Chapter 5

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Hey guys guess what?! It's chapter 5! Woopie! I'm delusional, ignore me. Anyways we hope you enjoy.

@renden: We're glad :D

@jaein9: Hopefully this chapter will answer a lot of your questions :D

@Broken_immortality: Yes she is indeed. And we'll just have to wait and find out I suppose :D

@Lillianaaa: Hehe, don't worry I'd never let Sunshiner21 kill Fany. :P

@puggles: We're glad you're enjoying so far! And yes. Yes they do xD


"Alright then, girls." the vocal teacher said, walking in front of the nine people.

"You all are doing an exceptional job, but I actually have to leave early today. I'm sorry about that, but you all seem to have already learned everything so far without issue, plus this will give you all extra time off." the vocal coach said grabbing his coat from the chair next to him.

"I will see you all tomorrow." he smiled and they all bowed as he exited. Immediately, Tiffany rushed over and sat next to Taeyeon trying to avoid any contact with the other members. She was afraid she wouldn’t be able to control her bloodlust and end up biting one of them. Of course, she knew that she wouldn’t be able to completely avoid them, she was acting way out of character someone was bound to question her. Jessica approached Tiffany.

"Hey Tiff, Sooyoung and I were going to head to the mall since we have the rest of the day off. Do you want to come?" Jessica asked, smiling at her. Her smile faltered a bit when she glanced over to Taeyeon, but she tried to recover it as best she could.

"You can come too if you want." she half smiled and looked back to Tiffany, anticipating her response. Tiffany shook her head.

"No, sorry, you and Sooyoung go without me. I already have plans with Taetae." she smiled and took Taeyeon's hand in her own. She was avoiding eye contact with Jessica, as she had been with everyone that day as she wasn’t sure if she could keep her eyes disguised. Taeyeon shuddered, starring at their hands before tearing hers away.

"W-what do you think you’re doing?!" Taeyeon yelled at the younger woman.

"Oh Taetae, you take everything so seriously." Tiffany said, giggling. Jessica looked between the two, suspicious.

"When did you two suddenly get so close?" she asked.

"We aren't that close." Taeyeon countered, glaring at the younger woman sitting next to her. Seohyun, who had been eyeing Tiffany with concern for some time, finally made up her mind and walked up to her.

"Unnie, do you feel alright? You’ve looked really pale since we got here." the young woman asked reaching her hand towards Tiffany's forehead to feel if she had a temperature. Tiffany panicked as the smell of blood coursing under the youngest woman’s flesh entered her personal space, causing her to lunge backwards, toppling over off of her chair. Hearing the thud she made when she fell, the other members looked up and ran over to her to help her, up worried she had hurt herself.

"I'm fine!" she yelled as she shot up, raising both hands in the air before any of them could reach her, looking around at the other members. Yuri looked at her questioningly.

"Fany, I agree with Seohyun, do you feel alright? You don't look well at all." she said in concern. Tiffany looked back to Taeyeon with a worried expression on her face. Taeyeon just raised an eyebrow and watched, amused, at Tiffany attempting to figure her way out of what was going on. She wasn’t going to interject; she wanted to see if Tiffany could handle herself as a fledgling vampire. Tiffany realized she would get no help from Taeyeon, she turned back to the other members with a nervous chuckle.

"Why are you are all freaking out over this? I'm always this pale… I just didn't put as much makeup on today as I've been lately. I was in a hurry this morning." Tiffany lied, giving them a reassuring smile before sitting back down next to Taeyeon.

"Tiffany you know if anything is wrong you can tell us right?" Sunny said walking up from behind the group. All of them had looks of concern on their face, and it almost broke Tiffany’s now unbeating heart knowing she couldn’t tell any of them.

"I know, but believe me when I tell you I'm fine." she said with a melancholy smile.

 

After everyone left the rehearsal Tiffany and Taeyeon began to walk towards Taeyeon's house. Tiffany had no reason to come with her, but Taeyeon actually felt better about it this way. She’d been thinking it over and she wasn’t sure she necessarily trusted Tiffany to herself. The walk had been for the most part silent, but Taeyeon finally broke the silence.

"Tiffany, I really, REALLY hate to do this… but I want you to come live with me for a while. You know, until your appetite calms down and I’m sure you can control yourself." she grumbled grudgingly. Tiffany's eyes widened and she began to jump up and down like a young school girl.

"Yay! I get to live with you!?" she squealed. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the younger woman’s antics.

"It's just temporary, until I can be sure to trust you alone around people. And seriously why are you so clingy? It's seriously weirding me out." she said. Tiffany continued jumping up and down while attempting to wrap Taeyeon in a hug, completely ignoring her previous comment.

"Okay first rule with me, don't hug me like this." Taeyeon spat, removing the young woman released her grip from her.

"Sorry, I'm just really excited!" Tiffany exclaimed in elation. Taeyeon scoffed at the statement.

"Ugh, something tells me I'm going to regret this." she said as she pulled her keys out of her pocket unlocking the front door to her house.

"So, Taetae where am I supposed to sleep?" Taeyeon looked around her house.

"We'll I do have a guest room. But it's full of… junk. So for now, you’re going to have to sleep in the living room. Sorry but it’s the only place I have off hand. But my couch is pretty comfortable." Taeyeon said. Tiffany pouted.

"But Taetae, your bed is big enough for two people is it not?" she asked, and her frown quickly turned into a mischievous smirk. Taeyeon's eyes widened at the remark, shaking her head.

"Ha, then I guess I'll be the one sleeping on the couch for a while. Keep in mind though piss me off and I won't hesitate to kill you this time." Taeyeon warned as she walked up to the younger woman, giving her a meaningful stare.

