Twenty Seven

Aitakatta - I Don't Want to Meet You

Bam, bam, I shoot a few rounds at the helicopter that Oshima was climbing into. I have confidence that I won’t hit Mayu or Oshima, but the bullets probably can’t do anything to that hulk of metal. Truthfully, if the bullets would travel far enough with enough accuracy, I would just cut the rope. Chances are, Oshima will be a pretty good cushion.

A lot of noise is coming from down on the street and outside of the room. Guns were a bad idea, but I didn’t have any suppressors plus Oshima had knives in her pocket. People getting stabbed isn’t exactly the best memory for me.

By now, I think Mayu must be getting a bit aggravated by the amount of moments where she’s suddenly ‘kidnapped’ and transported. She accepts certain things quite easily, but overthinks other things.

It’ll be bad if someone unrelated comes in right now. The door isn’t there right now; I completely forgot about that when shooting, no wonder there was more commotion that expected.

“Maeda…To be expected…But Kashiwagi-san and Takahashi??”

The ace is here, that’s not all that abnormal. I thought that Kashiwagi would try to stay away from bad things, recently, it’s second hand information from Maeda, I heard that there was a depression. Takahashi collapsed. She doesn’t exactly look all that great.

“……”

“Acchan, you know her?”

“Nezu-san?”

Silence from Maeda. A question from the midget, and another one from the Yukirin that Mayu likes. I tuck the guns away and give a sharp look towards all of them. Truthfully, I would want to shoo them away, but I need to stay in Nagoya for the time being, meaning I’ll be bombarded with questions at an even worse time.

“To answer the midget, yes I know Maeda. And Kashiwagi-san, your question was kind of vague, but yes, I’m Nezu, the kiddo’s sister, anything you want to refer to me as.”

“So what happened here now?” Maeda asks.

“The squirrel, the so called sadist, and the kidnapping of a negative, for the time being, little sister.”


Yuki PoV

 

This is getting really confusing. I heard gunshots, so I came over to investigate, seeing as that Acchan and Takamina were heading towards the noise as well. Truthfully, it’s not all that surprising, somehow, it isn’t even though I don’t get it. Acchan seems to know what’s going on. This leaves me and Takamina as the clueless people.

A squirrel might be referring to Yuko, sadist might be referring to Mariko-sama, but that’s kind of just random. The little sister part was a bit too long, but it probably is referring to Mayuyu.

“Well, it is true that both of our groups have connections with that Aku bastard or whatever his name is…”

I still have no idea what’s going on, plus it’s interesting seeing the ace using harsher language than usual. There’s this serious feel around those two, even though it looks somewhat comical. Takamina gives me a look that makes it obvious that she has no idea what’s going on.

“Does that mean that they broke the agreement, the 48 days?”

Still confused… This is probably why Mayuyu is so mysterious at times…

“Actually, I’m pretty sure Sado kind of broke it already. You can’t trust people like that bastard, he’s not a respectable yakuza.”

And now the topic turns to yakuza. I think I half gave up understanding what’s going on. Takamina has this weird thinking pose, but if one actually pays a bit of attention it’s clear that she’s not getting anywhere with figuring things out.

“…Well, she took off that tracker, the collar thing…”

“It’s ok, I put one into the hoodie.”

“You know… it’s due to the fact that you people are spoiling her during the wrong moments that she probably has a weird view on this side of things… First comes the MIB, Men in Black… And then weird people… And then let’s go to Nagoya for no reason… And now random things start randomly popping up… This is painful for me as well…”

As Nezu-san complains to Acchan, she starts to become hard to understand.

“Um… Sorry to interrupt you two, but-”

“Yeah?”

She interrupts me abruptly. Acchan looks away and goes to Takamina as to get away for a reason that I’m not exactly sure about. Could it be that I’m emitting a black aura? I doubt it.

-

Atsuko PoV

 

“…Acchan… What’s going on?”

Takamina whispers her question into my ear. I never told her anything about this side of business that I dealt in, so it’s only natural. Nezu’s little sister has this interesting relation with Yuki, so I’m just leaving the explanation on that side to that hot-blooded girl. Calling her a kid would technically be weird as she’s not all that younger than me, even though I have the urge to do so.

“Hrm, some problems involving Nezumi, I think you know her from what Yuko did.”

Explaining the whole thing is kind of not a good thing seeing as that I don’t want her to exactly get involved. If I don’t explain anything though, she’ll start investigating. Investigation would probably be a bad thing.

“…So Yuko’s involved in something bad?”


Takamina PoV

 

That squirrel is involved in something bad. Seriously, she’s an idiot, I’m kind of worried right now. Even though I know that she can obviously take care of herself, she’s an important person to me and probably everyone else in the AKB family.

Of course, I’m also worried about Acchan, but she seems less worried than when I was working really hard. Luckily I didn’t have to stay in bed that long. The girl talking to Yuki that looks somewhat familiar, but I don’t know her. Yuki called her Nezu-san, so I’ll just have to assume that her name is Nezu.

“Yakuza stuff, but truthfully, if you were to side her, she would be on the more respectable and considerably good side.”

As expected, Yuko has always been quite interesting. It seems like that she’s the bad guy, but it turns out that she’s technically a good person; there are lots of sides to that squirrel.

“Um… What’s going on here? What’s with the holes in the wall….?”

Our my-pace girl with somewhat large ears suddenly comes walking in. Acchan is smiling for some reason. Yuki and I have the same type of shocked reaction, but if I say so myself, I think mine is less fail. Nezu is giving an extremely pissed off look that probably has a reason behind it, but I can’t read minds.


Nezu PoV

 

She came back!!! Am I going to have to explain it again? This is extremely painful for people like me. Plus Oshima and Kojima’s relationship equals more trouble.

“Um… Was there some kind of gang, mafia, yakuza gunfight in this room or something?”

That’s close to what happened, but there were three people in the room and one of them was useless. I nod and she pouts.

“Hey, um, twintail girl, is Yuuchan ok?”

“Yeah, she’s somewhere in a random copter and my name is Nezu.”

I’m amazed at how it somehow doesn’t seem all that rude when it’s her. Maybe it’s the unique aura that each AKB member gives off that makes me have headaches because of them sometimes.

“Well, just saying, I’m not going to stay around… So I’ll be going now.”

Did you think that I would stand around wasting more time with meaningless dialogue? If I did, who knows where that kid would be by now? I give a look towards Maeda seeing as that I have no idea how to track down Mayu if I don’t have anything about the tracker bug.

“Ok, then let’s go.”

“Um, I want to help as well!”

“If Atsuko’s going I will too.”

“Me too! I’m worried about Yuuchan…”

I face palm myself. Why didn’t I expect this? Somehow, this seems kind of cliché and like some kind of lame adventure story, but it just happens. And just as I was about to get going, Maeda suddenly says…

“Actually, I left everything in our room, including the tracking part, so I need to get it.”

In my mind, volcanoes are erupting. Blizzards and avalanches are going non-stop. There are large cracks in the earth. Tsunami are destroying everything. It’s not like I can do anything, even though this is killing me. All I can do is let her get prepared, I can actually get some extra junk that I might need anyways.

“Just go ahead and get your stuff already!!!!!!!! Meet up at the back entrance in 15 minutes or I’ll leave you behind.”


Now that I think about it, I don’t know why I said I wanted to go along…

Ah, Nezu is angry now~

I hope Yuuchan is ok, but truthfully I don’t know what’s going on here.

The bad thing is, I don’t know what I can do to help in this situation…