Chapter 9

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Hello awesome people who are reading this! Tis I, Sunshiner21 here wi- ya know.... I'd make the worst superhero... *random* Anyways sorry this chapter took so long. I've been braindead here latley... I'm just gonna make this short sweet and to the point k? Thank you all of my readers! You all are amazing! And all of you silent readers out there, I'd love to hear your feedback! Okay well I'm gonna go to sleep now k? ive been awake for too long... Anyways I hope you all enjoy this chapter, theres a couple Soosica moments *cough* your welcome hawkelion *cough* k ima shut up now. Byeeee

It's actually not my fault guize! I kept having to bug her to get this done but no she's a lazy bum. My first week wasn't even that busy I had time like all through the week to edit but nooooooOOooooo. Anyways ignore us we both haven't slept yet and despeartly need to as it is 7:05 AM our time. And I will not thank you for the SooSica, I OWE YOU NOTHING!

@jaein9: Well yeah she was full to a point but also she wouldn't dare hurt Jessica their waaay too close for her to do anything to her. :P Also I'd kill the author if she ever hurt Jessica >_>

@Rainedrop: Thank youuu for reading lol and wait for it cuz Soosica is quietly sneaking its way into this lol :D MORE LIKE TEARING ITS WAY IN LIKE A RABID ANIMAL MWAHAHAHAH!

@Lillianaaa: Hm we'll think about it lol 


That night Sooyoung sat up in bed, with Taeyeon's words echoing through her mind endlessly.

"What did she mean by that?" she thought to herself. After sitting for a while, she became aware of a sudden emptiness inside her gut that she knew regular food wouldn't fix. She quietly slipped out of the bed, being extra careful as to not wake Tiffany. Just when she was sure she was safe to leave she felt a hand grip her wrist. She looked down, afraid she’d been caught.

"Taetae, don't leave, I love youuuu." a very tired Tiffany said gripping onto Sooyoung's wrist tighter. Her eyes were still closed and hung open slightly, exposing the fangs they all usually kept retracted, gleaming sinisterly in the moonlight from the window.

"Fany, let go, I'm not Taeyeon." Sooyoung whispered trying to pull her wrist away without completely waking the older woman.

"Sorry Taetae." Tiffany mumbled with a smile, releasing Sooyoung's arm with her eyes still shut, her hand plopping down on the bed as she let out a loud snore. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and walked to the window. 'I can't risk anything around the other members.' she thought to herself before sneaking out the window. She quietly tiptoed around the living room window; just to be sure Taeyeon didn’t hear or see her leaving. Once she was a good distance, she began to walk normally down the street, eyeing her surroundings. After awhile she heard quiet footsteps behind her. She glanced over her shoulder to see an older man following her, watching her every movement. From his body language she could tell exactly what he was after. She smirked to herself as her eyes reverted to blood red. Sooyoung turned sharply into a close alleyway and walked until she was in between three buildings. The guy following her stopped behind her with a low chuckle, and grabbed her by her shoulder, spinning her around to face him. But when his eyes landed on her horrifying eyes, he gave a strangled cry off shock and stumbled backwards, trying to escape. But he wasn’t fast enough. Sooyoung leapt at him biting into his neck savagely. The last the man heard before his world went black for eternity, was the lapping of his own blood as his life was slowly drained away.

 

Sooyoung returned to Taeyeon's house a few hours later, hoping no one had noticed she’d left. She quietly slid back under the covers to the bed where Tiffany was still asleep. Sooyoung took a deep breath sitting back. Her head had just barely touched her pillow when Tiffany shot up from where she was.

"Where have you been?" Tiffany asked looking down at the woman with a suspicious glare. Sooyoung's eyes widened slightly.

"What do you mean?" Sooyoung said trying to hide the obvious truth.

"Didn't you leave?" Tiffany said looking at Sooyoung then around the room. Her eyes racked over the bedroom door which appeared untouched.

"I went for something to eat? Why are you freaking out Fany?" Sooyoung said looking back to the older woman.

"Something to eat?" Tiffany asked groggily, finally looking back to Sooyoung. She clearly still needed her sleep.

"Yeah? The store down the street is open all night. I wanted a doughnut." Sooyoung said, giving Tiffany a confused look. Tiffany narrowed her eyes at the younger woman.

