Thirteen

Aitakatta - I Don't Want to Meet You

 

Mayu POV

 

48 days was basically a lie. I mean, there are quite a few days left, but they probably aren’t going to let me go anywhere just because it’s freaking Sakae, Nagoya. It’s not like I would even bother running. Though I do love being alone and away from those messed up and distorted things called human beings, I hate being stuck in a cramped car, being watched over by some tomboyish yakuza girl that was left as my ‘owner’ just because the bosses were not in the mood.

I wonder why in the world I am even complaining right now. Dying, that’s scary, but as long as it’s fast and painless, I’m completely fine with it. That would actually be better than spending my life being someone’s slave. It’s better than having to live through things like betrayal. For weak people like me, it kills a part of me every time that type of thing happens.

Life is a piece of plastic. I’ve heard someone say that before. How stupid, but true. The world is all fake. Blackness, corruption, that’s what’s usually hidden under their nice façade. Meet one nice person, meet a hundred corrupt. Move one step forward and move back one thousand.

My head hurts. Stress is getting to me. I hate things like this, pain, I hate life sometimes. Humans and everything else, I hate them. It’s painful. Acting normal around people is a pain isn’t it? Of course, in the end, I am unable to be that rude. Somehow, that naïve kid part of me is still there.

Fear becomes pain quite easily doesn’t it?

Annoyance becomes pain as well?

I don’t like painful things. As a person that doesn’t mind dying, I just hate the pain. I’ve decided.

My mind is a mess isn’t it?

That’s because I want to enjoy my life. Being an idiot that doesn’t care about what people think and do would be so great. It would be even better if I was a cyborg without feelings, or actually even better, if I didn’t exist.

Like that could work. Every single time, humans will always want what they can’t have or don’t have. When they get it, they lose interest very quickly, even though they would hurt others just for something stupid.

Quickly, I start to go mad and rant if I’m bored. It’s like a defect. No, it’s just how some people in the family are. Egoistic, bad at dealing with bad things, fast paced, I don’t really know anymore. I want to just shut down and stop everything. The gears in the world should stop moving for a few seconds.




 

Yuki POV

 

The sound of my cellphone keeps on ringing. I don’t really want to pick up the call, but if I hang up, the people on the other side of the call will be aware that I hung up. I need to keep an image if I want to be an idol.

Slowly, I turn over across the hotel room’s bed and look at the screen of the phone. A few seconds pass and my brain has yet to boot up. Yet another few seconds pass and the phone is still ringing. It makes me wonder why whoever is calling can’t just send me a text. Right, that’s because I don’t actually ever respond.

Matsui Rena    xxx-xxx-xxxx

I see the name of my friend in AKB’s sister group of SKE, Matsui Rena. Maybe I shouldn’t be so slow, but I don’t really care. Black aura is probably seeping out right now. Due to the fact that I haven’t been all that active recently, I feel kind of tired with all that work.

“……..Rena?”

“Yuki! You finally picked up!”

“…..uh-huh……..”

“…..About Yuko-san…..”

“Eh? Yuko?”

“…..I had that type of reaction too….. It seems that she’s here too to be with Haruna-san.”

“……I can see that……”

“Kashiwagi-san!! So, sorry, but our dates might take a bit longer…” The young Matsui suddenly interrupts. I find her cute, like a little sister or pet. This shows that I might be a lolicon though.

“Sorry, Yuki…. Can you tell Akimoto-san about this?”

“Sayaka?”

“Yeah”

Sayaka, the girl that was known as gorilla during her idol days was now in the position of Akimoto Yasushi. Aki-P had to move on due to health issues. Since Sayaka had graduated and was considered a good manager, it somehow happened. I don’t really know the background information. We weren’t that close anyways.

I pulled myself out of bed and went ahead to see Sayaka.




 

Third Person – Date – A few minutes ago

 

“…..Wah….. Rena-chan…………..” The younger one of the W Matsui pair clung onto the elder’s arm.

They had just exited the haunted house, but the puppy was still shivering. The older sighed with a slight smile and patted the younger’s head. Just because of a haunted house, she was already scared. Rena knew that Jurina wasn’t exactly that great with amusement parks. Usually, when the whole group came, Jurina would offer to hold their bags despite being one of the most active and childish in the group.

After a few minutes, Jurina finally stopped shivering. She hugged Rena with her signature puppy smile and stayed like that for a minute or so. Then she decided, “Let’s not go on the roller coaster……..”

Rena was expecting it. People don’t change so easily. It really counts when they were forcing themselves to change. She hugged the puppy for a slight moment and Jurina responded with a smile.

From somewhat far off, a squirrel and a cat were strolling around. The squirrel, Oshima Yuko, spotted the W-Matsui a few meters away and decided to interrupt their lovey-dovey moments. Despite this being a date, she decided to yell out to the pair.

“Oi!! W-Matsui!!”

Somehow, Haruna had gotten the message that her ‘Yuuchan’ had something in mind and was not going to just ruin their date. Yuko did have something in mind. Even if she looks like she doesn’t she almost always does. Looking at her background it shouldn’t be too surprising.

The two girls from Nagoya saw the squirrel waving to them with Haruna at the side and made a bit of distance in between each other. It’s not all that complex, but the pairs quickly shortened the distance between them and got to the point where they could talk face to face without yelling.

“Yo!” Yuko greeted them with a smile.

“Yo!” Jurina did the same. The two were somehow, to put it simply, kind of close and distant at the same time.

“Yuko-san, I didn’t know that you were here.” Rena had a surprised look, but she wasn’t all that surprised.

“Yuuchan said that she needs skinship…. Well, she’s my erted squirrel after all.” Haruna’s explanation made Rena smile slightly from the fact that the airheaded cat girl was being so possessive and the fact that her guess was right.

Since Yuki, the one in AKB, was not here at the moment. The elder Matsui decided to call her to inform her and ask Yuki to tell Akimoto Sayaka. After asking Yuko, just in case she wanted a surprise, she called Yuki, resulting in the small conversation that happened.



 

A/N: Due to the fact that I never write a chapter in one go, things tend to be a whole mess. I just want to end this series soon, but I feel like that would be too rushed. And when I say end, I didn't mean literally. I meant get over with the Aitakata arc. Since even though I'm  just telling everyone now, I actually have a whole series in mind that at least has 3 parts. I am starting out on Shonichi which will do the set-up to make Aitakata make more sense and I have Dakedo worked out as a SKE, school life type. I didn't pay attention at all to who performed the songs, so I'm sorry for that. I hope I can at least manage to start Dakedo soon. I plan to have Kuminon, but if it's in 2014, I wouldn't be able to write that anymore. As the generations pass, I feel my heart slowly crumbling away.