Chap19

June 28 Sequel: Daehyun or Jongup?

 

“I have to go.” You said and went to the Fountain Area.

You can see his back figure from afar; you walked closer, as soon as he felt someone’s presence, he turned around.

“J-jaekyung-ah, you came.” He beamed in happiness.

“I knew you’d choose me.” He hugged you.

“Jongup-ah...I’m sorry.” You said.

“What are you sorry for?” he asked.

=.=.=.=

Daehyun was still in the garden; it has been 15 minutes since 10.

“Who am I kidding? Of course she’d choose Jongup. Daehyun babo.” He told himself with tears streaming down his cheeks.

Someone suddenly held his cheeks and wiped his tears away. Daehyun looked up.

“Oh, Jaekyung-ah...” you gave him a smile.

“What brings you here? If you’re here to apologise, you shouldn’t have bothered to look for me. I’m fine. You should go back; Jongup must be waiting for you.” He said. You hit him hard.

“Ouch! What was that for?”

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN! Why are you like this? Nappeun namja! You told me to meet you here and now you’re telling me to go back to Jongup?! I hate you!” you pouted and pretended to be mad.

“What do you mean? Didn’t you already go to the fountain area and choose Jongup? Aren’t you here to apologise for somewhat ‘hurting’ me?” he asked. You hit his head, HARD.

“Ouch! Stop hitting me! It hurts!”

“Jung Daehyun babo.” You murmured. He then realized what’s happening.

“Y-you’re c-choosing m-me?” he stuttered.

“Mwo? Ani... I’m here to apologise but I guess I don’t have to. I’ll go back to Jongup then.” You sarcastically said. He grabbed your arm and hugged you tight.

“Tell me this is not a dream. You don’t know how happy I am right now. I love you so much.” He cried.

“Did I say I chose you?” you were still pretending to be mad.

“O-oh... I thought...you chose me...sorry.” he released the hug. You hit him hard, AGAIN.

“OUCH!” he winced.

“Why are you so gullible? Jeongmal baboya!” you said. He chuckled.

“Of course I’m not that stupid! I just rode along your act, babo.” He pinched your nose which made you blush.

The two of you stared into each other’s eyes. He cupped your face and his face was nearing yours until your lips touched. His arms circled around your waist and yours around his neck. The two of you kissed passionately under the moonlight.

=.=.=.=.=

You and Daehyun went back inside the hotel, hand in hand. There were few people left since the party was already over.

“OH. MY. GOSH~ look at what we have here.” Youngjae said out loud upon seeing you two.

“Did something happen that we don’t know?” Yongguk teasingly asked.

The whole family circled the two of you. You stared at each other and blushed.

“I-I chose Daehyun.” You announced.

The whole family cheered, especially the parents.

“Hold on, where’s Jongup-hyung?” Zelo asked. You worriedly looked around.

“Miss me already?” a voice said and an arm slung on your shoulder. It was Jongup.

“You’re eyes...are swollen.” You said.

“Of course they are! Won’t cry when you lose the person you love the most?” he said. You meekly smiled.

“Hey, buddy. Chukhahae. I’m happy for you. The most important person in my life is now in your hands. You have to take very good care of her, huh?” He patted Daehyun.

“I promise I will.” Daehyun said.

“Hey, babe. Tell me if he makes you cry.” He kissed your cheek which made your eyes widen.

“Y-yah!” Daehyun shouted. Jongup ran away as Daehyun chased him around.

“Aigo~ these kids look so adorable.” Mrs Choi cooed.

“Kids, stop running around.” Mrs Kim said and the 2 went back, laughing and panting.

“I guess we’ll soon have a wedding to organize.” Mr Kim said and everyone cheered. Talking about wedding made the 2 of you blush.

“We’re not talking about it yet.” Daehyun blushed.

“You better prepare for it or else I’m going to propose to her.” Jongup teased and everyone laughed.

“Hey~ it’s my birthday! Why are we talking about them all the time?” Zelo pouted.

“Aw, our baby wants some attention.” You pinched your brother’s cheeks.

“I’m not a baby!” he retorted.

“Well, you’re acting like one.” Himchan said.

“Oh, by the way...can I stay for the night? I’m pretty sure Youngjae needs a roommate.” Yongguk teased.

“What do you mean? Youngjae and I are roommates.” Daehyun said.

“Man, you’re so dense. He means that he’ll be my roommate and will sleep on your bed.” Youngjae said.

“Where am I supposed to sleep then?” Daehyun asked. Jongup hit his head.

“Yah! Hajima! It hurts. Jaekyung had already hit me for the nth time.” Daehyun said.

“They mean that Yongguk will use your space since now that the two of you are official, you’ll sleep together in her room.” Jongup winked.

“M-mwo? S-sleep t-together? J-just the t-two of u-us?” Daehyun stuttered.

“Wae? You don’t want to? I’ll be in your place then.” Jongup teased.

“A-ani. Of course...I want to...”

“It’s settled then.” Mrs Kim clasped her hands together. “Youngjae and Yongguk will be temporarily roommates. From now on, Jaekyung and Daehyun will share a room.” She excitedly said.

“But son, if you’re planning to do something, don’t be too loud.” Mr Kim teased and Himchan covered Zelo’s ears.  “We still have a minor here.” He added.

“Appa!!!” you whined and blushed, so as Daehyun.

“Mwo? Just in case...” he winked.

“Wait a minute. I’ll be forever alone once Yongguk-hyung has left?” Youngjae asked.

“Ani. Zelo will share a room with you from that day.” Mrs Choi said.

“Eh? How about you, Eomma?” Zelo asked.

“I’ll be fine. I can sleep by myself. You’re old enough to sleep without Eomma.” She said.

“It’s getting late. C’mon, let’s go home.” Mr Kim said.

Everyone settled in their respective rooms as soon as they arrived home. Daehyun fixed up his things and transferred it to Jaekyung’s room.

“I’m gonna miss ya, roommate.” Youngjae pretended to be crying.

“Yeah, me too.” Daehyun said.

“Don’t forget me.” Youngjae dramatically said.

“I’m not leaving, babo.” Daehyun said.

“At least, now that you and Zelo will be roommates, you can easily tutor him.” Yongguk said, lying comfortably on Daehyun’s bed.

“Yeah, hyung’s right.” Daehyun agreed.

“I wonder how Jongup and Himchan are doing.” Yongguk said to himself.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Himchan asked.

“I just lost the person I’ve loved the most.” Jongup sighed.

“Are you...mad?”

“Of course not, just hurt. I actually didn’t hope that much, but I still had that feeling she’d choose me.”

“Don’t worry; you’ll get over that pain someday.” Himchan patted his back. “Why don’t you relieve that stress by dancing? I’ll go with you tomorrow to your Dance Studio.” Himchan offered.

“Seriously, hyung? I’ve never heard of you dancing.” Jongup teased.

“Yah, don’t talk to me like that. I know you’re a pro with dancing, but I can dance too!” Himchan said.

“Alright, alright. Let’s see what you got tomorrow.” Jongup said.