"That's all you had?" she asked accusingly. Sooyoung smiled innocently and nodded.

"I already told you, I refuse to kill people." the younger woman said snuggling into her pillow. Tiffany quirked an eyebrow at her.

"You do know you can't live wit-" Tiffany started but was cut off from the living room.

"Would you two shut up and go to sleep!? It's REALLY hard to sleep with you two rambling on in there! We have practice tomorrow, may I remind you!” Taeyeon screamed.

"Sorry Taetae!" Tiffany yelled back. Sooyoung snorted at the twos antics.

"Okay, end of discussion. Goodnight." Sooyoung said, rolling over on her side. Tiffany shrugged, plopping back down on the bed and quickly falling back asleep. 

 

The next day the three women walked into the SM building, ready for another day of rehearsals. Sooyoung glanced at Taeyeon, before turning away and walking over to Jessica with a backwards grimace at Taeyeon and Tiffany. Tiffany wrapped her arm around Taeyeon's without warning once again. But Taeyeon didn't pull her arm away, for once surprising Tiffany. Instead, she sighed and looked at her.

"What have I told you?" Taeyeon asked calmly looking down at her arm. Her tone, though calm, was still dangerous.

"Sorry Taetae." Tiffany apologized, looking at the ground with a pout and releasing her arm from Taeyeon's. Turning her attention from Tiffany, Taeyeon looked around the room, watching the other members interact. She eyed Sunny, who had broken away from her conversation with Seohyun, running up to them and surprising Taeyeon.

"Hey Taeyeon! Hey Tiffany! How was your day off?" she greeted the two cheerily.

"It was fine, I guess?" Taeyeon answered giving Sunny a questioning look. Sunny smiled.

"That's good to hear." she said looking towards Tiffany.

"How about you Tiffany? You’re really quiet for once." She said, trying to start up a conversation. Instead, she was met with a glare from the brunette.

"What do you mean 'quiet for once.’? Are you saying I'm loud?!" she growled at the blonde midget. Sunny's eye's widened.

"N-no, I didn’t mean it like that, don’t misunderstand! I mean, you’re usually over there with Sooyoung and Jessica, talking." Sunny said, defending herself.

"O-oh. Right. Sorry about that Sunny." Tiffany said, looking down once again. Sunny's face formed another smile.

“It's okay. Well, I'm going to go say hi to everyone else. Talk to you later." She said, smiling before turning to walk away. Taeyeon turned to Tiffany with a confused expression.

"What was that all about?" she asked. Tiffany shrugged.

"I don't know. She was too close to you and she was annoying me." Tiffany grumbled. Taeyeon laughed at the statement.

"Too close to me? When did you turn into my personal bodyguard?" Taeyeon asked chuckling. Tiffany looked away, biting her lip.

"I didn't. I mean t-" she began but was cut off by the vocal teacher entering the room.

"Alright, ladies. You've had enough time to talk. It's time to get to work!" He yelled as he sat down his belongings on a chair. Tiffany looked up and sighed in relief, glad for the interruption. 

 

After practice, the vocal teacher said his goodbyes and left leaving the nine members to chat. The chatting lasted for a fair amount of time before Yuri brought up what they had all been thinking.

"So, should we watch the news before we leave? You know, make sure it's safe to walk the streets alone again?” she asked, walking towards the small television in the room. The other members gathered around her as she the device and began to flip through the channels. Taeyeon and Tiffany hesitated but eventually joined the group as Yuri set it to the news channel, not particularly interested in what the news had to say, but wanting to fit in all the same. Yuri finally found the channel and turned up the volume to the television. 

"The bodies of five people have been found in numerous places in Seoul. Police have released no statements on the identities of these victims. This may be due to the severe desecration of their bodies to the point there wasn’t much left aside from shreds. No further details have been released."

A silence filled the room after the anchorman finished. Taeyeon's eyes widened at the news. Her focus quickly shifted towards Tiffany, who had the same surprised and panicked expression she did. Tiffany’s eyes shifted towards to Taeyeon’s, and when the two's gaze met, they both turned their eyes towards Sooyoung. Sooyoung noticed the two watching her and looked at them both with a confused expression as the other members continued to stare at the television. Taeyeon swiftly made her way over to Sooyoung, grabbing a hold of her and pulling her out into the hallway, Tiffany following close behind the two.

