why is this hard to talk to him!? It was never this hard before!* 
Kris popped another dubboki in his mouth along with a fish cake. He glanced from his peripheral vision and stared at the brunette hair girl. *She seems cute.*
 
After thirty six minutes passed they reached at the end of container of dubboki. The two did not spoke a word at all. The sun rays started to dim and night fell. Suddenly Kris spoke up. 
 
"Why did you really ask me to join you? You don't seem the type to ask random guys out for dubboki." 
 
Rini placed her hands on her lap and looked up to meet Kris's perfectly shaped face. He sure hasn't changed a bit. He still wears the same angry expression. Kris blinked and waited for her answer. 
 
"To be honest you might think this is weird, but we met before. You probably don't remember me though..." Rini sighed and frowned at the last part she said. She clutched onto her chest where the necklace shined brightly under her black sweater. Her gazed fell to the ground as it started to darken up. It started to rain. 
 
Flashback
 
Rini blew a raspberry as she watched the rain pour down from her window. She was cooped up in her cottage bored as ever. The boys were on lock down by their father. Lets just say they were pretty crazy last night when they were battling and burned 3 acres of trees. Poor D.O. had to replant everything. 
Rini drew smilies on the window as it fogged up. Rainy days turns her mood into depression. 
 
A rainy day, she lost her mother. 
 
A rainy day, she had to leave Aros because of Atticus. 
 
She sighed and rested her chin on her elbows that rested on the window sill. She closed her eyes as a tear escaped from the painful thoughts. 
A tap from her window made her snapped out her thoughts. She opened her eyes and saw Kris. She scrambled out of the chair and rushed over to open the door. 
 
"Kris oppa! What are you doing here?! You're soaking wet!" 
 
Kris chuckled and shook his head which led to sprinkling water on Rini. "Yah! Oppa!!" She pouted. 
 
"Come let's go on a flight." He grinned. 
 
"...huh? A flight? Oppa is raining." 
 
"Silly. That's the best part. Come copy my power so we can go! I have something to show you." 
 
Rini was unsure, but agreed to his idea. She didn't want to be alone now and any company would be better than being all by herself. They stepped out of the cottage and zoomed up into the air. 
 
"Oppa where are we going??" Rini asked as she tried clear her vision from the rain. 
 
Kris grabbed her hand and they flew up higher. Just as they passed the gloomy stratus clouds there was Mr. Sun. They gently landed on a cumulonimbus. 
 
"Oppa..this is breath taking!" Rini gasped at the amazing sight. Kris grinned, knowing he accomplished his mission. 
 
"I like to come up here when the weather is bad. It reminds me that the sun will always come through to make everything better. So don't let one day bring you down because of the rain. Everything gets better from there." Kris nodded. 
 
Rini smiled. "Yeah. Thanks oppa for bringing me up here." 
 
"Of course. If you ever need to escape the rain just let me know. I will always be happy to join you."
 
Rini smiled turned brighter and hugged his arm. "You're the best!!" 
 
Present
 
"You always give me encouragement and always tell me to look on the brighter side." Rini smiled and titled her head to Kris. She has been rambling on for at least ten minutes. 
 
She pulled out the necklace from under her shirt and showed it to him. "See how it's shining brightly? It shows that I found you. I'm glad I found you, oppa." 
 
Kris smiled. "I'm glad you found me too, Nini." Rini eyes widen and immediately wrapped her arms around him. *He's back!!*
 
 
 
"YAH! NINI!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?" Sehun exclaimed as she came through the front door. 
 
Rini smiled innocently. Her clothes were drenched, hair was frizzy, and the bag of ice cream; well let's just say it was soup. 
 
"Rini what happened to you??" Luhan asked worriedly. 
 
"We were about to search for you." D.O. frowned. 
 
"I'm starving!!" Chanyeol sighed and rubbed his abdomen.  
 
"Well I got the food, but I bumped into oppa and got distracted by time..achoo!" Rini sneezed. 
 
Chanyeol brought a towel and wrapped it around her. He glanced behind her and was surprised. "Hyung.."
 
Sehun opened the door wider and revealed Kris. 
 
"HYUNG/DUIZHANG!!!!" "YOU'RE ALIVE!!!" "I MISS YOUU!!" The four brother embrace in their little reunion. 
 
"Haha guys I'm fine and I miss you too." Kris huffed as he tried to squeeze out of their tight grip. 
 
"Oh! Omo Nini what about the ice cream??" Sehun asked. 
 
Rini bit her lip and lifted up the bag,  "Its soup now..."