Chapter 1

Welcome to My World

*Note: The story will change from present to past.

The sun slowly rose from the east, letting us know that it is morning. Rini sighed as she watched the sun rise higher and higher. Admiring the view of Seoul from her apartment complex, Rini reached into her pocket and pulled out a long silver necklace. At the end of the necklace dangles a triangle with a dot in middle and a spiral surrounding the dot. She stood up and gripped the necklace tighter. Slowly, Rini looked up to the skies. It was a clear blue day. A smile appeared. 

*Appa, I know you're still out there. Don't worry I am going to find them and we'll come back to you soon.* she thought. 

Past

Planet Aros: a calm, loving, spectacular planet far out in the galaxy. Go past the Milky Way, make a right at the meteors, sharp left, and you will see it floating in peace. Now planet Aros is just like any other planet with civilization on it. Ruled by a king, planet Aros stays in harmony with all their allies and fights off evil. 

“Rini!” Father calls out for the 60th time. Rini looked up from her journal as he consistently calls her name. Closing the maroon hardcover book, she tucked it under a big, yellow, fluffy pillow and made her way to the sound of Father’s voice. 

“Rini!” he called out again.

“Yes appa?” Rini asked as she popped up right next to him out of thin air.

“Aigoo~ Rini-ah, don’t scare me like that!” clutching onto his chest, Father sighed.

Rini giggled, “Silly appa! You know my current power is teleportation. Anyway, anything wrong?”

“Oh right! I need you to-”

The ground started to rumble, and then it stopped. Rini cautiously looked around then back at Father. “Appa, what was that?”

“They’re here..” he murmured.

“Who is here?”

“Rini-ah. Listen and follow my directions. I need you to go to EXO planet and stay there until I let you know it is safe for you to come back here.” Father grabbed Rini's shoulders and stared deeply into her eyes. She knew that look; the look of something is seriously going to happen and she-needs-to-get-out-before-she-dies.

“But Appa, I don’t understand. What’s going on?? You know I can help and fight.”

The ground started to rumble again, but with more force. Father caught his precious daughter, before she landed on the ground.

“Rini, listen to me and do it. We are under attack by our enemies. I know you want to stay and fight. But you are not strong enough. These enemies are worse than the ones we faced years ago. Please go while you have your teleportation powers.” Father begged.

Before opening , Rini nodded. She knew he was right and she needed to get to safety for his sake. Rini hugged him tightly as tears started to appear.

“Give this to your Ahjusshi when you get there. Stay with him and his sons.” He said and handed a cream envelope to his only daughter.

“Appa..I’m gonna miss you.”

“I’m gonna miss you too Rini-ah. You are a strong girl and your umma would be very proud of you. Now go before it’s too la-”

The walls of the castle, their home, came crumbling down. The two faced many nasty creatures with their leader/sworn enemy, Atticus. “Go.” Your enemy smirked. One of the creatures came straight towards Rini and her father. Father lifted up his staff and puts a barrier around his only family left.

 “Rini! Go, while I still have the barrier up!” He exclaimed.

“But appa, you’re gonna die!” Rini eyes widen at the many creatures from Nuvia. She knew their power and strength, she also knew her beloved father was not going to make it. 

“Don’t worry about me! I want you to live! I know you will save our planet. Just go!”

Creature after creature, the barrier started to crack and Father grew weaker. Rini's heart tore in two as she watched the event. She wanted to help her father, but she knew his decision was right.

“I love you, appa.” 

He turned his head back with tears running down his cheeks. “I love you too, Rini.”

The barrier broke. Rini vanished.