Chap16

June 28 Sequel: Daehyun or Jongup?

 

Jongup and Daehyun were left in the living room.

“Take care of her and don’t make her cry; be happy.” Daehyun started.

“What are you talking about?” Jongup asked in confusion.

“She obviously chose you; I’m a hundred percent sure.” Daehyun said.

“I don’t think so. Even though I would like to think that way, I have done a lot of mistakes. I’ve been a burden to her while you were always there for her.” Jongup sighed.

“If she ever chooses me, you won’t get mad at me like how you got mad at Himchan-hyung, right?” Daehyun worriedly asked.

Jongup laughed a little. “No, no. I won’t. It was a very childish attitude of mine, and I hated it. I was so selfish; I thought I was losing her, but I realized I lost myself. People can become stupid when it comes to love.”

“Yeah...At first, when I was starting to have feelings for her, I thought I just liked her because of Hyemin. I was so stupid to think that she was really Hyemin, but then I, too, realized that I love Jaekyung of who she is. But just like you, I’ve done mistakes too.”

“Like what? As far as I know, you haven’t done anything wrong.” Jongup asked.

“I know to myself that Jaekyung really belongs to you; I have no right to love her, that’s what I kept in my mind. Even though I love her so much, I feel so guilty thinking that I’m taking her away from you. I never considered my own feelings, but she does.”

“You’re right. You should fight for her if you really love her; don’t think of me. I’m your rival.”

“But I don’t want to ruin our friendship.” Daehyun said.

“We’re rivals when it comes to Jaekyung, but that doesn’t mean we have to end our friendship. Just give your best shot because I’m giving mine.” Jongup smirked.

“Bring it on.” Daehyun grinned.

“Hey, you two. Are you going to bed or not?” Himchan popped out from nowhere.

“HYUNG! You scared us!” Jongup and Daehyun were frightened.

“It’s late; go to sleep.” Himchan ordered and went back to his room.

“Ne.” The two went to their respective rooms.

=.=.=.=.=.=

Mr & Mrs Kim, Mrs Choi, alongside Youngguk, left early for their work. Zelo, too, left early for school. You were the last one to wake up; you lazily went downstairs and saw no one. You brought yourself to Himchan and Jongup’s room and knocked on the door. No response, so you entered the room and sat on the bed. You can hear someone from the shower.

“Himchan-oppa, where are the others?” You asked but there was no response. You stood up and knocked on the door nonstop.

“Hyung, what the hell is wro—” the door swung opens and revealed a half--fresh-from-shower Jongup. “Jaekyung-ah! What are you doing here?!” He was shocked to see you in their room and instantly grabbed a wife beater to put on.

“U-uh..I-I thought y-you’re Himchan.” You faced your back to him. “Mianhae.” You were about to leave the room.

“Jaekyung-ah.” He called.

“Ne?”

“Can we talk?” he asked.

“If it’s about the incident yesterday, I apologize. I know it’s wrong to lie to all of you. Please don’t be mad at me.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not.” He hugged you and patted your head.

“Thanks.” You smiled.

“Can you really not tell who you’ve chosen?” he asked. You shook your head. “Alright, I guess I have to wait for it.” He pouted. You chuckled and pinched his cheeks. “Can I ask permission from you?” he asked.

“Permission for what?” you asked back.

“Let me and Daehyun do our best to show how much we love you.”

“But that won’t change my decision.” You said.

“We don’t mind.” He said.

“O-okay, if that’s what you want.” You smiled. “Anyway, where are the others?” you asked.

“They went out to buy some groceries.”

“Oh...”

“Have you had your breakfast?” he asked.

“I haven’t.”

“What about a morning kiss?” he pecked your lips and ran away. You stood there with mouth gaped and eyes widened.

“Y-yah!” you chased him. You saw him in the living room LOL-ing. “It’s not funny.” You pouted and sat on the couch.

“Aw~ don’t do that or else I’ll kiss that again.” He teased and sat beside you. You immediately stopped pouting. “Jaekyung-ah~ I’m bored.” He rested his chin on your shoulder and wrapped his arms around your waist.

“Oppa is so greasy.” You teased.

“Mwo? Wae? Can’t I?”

“I didn’t say you can’t, I just said you’re greasy.” You meronged.

“Aish, this kid.” He started to tickle you.

“Yah! Stop it!” you said while laughing.

“Sirheo.” It was his time to merong.

“Oppa~!” you whined, lying on your back.

He then stopped and put your hair behind your ear and caressed your cheek. He held your chin up and kissed your lips. You close your eyes and kiss him back. You wrapped your arms around his neck as he wrapped his around your waist. The two of you didn’t notice the three have already arrived.

“Ehem...” Daehyun, the first one to enter, cleared his throat.

“OH MY— Go get a room!” Youngjae screamed. The two of you sat up.

“What the hell did you do to my sister?!” Himchan sent a death glare.

“I-I’m going to make her s-some breakfast.” Jongup stuttered and went to the kitchen.

“Y-yeah..I have to take my breakfast.” You scratched the back of your neck and followed Jongup.

The three, especially Himchan, eyed the two of you.

 

“That was so embarrassing.” Jongup said. Both of you laughed.

“It’s your fault.” You meronged.

“Naega wae?! You didn’t stop me so why are you blaming me?” he said while preparing your breakfast.

“You started it.”

“Nevermind, it’s no one’s fault. We’re both embarrassed anyway.” The two of you giggled. “Oh, by the way, I’m going to reopen my dance studio by tomorrow.” He handed you your food.

“Really? That’s cool. Hwaiting!”

“It will serve as my birthday gift for Zelo.” He said.

“Eh?”

“He’s been begging me to reopen it. That kid really loves dancing.” He smiled.