Chapter 20

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

 

Dear god this chapter is long. Pssssst, come closer. Yes you. Let me let you in on something. I think Sunshiner21 was high on something when she wrote this chapter >_> No not really, but it's seriouslly really random xD Anyways, I'll let you guys get to it.

Yes I will admit this chapter is random. No I was not high, -_- thank you Hawkelion. My random brain needed to come out sooner or later and if it was later you all would be REALLY confused. Anywho I feel like I need to dedicate this chapter to Rainedrop and avaradigm, just because you two flipped so many tables that Jessica took after you two. So with that being said I should go start a serious chapter now instead of more randomness. K then, well as always thank you all for reading! I love you all! *breaks off into song and dance* I love youuuu OOOOOOoooooooOOOO  random 2ne1 moment ah well.

@blursone: Oh no she's far from breaking down, or well ya know. thanks for still reading :D

@Rainedrop: Don't worry you aren't pushing SooSica on anyone. I kind of feel like I needed more SooSica to make up for the lack of TaeNy moments which will maybe come sooner or later. Who knows. And as I said before your's and avaragigms constant table flipping led me to this chapter so, I will leave it at that XD

@kokosrs17: Indeed happy birthday or well really late birthday now xD ma bad

@Lillianaaa: NEVER!!!! Muahahahahahaha Just kidding it will come sooner or later just be patient my dear reader lol

@MiamiMiami: I'm glad it cheered you up lol even though they are blood thirsty monsters but eh I guess it is kind of happy at times lol

@jaein9: She's um going through some stuff right now >_> thats all ima say for now <_< *dissapears* 

@avaradigm: Yeah I've began to realize I'm kind of leaving Yoona, Yuri and Seobaby out So I figure they need to talk a little more and make their presence known >_> And ya see all this table flipping led to this chapter. And may I say Muahahahahahaha I love my evil laugh because no one know's my reason for it yet. :P Oh hey you just reminded me about F(x) thank you (Insert evil smile here) ehehe ok well thanks for still reading xD lol

 


 

"Taetae, wake up." Tiffany said calmly as she poked Taeyeon's arm.

 

"Is it already time to get up?" Taeyeon asked, not opening her eyes.

 

"No, but this is important. So please wake up." Tiffany said as she sat at the end of the couch by Taeyeon's feet.

 

"Why can't this wait till morning?" Taeyeon asked sitting up.

 

"Why is it when I tried to tell you happy birthday, you told me to drop it, but when the other members said it to you, you acted like you enjoyed hearing it." Tiffany asked, ignoring Taeyeon's question.

 

"You seriously woke me up to ask me that?" Taeyeon said looking tiredly at Tiffany.

 

"Do you really hate me that much? I mean, when they all said they cared about you, you acted like you cared about them too. I care more about you then they do, but you shove me away." Tiffany elaborated, looking away from Taeyeon's gaze.

 

"I don't hate you. You're just too clingy." Taeyeon replied still looking at Tiffany.

 

"Don't lie to me. I know I annoy you and you hate me. I heard your thoughts the day you burnt my hand. 'Kiss her and break her heart', if I recall correctly? Yeah I know what you were planning Taeyeon." Tiffany said, almost in tears.

 

"If you knew why did you still try?" Taeyeon asked, her tone cold.

 

"I just… I wanted to feel your lips on mine again. Taeyeon you don't realize that I would do to have you love me back." Tiffany said as a tear escaped her eye.

 

"Except I can't. You keep acting like I’ll somehow suddenly change and a soul will just pop up out of nowhere inside me to somehow allow me to love you, but that’s not going to happen. It's impossible. I will never love you, or anyone for that matter." Taeyeon said narrowing her eyes at Tiffany.

 

"I-I'm sorry I woke you up. I won't b-bother you anymore." Tiffany said standing up and tears began to fall uncontrollably.

 

"How can you do that?" Taeyeon asked suddenly as she watched Tiffany begin to walk towards the bathroom.

 

"How can I do what?" Tiffany answered with her back still to Taeyeon.

 

"Cry?" Taeyeon asked not taking her eyes off of Tiffany.

 

"It's a normal function, I don't know. It comes with emotions." Tiffany said slowly turning to meet Taeyeon's gaze.

 

"Does it hurt to cry?" Taeyeon asked seriously, tilting her head to the side.

 

"When you're crying from a broken heart it does. Why do you care?" Tiffany said crossing her arms. Taeyeon's eyes widened.

 

"I don't. Shut up and go back to sleep." Taeyeon said before falling back on the couch and pretending to sleep.