"Was that you?!" Taeyeon said with a soft yell. Sooyoung stared back at Taeyeon blankly.

"No, why would you think I'd do that? I already told you, I don't kill people." she insisted. Taeyeon turned towards Tiffany who was just now approaching.

"I bet you helped!" she said, pointing at the brunette accusatorially. Tiffany starred back, confusion written all over her face.

"Helped what?" Tiffany asked, staring at Taeyeon.

"That's why you two were up talking at 2 am!" Taeyeon exclaimed, barely restraining herself from strangling the two then and there.

"Taetae, we were talking because Sooyoung woke me up. She said she wanted a doughnut or something, and that’s why she left in the middle of the night, to get food. Or so she claimed" Tiffany said, defending herself. Taeyeon's attention shot back to Sooyoung.

"If you wanted food why'd you sneak out the window? Because I sure as hell didn't hear you leave through the front door." Taeyeon said, narrowing her eyes at the taller woman.

"I didn't want to wake you." Sooyoung said back, calmly.

"That's a load of crap. You were the one, I know it! You can't hide it from me, tell me the truth!" Taeyeon growled, taking a step closer to the taller woman.

"I didn't do anything! Why don't you believe me!?" Sooyoung maintained, now glaring down at the older woman as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I know you did it! You know what? You don't want to tell me that you did it? How about this? Your precious Jessica will be the next unidentified body the police find!" Taeyeon snarled, not changing her expression. Sooyoung's eyes widened, and in seconds began to slightly water.

"Y-you wouldn't." Sooyoung said, her voice stuttering and she had to reach up and wipe a tear from her eye.

"Would you like to try me? She's weak; I could kill her in two seconds. I’m an original vampire, it would be a cake walk" Taeyeon spat back. Tears began to fall as Sooyoung took a step back from Taeyeon, leaning against a wall.

"I-I had to. You turned me into this bloodthirsty monster, I didn't want to come here today with there being a chance I would hurt anyone here! I care too much for everyone! I-I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to anyone in here." Sooyoung sobbed as she slowly slid down the wall, sitting with her knees against her chest, quietly crying to herself. Before either could try and comfort the distraught woman, or otherwise, the doors to the room where the other members were suddenly opened. Sooyoung never moved as she tried to stop her bawling, while Taeyeon and Tiffany turned to see who it was. Jessica walked towards them after closing the door behind her.

"Hey why'd you guys leave? We-" Jessica began to ask, but stopped as she noticed Sooyoung crying.

"Sooyoungie! What happened!?" she asked, rushing over to the younger woman. Sooyoung looked away from Jessica, trying to hide her tear stained face.

"Nothing, I'm fine." she said standing up wiping her tears. Jessica turned her attention to Taeyeon.

"What did you do to her?!" Jessica demanded, glaring at Taeyeon.

"I didn't do anything to her." Taeyeon answered back coldly.

"Then why is she crying?!" Jessica yelled back. Taeyeon merely shrugged in response. Jessica glanced at Tiffany, who also shrugged, before she turned back to Sooyoung, wiping a tear off of her face.

"Sooyoungie, please tell me what's wrong." she pleaded, grabbing onto Sooyoung's hand. Sooyoung looked down at the older woman.

"I'm fine Sica. Don't worry." she insisted, taking a deep breath, trying to calm down.

"Sooyoungie, I really want you to move back home. I'm really worried about you, and I'm lonely there without you." Jessica said lowering her voice to a whisper in the hopes the other two wouldn’t hear them. Which might have worked if they hadn’t been just a few feet away for one, and not vampires.

"Sica, I can't right now. I'm sorry." Sooyoung said sadly, slowly prying Jessica’s hand off of hers very gently. Jessica frowned deeply before turning around to face Taeyeon once again, shooting a glare at the older woman.

"If you do anything to make her cry again, I will have your head. Remember that." she hissed before turning back to give Sooyoung a hug. Taeyeon scoffed.

"Good luck, Ice Princess." she whispered to herself.


So as always, if you enjoyed comment and subscribe! Who knows when the next chapter will be up, she's suddenly getting lazier >_> But I will pester her as much as I can :P I'm lazy and i know it! *Sings like y and I know it* :D