"Let's go get some things from you apartment." she said, breaking the stare and walking to the front door. 

During the walk, Tiffany skipped around acting like a little kid as was becoming the norm for her. At one point, she ran back and grabbed Taeyeon's arm and began to skip down the streets dragging Taeyeon close behind. Taeyeon stopped in her tracks, stopping Tiffany as well, and stared at the younger woman.

"What did I tell you?" Taeyeon growled. Tiffany frowned as she looked back at the shorter woman.

"Oh, c'mon Taetae. You need to lighten up. I'm just being friendly." the taller woman said to Taeyeon who moved her arm away.

"Honestly, I’ve seen you with the others, you’re friendly but you’re never this overly clingy with anyone else, why are you being this way Tiffany?" the shorter girl questioned.

"I don't know... Maybe it was something you did when you bit me? All I know is I'm just happy to be around you." Tiffany said with a smile as they continued walking. Taeyeon thought over the possibility of what Tiffany had said. But she had no prior experience to go off of.

"You see that’s the problem I've never changed anyone like this. I’ve never changed anyone ever…. Maybe… I should look back in my family records or something to see if they had any similar problems like this." Taeyeon said, more to herself then to Tiffany as they arrived at the front of the Tiffany's apartment.

"Just get a few things. Don’t take too long." Taeyeon said as she took a few steps back and leaned against the building wall.

"Okay Taetae, I'll be right back." Tiffany said as she ran into the building. A few minutes later Tiffany ran out with two large bright pink luggage bags.

"Okay Taetae I think this is all I need." she said showing her eye smile to Taeyeon.

"Good, let's get back I have some research I need to do." Taeyeon said, walking off without another word.

 

       When they arrived back at Taeyeon's house Tiffany set all of her stuff next to the door of Taeyeon's bedroom. She ruffled her hair and realized she hadn’t  bathed since the morning before.

"Taetae I'm gonna go take a shower, is that okay?" she asked, looking to the older woman who was scanning a shelf of old dusty looking books. Taeyeon looked up at her in confusion.

"You’re telling me this… why exactly? I don't care, go do what you must." she said as she picked through the old books that she had now laid out on her kitchen table. Tiffany shrugged before disappearing into Taeyeon’s bathroom. 'Let's see family history, family history…. Ah right here!' Taeyeon thought to herself as she skimmed through the books.

“Right here.... Great Aunt Hyo-jin used to make all of her close friends into vampires.” Taeyeon mumbled to herself as she kept reading.

“Oh, right here! She wrote ‘The person one wish's to change must be drained of a good amount their blood for them to become vampires. Be warned though, if too much blood is drained and then replaced with your own venom, the victim will grow overly attached, both in affections and physical contact.'” Taeyeon read to herself.

"Well that’s just great Taeyeon, you really should have been sure she was completely drained but, noooooo. Now you’re stuck with a clingy fledgling who is never going to leave you alone." Taeyeon grumbled to herself. A freshly showered and clothed Tiffany walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen with Taeyeon, drying her wet hair with a towel as she leaned over Taeyeon’s back to peer at what she was doing.

"What’cha reading?" Tiffany asked, trying to act cute. Taeyeon ignored the attempt as she read further into the book.

"I was trying to figure out why you’re so clingy with me, and it looks like I've found my answer." Taeyeon said rolling her eyes as she slammed the book shut.

"I hope if I ever for some reason do this again, they don’t turn out like you, I’m getting sick of this." she mumbled. Tiffany looked at the older woman with a pout.

"You know you’re happy to have me here. Before you were all alone, but now you’re not. You have me." she said, giggling to herself.

"And if you’re so concerned, why don't you test it out on someone? You know, turn someone else into a vampire to see if you can actually do it the right way." Tiffany suggested as she started to walk away towards Taeyeon’s bedroom.

"I'd be happy to help." she said smiling towards the older woman.

"Well, you know, I can't just bite a random person and be like 'HAHA you’re a vampire now!' I could, but then we’d have a ravenous fledgling vampire who neither of us knew. That's not going to work, I'd have to plan it out, and even if I did it would have to be a challenge for me. I don't just want to turn a random person; I need to test my true power. Besides, why would I need your help anyways?" Taeyeon growled, avoiding eye contact with the younger woman.

"Because I know the perfect person if you wanted to test your so called ‘power.’" Tiffany explained. Taeyeon looked up at the younger woman.

"Who could you possibly know?" Taeyeon asked, narrowing her eyes at the brunette.

"I'll give you a few hints: we work together, she's very religious, and if you want to test your power, I do believe she's the one for you." Tiffany said with a smirk.

"Why are you suddenly so interested in doing this? I thought they were your friends?" Taeyeon questioned.

"Well, Taetae, if you change this member I'll have more people to hang around with and won't bother you as much. And it kills me that I can’t talk to anyone about this." Tiffany said with a sad smile knowing she had convinced Taeyeon by the look in her eyes.

"Alright, alright, I'll go through with it. I'm going to need to know her better though." Taeyeon said as she looked at Tiffany who was staring at Taeyeon with the oddest look.

"What in the world are you doing?" Taeyeon asked, laughing at the younger girls action. Tiffany kept starring though and Taeyeon started to squirm under the woman’s gaze.

"I want to see if I can read your mind. And, no, I am not crazy Taetae, I can do it. I’ve read it enough to know we’re on the same page. You’re thinking of the exact person I was." Tiffany said, smirking again, blinking before returning to her normal gaze.

"So then I guess S-" Taeyeon began but was cut off by Tiffany.

"Why are you telling me? I already know." she said smiling again and walking away, leaving Taeyeon in a state of shock.


So there's that. As always, please comment and subscribe if you enjoyed! :D Thank you all who have already done so :D