 

“Oh good you finally decide to shutup up there!! We're trying to sleep back here!" Sooyoung yelled from the back room.

 

 

 

"So Taeyeon, why do we have to go to work today?" Sooyoung asked looking at Taeyeon who quickly turned the TV off.

 

"I don't know. Our manager called this morning and told us to come in for some reason. So you should go wake HellSica up, because I don't want to deal with her this morning." Taeyeon said propping her feet up on the small table in front of her.

 

"Don't call her HellSica!" Sooyoung yelled back, glaring at Taeyeon.

 

"Fine, don't get all hurt." Taeyeon replied turning the TV back on.

 

"Okay… what the hell are you watching?" Sooyoung asked looking at the TV.

 

"It's called Midnight Sun. It's about a 16 year old girl who has some rare skin condition that makes the sunlight lethal to her." Taeyeon said turning the TV's volume up.

 

"I asked what you were watching. I don't care what it's about." Sooyoung said turning to walk towards the bedroom. Taeyeon rolled her eyes and continued to watch the movie, until Tiffany walked in through the front door.

 

“I'm back, if anyone cares." Tiffany said walking into the living room.

 

"Shut up, I'm almost done with this movie!" Taeyeon growled. Tiffany walked up behind the couch looking at the TV.

 

"What are you watching Taetae?" she asked, turning her attention to Taeyeon.

 

"Midnight Sun." Taeyeon answered not looking away from the TV. Tiffany was actually familiar with the Japanese film so did not need to ask what it was about.

 

"So… why are you watching it?" Tiffany asked still looking at Taeyeon. Taeyeon shrugged, not taking her eyes off the screen.

 

"Well, seeing as how your explanation of crying was incredibly vague, I decided to try and find out about it myself." Taeyeon answered, looking up at the younger woman.

 

"I… erm… You were serious about that?" Tiffany asked, taking a step back from the couch.

 

“Does it seem like I would joke about something like that?" Taeyeon asked, quirking an eyebrow questioningly.

 

"Well I didn't know. It's not like you've asked any kind of question like that before, so…." Tiffany said just as Sooyoung and Jessica walked into the room.

 

"Are you two ready to leave yet?" Jessica asked crossing her arms.

 

"Seriously, we've been waiting for your lazy up." Taeyeon said letting out a hearty laugh, causing the 3 women around her to stare at her in shock.

 

"D-did you just laugh?" Sooyoung asked tilting her head to the side.

 

"Like… a genuine laugh?" Tiffany added.

 

"I-I don't know what you are talking about, I laugh all the time." Taeyeon said with a nervous smile.

 

"Yeah, that little snicker you do doesn't count as a laugh. Are you sick or something?" Jessica asked raising an eyebrow to the older woman.

 

"N-no! Why are we still here talking? We're going to be late if we don't leave now." Taeyeon said, effectively ending the discussion by turning and walking out the front door. The other three women shrugged and followed close behind.

 

 

The walk was quiet between the four women until Tiffany spoke up.

 

"So Tae, you never explained why it was okay for everyone but me to wish you a Happy Birthday." She said looking over at Taeyeon.

 

"Ugh, this again? Really Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked, obviously annoyed.

 

"Don't get mad. I'm just curious." Tiffany muttered, looking down at the ground. Taeyeon looked over at her and noticed Jessica and Sooyoung staring at her.

 

"Fine, if it's bugging you that much, I'll tell you…. The truth is, I've had so many birthdays that no one has cared about. I guess… when everyone decided to celebrate it, I just didn't know how to handle it. I mean, I'd get the occasional happy birthday from someone I worked with over the years, but nothing else. To me it's always just been another day, and that's why I told you to drop it." Taeyeon said shrugging her shoulders.

 

"So many? 22 isn't really that many. Unless, you're older than you say you are." Sooyoung said as they continued walking. Taeyeon's eye's widened and she pursed her lips, becoming silent.

 

"Taetae, why did you suddenly get quiet? Wait… are you older than we think?" Tiffany asked looking at Taeyeon with wide eyes.

 

"Uh, maybe a bit." Taeyeon answered, looking away from the three women.

 

"A bit? How much is a bit? Like 25? 26?" Jessica asked, looking over at Taeyeon.

 

"What does it matter how old I am? I don- Tiffany stop trying to read my mind, you’re not going to figure it out." Taeyeon said, looking over at Tiffany who had a very odd expression on her face, the same one she usually did when she was trying to pry Taeyeon’s brain.

