One

Aitakatta - I Don't Want to Meet You

A short girl walked around the streets of Tokyo without a destination. She wore a grey parka with the hood over her head and a white shirt and short jeans underneath including plain sneakers into the mix. Though the hood was over her head, bits of her black hair could be seen sticking out. Her eyes were mostly covered too, but if one could see, they would be a dead color.

 

She was just walking aimlessly through the large crowds of people. In her eyes though, she was just going through a large rush of animals, things that are considered high intelligence, but don’t know at all.

On the side of the street, there were the obvious yellow tapes by police surrounding a seemingly secluded old apartment building. There was a slightly repulsive smell coming from that place, but it wasn’t that clear. What it was is a mystery left only to her.

The girl stopped to look at the scene. She turned away and silently whispered to herself.

This is what you get for betraying people. I get hurt and you two end up killing yourself. She also ran away.

She walked away and went on with her slowly depleting life.

 



 

Watching that crowd of humans was a short girl with her long hair tied up in a ponytail. Her name was Takahashi Minami; she was an almost completely normal Japanese person except for the fact that she is talented. This girl is in AKB48, she’s basically the General Manager, the big papa.

Unlike her normal happy personality, today she was feeling somewhat depressed. Even though the concert ended successfully, it didn’t seem to feel right. There was something that was bugging her. Even though it was bugging her, Takamina couldn’t put a finger on it.

“Haah~”

Letting out a sigh, she continued to stare at the stream of people. Most of those people came to the concert and it seemed that they enjoyed it. Somehow, it seemed as if the audience had some kind of dead feeling in one spot though.

Noticing Takamina’s sigh, a slightly taller girl with long black hair pounced on her from behind. She was Minegeshi Minami. Those two were quite close in AKB48. They were in the same No3b sub-unit.

“….Takamina~ What’s wrong?”

“….Hmm….. Mii-chan…..didn’t the concert seem a bit dead today?”

“…..I guess so…..it felt a bit dull….”

Getting caught up in her thoughts, Takamina once again deeply sighed. Minegeshi, being the friend she is smiled and patted Takamina’s head as if making fun of her height. While doing so, she dragged Takahashi into the building and the two disappeared from the sight of those wandering Akiba.

 



 

The lights of this busy entertainment district flickered on as night fell. The girl stared into the sky with empty eyes. In her mind, she thought to herself, do people really go up to the sky and become stars, or do they just die like the stars are in this world now?

Even though the lights were glowing and lighting the darkness, to the girl, it seemed as if everything was pitch black. It wasn’t as if she was some type of anime character that could see death lines, but rather, it was the fact that she could tell the difference between yakuza and normal suspicious people in black tuxes.

She continued to walk with those people following behind her. Not making any disturbances, she moved forward. Taking one step after another, she emotionlessly walked. It was somewhat obvious what they were here for anyways.

It wasn’t as if the masses of people would be everywhere. Eventually reaching a desolate park, the hooded girl stopped in her tracks.

Turning around, she found the obvious sight of numerous yakuza. Staring at them emotionlessly as always, she stayed silent. One of them stepped forward and started to talk.

“Boss said that he’ll give you 48 days to live the last of your life or pay back that large debt, but if you try to run away, you know what will happen.”

The girl was still silent. As the seconds, minutes, hours, seemingly passed, she finally opened to speak. The men were shocked to hear her, the seemingly silent girl.

“….I already know that….I’m his property for now…..Idiots like you can shut your trap……”

With a clear voice, she replied harshly. Even so, no emotions could be seen on the girls face. There might have been quite a lot of turmoil going on the inside, but nothing could be seen.

Of course, yakuza don’t really take those types of things lightly. Sadly or not, they were not allowed to kill the merchandise. Even if they couldn’t sell people or something like that, selling organs is also an ok way to get money. Either way, it isn’t good to kill the merchandise.

At least that was how the girl thought.

And thus, day one, basically ended.