Fifteen

Aitakatta - I Don't Want to Meet You

 

“……Commencing operation……”

“…Do we have permission to start…?”



 

The slightest of creaking sounds could be heard coming off from the joints of machinery. A few clanks went around, but once again the smooth operations started.

Not so far away, a cage was located. A large black cloth was covering it, the contents were hidden.



 

Jurina POV

I stepped into a carriage after the tall brunette girl and her short squirrel got into theirs. Ferris Wheels were supposed to be romantic rides, so of course they would enter together. Nervously, I took the hand of the tall, pale girl with long black hair and we went into our carriage carefully. I noticed that we were both blushing quite hard.

Rena and I were called WMatsui, but in truth, we haven’t actually gotten together yet. It was a pairing that Aki-P made when he saw our ‘closeness’. Sayaka said that we were close as well, so people get the idea that we are a pair.

Slowly, the wheel started to move. The slight creaking sound that we were not exactly quite used to caused us to jump in our seats.  Seeing how shocked the other was at the tiny disturbance, both of us chuckled at the same time. Our eyes met, but somehow, I felt really nervous. Normally, I’m not so shy, but around Rena, it’s a special feeling.

I fidget a bit in the seat. Somehow, it’s becoming somewhat awkward. The ride hasn’t been going for that long and the reason that couples in those manga and anime can enjoy it is because it’s really that slow. Silence filled the air. The atmosphere felt heavy, even to the point that it felt suffocating.

-

Yuko POV

I take a second to glance back at the carriage that Jurina and Rena were riding in. They seemed to be having a bit of an awkward moment, but those moments are also something you will treasure forever. Awkward moments like that usually mean some progress in the relationship.

Well, I hope I don’t kill anything. Things have already been decided, apologizing won’t help anymore.

“Yuuchan?”

“Ah… Gomen, I was just a bit curious about how they were doing……” My voice faltered as I answered the cat-like girl whom I truly loved. I truly and fully, embrace and cherish her, but I guess I’m feeling really guilty now.



 

Oshima Yuki POV

“….Yuki……is this really ok?”

Her eyes were sad. For once since that time our parents died, she looked sad. We’ve been involved in this business for a long time. Sado was our boss and we had to listen no matter what. Though Yuko would often twist it so that we wouldn’t have to feel bad, this time, it was a bit impossible. Even the method was clearly etched into stone. It was a bit overdoing it, but I just can’t stand it when Yuka is so sad looking.

It’s been painful for me to see how Yuka behaves sometimes. I wish that we were back in those days when we could really smile happily. Of course, it’s not as if I hate Sado or anything. I just don’t really like how people are nowadays.

What’s done is done. I lift up the cover covering the cage and unlock the lock. Work is work, there’s nothing else to it.

“Sorry, Yuka... But this is just how it works… I’ll somehow fix it…”



 

Ferris Wheel - Third Person

A few large birds were flying around the sky. They seemed like eagles or some kind of hawk. Their magnificent black, white, and brown colors and sharp looks mesmerized the people in the park. When Jurina noticed them, her eyes widened and stared at them intently. Seeing the puppy act so childish, Rena slightly smiled as she watched the birds with Jurina.

Until now, the ride had been very awkward. Neither of them was capable of starting a conversation. They had felt way too nervous. But now, it seemed that the birds had given them some time to enjoy it and relax.

The Kojiyuu couple was also observing the birds. On the face of the airheaded, but beautiful cat-like girl was an frown and a look that said that she was interested in the birds. The problem was that her beloved squirrel, Oshima Yuko had not been paying attention to her at all. Yuko had even been looking a bit worried and possibly sad.

It was worrying. That type of reaction from the squirrel when on a date with her was a bit like saying that Haruna was not as important as what was in her head at the moment. It was true, but it wasn’t as if Haruna was aware that Yuko was affiliated with the yakuza and that type of business.

For the whole ride, Yuko did not attempt to go for any skin ship. Everything felt broken for some reason. It was because things were about to break.

I need to stop apologizing… So, don’t die you idiot…



 

To tell the truth, I am writing quite a lot on the minor characters, but I can't just stick with the Mayuki all the time.... 

Some clues on the next few chapters:

It's coming though.... and Yuki/ Yuka/ Yuko (Oshima) will have a dramatic moment? Jurina-chan! Don't die on me! Who's the sister? Freaking annoying! Back from America? Shut up you chibi! Why the heck? Gekikara unleashed!

Lol, but half of it might not happen~~




I just can't hurt these girls....... Sorry, but I don't know how good the next chapter will be... .for now the updates will be a bit shorter....