 

"Ha, read your mind? I wasn't trying to read your mind." Tiffany answered nervously, looking the opposite way.

 

"Sure you weren't." Taeyeon said, rolling her eyes at the younger woman.

 

"Why won't you tell us? It isn't that big of a deal, you know?" Sooyoung said as they walked up to the front of the SM building.

 

"It honestly doesn't matter how old I am, okay? So we're just going to drop the subject." Taeyeon said before turning to walk through the doors. As they entered the practice room, Yuri walked past the 4 women with her cell phone up to her ear, but soon put it down to look at Taeyeon.

 

"Taeyeon, have you seen Sunny? None of us can reach her." she said, looking down at her phone.

 

"Nope, I haven't." Taeyeon answered before walking over to a chair to sit down. Yuri watched her, before following behind her after a moment.

 

"You don't seem worried. She's a member of your group, and yet you act like you don't care that she's gone." Yuri muttered, glaring at Taeyeon’s indifferent face.

 

"I'm sure she's fine." Taeyeon said, trying to ignore the woman in front of her.

 

"Whatever, she could have been attacked or killed, yet you act like you could care less." Yuri said crossing her arms.

 

"Yuri, I'm sure she's fine, get over it. Have you ever thought she might just be late?" Taeyeon answered coldly, glaring at the younger woman.

 

"You’re unbelievable! After we all set up your birthday party, you come back and act like you hate everyone again." Yuri growled before turning to walk away.

 

"Whatever you say Yuri." Taeyeon said to herself.

 

"Alright ladies!" The vocal coach called as he walked through the doors.

 

"I know you're all a bit mad for having to come in today, but there is a reason. Today you will meet your new choreographer." the vocal coach said looking at the 8 women.

 

"Wait, there is only 8 of you here, where is member 9?" he asked, looking around the room. About that time the side doors opened revealing a very thin and pale looking Sunny. Taeyeon ignored her presence and continued looking at the vocal coach while the other 7 members rushed to Sunny. A few seconds after being bombarded with questions, Sunny spoke up, making the 7 women shut up.

 

"I'm fine! I just broke my phone, that’s why nobody could reach me.” she said as she walked past the women and towards towards the vocal coach.

 

"I'm sorry I'm late, it will not happen again." she said, looking up at the taller man.

 

"It's alright, just go take a seat." he said while looking down at Sunny. Sunny complied.

 

"Right. So where were we? Oh dance, I'd like to introduce you to your choreographer." the man said, looking around the room at the 9 women.

 

 

After everyone had met the new coach, he walked to the front of the room looking around the room.

 

"It is nice to meet all of you. Now, if you don't mind, I would like to see what you can do so far." The man said, going to sit down next to the vocal coach. With that being said, he called each member up one by one. After about an hour, they had all finished and the dance coach walked to the front of the room.

 

"Alright, thank you all. You may all take your lunch break if you would like. Oh, Hyoyeon. May I speak to you please for a bit?" the man asked, looking over at Hyoyeon who simply nodded.

 

"Sooyoungie! Can we go out for lunch? I didn't bring anything." Jessica said clinging on to the taller woman's arm.

 

"I know you didn't. That's why I packed your lunch." Sooyoung replied with a smile on her face as she held up two packed lunches.

 

"Aw, my Sooyoungie, always taking care of me." Jessica replied placing a small kiss on Sooyoung's cheek.

 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What is going on here?" Hyoyeon asked, walking up to the two women.

 

"Hyoyeon! It's not what you think!" Sooyoung said quickly stepping away from Jessica.

 

"Sooyoung, chill. We're members, you two do whatever floats your boat. I'm not the type to judge." Hyoyeon said with a small smile on her face.

 

"Thank you? But if you don't mind could you keep this between us? I don't think Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun need to know about us." Sooyoung insisted.

 

"A secret? Pretty sure everyone already knows. You two can't keep your hands off each other after all." Hyoyeon said as she began to laugh. Sooyoung's eyes grew wide.

 

"I... um… we...." Sooyoung said, trying to form a sentence through her embarrassment.

 

"Oh shut up. I'm gonna go eat. You two have fun. And congratulations by the way." Hyoyeon said as she began to walk away.

 

"Sooyoungie, why did you push me away like that?" Jessica whined, looking up at the taller woman.

 

"Remember what Taeyeon told us? We need to keep this from the public. At least we don't have to hide from our members now." Sooyoung said with a smile on her face.

 

"I-I guess you're right. I'm going to go sit with Tiffany at that table over there. Want to come?" Jessica asked looking in the direction of the small table.

