Sixteen

Aitakatta - I Don't Want to Meet You

 

Black birds, ravens, crows, they are a sign of bad luck, but does that also apply to ones that have more than just black? Or is it actually something even worse? Sometimes, that type of matter will be the cause of life and death, but then again, death isn’t so simple as to be caused by birds.




 

Jurina POV

Those birds are acting quite strange, as if waiting for some kind of signal; they are just flying around in circles around this Ferris wheel. I feel a bit scared by them due to the size of these eagle-like birds. In Nagoya I don’t think eagles naturally live. Even if they do, these don’t really look like something we would find here.

Rena taps my shoulder lightly. I look towards her and she tilts her head in question. I answer, “Those birds, they kind of seem like they’re waiting for something…..”

She looks at me and then the birds that I had taken my eyes off. Her dark eyes narrow, creating an uneven effect and a worried frown appears on her face. This time, it’s my turn to ask what was wrong.

“…Aren’t they looking this way?”

“Eh?”




 

Takamina POV

“…They need to be here in 30 minutes or so… I hope there isn’t anything bad that happens…”

I stare at the clock. Due to the fact that Yuko was with them, I am actually a bit worried. That squirrel that’s only about 3 cm taller than me some times causes trouble. I’m never really told what exactly happened due to the fact that it wasn’t big, but since there’s going to be a live show for some random reason, it would be bad if they were late.

Me and Yuki, the somewhat black marimokkori, were sitting in the lobby waiting. She had informed me of what she said she told Sayaka. My role is the General Manager at some times of course. It’s just too bad that Sayaka decided to graduate and take up Aki-P’s role. Right after Sayaka, Sae-chan graduated, but of course, most of the members don’t know about her at all.

Back in the day, they were the twin towers. Even now, the generations are changing quite quickly. Already, it seems like Yuki, Rena, and Jurina are becoming the older members while the new girls are emerging. Of course, in a way, Acchan is a large barrier to overcome, but they just need to keep fighting.

Acchan said that she’ll be coming back to Japan in a week at most. I can’t wait, but first we need to get this trip in Nagoya over with. Let’s just hope I don’t make Yuki mad. She has this dark aura right now, probably due to lack of rest or just being plain annoyed at some random topic. We aren’t really close after all.

Do my best! I’m not going to stupidly fail now!

Sighing is bad for me, so I don’t really want to do it too much, but in there’s been a strange pressure in the air everywhere ever since a week ago or so. Sighs




 

Third Person – Ferris Wheel

Staring into the carriage in which the two Matsui sat in, the birds continued to fly. As if given a signal, they suddenly charged. No, it wasn’t really so sudden and planned out, it seemed more like the birds had some kind of nerve system malfunction as only one had actually charged towards the carriage. The others dived and flew, killing themselves with impact.

From one viewpoint, it could be seen as a pretty cool stunt. But it was actually real, a bird smashing into the ground, turning into a pulp of mush and who knows what.

That one bird that went the way of the carriage, well any honest person would state that it went splat into the somewhat reinforced glass of the carriage. It was only somewhat reinforced glass, so the bird created quite an impact, making numerous cracks in the glass. Then the bird fell apart, blood dripping out and what other things that some people would not want anyone to describe.

Due to the pure shock from the fact that the birds did such a thing, Jurina stumbled back a bit. She still was a kid.

Who would have thought that the Ferris Wheel would have a slight malfunction at the moment. Planned, that’s a possibility, but it may not have been planned. Either way, that caused the girl to hit against the door. The door, it was loose, the hinges creaked for a bit.

Then something clicked. It was lucky that their ride was close to over at the moment, but even so the carriage was still at least 5 meters off the ground. That was the main reason that the bird went splat instead of into the other carriages after all. But, the door came off. Seeing as Jurina had been pushed against the door by the impact and shock, well, the result is clear.

“Jurina!”

Then again, no matter what world it is, there will always be that chance of being saved despite the slim chances. The skinny girl grabbed hold of her puppy’s hand as the puppy fell out. Well, at that moment, the carriages all jerked.




 

Oshima Yuki POV

I wonder why Sado even sent us trained birds. They ended up being wasted due to something that we put into them which caused a loss of control. It was a bit sad that all of them went splat and died such a gruesome death after all. You would think that yakuza are more into brute force and weapons. Well, then again, it works a bit differently, but close to that after all.

Handle, handle, handle, yeah I’m supposed to pull it down. I wonder how she managed to get into some kind of control room. That’s not my job anymore. Yuka is looking at the carcasses of the birds from the place that we are at. It’s not the best image to see, but I can’t be restricting Yuka. I’m not qualified really.

Yuko and Sado seem to be able to communicate with her better than I can. Sadly, I feel like it’s a bit of a problem. Since in a way, Yuko is a ert that can act serious only at some times, but it’s hard to tell the switch. Sado is a sadist and a troll, so that’s a bad thing. Even if we weren’t yakuza, they wouldn’t be the best influence. Well, Yuko isn’t that bad of a person. She’s my sister after all.

There’s a large creaking sound and a bunch of clicks. The wheel once again starts to move. Her eyes widen in shock.

“Baka Yuki! I guess I don’t like this type of thing in the end! I hate when people die!”

“But…”

Without letting me explain, she raised her hand and slapped me, leaving a red mark on my cheek. To tell the truth, this was the first time I’d ever been slapped and I’m not joking just to say something like [I’ve never even been hit by my mother before!]. Then, she ran off.

Yuka didn’t even let me explain, that kid probably isn’t going to die. I just wonder why she doesn’t care when people are critically injured or hurt, but basically breaks down when someone seemingly dies or is about to.

At times like this, I don’t know if I’m supposed to follow or not. Sometimes, a person just has to be left alone to deal with things.

Then a jolt of realization hits me. I had overheard Sado talking about something about dismantling and breaking things. There was also a little bit about how this area around the Ferris Wheel was dangerous. Of course they had no idea how to work with mechanics; of course they just had to do something so complex instead of just shooting the kid.

I just need to go after her now. Other things can wait until later, but I’m going to separate Yuka from this business completely after all of this.




 

Jurina POV

“Rena-chan, you can let go…”

I attempt to show a brave puppy like smile as I always do, but I fail. Of course, the Ferris Wheel started moving again, but it’s moving way slower and it’s going up. I freeze up as I sometimes feel uncomfortable going up like this. That was why I am somewhat uncomfortable with roller coasters.

She looks at me unwillingly, but I can tell that it’s going to be bad if she keeps on trying. There are already beads of sweat on her forehead and there really is no handle anywhere for her to hold onto. I don’t want Rena to get hurt as well.

“I won’t…”

“Sorry…” I apologize with a smile as I peel away Rena’s fingers with my shaking hand.

This isn’t the time to act cool. I knew something like this was going to happen. Let’s just hope I don’t hit my head too hard. I still haven’t lived enough of my life yet, infinite possibilities before the end, right-?





 

A new character will appear in the next chapter, or is she new? Rena might really go Gekikara now that something happened. The Oshima Sisters, will they confront Yuko? I don't know due to the fact that I don't even have the slightest outline of the story yet!