Chap11

June 28 Sequel: Daehyun or Jongup?

 

SEPT16-Breakfast @ Kim’s Residence

“Eomma, where’s Zelo?” you asked.

“He went to school early.” Mrs Choi said.

“Oh yeah, right.”

“By the way, have you read Jongup’s letter?” Himchan asked.

“Ne.” Youngjae and Daehyun said in chorus.

“But where will he stay?” Youngjae asked.

“We’re thinking of the dance studio. Himchan-oppa and I will look for him later.” You said.

=.=.=.=.=

“Hyung, is it right for me to get mad at Himchan?” Jongup asked.

“Well, we can’t prevent that since it really hurts to see the person you really love the most with your so-called friend. But at the same time, we can’t do anything about it, it’s not their fault they fell in love with each other. Maybe they’re meant for each other, maybe there’s someone else for you.” Yongguk said.

“But-“

“They’re not yet married so don’t freak out. If you and Jaekyung are meant to be, you’ll have her. But there are things we need to accept and understand, you can’t just let it ruin your friendship with Himchan...and Daehyun.” Yongguk cut him. “Don’t think of it all the time, find something which can distract you for a while, like dancing.” He added.

“Thanks, hyung. I’ll take a rest.” Jongup sighed and went to Yongguk’s spare room.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Yongguk stood up and opened the door. “J-jaekyung?! H-himchan?!”

“Oh, hey hyung. Are you alright? You look like you saw a ghost.” Himchan said.

“Oh. Yeah, I’m alright. What brings you here?” he asked.

“We’re looking for Jongup. Is he here? “ you asked.

“Ah no, he isn’t.” He lied. “He called me earlier and told me everything that had happened.” He added.

“Perhaps, did he say something to you? We went to the dance studio and he wasn’t there.”

“Oh, he didn’t mention anything. Maybe you should just let him be, let him think for a while. Don’t go look for him, he can handle himself anyway.” Yongguk said.

“Hey, hyung. Why aren’t you inviting us in?” Himchan pouted and was about to go inside when Yongguk stopped him.

“A-ah, I’m sorry if I can’t invite you in. I was about to leave when you came. I’m in a hurry right now. Mianhae.”

“Oh, is that so? It’s alright, we’ll come by some other time. We’re leaving.” Himchan said.

“Goodbye, oppa.”

“Annyeong~ josimhae!” Yongguk said and closed the door right away.

“Phew~ that was close.” He sighed. Jongup went out of his room.

“Hyung, who was that?” he asked.

“Oh, just someone from the neighbour asking for debt payment.” Yongguk lied.

“You have debts?!”

“Well, uh..yeah.” he scratched the back of his neck. “Go back to your room and have a rest.” He added.

“Uh, okay.” Jongup went back to his room.

*Sorry if I have to lie to all of you. Jongup needs some time to be alone. You can’t see each other right now. You have to wait for the right time.* Yongguk thought.

Several weeks have passed

“We still have no sign of Jongup. Daehyun is ignoring me. Youngjae’s always with Daehyun. Zelo goes to school.” You sighed.

“Your mom wants you to get married first before you find a job, right?” Himchan said.

“Yeah. Oh, Jongup resigned from his work ever since the accident.”

“What is he doing now?”

“He’s focusing with his dance studio. He said he’ll ask Zelo to join him after he graduates.”

“Sounds good to me.”

=.=.=.=

(A/N: I have no idea what people do in ‘Lock of Love’ but in this fic, I made it like this: When you write something and lock it there, you can unlock it once it comes true. Kekeke XD)

You were on the terrace of the house, remembering the memories that you missed. No one’s home; your parents were at work, Himchan and Youngjae went to buy some groceries, Daehyun went out for some walk, Zelo’s in school, and Jongup’s still gone. You got bored and decided to go somewhere.

You walked around Seoul, went to a mall and had some window-shopping, and bought an ice cream. While walking around, you passed by an arcade, you remembered the time when Daehyun won you a teddy bear. You decided to go to Namsan tower. You went to the ‘Lock of Love’ to write a wish and locked it.

I wish everything will be back to normal. I love you Moms, Dad, Zelo, Himchan, Jongup, Daehyun, Youngjae, and Yongguk

“What did you write?” a familiar voice asked.

“Oh!?! Dae-daehyun oppa....”

“You look like you saw a ghost.” He giggled.

“W-what are you doing here?” you asked.

“Nothing, I just miss staying here. It’s so refreshing. It’s a very good place to reminisce. You?”

“Same as yours.”

“So what did you write there?” he asked again.

“It’s a secret.” You meronged.

“Oh, okay. Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure it’ll come true just like mine.” He smiled.

“You wrote a new one too?” you asked.

“Uh...yeah.” he lied; he was talking about the one that the two of you wrote in the past.

“Mrs Jung, I mean, Jaekyung. Want to grab some ice cream?” Daehyun said.

“Mrs Jung? Hahahaha...no thanks, I just ate an ice cream earlier.”

“Oh, okay...let’s walk home together.”

“Sure.”

=.=.=.=.=

“Noona, where have you been?” Zelo asked as you and Daehyun entered the house.

“Namsan.”

“What did you do there?”

“Walk around.”

“Is that so? Jongup-hyung came by.”

“WHAT!?!?!?! Wait, where is he? Did he say something? Where does he stay?” you were shocked to hear this because it’s been a while ever since you heard a news from Jongup.

“I don’t know. He didn’t say anything; he was looking for you. He said he’ll just come back.” Zelo said. “I miss him so much but he left right away.” He pouted.