 

"Sure, I need to go talk to Yoona about something really quick. I'll be there in a second, okay?" Sooyoung said still smiling at the shorter woman.

 

"Okay Sooyoungie." Jessica said with a small smile on her face. Jessica went and sat down across from Tiffany who was still eating.

 

"Tiff, do you think it's stupid what Sooyoungie and I are doing? You know, the hiding our relationship thing." Jessica asked her friend seriously.

 

"You know it’s against everything they believe in here in South Korea. So I think it's for the best." Tiffany replied looking back at her with a small frown.

 

"I guess you're right." Jessica sighed.

 

"I wonder what she needed to talk to Yoona about?" Jessica asked no one in particular as she looked across the room towards the taller woman.

 

"What is she doing?" Tiffany asked noticing the strange look on Jessica's face. With no response, Tiffany turned to see Yoona feeding Sooyoung. She quickly turned back to Jessica, now in a panic.

 

"Sica, I bet it's nothing. Please don't over react." Tiffany pleaded, noticing Jessica's eye beginning to twitch. 

 

"Sica calm down." Tiffany said, more forcefully this time, looking at Jessica with a worried expression.

 

"NO! I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! WHAT IS SHE DOING WITH MY SOOYOUNGIE!!?" Jessica yelled angrily, standing from her seat.

 

"Jessica, don't do something you'll regret!" Tiffany insisted, looking up at the older woman whose eyes began to turn red. Tiffany looked around in a panic hopping no one was watching them for fear they’d spot Jessica’s eyes.

 

"Jessica Jung! Calm yourself, woman! You're going to get caught with your eyes like that!" Tiffany hissed, trying to keep the older woman calm.

 

"NO! LET ME GET CAUGHT! NO ONE TOUCH'S MY SOOYOUNGIE!" Jessica screamed as she flipped the table in front of her, easily tossing it to the side.

 

"DAMN IT JESSICA! MY PIZZA! I WASN'T DONE WITH THAT!" Tiffany screamed at the enraged Jessica, not moving to stop the brunette as she stormed off towards Yoona and Sooyoung.

 

"YOONA!" Jessica screamed, glaring at the younger woman. Yoona turned to face the enraged woman. As soon as she caught a glimpse of Jessica’s eyes, she froze on the spot.

 

"Jessica, calm down!" Sooyoung exclaimed, stopping Jessica from going any further by stepping in front of her.

 

"YOU! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Jessica screamed not looking at Sooyoung.

 

"Sica, she was just offering me part of her lunch." Sooyoung said trying to calm the older woman down.

 

"YOU LET HER FEED YOU!" Jessica screamed again.

 

"Jessica, we're all friends. You know I'd never do anything to hurt you." Sooyoung insisted as she rapped the shorter woman in an embrace, causing Jessica to finally relax a bit and change her eye's back to the dark color they were before.

 

"I trust you Sooyoungie." Jessica said, her attitude taking a complete 180 in no time flat, pulling Sooyoung closer and burying her head into the girls collar bone. Yuri walked up to the two hugging.

 

"Um, Jessica. What did you do to Yoona?" the tan woman asked, looking back at Yoona who hadn't moved since looking at Jessica's eyes.

 

"I… uh… I don't know. Yoona?" Jessica asked, walking over to the younger woman waving her hands in front of her face. There was no response, just a glassy blank stare of horror.

 

"Jessica, you try and get her to respond…. I'm gonna go get someone to help." Yuri said, her voice slightly panicked as she ran out the doors.

 

"Sica, what did you do?" Sooyoung asked, staring at the shorter woman.

 

"I didn't do anything! I just glared at her for feeding you and being all affectionate with my woman!" Jessica insisted, still staring at Yoona.

 

"Well, looks like you've found your power Jessica." Taeyeon said walking up to them from nowhere, making sure no one could hear her.

 

"Taeyeon, how do I wake her? She's not moving." Jessica said looking over her shoulder at Taeyeon.

 

"Hmm, I've never had to wake someone like this before. Usually this is when you kill them. But I'm feeling kind, besides killing a member would just cause issues. Maybe…. Try hitting her hard enough to knock her out of it." Taeyeon said with a smirk on her face.

 

"H-hit her? But I can't hit her! That's horrible!" Jessica exclaimed, still looking at Taeyeon.

 

"Well, I guess she's going to stay like that then." Taeyeon said before turning to walk away.

 

"YAH! Fine! Yoona… I'm really sorry about this." Jessica said before raising her hand and slapping Yoona across the face with all her strength.

 

"J-Jessica I was only sharing my food! Don't kill me please!" Yoona screamed before she realized the woman was in front of her.

 

"W-wait how did you get here so fast? You were just over there like two seconds ago." Yoona said, now confused.

 

"I'm not going to kill you. Just don't touch my Sooyoungie again." Jessica warned before turning to walk away.

 

"W-what just happened Sooyoung?" Yoona asked looking up at the taller woman.

 

"I'm not sure myself." Sooyoung said before turning to follow the older woman.

 

 

 

After rehearsals ended the 4 women began their walk home.

 

"So Jessica, freezing people with your glare huh? Hmm, not bad. It fits." Taeyeon said looking over at the younger woman.

 

"Oh shut up. I never want to go through that again." Jessica grumbled, taking hold of Sooyoung's hand.

 

"So let's see, Sooyoung has strength, you freeze people with your icy glare, Tiffany can control minds with her smile, and Sunny.… Wait what does Sunny do?" Taeyeon asked, looking at the three women confused.

 

"Good question. I haven't seen her do anything. I am still worried about her though. Didn't you notice how thin she looked and how pale she was?" Tiffany questioned, looking at Taeyeon.

 

"She's a vampire, of course she's pale. And being thin, maybe she just hasn't fed in a couple of days, but that's her own fault. Weight and energy deteriorate much more quickly for a vampire if they go to long without feeding then it would for a human going without eating." Taeyeon said, shrugging her shoulders.

 

"Hey Tiff, if you want, we can call her and see if there's something wrong." Jessica said looking over at the younger woman.

 

"Okay, two things. One, she doesn't have a phone, she said it broke, remember? And two, I'm still mad at you!" Tiffany exclaimed, crossing her arms and turning her face away from Jessica deffiantley.

 

"What did I do now?" Jessica asked rolling her eyes.

 

"MY PIZZA WAS INNOCENT! BUT YOU KILLED IT!" Tiffany yelled glaring at Jessica.

 

"You're seriously mad about a slice of pizza?" Jessica asked, looking at the younger woman incredulously.

 

"Whatever Jessi, I'm going to stay mad!" Tiffany insisted immaturely, still not looking at the older woman.

 

"Oh come on, I'll buy you a new pizza if you forgive me." Jessica said, bribing Tiffany and using a bit of aegyo in her voice.

 

"Oh God, Jessica using aegyo? My innocent eyes and ears! I need brain bleach!" Tiffany yelled dramatically, teasing the older woman.

 

"Yah! Rude much!" Jessica yelled, glaring at Tiffany.

 

"Ohhhh Killer glare alert!" Tiffany exclaimed continuing to avoid looking at Jessica, this time for fear she’d be paralyzed.

 

"How do you know you won't even look at me!" Jessica said still looking at Tiffany.

 

"I know you too well Jess Fine, you have a deal. I want that pizza soon." Tiffany said finally looking at the older woman.

 

"Soon? Like how soon?" Sooyoung asked looking between the two older women.

 

"Soon Sooyoung, and don't worry, you can have some too." Tiffany said laughing at the taller woman.

 

"Alright Tiff. It's a deal." Jessica said as they approached the front door of Taeyeon's house.

 

"SOON!" Sooyoung yelled loudly in English with a creepy smile across her face, causing Jessica and Tiffany to look at her oddly.

 

"What? I like saying soon?" Sooyoung explained awkwardly as they walked inside.

 

"You’re weird." Taeyeon finally said looking back at the taller woman.

 

"I know, but if I wasn't I wouldn't be the Sooyoung you all know and love… or, well two of you love, anyways." Sooyoung replied with a small smile on her face causing Taeyeon to roll her eyes at the taller woman. 

 


Thanks to everyone who wished me a safe trip! It was fun, but the drive there and back was long. Not that I'm one to talk, Sunshiner21 drove us to California and back for that 2NE1 concert, that had to be excruciating ._. But at least I talked to her, my carmates wouldn't speak to me at all they tuned me out completley D: Anywho, nobodies interested in my rambling, so as always, if you enjoyed comment and subscribe! You guys make our day, we love you! Or I do, I can't speak for the author that's her job xD

 

SOON! ehehe Yes this chapter was random I'm sorry if it made no sense xD And yes I remember driving 12 hours to California -_- Not fun. But the concert was AMAZING xD And don't make me sound like the bad guy Hawkelion I LOVE all my readers to death! If not for them I would have stopped writting this a LOOOOONNNNNGGGG time ago :P And I still love you all's comments so keep it up lol